Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home (36168 Views)

Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry / PRESTIGE 7 SOLUTIONS-(P7S) Why not rather send us! / Amazon To Spend More Than $700M On Training For About A Third Of Its US Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by kernel01: 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
Basher8583:

Keep standing with Trump till failure is imminent. Trump knows nothing about diplomacy. The tech business is a round Bonin. Ie what goes around comes around. It will inadvertently affect the US Economy and it has already started.

Many companies in US are in business becos of competitive product prices leveraged on cheap and skilled labour in China. Once those companies are expelled they might migrate to India that has a fair population but not technically skilled. Cost of building facility and mostly training will bleed them to death.
China already has the technically skilled labour so it's hire and work worst case limited training.
I hope this hole is a hole US is ready to enter.

I also remember a time US NSA called all antivirus companies and provided them with the digital signature of several spywares to be whitelisted in thier antivirus software. It was only Kerspesky that refused. Thus you wanna stay safe, please use Kerspesky anti virus

The fight isn't just all about tech alone, if you know. Nobody will continue doing business with anybody who makes over $370 billion on your head every year. If you don't know read.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by LarryBee1k: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by LarryBee1k: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Basher8583: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
kernel01:

The fight isn't just all about tech alone, if you know. Nobody will continue doing business with anybody who makes over $370 billion on your head every year. If you don't know read.
And whose fault.

Back in the days when Americans built big a fuel inefficient cars to its citizen they thought they were building great cars until the Japanese came with reliable a fuel efficient cars edging them out if Thier own market. The workers in us car companies in Detroit were moving around, damaging any Japanese car in sight because they list Thier jobs due to low patronage of American cars.
But look at today... Are the Americans not making fuel efficient cars now?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by lanre316: 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
LarryBee1k:

This guy must be Chinese or frustrated African deported from America. Facebook, Twitter won't allow USA govt to spy on it citizens, the same goes to others companies in USA. If you're current, you will know about mark Zuckerberg trial

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by LarryBee1k: 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
TheWrita:
It's scary.The other day I finished talking to someone on another phone and almost immediately their name popped up on my Facebook as people I may know.
Mind you...
It was not the same phone and they are not in my contact.
Sometimes I want to deactivate and disconnect from all these social media.
It's scary!

Because you've given Facebook to access to your contacts. Smh. Remove the settings if you're not interested.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by dia4iam(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Damn shocked shocked

This is the dumbest comment I've ever read on this thread. I'm in pains embarassed
ok, just get over it if you can undecided.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by fasty: 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s not about licking anyone’s ass Huawei argues it is independent of the state yet the Chinese government is heavily invested in Huawei . It’s a technology giant and if a state especially China is involved that makes any country Huawei is operating in a target for state sponsored spying. China is notorious for that. Huawei has issues in Canada and Europe read newspapers it helps.

trust you know the media is misleading, most especially when you're selective reader...

ALL THE WAY FROM BEIJING...

I REST MY CASE
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by dia4iam(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Truth is that democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be. Countries are different, with different origins and situations and so they choose the system of government the suits them
ikr, this information is right there on google.
Anyway, not to go off point, the way I capture the situation is that communism (left) and democracy (right) are in an argument (have always been). Huawei happens to be the pawn either side is trying to use to get at the other, and You and I are mere onlookers trying to understand the situation. But as we watch, it is important to keep in mind that everything is fair in love and war, so nobody should cry me a river about the crookedness or hypocrisy of either side, since we all use what we have to get what we want. That understood, who do you think will be getting more points off this current power play, left or right?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by djon78(m): 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
VillagePipu:

This is why I said you should travel wide but na only Korea, Singapore and Taiwan you sabi.

In 2005, there was an earthquake in China. Before that time, there were series of tsunamis in Asia. That was America testing secret weapons that trigger seismic reaction and cause natural disasters. Go find out how many Chinese died that time. China is still far far behind, only ignorant people overestimate Chinese tech.

You are sitting in one shop in China saying Chinese youth are better than American youths. No wahala, you are correct sir.

Oh is that what your American education taught you? You are really ignorant

Go and read your secondary school geography!!
China and most Asian countries are sitting where earth template cross each other, called
Pacific ring of fire, which makes them prone to earthquake.
From Japan to Indonesia, to China to Philippines.

Don't come online and be spreading falsehood

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Topnotch1402(m): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
VillagePipu:

My dad studied in the US as far back as the 60s, 3 of my siblings are citizens of the US and you're telling me to come study in China?

Study what?

