Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357157 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
My sponsor got his statement directly from the bank with the stamp and all
At this point I Don’t know what to think or do cos school resumes very soon and my status was last updated on the day of my interview
TheNoble007:

Embassy can never find out. The only thing they can do is to ask indirectly if the account and the amount is legit. They can only send this through mail. That's why on a legit bank statement, you will see the banks contact email. Even at this, the bank will never reveal the account balance at that moment to the embassy. The embassy itself has no right to demand that. The only answer the bank will give, is either a YES or NO.

Another thing again is that it is advisable to go to the bank and generate a bank statement directly from them. This generated statement will bear the stamp of bank, and where it is situated. Online generation of bank statement, are not easily approved and confirmed by the bank when embassy seeks to know the legitimacy of the statement. So this is why some legit statements are under AP for a long time. How fast your status changes from AP to approved, depends on how fast your bank responds to the query of the embassy.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pragya2017: 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
August 26th is available in Abuja and it is one slot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sosao:
My sponsor got his statement directly from the bank with the stamp and all
At this point I Don’t know what to think or do cos school resumes very soon and my status was last updated on the day of my interview

As I said, it depends on how fast the bank responds to the query of the embassy. Worrying will not change anything..... Just be hopeful. I will say take a deep breathe and relax... It will end in praise...

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Yes after two months you can pick the regular option but no difference between regular and refused in the sense that if you can defend your new interview well. Tell your wife to contact her admissions officer if it is necessary.
Megagens:

Thanks bro.
What if I wait for about 2months after the first interview, will I be able to pick the “regular “option

Do I need an invitation letter from my wife’s school before going for the interview?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CHUUKKSS(m): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
I concur to what this bros said, collect bank statement directly from back so it contains the stamp and signature of some officials of the bank.
TheNoble007:

Embassy can never find out. The only thing they can do is to ask indirectly if the account and the amount is legit. They can only send this through mail. That's why on a legit bank statement, you will see the banks contact email. Even at this, the bank will never reveal the account balance at that moment to the embassy. The embassy itself has no right to demand that. The only answer the bank will give, is either a YES or NO.

Another thing again is that it is advisable to go to the bank and generate a bank statement directly from them. This generated statement will bear the stamp of bank, and where it is situated. Online generation of bank statement, are not easily approved and confirmed by the bank when embassy seeks to know the legitimacy of the statement. So this is why some legit statements are under AP for a long time. How fast your status changes from AP to approved, depends on how fast your bank responds to the query of the embassy.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by leospaceman: 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
I've been on AP since 8th July and I've finally stopped thinking about it and analysing it too much. It will come when it will come. The embassy called my sponsor's account manager on the 9th, then called my sponsor on the 10th. My last update is still 8th July.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
Same situation here, AP since the 9th July, i truly can't kill myself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
Thank you
TheNoble007:

As I said, it depends on how fast the bank responds to the query of the embassy. Worrying will not change anything..... Just be hopeful. I will say take a deep breathe and relax... It will end in praise...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by snip09: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Visa approved today, lagos consulate 8am
it was my first time, no gre, no funding of any sort, deficit was $35,521, sponsor (uncle different surname).
school (eastern Michigan university) for msc, I wasn't placed on AP, soa was zenith bank. Window 4, slim white lady.
Would be sharing the transcript details soon.
Thank you house....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations
snip09:
Visa approved today, lagos consulate 8am
it was my first time, no gre, no funding of any sort, deficit was $35,521, sponsor (uncle different surname).
school (eastern Michigan university) for msc, I wasn't placed on AP, soa was zenith bank. Window 4, slim white lady.
Would be sharing the transcript details soon.
Thank you house....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TeeD(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
spaccleinc:
Hello guys.

Visa denied last week Friday at Lagos Consulate. Please, kindly help review the interview transcript and advise if it's still worth it to apply with this same admission offer / any other advice or tip that comes to mind. Thank you.

...........................................................................................

VISA DENIED. Lagos Consulate.

Interview by a middle-aged man, probably late 40s or 50s (Indian origin) on Counter 1.

University of South Florida 

MS in Mechanical Engineering 

No funding/assistantship received 

35K deficit 

Transcript:

VO: Pass me your passport and I20

Me: *passed him my docs

VO typing and looking at his screen for almost 45seconds. Finally asks questions but was staring at his screen for most of the time

VO: When did you finish High School? 

