Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home (36122 Views)

Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry / PRESTIGE 7 SOLUTIONS-(P7S) Why not rather send us! / Amazon To Spend More Than $700M On Training For About A Third Of Its US Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Banter1(m): 9:20am On Jun 01, 2019
deleyi20:
The God that did it for Oyo State will deliver Nigeria from the shackles of APC/Buhari/Tinubu...

ATIKU will get his mandate at the Supreme Court
Mitcheeeeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2019
jaxxy:

I agree us are not saint bt ur defending China like they are sm bunch of good guys. Haven’t u heard of the South China Sea dispute? Tiwan dispute? In world order them must be checks and balances. That’s how it works smoothly. An undemocratic country attaining too much power is dangerous for the world at large. If China gains to much upper hand do u know can happen even to we the vulnerable ones in Africa?

Let the us be, they are not perfect bt they are better than Russia or Iran or China ruling the world that’s for sure.

People hate us for their mistakes bt that’s the exposure u get for being the major world leader. Us works with the un so that’s a check for them In a way even though they have good international policies.

The Chinese are not good guys. I never said they were. Neither is the US, neither is Nigeria sef. I'm not even happy with what they're doing in Nigeria, but I blame our stupid leaders for that. Also, forget this democracy nonsense. It's a scam and something the has been using to destabilise countries. The US thrives on war, check their entire history. The Chinese influence is undeniable, they're the world's next economic superpower. Military too, with the rate they're going.
As for the South China sea disputes, I don't really know the underlying factors in that issue, I've not gone deep into it but I know well enough to take news from Western media with a pinch of salt. the US claims that China says the South China seas belong to them which is totally false. China claims the islands in the South China seas and 12nm of territorial waters surrounding the island (which is the normal thing). Of three vastness of the sea, you can sail anywhere but not within these 12nm. You can now see the hypocrisy of the US on this situation. The truth is that the US ships were using the opportunity to spy on Chinese military bases on the island

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2019
TheWrita:
It's scary.The other day I finished talking to someone on another phone and almost immediately their name popped up on my Facebook as people I may know.
Mind you...
It was not the same phone and they are not in my contact.
Sometimes I want to deactivate and disconnect from all these social media.
It's scary!
Lolz. You cant run and you can't hide. As long as you use any android device, you're being tracked even if you remove your SIM card and turn off GPS. everywhere you go, what you say (they use this one for voice typing, etc). Facebook is even small compared to what Google knows

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Lolz. You cant run and you can't hide. As long as you use any android device, you're being tracked even if you remove your SIM card and turn off GPS. everywhere you go, what you say (they use this one for voice typing, etc). Facebook is even small compared to what Google knows
What it means is that my phone is listening to me as I speak?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:46am On Jun 01, 2019
TheWrita:

What it means is that my phone is listening to me as I speak?
Usually. They also use it for Siri and Google Assistant.
Google Assistant listens and waits to hear you say "OK Google" and then give it an instruction
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2019
mofedamijo:

I beg you Sir, stop wasting your knowledge on kids on nairaland, 97% of them don't do research, 99% of them can't comprehend, i will refer them to listen to the likes of minister Farrakhan, even though i don't support some of his claims, the problem is that if one refers them to minister Farrakhan, they won't still be able to comprehend the wisdom n knowledge.....you spoke well my brother, libya learnt the hard way, syria, chile etc all learnt the hard way, since the day U.S spewed poo on the killing of kashoggi, and failed to sanction Saudi for their selfish interest, i completely gave up on America....
Lolz. You're right but the Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge". I don't want them to perish

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by martineverest(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

It's not about setting up a factory. It's to develop the technology for refining it. It'll take a minimum of 7 years for the US to develop a similar tech as they, and the rest of the world, has been depending on Chinese supplies without bothering to develop their own refining systems. In the 7 years that it'll take them, there'll be no manufacturing and without manufacturing, how're you going to develop those systems? We'll effectively go back to the bronze age. Also, mining rare earth metals is messy to the environment, most countries won't undertake that venture. It's never about cheap labour, though I admit the Chinese have cheap labour but they also have one of the highest populations of researchers
researchers that keep stealing intellectual property of other countries?....they have researchers and they still depend on technological innovations from Japanese,Korean, Taiwanese,American and European researchers?
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
both are spies...but have u forgotten that china banned Google, Facebook,Twitter, whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat,Wikipedia etc?

have u forgetten that china steals intellectual property of USA,European,Asian companies with paying royalties?
Every country steals. The US does it even better. It's a cat and mouse game
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by wiseone28: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2019
lanre316:

Except they develop their own OS and encourage developers to build apps for it. Cloning android OS won't work in the long run. Read up about how Google destroyed Cyanogenmod.

