Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React (56238 Views)

Woman Enjoys At An Eatery With Her Children, Maid Sits Unattended To (Photo) / Boyfriend's mum Advice / Old Nigerian Grandma Smoking Weed Goes Viral. Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Sterope(f): 6:22pm On May 29, 2019
Yes, it is the reason some In-laws abuse their daughter in law and some women choose to be abused in the name of marriage. I don't know about you but sweeping while your guest is sitted is very rude in my culture. Common sense dictates that it is rude, it is an indirect way of telling someone to leave your house.

If there is one thing our African culture excels at, it is at treating people who we deem below us in a very rude and condescending manner. The receiver is expected to take it because of their gender, age, financial status and position. The mother clearly thought she has monopoly over rudeness. Being an elder doesn't mean she should not have respected herself. You don't test someone else's child by sweeping over them. Now I see why some families end up with monsters in law. undecided

TFLAME:

This is Nigeria And that kind of action is not strange !!

It’s not new . Yeah rude , she could have just told the girl to join her in the kitchen .right ? But that’s rude too ? This is Nigeria , mother in-laws do that to test manners . Behavior , etc .. even if she pass all the test , it doesn’t mean she’ll be a good wife .. but the sweeping stunt is one of the old tricks in the mother in-laws book . So I don’t see why you are acting like it’s strange . But it’s normal to collect the broom from a grown woman , mother in-law or not . At least you offer to help . She won’t die if she had asked to assist the woman . It’s not big deal

6 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by habsydiamond(m): 6:46pm On May 29, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Why sweep when u have a visitor?
the mum wants to know if the girl get A1 for home training but unfortunately, na F9 she get which means she will retake the course next semester

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by guru03(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2019
djon78:

My girl i was planning to marry slept over in my parents house, she was served food, when she finished, she didn't remove plate, in the morning woke up did nothing.

My parents never ever agreed for me to marry her, they said she wasn't raised well.
And I warned her to behave herself, but she said she no send.

You may say that the elders are overbearing, but they are right. We have so many women today who say they no send, but if you look deeper you will see serious character deficiency.
You are right oooo my brother. I support such parents. Even if I am the parent I will act in that manner.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 29, 2019
habsydiamond:
the mum wants to know if the girl get A1 for home training but unfortunately, na F9 she get which means she will retake the course next semester
Lol. Not a conclusive test of character if u ask me

2 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Ugosample(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2019
Nigerians are very easy to deceive
What sort of fvckery is all these dumb tests?

Why are these FVCKING tests in place in the first place?
And with deceptive girls knowing the playbook They can deceive their way into the family and "Dabaru" the whole thing

But it's not my business tho
Make una continue this foolery

3 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by boxypane(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2019
joyberry:
Test ko test ni,so if the girl collects the broom,she is a wife material? Based on what her ability to sweep,is that the basics for marriage, All these so called tests sef,i never heard of multi-millionaires doing such, its always the struggling ones.Who even sweeps when guests are around sef?its rude and shows the guests he or she aint wanted, if the girl is a regular at the house ,fine thats different but a first-time visitor haba sef?
All these guys on this thread, if u go to your gf house and the father starts to wash his car in ur presence will u join him to wash the car?I don't get the act of degrading or putting some tru certain tests cos he or she wants to marry your child. That why many people pretend tru out courtship to put up with their potential in-laws unnecessary tests, and unleash their true colours in marriage .
Lots of marks make up 10 sir.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by habsydiamond(m): 7:33pm On May 29, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
to me it is oo.. what would make a mother to carry broom which she has a visit if not to test, if she's a wife material type or not. My own view to this is different to urs I guess
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by iksman2002(m): 7:46pm On May 29, 2019
From the post it is very obvious she was a visitor
To me its not bad

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Duggedised12(f): 7:59pm On May 29, 2019
I dont know about other people,but sweeping when a guest is around is an unspoken word of "you are not welcomed here". That was very rude of the old lady, however, I won't be comfortable watching the old lady sweep.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by dingbang(m): 8:53pm On May 29, 2019
guru03:

The good thing was that we parted ways out such attitude and today its history.
very good
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Sinach0191(m): 9:14pm On May 29, 2019
She's being herself
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 9:39pm On May 29, 2019
sweetrace:
The lady in question has great self esteem. What test is that? so, she should impress the guys mother that she can sweep or will do anything to be accepted by them? I’ve seen and heard of ladies that sweep, clean, wash and cook and the guy did not marry them. I’ve seen those that hate housework of any kind and got married. Real men generally know what they want in a woman. The ones that don’t know what they want end up marrying eye service ladies sometimes. After the wedding, the service ends and the guy starts to lament that the lady has changed.