China ko, Guam ni
.....guy are you serious! you fit help me get invitation visa... been looking for opportunity to get there but all proves abortive..pleeease
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by kernel01: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
Basher8583:

And whose fault.

Back in the days when Americans built big a fuel inefficient cars to its citizen they thought they were building great cars until the Japanese came with reliable a fuel efficient cars edging them out if Thier own market. The workers in us car companies in Detroit were moving around, damaging any Japanese car in sight because they list Thier jobs due to low patronage of American cars.
But look at today... Are the Americans not making fuel efficient cars now?

If you think it's their fault, don't criticize them, let them sort their problems as it pleases them.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by dia4iam(m): 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
engrchykae:
china steals trade secrets but america steals both human and material resources especially in africa and middleeast.
america and europe successfully turned libya into an organ harvesting haven
Libya and the middle east were biting off more than they can chew (in terms of being too futuristic, making all the sensible policies and getting it right economically), and you expect US and allies to dey siddon look? I laff. Wait sef, how much is the size and population of libya that makes him/her feel (s)he is large enough to be great and prosperous? Did they swear for am for hin to be feeling ripe enough to dey shook mouth into world politics? abi was he drunk?
If not for the grace of God and the way naija quickly borrowed himself small sense, do you think the goal was not to completely bring Naija down when it started talking about developing nuclear energy whatever in the 70's?

You talked about Africa (the reason for this mention in the first place), the land of the most backward (read stupid) variety of humans, like Mugabe, ever known. If after opening her rotten orifices to the red-hot fukcing tool of the west, feels it is now the turn of the leftists like China to Bleep her over, then, all the best in that regard.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
dia4iam:
ikr, this information is right there on google.
Anyway, not to go off point, the way I capture the situation is that communism (left) and democracy (right) are in an argument (have always been). Huawei happens to be the pawn either side is trying to use to get at the other, and You and I are mere onlookers trying to understand the situation. But as we watch, it is important to keep in mind that everything is fair in love and war, so nobody should cry me a river about the crookedness or hypocrisy of either side, since we all use what we have to get what we want. That understood, who do you think will be getting more points off this current power play, left or right?
You're right, it's a game of the big boys. In the end, I believe China (Communism) will win. They'll be able to sway teh US in their favour. Trump is just being cocky, like he always is. When push comes to shove, the US has more to lose. Most of their big manufacturing firms have their production plant in China
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by dia4iam(m): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

You're right, it's a game of the big boys. In the end, I believe China (Communism) will win. They'll be able to sway teh US in their favour. Trump is just being cocky, like he always is. When push comes to shove, the US has more to lose. Most of their big manufacturing firms have their production plant in China
Well, I don't know much about cocky, but I feel this Trump guy is making the right moves to right the disservice done the US by that kenyan fool who feels the US just has to sit back and play fatherly role as it concerns brewing economies (like India, like even China), and not really compete because he believes the US was the factor that created the enabling environment for such drastic growth... Wherever he got his opium from though. undecided

In the end sha, the US will prevail, they always do.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by chukxie(m): 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mennn! This e-fight is super-exciting! The manner at the 'for' and 'against' are going for each other's jugular is intense, it's like Royal Rumble finale! I'm sipping on my 豆浆, and eating my 炒饭 by the sideline.. Come on 加油, guys! grin
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by aadoiza: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Every country steals intellectual property. Do you know that gunpowder was invented by the Chinese and stolen by the US? 5G was invented by Huawei, It's quite impressive, the Chinese copy US inventions and make them cheaper. that's how they've grown to the stage they're in. For years, China was built in the silk thread. Only they had the secret until it was stolen by the Byzantine Emperor and then the whole Asia started producing silk and China suffered. Tea was stolen from China. Opium was stolen too.
China is retro-engineering everything the west have, like the west retro-engineered everything China had a few centuries back. The earlier event shifted the global economic centre of gravity westwards. The former event is bringing it back eastwards.

You should understand that, whether you like it or not, the world economy is built on theft. Without it, we won't get to where we currently are
You are too blunt. Most of these guys could start calling you a conspiracy theorist.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
Budex40:

Its clearly stated in the Terms and conditions that they collect user data. The problem is that most of us dont read it, We just click "accept" and move on
Oga, we know that, but in the same terms and conditions they have no right to share it with 3rd parties. Why was Zuckerberg and facebook summoned by US senate for Data mining?

