Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle (26840 Views)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Ayokunle Abiodun: "A Mad Man Was Healed In Ondo Through Me" (Photos) / CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle Asks Buhari To Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by fergie001: 9:43am On Jun 02, 2019
ADVOCATES for Freedom and Democracy (AFD), a coalition of 63 Christian fellowships and groups of professionals bonded with the vision to address anti-Christian and undemocratic agenda in Nigeria is poised to throw a spanner in the wheel of CAN president, Rev. Samson Olasupo Ayokunle’s ambition for re-election.

In a letter titled: Christianity endangered in Nigeria: The need to reposition the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) soliciting support of members of National Executive Council of CAN who will decide who becomes the next CAN president, the group argued that Rev. Ayokunle does not deserve a re-election.

The letter signed by Prof. Kontein Trinya, Prof Joshua Ojo and Barr Isaac Eze on behalf of the group stated that the “Church in Nigeria in our day is confronted with an existential threat from Islamists emboldened by foreign governments and their local collaborators in high and low places.

“Daily, we are inundated with very saddening news of the abduction of priests and Christian traditional leaders, forced conversions, Christian girls being forcefully ‘married’ off to Islamists, Christian villages being overrun and resettled by jihadists, massacres at educational institutions, etc., all of which appears to be swelling to the eventual Armageddon, unless someone rises soon.

“Against that painful background is the never-before assignment of only Muslims of a particular northern extraction to head virtually every arms-bearing security agency in Nigeria; a pattern that has been replicated in every other strategic agency, for example, the education sector. The only exception in that sector is the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board where the Moslem head is from the south-west, but who is also the Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs.

“During his visit to Aso Rock in November last year, the Rev Dr Dachollom Chumang Datiri of the Church of Christ in Nations (COCIN) presented a gruesome report to President Mohammadu Buhari, of horrendous persecutions and terrors deliberately targeted at the Church; hundreds being killed and displaced without mention in the press. Christians in Nigeria have become an endangered species. This is certainly a time of war, as our opponents themselves have declared, although there are those who still insist on the gross denial. That brings us to the focus of this letter.

Between Solomon and Jephthah

Every season calls for its peculiar leadership. Excellent peace-time leaders do not always make effective war generals. Winston Churchill was a great war time leader; a prominence that might have been diminished if he had been leading in calmer times. God knew why He raised David when He did, and Solomon not in the days of the wars of David. That was also the wisdom of the elders of Gilead in Israel. They had the numbers, they had the arms, but they needed the weapon of right leader at a time of war, even if they had to go far to fetch that prepared person (Judges 11:4-6).

While we suggest that the contributions of the current leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) be recognized, given the tempestuous season, it is our persuasion that the Church in Nigeria has found itself where the wise elders in Gilead once stood.

The office of the President is obviously the most critical among the national offices. In her wisdom, the National Executive Committee of CAN at its last exercise, has already cleared two candidates for the office. We wish to suggest for your prayerful consideration, that instead of a contentious election that will make us even more vulnerable to the forces of darkness threatening to devour the Church in Nigeria, Dr Caleb Solomon Ahima be presented as consensus candidate.

Especially coming from the persecuted regions of the Church in this season of war, we are persuaded that he feels the pinch enough to lead in the present confrontations against those opposing forces. This will also be charitable to his TEKAN/ECWA bloc which is yet to produce a CAN president in the 43 years of existence of the Association. A fresh hand would be a great leadership asset in the present threats against the Church in Nigeria.

Conclusion

We thank you immensely for taking time to go through this letter. We trust your prompt response to our humble call, that we don’t miss this critical opportunity to reposition the Church and effectively mobilize against the forces of Hell that desperately seek to destroy us and our heritage. We plead with members of the National Council of CAN to kindly appreciate the significance of this period in enforcing the will of God on earth.

May it not be said of anyone, like Esau, that they sold their destiny for temporary food, waking up thereafter in tears, but too late to regain the treasure they had traded off (Heb. 12:16-17). History, and more importantly, Heaven, waits to witness our response; yours. We thank you for your kind attention, and may Heaven depend on you. Amen

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/63-christian-groups-reject-ayokunle-as-can-president/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by statistics1(m): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2019
Nigeria religion God help us embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by AllenSpencer: 9:52am On Jun 02, 2019
grin grin grin

.CAN is a political party

Money must be made

Oritsejafor was the luckiest. That guy milked the soul of GEJ.

All this ones can't make Shishi from the present administration

They can't even make heaven in the first place

135 Likes 14 Shares

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Masterppower: 10:00am On Jun 02, 2019
The man has been islamized and needs to be removed from there asap.

Can is in its worst shape now since inception

10 Likes

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2019
We Christians are amazing.
It will shock you that it's the holy spirit that told one group to reject and another to accept

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by amaniro: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2019
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Money must be made

Shut up. Mind your business you Muslim. Christians can't comment in Muslim topic but Muslims can comment in Christian topic. Nonsense.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by fergie001: 10:28am On Jun 02, 2019
amaniro:

Shut up. Mind your business you Muslim. Christians can't comment in Muslim topic but Muslims can comment in Christian topic. Nonsense.

