Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1359124 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2019
Godson1988:
good morning all,pls I need someone to put me through as regards doing master in Canada ,counselling psychology to be precise and possible funding.thanks.
Come here https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/119 and read the first page of the thread
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chibertha(f): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2019
Thank you very much.
What is written there is just GRE, when I tried to register I started seeing things such as General, physics etc
Since it is not specified I presume it is general then.

Stevenssen:

check the department website for the requirement.
But most of them require the general test

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 360gospelvibes: 10:35am On Jul 11, 2019
Most schools require general...

chibertha:
Thank you very much.
What is written there is just GRE, when I tried to register I started seeing things such as General, physics etc
Since it is not specified I presume it is general then.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tiptoe1: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2019
Scott200:

Yes u can, pls do that asap with your DS160 application number and visa fee payment. Earliest date in abuja for previously refused is August 26th. I don't know about Lagos.

August 27 is the earliest available in Lagos. August 1st is already opened in abuja. You guys should quickly take the spot before it gets taken

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sherlock5577: 10:54am On Jul 11, 2019
chibertha:
Good morning all I hope we are doing well.
Please which GRE test is requested for by US institutions for masters?
Is it general or subject-specific eg chemistry, physics etc

Thank you very much for your response.
Contact the program's graduate coordinator for more specifics.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Prollins: 11:28am On Jul 11, 2019
Interview: July 11
No funding
Window 3

Vo: What are you going for?
Masters degree in information technology in North Carolina a&t university
Vo: How many schools and name?
2. North Carolina a&t and Texas a&m kingsville
Vo: Why the school?
Apart from the fact that the school is one of top and largest Hbcu in the country. They have two research center that are key to cybersecurity. Center of identity science and center of cyberdefense that has a 20 year partnership with the NSA.
Vo: How do you want to fight cybercrime?
I'd be learning about advanced encryption, handshake protocols that is used in whatsapp and other messaging apps etc to protect information.
Vo: Why HBCU? (Wasn't expecting this question)
I liked what the school had to offer and I'd feel at home, lol
Vo: Sponsor?
Grandma
Vo: What does she do?
She's retired
Passes bank statement
Vo : I'd be keeping the bank statement to confirm validity, if it's false, you will be banned. I looked at him and smiled
Passes the white paper with administrative processing ticked.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:59am On Jul 11, 2019
Prollins:
No funding
Window 3

Apart from the fact that the school is one of top and largest Hbcu in the country. They have two research center that are key to cybersecurity. Center of identity science and center of cyberdefense that has a 20 year partnership with the NSA.
I'd be learning about advanced encryption, handshake protocols that is used in whatsapp and other messaging apps etc to protect information.
Grandma
She's retired
Passes bank statement
Vo : I'd be keeping the bank statement to confirm validity, if it's false, you will be banned. I looked at him and smiled
Passes the white paper with administrative processing ticked. God's favor spoke for me
Congratulations man
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tiptoe1: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
Prollins:
No funding
Window 3

Grandma
She's retired
Passes bank statement
Passes the white paper with administrative processing ticked. God's favor spoke for me

Congrats. Was it Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wizzyosi11: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
Davidkking:

Congratulations man
Were you given your passport back and was the small slip with "Congratulations on being approved a student visa given"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wizzyosi11: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Prollins:
No funding
Window 3

Grandma
She's retired
Passes bank statement

Were you given you passport back and was a small white slip with "congratulations on being approved for a student visa to the United States" given?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Prollins: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2019
Wizzyosi11:

Were you given you passport back and was a small white slip with "congratulations on being approved for a student visa to the United States" given?
I wasn't given my passport back
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wizzyosi11: 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
Prollins:

I wasn't given my passport back
How about the small white congratulatory slip
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mekurexx: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Summer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Prollins: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
Wizzyosi11:

How about the small white congratulatory slip

I was given the white slip

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2019
From my observations and transcripts I have read here, the VO already knows if they'll give you the Visa 90% of the time before you appear as you have already submitted enough info they will use to guage if you are a genuine applicant or otherwise.

10% of the time they set out to deny you, they give you a chance to convince them that you deserve to be given a chance

All those prayer and fasting and grace found me talk is pure bullsh*t. Europeans and citizens of 1st world countries dont do that if they have the right documents and a genuine reason to study in the US

Goodluck to everyone

smiley

Also,
Sharwama

Can I send a PM?
Need to ask a few questions
thank you

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by graduatestudent(f): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2019
Congratulations. Did she give you only the white paper with administrative processing ticked or she gave you another paper in addition to the AP letter?

