Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,449 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? (5054 Views)

24yr Old Virgin Reveals Why She Keeps Turning Down Suitors / Married Female Soldier Elopes With Neighbour's 24yr Old Son / 24yr old Model With Biggest Butt Implant Set For Guinness Book Of Records (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Jbleenk: 11:11am On Jun 04, 2019
Personally I think there’s nothing generally acceptable as right or wrong, it depends on perspective and right, wrong varies from place to place.

However, what’s the general societal outlook to getting married to a girl almost two times a guy’s age?

I’m 42yrs old, I met a girl I’d love to settle with, but, upon getting to know she’s 24yrs old, I got skeptical.

Can you get married to someone two times your age? I need advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 04, 2019
Perfectly okay.

As long as she’s also willing to spend the rest of her life with you.

Old wine is fine wine.

6 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Jbleenk: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2019
mrAMG2:
Perfectly okay.

As long as she’s also willing to spend the rest of her life with you.

Old wine is fine wine.

Thanks bro!!! I’m giving it a real deep thought
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Davash222(m): 11:27am On Jun 04, 2019
42 is still considerable but please don’t hurt that innocent girl.
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Jbleenk:

No need to overthink it. Just go for it, if she’s cool with it then the rest will be history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by SageMK: 11:38am On Jun 04, 2019
The age difference is just too big.

The probability of finding it difficult to relate on the same level is big possibility. Also at that age of 42, how do you plan on keeping up with her sexual demands?

8 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 04, 2019
SageMK:
The age difference is just too big.

The probability of finding it difficult to relate on the same level is big possibility. Also at that age of 42, how do you plan on keeping up with her sexual demands?

Why is their sexual satisfaction your problem?

11 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by PrinzCarter(m): 11:47am On Jun 04, 2019
42 twist of fate 24 , issorite continue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by frbona: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2019
This thread should reach the promised land grin
*parks vehicle*

1 Like

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by SageMK: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
mrAMG2:

Why is their sexual satisfaction your problem?

How is it my problem?

The OP is asking for public opinion and I gave him mine.
Besides, I made two points yet you decided to pick this one — Why?! It's obvious you enjoy typing nonsense.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Deepfeel(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Jbleenk:
Personally I think there’s nothing generally acceptable as right or wrong, it depends on perspective and right, wrong varies from place to place.

However, what’s the general societal outlook to getting married to a girl almost two times a guy’s age?

I’m 42yrs old, I met a girl I’d love to settle with, but, upon getting to know she’s 24yrs old, I got skeptical.

How compatible are you two, i mean compatibility in reasoning, maturity, likes and dislikes etc if the compatibility is ok, then age doesn't matter, not this one that your lifestyle Will be of youths of the 20th century and she 21th century

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by spiceadole: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
Are you rich?
If you are,no problem..carry on.
If you are not..sorry for you
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
SageMK:

How is it my problem?

The OP is asking for public opinion and I gave him mine.
Besides, I made two points yet you decided to pick this one — Why?! It's obvious you enjoy typing nonsense.

Simple question and foolish nlanders will turn it to fight.

You clearly have a myopic way of thinking.

Maybe the way I asked the question sounded harsh; if that’s the case sorry.

You say the age gap is much, i let that slide because I know how nigerians are sentimental about age and things that come with it. Regardless, even if he’s 60 and healthy, he can still shoot.

A lady that can relate and bond with someone almost twice her age shows her level of maturity and intelligence. Permit me to say that some men in her age bracket might find her overwhelming

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by MasonKendall(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
Mathematically since it will be almost 2:1 no problem grin
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by SageMK: 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
mrAMG2:

Simple question and foolish nlanders will turn it to fight.
You clearly have a myopic way of thinking. Maybe the way I asked the question sounded harsh; if that’s the case sorry.

Read what you wrote up here and tell me if you don't delight in typing nonsense. Your apology isn't required.

You say the age gap is much, i let that slide because I know how Nigerians are sentimental about age and things that come with it.

24years isn't 24hours.