You think they can clone android OS just like that. I laugh in seven world power languages. LOLOLOL. Google will just edit some codes in future OS updates and enforce all developers to edit their app and make millions of such android app incompatible with the so-called Chinese clone and show them who is the boss. We shall see.
Google didn't destroy Cyanogenmod they shutdown themselves cos of internal problem
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Jokerman(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2019
All these rants doesn't stop the USA from being world number one....

China will still succumb sha ni grin
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2019
martineverest:
researchers that keep stealing intellectual property of other countries?....they have researchers and they still depend on technological innovations from Japanese,Korean, Taiwanese,American and European researchers?
Every country steals intellectual property. Do you know that gunpowder was invented by the Chinese and stolen by the US? 5G was invented by Huawei, It's quite impressive, the Chinese copy US inventions and make them cheaper. that's how they've grown to the stage they're in. For years, China was built in the silk thread. Only they had the secret until it was stolen by the Byzantine Emperor and then the whole Asia started producing silk and China suffered. Tea was stolen from China. Opium was stolen too.
China is retro-engineering everything the west have, like the west retro-engineered everything China had a few centuries back. The earlier event shifted the global economic centre of gravity westwards. The former event is bringing it back eastwards.

You should understand that, whether you like it or not, the world economy is built on theft. Without it, we won't get to where we currently are

4 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2019
ImageDoctor:

The same thing as USA, they also steal other people intellectual property. The deal is that they are envious of Chinese, and they over taking them in smart technology.

Very soon or before June 15, HAUWEI is laughing their own android operating system and similar play stores.

Tell me who is loosing here ?

There's nothing Trump can do to stop Chinese this time around.
This was a foolish move by Trump. I'm sure he was advised against it buy he's pompous. I like the Trump dude though

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by lanre316: 10:03am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
Only a caveman, who knows nothing about info tech hauls insult at people.

Don't waste your time with the boy.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by RTSC: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2019
Congo has a lot of rare earth metals, but they are a shitt hole and can never dream of benefiting from it.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

Back and forth with braindead like you is brain draining and i will allow you to continue wallowing in ignorance and gullibity. You earned it so you fully deserve it, wear it like a crown as a proud useless idiot that you are.
shut up already your stupidity stinks like rotten egg, go get some real education . It’s expensive though you can’t get it in the cave, you need to just crawl out for a change.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by lanre316: 10:06am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Every country steals intellectual property. Do you know that gunpowder was invented by the Chinese and stolen by the US? 5G was invented by Huawei, It's quite impressive, the Chinese copy US inventions and make them cheaper. that's how they've grown to the stage they're in. For years, China was built in the silk thread. Only they had the secret until it was stolen by the Byzantine Emperor and then the whole Asia started producing silk and China suffered. Tea was stolen from China. Opium was stolen too.
China is retro-engineering everything the west have, like the west retro-engineered everything China had a few centuries back. The earlier event shifted the global economic centre of gravity westwards. The former event is bringing it back eastwards.

You should understand that, whether you like it or not, the world economy is built on theft. Without it, we won't get to where we currently are

Nice!

Thanks for sharing this great insight.

God bless you sir.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2019
kernel01:

If you don't know ask. The trade deficit between was the mean reason. America sell goods and services worth $150 billion to China, while Chinese sell to them $500 billion worth of goods, they felt it was too much, and called the Chinese for negotiations to balance the trade deficit, but started playing the America.

After some time, America increased tariffs on Chinese goods. Secondly, didn't allow Google, Facebook, Twitter as well as Whatsapp.
Trump invited China to a trade meeting several times but changed the terms of the agreement during the meeting to favour the US. In effect, the US want it to favour them at the detriment of China. What the Chinese officials do is to tell Trump that they'll have to think about it, they go home, and they never bring it up again. Trump will then announce to the American people that he has brought a great deal that'll favour the American people and everyone will be happy. The Chinese will just keep it aside and the US will call for another talk. It's a crazy cycle

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2019
lanre316:

Nice!
Thanks for sharing this great insight.
God bless you sir.
You're welcome boss. God bless us all
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 01, 2019
lanre316:

Don't waste your time with the boy.
Seriously, he needs to pass his high school diploma exams first.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2019
dandollaz:

Chinese gift is equal the gift of Satan. The are holding Africa to ransom,in nearest future they will enslave us finally. America is trying to checkmate there excesses. If you have done any job with Chinese you will know they are very mean to business. They will never do business they can't profit 200℅.
The Chinese and the Americans both give Greek gifts. The US has held the world to ransome with their gifts of democracy, which they usually use as an excuse for war. Their country thrives on war to sell their weapons at exorbitant prices. As for the Chinese, our leaders don't know they're selling us into slavery by all these borrowings. I pity the future generation
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by SoNature(m): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:

Watch a tv network the have fair and square debate about politics, not CNN

U are paying attention to the network not the message
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:15am On Jun 01, 2019
Omon605:

Are you serious about this your statement? You know where the biggest players in the I T industries come from? Outside Apple they are all from Asia. Samsung, Sony, LG, HUAWEI etc they are all from Asia
The craziest part is that Apple itself is a US company but most (almost all) of their components are produced by other companies. Even their screens are produced by Samsung. The major thing Apple handles is the marketing and publicity
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Sinach0191(m): 10:15am On Jun 01, 2019
Who's gonna win this
China or US
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by EvilMetahuman: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
They have loads of evidence, they just won't show you. Chinese spying is been going on for years , there has just been no U.S. President with enough balls to stand up to China until now. Do you know that Google don't operate in China for years now ? They said its for security reasons. China steals trade secrets, it's no news.
same way they had evidence that iraq and saddam have a lot of weapon of mass destruction right?

We are still waiting for the weapons.

All these american asslickers self.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2019
Studyinchina200:
They made you guys think America is the best country in the world.

I don’t blame you,have been to France ,Germany ,South Korea ,Singapore ,Thailand and more.

I don’t have time for people typing behind their phone keypad smh.

Am done tagging you.
An American friend of mine got married to a lady from Poland. They moved to Poland and he swore to me that he's never going back to the US.
same thing with many other Americans who left
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Rilley(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2019
Hauwai is still better than that useless pieces of crap IPhone cheesy

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2019
ponziponzi:

America and the rest of the West have no clue what they can do to stop China. They have no answer to rapid rise of China and it scares them.

This has become a complicated question for Western countries to answer in recent years, and the source of much angst as they cling to archaic views rooted in an imperial past. Because China failed to develop along the Western model, it is seen in Western capitals with worry, if not outright fear.

"For example, the United States’ recent decision to effectively ban Chinese telecommunications company Huawei epitomizes their deep-rooted fear. Another was the statement by a senior official of the State Department, Kiron Skinner, that for the first time the United States is being challenged by a “different civilization” and one that is “not Caucasian.”

History has taught us that there is an end to every "world power", Ancient Greece, Persian, Rome, British, etc. Just look at statistics below, the rise of China is inevitable.
Spot on

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Guest14(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2019
Good move from Huawei. Somebody has to say no to the US imperialism
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ZinoFasisi: 10:18am On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

China never banned American companies, they asked them to store Chinese data in China. How is that difficult for people to understand? Don't Apple sell phones in China? Aren't Microsoft servers and services working in China ? China is protecting Chinese data from the spying eyes of USA. Simple

And us is doing the same. ojoro cancel
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2019
SoNature:

U are paying attention to the network not the message
I get you, just that they have preached so much lies in favor of Democrats that you begin to wonder who’s fair or not in that network.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by kernel01: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

Trump invited China to a trade meeting several times but changed the terms of the agreement during the meeting to favour the US. In effect, the US want it to favour them at the detriment of China. What the Chinese officials do is to tell Trump that they'll have to think about it, they go home, and they never bring it up again. Trump will then announce to the American people that he has brought a great deal that'll favour the American people and everyone will be happy. The Chinese will just keep it aside and the US will call for another talk. It's a crazy cycle

Excuse me Sir... Are you saying America deserve running trade deficit? He was elected to bargain better deals for Americans. Chinese are the worst set of people, go to Ogun state you will see how they dignify their dogs more than an average Nigerian.

No nation takes that.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:22am On Jun 01, 2019
kernel01:

Excuse me Sir... Are you saying America deserve running trade deficit? He was elected to bargain better deals for Americans. Chinese are the worst set of people, go to Ogun state you will see how they dignify their dogs more than an average Nigerian.

No nation takes that.
They don't need to run a trade deficit, but as you said, every country tries to bargain a better deal for their people. The deals the US brings to the Chinese won't favour the Chinese people and so the Chinese dumps it.
I hate the way the Chinese people treat Nigerians. I prefer working with Europeans and Americans. We in Nigeria need to have a sense of national pride and not allow them use us like slaves. Our government isn't helping matters too, they keep borrowing and selling us to the Chinese.
It's pathetic

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Emeka Offor At Ifeanyi Ubah FC And Enyimba Of Aba Match (Photos) / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 / Femi Otedola's $350 Million Investment In Geregu Power, Commitment To FG’s Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.