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by MissRaine69(f): 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
bigdot1759:
just sharap useless tech novice
Don't u know US use apple, Facebook, to spy?
One cannnot “sharap” when it comes to writing
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by hermesprogidy(m): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:

you don't have to go so low to be calling other people stupid... who are your parents.
That must be one very timid person in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by hermesprogidy(m): 3:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
Australia,Brazil,india,greenland and United States combined have more reserve than china...get Ur fact right..Brazil alone got half of Chinese reserve
I doubt Greenland is counted as a rare earth powerhouse. Outside Australia and U.S ( US has a miserly 1.4 million metric tons of reserve compared to China's 44million metric tons ) Rare earth mining in other countries is dominated by Chinese interests. They totally hold the world by the balls in terms of rare earth metals production.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2019
aadoiza:

You are too blunt. Most of these guys could start calling you a conspiracy theorist.
grin
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
dia4iam:
Well, I don't know much about cocky, but I feel this Trump guy is making the right moves to right the disservice done the US by that kenyan fool who feels the US just has to sit back and play fatherly role as it concerns brewing economies (like India, like even China), and not really compete because he believes the US was the factor that created the enabling environment for such drastic growth... Wherever he got his opium from though. undecided

In the end sha, the US will prevail, they always do.
Trumps policies are actually better than those of Obama. Trump is crazy though, but if the war-mongering Hillary Clinton had won, by now we would be on the brink of a nuclear war
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Delivar(m): 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s not about licking anyone’s ass Huawei argues it is independent of the state yet the Chinese government is heavily invested in Huawei . It’s a technology giant and if a state especially China is involved that makes any country Huawei is operating in a target for state sponsored spying. China is notorious for that. Huawei has issues in Canada and Europe read newspapers it helps.
You think the U.S don't collect spy data from American tech companies? The U.S was actually caught wire tapping the German Chancellor's phone line. It's all pot calling kettle black. Whatever the U.S does is good but when other countries do it it becomes bad.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Delivar(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
They have loads of evidence, they just won't show you. Chinese spying is been going on for years , there has just been no U.S. President with enough balls to stand up to China until now. Do you know that Google don't operate in China for years now ? They said its for security reasons. China steals trade secrets, it's no news.
U.S no dey spy? They are actually the global chief spy.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Hakeem3(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

What religious undertone does below comment have?

Simply because of his moniker, you have shown how much of a religious bigot, stinking hater and hypocrite that you. The exact same thing you another stvpid fellow like you said against me earlier.

Who is dis one Go and Argue with your elder brother at home undecided
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by EdiAbali: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
piagetskinner:
Hmmm ... this Cold War going on between US and China

Meanwhile come and buy freshly shipped, custom skin iPhone 6
64gb. & IPhone 6 Plus

Call 07068504404 for price

Please return those phones to the owners
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by EdiAbali: 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Do you guys forget your brains when you read news which involves USA and American firms? China simply asked these companies to store the data of Chinese citizens in China and they didn't agree because they want to steal Chinese data and send to Washington like they do elsewhere but China is to blame for that. How ridiculous and brainwashed are some of you sef?

Why should facebook store their data in China, did the US ask China to store the data of their Wechat or Alibaba in the US?

How many countries have asked China to store their data in their countries?

China have been undermining the US for long, today the US said enough.

China banned more than 50 US websites and want them all to build their data base in China.
Other countries will do the same naa
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by EdiAbali: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
lanre316:

They have proven many times in the past that Chinese phones sends user data to Chinese servers. Huawei manufacturers phones and many other equipment that are of national security. Go figure.

Do your research and stop arguing with emotions but facts.

Same way China built headquarter of African Union in Ethiopia for free but added something that steal their data and sent to Beigin
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Delivar(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
I see china collapsing... they rely on American than the other way round.

trump no get joy, he is just waiting for china to strike B4 giving them upper cut.

the more china tries to strike back,the more they hurt their own economy....the only way they can hurt America is through their rare earth elements... Australia is their alternative
Is America the only Chinese trading partner? Chinese trade with America is only 15% of the global Chinese trade with other countries. So China isn't collapsing anytime soon. American businesses also need access to the huge Chinese market. American businesses will be losing a lot of money without the Chinese market. Apple is an example facing losses as China reduces their purchase of iPhones.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Delivar:

Is America the only Chinese trading partner? Chinese trade with America is only 15% of the global Chinese trade with other countries. So China isn't collapsing anytime soon. American businesses also need access to the huge Chinese market. American businesses will be losing a lot of money without the Chinese market. Apple is an example facing losses as China reduces their purchase of iPhones.
chinese market is just 16 percent of apple's revenue....american's export to China is just 60 billion dollars and Chinese export to USA is 200 billion dollars...tell me,who will loose?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 / Wigwe: US Authorities Give Reason Helicopter Crashed / What Was Your Initial Seed Capital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.