See as your mouth is running like tap..
I'm sure you have tradition or culture where you come from. Even if it's not a test, courtesy demands your collect the broom from the old woman and do it. it doesn't reduce you in any way but look at you claiming you're wise. Even I wouldn't go to my GF or fiancee's house, see her mother sweep where I can and not want to help her sweep it, or see the mom carry something and not help her carry it. It speaks alot on home training, respect and humility.

Certain little and foolish things are used to test the wise.. You think a mother- in- law would Want a wife that doesn't respect her... Even if nah fake, fake it. I'm not saying you should/must clean the whole house, wash the dishes or do the laundry..

Anyways talk is cheap.. nah people like you go even collect the broom sweep the whole compound..

ND the lady in question doesn't have any great self esteem but has very terrible self esteem and lacks character..

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2019
Duggedised12:
I dont know about other people,but sweeping when a guest is around is an unspoken word of "you are not welcomed here". That was very rude of the old lady, however, I won't be comfortable watching the old lady sweep.

I like your honesty...
The old woman might be trying to send a message which is only a presumption. However the lady in this disposition should have collected that broom, or make attempt to help her. We both know it won't reduce her one bit or mutilate her self esteem

Those days whilst growing up, when we see an elderly person carrying anything we would rush to collect it. sometimes when they resist we still insist, help them bring it to the house..

But nowadays even a secondary school child would see his/her teacher with load/bag and wouldn't even flinch. Instead they would ignore and even try to engage in a conversation.. Those days them no even born you well sef..

Anyways alot of things has changed.. What that lady did was outrightly malign..
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

It could be ruled to an extent a conclusive one.
Besides why is everyone's thoughts and conclusion converge at "WIFE MATERIAL" Test
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Olorunnim: 10:10pm On May 29, 2019
Bossjakande:
I dont want to insult u cos I care a lot are u baby DAT dey pamper. think before u talk u av mom u av broda did u wish ur bro girl treat ur mom like dis? wat if after marriage ur mom visit and d useless wife didnt cook for her.dont forget u will be a mom too one day.maybe u wish ur son wife to treat u like dis.life aint about today alone. think about 2morrow. u dissapoint me dear.
Eleyi a pe no oja oko na dem no dey quick marry, You'll see their type at Shiloh 2019
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Limitless72(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2019
Sterope:
Yes, it is the reason some In-laws abuse their daughter in law and some women choose to be abused in the name of marriage. I don't know about you but sweeping while your guest is sitted is very rude in my culture. Common sense dictates that it is rude, it is an indirect way of telling someone to leave your house.

If there is one thing our African culture excels at, it is at treating people who we deem below us in a very rude and condescending manner. The receiver is expected to take it because of their gender, age, financial status and position. The mother clearly thought she has monopoly over rudeness. Being an elder doesn't mean she should not have respected herself. You don't test someone else's child by sweeping over them. Now I see why some families end up with monsters in law. undecided

Dear you have a point though. But what if the mother's intention were quintessential, what if they were innocent.. You see in one way or the other we should try to understand virtually everything is relative and conventional..
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 29, 2019
Limitless72:

It could be ruled to an extent a conclusive one.
Besides why is everyone's thoughts and conclusion converge at "WIFE MATERIAL" Test
A very toxic person could easily sweep that floor and pass d test. Then again, she not taking the broom could mean she doesn't even love d guy that much or wanna marry him.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 29, 2019
Ugosample:
Nigerians are very easy to deceive

What sort of fvckery is all these dumb tests?

Why are these FVCKING tests in place in the first place?

And with deceptive girls knowing the playbook
They can deceive their way into the family and "Dabaru" the whole thing

But it's not my business tho

Make una continue this foolery
Are u minding them
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by budaatum: 10:26pm On May 29, 2019
Limitless72:

Dear you have a point though. But what if the mother's intention were quintessential, what if they were innocent.. You see in one way or the other we should try to understand virtually everything is relative and conventional..
You get guest de sweep and you want us to believe its innocent sweeping!?

I swear, person get sense pass that level.