Cc: Seun

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by EternalBeing: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2019
Happy Sunday. Paying monetary tithe is not the most important: https://www.nairaland.com/5208838/paying-tithe-time-more-important

2 Likes

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Aiyk2333: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2019
u can't even differentiate between church politics and that of the secular

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by jeff1607(m): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2019
was thinking the face of God would be seeked in choosing their next president, abi don't they serve the same God?

9 Likes

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Pavore9: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Yawns.

1 Like

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2019
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Money must be made

Chai!!! U won't kill somebody with laughter o.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by monaPhilz: 11:13am On Jun 02, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Money must be made

you dey vex oo

14 Likes

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by NEIGHBOUR(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2019
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Money must be made

Chai!!! U won't kill somebody with laughter o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Elslim: 11:13am On Jun 02, 2019
Ghen ghen

1 Like

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by martineverest(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2019
CAN has lost it completely.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by FactBoyz: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2019
H
Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Olukat(m): 11:18am On Jun 02, 2019
amaniro:

cool cool I wonder why I have to take an oath before commenting on Islamic issues while Christian tread is open for all.
I find it disturbing and worrisome too... Is Nairaland an Islamic platform?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Tableturns:
Good morning my people. I just need help from anyone. For me to do this it took a lot of courage, I had to make a new moniker because I am kind of popular here to my friends with my other moniker. Am not gonna lie that I wanna pay for my rent Nah. my rent won't expire till April of next year or lie that I am in school and need money for a project. what I just need is just 1k to fill my gas cylinder and 1k to get a small food stuff and maybe another 1k to get pure water and my soap and toothpaste. See ehh people this life is funny, I have never done this and pray no one that has money now ever goes crashing down to do this. Till the 17 of April this year I still had more than a million naira of my sweat in my account. I decided to collect an apartment, so I did and furnished it and got some new stuffs and I did all of that with like 600k and I decided instead of the remaining 550k to be in the account just wasting away there I should get a Keke napep for someone to ride for me and pay me weekly so he too can get something to take to his family knowing how hard naija is now. I got the Keke on the 26 of April I think and my people on the 29 of April the Keke was stolen from out of my new apartment when I haven't even given it out for someone to ride for me. So I went from having over a million naira to having zero naira in my bank account. God knows I am extremely generous, I know I am extremely generous, my girlfriend would tell me I can remove my eyes and give to people that's how my generosity infuriated her. I loved seeing people smile, every Tuesday I did a give away on my WhatsApp just for those that are broke. Now the table has turned and it seems the world has turned against me. My mom is dead if not haba at least I won't be broke to be this hungry na. My data is less than 50 mb right now, I haven't had a meal since Friday night, I was cooking yesterday morning and my gas got finished, I haven't drank water since yesterday morning because my pure water is finished. My man I no be scam oo na just life turn for me. Every single night in the month of May I slept with tears in my eyes, getting depressed gradually and now wey sniper just the trend stupid devil dey tell me to drink am end everything. Lol but He doesn't know I am a warrior that can't get defeated easily But to be sincere I am getting weaker by the day and my strength is failing me even though I try to hide it with a smile. Please don't abuse me if you can't help me please because Right now my mind is so fragile that I can't take an abuse or insult rather just pray for me. I am sorry for doing this, I hate that I am doing this but all my friends have abandoned me,( a lesson I have learnt that no one is really your friend but they are your friends because of what they can get from you) I smile when I go out so people don't see my pain but deep down I am in severe pain because Less than 6 weeks ago I had enough to eat and give to my neighbors but now I haven't eaten for 2 days. I would deactivate this new account by 12pm as I created it just for this purpose. Weather i get a naira or note from here it wont change my plan of deactivating the account by 12. I no say I no go die no matter what. Just say a prayer for me instead of an abuse please. Have a lovely day my people and please I am so sorry for doing this. And if you decide to help me my account is 3069939722 first bank. Even 1k is enough for me
Abeg say na Article or Essay writing b this one ni or na project topic?. Nawa o...... still dey add comedy join again to make everything tragic comedy.

8 Likes

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by ednut1(m): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Religion
Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Ayoefa: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Criminal Association of Nigeria - CAN. If you know you know. Enough said.

10 Likes

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by Georgetlm: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2019
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Money must be made

When will you people stop this misguided comments?

3 Likes

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by 77up(m): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2019
amaniro:

Visit Religion section or follow Friday thread then come back and edit your post.

Speak for yourself if you don't do that , thank God I have no business in what doesn't concerns me also .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Presidency: Sixty-three Christian Groups Reject Rev. Ayokunle by mytime24(f): 11:24am On Jun 02, 2019
Happy sunday cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor’s Conference With Benny Hinn And Oyakhilome: Highlights (Photos) / Lucifer Is Fallen And Doomed! So Are Satanists/atheist On Nairaland & Beyond!! / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.