Prollins:
No funding
Window 3

Grandma
She's retired
Passes bank statement
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2019
Prollins:
No funding
Window 3

Grandma
She's retired
Passes bank statement
Congratulations man
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
hustla:
From my observations and transcripts I have read here, the VO already knows if they'll give you the Visa 90% of the time before you appear as you have already submitted enough info they will use to guage if you are a genuine applicant or otherwise.

10% of the time they set out to deny you, they give you a chance to convince them that you deserve to be given a chance

All those prayer and fasting and grace found me talk is pure bullsh*t. Europeans and citizens of 1st world countries dont do that if they have the right documents and a genuine reason to study in the US

Goodluck to everyone

smiley

I agree with your points on adequate preparation but I must also add that God does work wonders especially when you have faith in God.On this thread we have seen VO approve VISA because the applicant used recycled papers for documents submitted to the VO.

We have also seen VO approve applicants that lost their train of thoughts but gave them a chance to get themselves in order.

So if you have faith in God it works.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
Pefuele:

I agree with your points on adequate preparation but I must also add that God does work wonders especially when you have faith in God.On this thread we have seen VO approve VISA because the applicant used recycled papers for documents submitted to the VO.

We have also seen VO approve applicants that lost their train of thoughts but gave them a chance to get themselves in order.

So if you have faith in God it works.

Do Asians say the same thing when applying for Visas?
Do Europeans fast when they apply for Visas to the US?
Do you know why South Africans are among the countries who can apply for TESOL jobs in China, Japan and other Asian countries with no restrictions?

Answer these 3 questions

Also, VOs aren't gods. They are like you and I, struggling to see reasons to vet and give visas to citizens of a poverty stricken country who want out of the hellhole.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Perra: 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
Please, I am trying to apply for an Associate degree program in US, and below is the requirements for people that don't hold a first degree already.

But I really need someone that understands better to clarify me, on the whole prerequisites stuff.

Is it that I need to find a school back him in Nigeria and register/write this courses then use it for my application? Or how?
?

Eligibility Requirements
Once the five (5) pre-requisites are completed, you may submit your application with the required documentation to the Nursing Administration Bldg T420.

Completion of the following SCIENCE PREREQUISITES with a combined G.P.A. of 2.5 with no grade less than "C" for each course and no more than one repetition for a substandard grade or withdrawal in any one of the 3 courses:
Human Anatomy (BIO210) – 4 semester units or equivalent
Human Physiology (BIO220) – 4 semester units or equivalent
Microbiology (BIO230) – 4 - 5 semester units or equivalent
Completion of the following PREREQUISITE with a grade of no less than “C”:
Composition and Reading (ENGL100) – 4 semester units or equivalent
Intermediate Algebra (MATH64) - 4 semester units or equivalent, or satisfaction of the MiraCosta College mathematics compentency requirement
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2019
hustla:

Do Asians say the same thing when applying for Visas?
Do Europeans fast when they apply for Visas to the US?
Do you know why South Africans are among the countries who can apply for TESOL jobs in China, Japan and other Asian countries with no restrictions?

Answer these 3 questions

Also, VOs aren't gods. They are like you and I, struggling to see reasons to vet and give visas to citizens of a poverty stricken country who want out of the hellhole.

Why do you feel that the only reason why someone wants to travel due to poverty stricken country........ People travel for many reasons and take different career path. Some Nigerians do return back after graduation and choose to build a life in Nigeria . That shows you not everyone is trying to want out of the hellhole you call Nigeria

Americans themselves dont they go to other countries to school ?. If Nigeria was so bad , do you think any Vo will accept to come and work and live in Nigeria. But they do so for different reasons or Maybe they cannot find a better job in their country meaning then they are not so great tongue . However the true reason there is a reason . The Hellhole you called has so many foreigners living in Nigeria even from these 1st world countries. How So?, if it is so bad

While i believe that God is a very busy person and Nigerians worry him over irrelevant stuff cheesy and dont truly live in godly ways but call God only for wants and needs...... For me make them carry go if it makes them feel better and doesnt hurt anyone . If you dont believe in God that fine , some believe in God and it works for them so hey let them carry on

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Why do you feel that the only reason why someone wants to travel due to poverty stricken country........ People travel for many reasons and take different career path. Some Nigerians do return back after graduation and choose to build a life in Nigeria . That shows you not everyone is trying to want out of the hellhole you call Nigeria

Americans themselves dont they go to other countries to school ?. If Nigeria was so bad , do you think any Vo will accept to come and work and live in Nigeria. But they do so for different reasons or Maybe they cannot find a better job in their country meaning then they are not so great tongue . However the true reason there is a reason . The Hellhole you called has so many foreigners living in Nigeria even from these 1st world countries. How So?, if it is so bad