2 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by bbjummy: 7:18am On May 30, 2019
Bossjakande:
and u call urself a Yoruba girl am not sure u are
Yoruba people and eye services are 5 and 6. The first time I went to my in-laws, I felt like a king and subsequently I joined in their routines. I can't pretend please. If they like you, they like you chikena.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by bbjummy: 7:25am On May 30, 2019
Unionised:

So you will feel cheated if you swept their house and still get dumped?

Serious....
It's good to be yourself not because you are trying to make your inlaws like you then you start doing eye service and tomorrow you are having regrets while they will be in their house mocking you. Abeg let her sweet afterall, she's been doing it all the while wink
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by deltateam: 8:52am On May 30, 2019
Both the man and mother are confused.

She's your girlfriend not fiancée, coming to your house for the first time and you want her to start sweeping?

Like seriously? This is insane.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by deltateam: 8:54am On May 30, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Why sweep when u have a visitor?

That's why I said that family is confused.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by deltateam: 8:56am On May 30, 2019
SageMK:
grin

Well before you start smashing your keyboard about her lacking morals or courtesy, when was the last time you gave up your seat for an elderly person or help that blind man cross the street or carry a pregnant woman's load?

To begin with, it only shows lack of courtesy and respect to start sweeping when you've got a guest in your house.

So she did the right thing. After all, she was there as a guest, and not for a domestic help interview or anything.

If she were spending some days in that house, maybe she could help out somehow but not wearing her outing clothes and being expected to sweep in it.

I repeat that family is confused.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by deltateam: 8:58am On May 30, 2019
Bossjakande:
u go schl. read and see is a test instead of jumping up Abd down. learn from it

Its a stupid test by stupid people.

2 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by deltateam: 9:00am On May 30, 2019
joyberry:
Test ko test ni,so if the girl collects the broom,she is a wife material? Based on what her ability to sweep,is that the basics for marriage, All these so called tests sef,i never heard of multi-millionaires doing such, its always the struggling ones.Who even sweeps when guests are around sef?its rude and shows the guests he or she aint wanted, if the girl is a regular at the house ,fine thats different but a first-time visitor haba sef?
All these guys on this thread, if u go to your gf house and the father starts to wash his car in ur presence will u join him to wash the car?I don't get the act of degrading or putting some tru certain tests cos he or she wants to marry your child. That why many people pretend tru out courtship to put up with their potential in-laws unnecessary tests, and unleash their true colours in marriage .

I love you already. kiss
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by deltateam: 9:04am On May 30, 2019
AstroG:
[color=#006600][/color]

See them,MIDNIGHT NEWSPAPER SPOTTED undecided undecided

Keep quiet
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by sweetrace(f): 9:10am On May 30, 2019
Limitless72:

See as your mouth is running like tap..
I'm sure you have tradition or culture where you come from. Even if it's not a test, courtesy demands your collect the broom from the old woman and do it. it doesn't reduce you in any way but look at you claiming you're wise. Even I wouldn't go to my GF or fiancee's house, see her mother sweep where I can and not want to help her sweep it, or see the mom carry something and not help her carry it. It speaks alot on home training, respect and humility.

Certain little and foolish things are used to test the wise.. You think a mother- in- law would Want a wife that doesn't respect her... Even if nah fake, fake it. I'm not saying you should/must clean the whole house, wash the dishes or do the laundry..

Anyways talk is cheap.. nah people like you go even collect the broom sweep the whole compound..

ND the lady in question doesn't have any great self esteem but has very terrible self esteem and lacks character..

See as your brain is running on zero fuel! Is it part of your culture to sweep while there’s a guest in the room? Was his mum being respectful? Why did her son not collect the broom from his mum so he could help her? Or the culture does not pertain to him? Please, don’t even try to imagine how I’d behave if it was me.

2 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Sterope(f): 9:12am On May 30, 2019
How can it be innocent, is she 10?
Limitless72:

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Rilley(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2019
Preshy561:
Haa!! You are a very funny man.
She even lifted her legs and you are complaining? I will wait for her to lift my legs for me and then, when she's done sweeping the portion, she should bring it down too.

I'm meant to be pampered and petted as I'm gonna be the one to choose if I'm marrying their son or not, and also gonna be the one that's gonna choose if the family is hardworking and compatible enough for my liking.
You this ugly baboon
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Victorisoni3(m): 1:54pm On May 30, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Ama help them till their last breath ni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.