Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. (37475 Views)

Revive Us Oh God / Oh Lord Open Your Book Of Remembrance And Remember Me For Good / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Palehair: 4:43am On Jun 17, 2019
desvi:

is it ignorance or naivety or a combination of both to think that life was better and easier in the past?
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it like do people really prefer the crappy lives we all left behind?

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Palehair: 4:44am On Jun 17, 2019
morality is not the cause of your frustration
Nah, it's certainly the cause of the OP's frustration
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Palehair: 4:48am On Jun 17, 2019
safarigirl:

Society is still dictating to people and telling them who they are, society has just changed requirements and widened the scope of judges.

Today, society is dictating that virginity is outdated and acceptance is only based on your willingness to have sex out of wedlock. Society is telling you if you aren't clubbing and smoking, then you aren't living life. Society is telling you that being a babymama is fine, and people should not be held accountable for their actions.

Today, society is glorifiying criminality because the government and politicians have made things 'difficult'. Today, society is telling women the skimpier the clothes and the lighter their shades, then the easier they can be accepted. Society is telling women that theie bodies are ugly and they need to constantly change it for the approval of men, society is spreading the belief that old age is unnatural, that every sign of aging is like a disease that must be cured by surgery or 'skin care'. Society is telling women that their vaginas are more important than their brains, and telling men that you don't need to be a human being, as long as you have money.

Society is selling depression in large doses.People are feeling sad, people feel unwanted, people feel pressured to be who they are not, to please people who don't care about them. Yes, this generation is having such a great time with civilization. Peep the suicide figures for a greater appreciation of modernity
So instead of trying to move forward, your solution is to take us a 100 years back? Like it or not each era has it's bittersweet moments and will always do
Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by safarigirl(f): 6:20am On Jun 17, 2019
Palehair:

So instead of trying to move forward, your solution is to take us a 100 years back? Like it or not each era has it's bittersweet moments and will always do
you can find other examples with which to prove youe point, positive examples. The instances you gave have not differed, or are men not still trying to tell women what to do with their bodies? I'm sure you've heard of the anti-abortion laws being created in USA, how does that differ from what obtained in the past? Are majority legislators not men?

I'm just telling you, things aren't as rosy as you made them out to see, many of those things persist and some have even worsened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by MightyFortress: 9:07am On Jun 17, 2019
safarigirl:

Am I really choosing, if my choice is made under duress? Am I really choosing, if my choice is borne out of a need to be accepted by people? Is that free will?

Do you know how many womem have been pressured into losing their virginities because all their friends are doing it? Do you know how many people feel disgusted with themselves for giving themselves away like that?

What is your definition of free will? Because a lot of you do not understand the psychological undertones in these things. When your mind has been enslaved, you do not have free will. Free will is a farce in today's world.

Deep.

1 Like

Re: Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. by Palehair: 2:49am On Jun 18, 2019
safarigirl:
you can find other examples with which to prove youe point, positive examples. The instances you gave have not differed, or are men not still trying to tell women what to do with their bodies? I'm sure you've heard of the anti-abortion laws being created in USA, how does that differ from what obtained in the past? Are majority legislators not men?

I'm just telling you, things aren't as rosy as you made them out to see, many of those things persist and some have even worsened.
At least it's better than the past, i don't know about you but I love this generation with passion, yes there are flaws but that's life, it's not supposed to be rosy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Fulani Christian Shares His Challenges After Accepting Christ / Taiwo Odukoya's Twin Sister, Kehinde Dies Weeks After His Wife's Death / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.