While i believe that God is a very busy person and Nigerians worry him over irrelevant stuff cheesy and dont truly live in godly ways but call God only for wants and needs...... For me make them carry go if it makes them feel better and doesnt hurt anyone . If you dont believe in God that fine , some believe in God and it works for them so hey let them carry on

What are we discussing this early mornning ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Americans themselves dont they go to other countries to school ?. If Nigeria was so bad , do you think any Vo will accept to come and work and live in Nigeria. But they do so for different reasons or Maybe they cannot find a better job in their country meaning then they are not so great tongue . However the true reason there is a reason .

While i believe that God is a very busy person and Nigerians worry him over irrelevant stuff cheesy . For me make them carry go if it makes them feel better and doesnt hurt anyone . If you dont believe in God that fine , some believe in God and it works for them so hey let them carry on

While the bolded is true, we know the reality on ground. Most people just want better lives for themselves and Nigeria may nt be where to get that.
I remember when I went for my IELTS exam, I was shocked to see people older than 45 years coming for the test in Range Rovers and Prado Jeeps, obviously rich people

Hehehe, VOs may or may not be great but I am sure the US will take time to select qualified people to work at their embassies as they will be a reflection of their country in the long run

I believe in God but the Nigerian version of God annoys me. We go package fake documents go embassy, come nairaland come dey praise God dey shout grace, irks me. I hope one day we get things right in Nigeria and stop this over reliance on God, na we pray pass but na our country worse pass

May God 'safe' us

cheesy

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
hustla:

I believe in God but the Nigerian version of God annoys me. We go package fake documents go embassy, come nairaland come dey praise God dey shout grace, irks me.

cheesy

Even the bible predicted this ....... grin

neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Even the bible predicted this ....... grin

neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD

grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Prollins: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
graduatestudent:
Congratulations. Did she give you only the white paper with administrative processing ticked or she gave you another paper in addition to the AP letter?

Just the white slip with administrative processing ticked
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KingStefan(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
Congratulations
obama14:
Approved Transcript
July 8th. 8:00a.m.
I was interviewed by the white guy at window 2
The questions are in this order.

Me Good morning
V.O: Good morning, pass me your documents.
(I passed it)
V.O: you are going to Bowling Green, Ohio.
Me: Yes.
V.O: Are you married?
Me: No.
V.O: Do you have any children?
Me: No.
V.O: What are you going for
Me: I am going for a m.s in Biological Sciences.
V.O: I can see you have a scholarship that covers almost all your school expenses.
V.O: Was it given by the University?
V.O: Do you have your transcript?
Me: No, I didn't know that, it would be required.(I was also shaking my head)
V.O: What about your certificate?
Me: No. I didn't bring it.
V.O: Do you have any document that can show where you graduated from?
Me: No, I only have my admission letter and standardized tests results here.
V.O: Where did you finish from?
Me: Bleep
V.O: Why this program?
Me: I want to work as a cancer research scientist at one of the foremost research institute in Nigeria. This degree will give me the much needed technical skills and expertise such as: the ability to carry out independent research, design and analyse methodologies and write research and review papers and give me the qualification to apply for a research position when I return back to Nigeria.
V.O: What did you study?
Me: Biochemistry.
V.O: What's exactly is your specialty?
Me: I will be specializing in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the department of Biological Sciences at bgsu.
V.O: tell me more about your specialty?
Me: I want to apply the tools of biochemistry and molecular biology to study cancer. I will be looking at cell signaling. Cell signaling is required for cell growth and proliferation. (I also said a host of things, the V.O listened throughout)... I'll also be looking at signaling cascades that allow cells to respond to their environment. I rounded up with: I'll be working with a faculty: Prof Bleep, she is currently working on how the systems of tumor promoters PKC regulates filopodia which is crucial in the understanding of how cancerous cells metastasized and how cells respond to their environment. She will be my thesis advisor.
(Around the time, I was about saying that I will be working with a faculty, he was shaking his head throughout until I finished)
V.O: I'll be approving your visa... passes the white paper.
Me: Many thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KingStefan(m): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Go get it mehn! Congratulations.
What's the deficit?
Prollins:
No funding
Window 3

Grandma
She's retired
Passes bank statement
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
Stop with the religious arguments. Everyone should believe what makes them happy.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
hustla:

Most people just want better lives for themselves and Nigeria may nt be where to get that.

you don talk am finish na. wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.