The age gap is too much. Only 0.3% of married couples fall within this range of age disparity world wide. So it's not a Nigerian thing to be sentimental about age.

Regardless, even if he’s 60 and healthy, he can still shoot.

I only highlighted the sexual challenge that lies ahead.

A lady that can relate and bond with someone almost twice her age shows her level of maturity and intelligence.

Wrong.

It's easy to interact and bond with people if you have something in common. It's doesn't portray in any way that she's intelligent or matured. Just common interest.

2 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by StrikeBack(m): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Under bridge wa ooo

Oga drop me keep change.

Back to Topic.

The most important thing is to find someone you love.
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
She is an adult, as a matter of fact, for your skepticism, she should NOT marry you because you don't need the approval of the public to marry an adult.

4 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by nzeobi(m): 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2019
marry her but make sure you can tolerate her character.

1 Like

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by aanuoluwami14(f): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
It's ok if you will not hurt the lady
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by dingbang(m): 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
You are dating your daughter
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Joystark(f): 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by gulfer: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Jbleenk:

So wetin make we talk about NWOKO and REGINA angry angry angry
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by OluBendel: 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
Dude it's very much okay, the lady at 24 is matured and at about the ideal age for marriage while you a 42 I believe you are at an age where maturity counts for you and can assume full responsibilities of a family. Go ahead and put it to prayers, it will work out fine!

4 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by maak400: 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
My pal is in a similar situation, he’s 36 years while the girl is 24years. Is it cool?
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by engrelvis(m): 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
Jbleenk:

if u dnt v money n d girl meet yr standard pls grab quickly before she changes her mind!
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by bomasek(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
maak400:
My pal is in a similar situation, he’s 36 years while the girl is 24years. Is it cool?
I'm sure u r the one,go ahead. U v my blessings

3 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Westsida: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
The thing get as e be sha, probz fit no dey now, nah when you reach 60+ some kind things fit dey evolve! The thing nah nature of life, but we humans do bank too much on love. There was a time I run a practical test on nature, using Fowl & Goat. I observed it’s always very easy for a young male goat to hit on old female goat but it’s not always easy for an old male goat to hit on young female goat! The young female goats are somehow always feeling kind of disgusted, making it kinda stressful for the old male goat! Sometimes it leads to a ruff ride! I observed diff animals while walking. I noticed they always prefer to walk together with em level. You’ll see the young ones together & the older ones together. Like that like that. So nah nature of life, to move & roll with your level! What if you reach 60/70 and she’s not so much into you? I mean what if she’s not able to fantasize about you anymore? Then people would start judging her forgetting we are born to live in a certain way.........But who knows? It’s a funny life & love sure conquers all. I wish ya the best of luck.

6 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by shedy03(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
Jbleenk:

I will not bring such a matured mind demanding issue to a forum full of teens an immature minds.

1 Like

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by frbona: 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2019
[s]
shedy03:

I will not bring such a matured mind demanding issue to a forum full of teens an immature minds.
[/s]oga he said he needed advice
If you don't have it, kuku close the thread and walk away!!!
Wetin u form sef?!?
Who you mature pass!!! angry
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by Safiaa(f): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Nigerian men and their love for younger women sha. That’s how my uncle who is in his 50s is chasing after a 23 year old. Some of you are just perverted let’s just face the truth.

2 Likes

Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by stormborn28(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
dingbang:
You are dating your daughter
so a different of 18years has become a daughter? Kai... Nairaland needs deliverance for some people.
Re: 42yr Old Getting Married To A 24yr old Girl, Is It Alright? by stormborn28(m): 6:55pm On Jun 04, 2019
Safiaa:
Nigerian men and their love for younger women sha. That’s how my uncle who is in his 50s is chasing after a 23 year old. Some of you are just perverted let’s just face the truth.
shut up... Pervert ko.. Puberty ni.... I wonder what keeps girls form marrying early... There is still time and shakara na e dey kill some of u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: Broke Guys Uses The Love Idea To Have Free Sex. / I'm 37 While She's Just 14, Will Our Relationship Last? / Caption What This Lady Is Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.