Me: 2010

VO: Bachelor's? 

Me: 2016

VO: What course? 

Me: Mechanical Engineering 

VO: What have you been doing since then? 

Me: I went for my mandatory national youth service at Co**... (VO cuts in) 

VO: Oh... That's just one year 

Me: Yes... After that, I secured a job as a project engineer at **** Engineering Limited, and I've been there since then. 

VO: As a project engineer? 

Me: Yes

VO: And you're still working there? 

Me: Yes, currently working 

VO: You don't have any assistantship. Did you take the GRE? (Now looks at me) 

Me: Yes

VO: What did you score? 

Me: 318

VO: TOEFL? 

Me: Yes, 106.

VO: So, how come no assistantship? (VO said this looking very disturbed)

VO: How many universities did you apply to? 

Me: 4

VO: How many admits? 

Me: 2

VO: So why no assistantship?

Me: Well, I was also surprised that I didn't receive any assistantship or funding, so I contacted the schools about this and I was told that assistantships and scholarships are usually awarded on a first come first serve basis

***All this while was always typing and looking at his screen,then stares back at me .. He was still disturbed even after I told him the reply I received from the school ***

VO: Ok. So, why a Masters in Mechanical Engineering? 

Me: Well, I have career interests in Energy sys.... (VO cuts in) 

VO: Ok. Who will be sponsoring your education?

Me: My father will be paying for my education 

VO: Ok. (says this while still typing) 

VO: (Types for about 15 seconds, then brings out the pink slip). I cannot approve your visa. 

Me: Ok sir. 

He didn't ask to see any supporting documents throughout the interview

Dude/Lady, funding is the issue here. Also, there are no surprise questions here, they're questions you could have anticipated and found smooth answers to.

VO: So why no assistantship?

Me: Well, I was also surprised that I didn't receive any assistantship or funding, so I contacted the schools about this and I was told that assistantships and scholarships are usually awarded on a first come first serve basis

***All this while was always typing and looking at his screen,then stares back at me .. He was still disturbed even after I told him the reply I received from the school ***

Next time, don't say you're 'surprised', don't be surprised. There are bunch of americans who don't get funded for graduate studies, that's why many are with huge school debt. My GRE was 5 points higher than yours and despite applying to 6 schools for PhD, only 1 came through.

Again, always use a dept/school policy to describe your situation, say something like "The professor who has agreed to take me wants to see my work before taking me up. (it happens alot)" or if it's a phD admit, say something like "The funding is pending because I'm required to take a Ph.D. candidacy exam upon resumption". VOs don't know specific school/dept rules and it's left to you to make them believe.
However, I strongly advise against moving to the US when you're not funded, because even funded folks have a hard time here.
Again, if you know of any deficiencies in your story, you must be prepared ahead of how to respond to any form of questions.

VO: When did you finish High School? 

Me: 2010

You may already know this, but if I were you, when he asks this, I'll immediately continue to talk about when I finished bachelor's because I want him to know I have a higher degree than what he's asking. While it's safe to give short answers and not give more, but questions like this deserve more answers.

VO: Ok. So, why a Masters in Mechanical Engineering? 

Me: Well, I have career interests in Energy sys.... (VO cuts in) 
At this point, the VO wants to gamble on you. For questions like this, I'll strongly advise starting with a statement like, "In my current job, I have seen the need to ... and having a masters in energy systems will certainly ..."
Prepare answers like this beforehand and rehearse them multiple times. Let your statements be concise, brief and show that you're gainfully employed, focused, have home/country ties and you're not desperate to run away
Maybe say parent (rather than father) as it's stronger as it shows both your parents are invested into you should one kick the bucket.
If you can sort out your funding issue, I believe you'll get it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by snip09: 9:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
Sosao:
Congratulations
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TeeD(m): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
aboderinf:
Hi Guys, I have my interview on Aug 6.

I have a very high GRE score and I finished with a First Class but at the time I applied for my I-20 I had no funding. I now have a Graduate teaching assistantship which covers tuition for the fall semester.

Do you guys think I should mention this (if asked why no assistantship?

Thanks in advance for all your responses

Don't go for your interview without an updated I-20. It's not worth it unless you're confident it'll work out; think about what could happen if you're denied. Even if you carry a TA letter, they know it could be forged. Pester your school for an updated I-20 letting them know how much you need it for the VISA interview (they know this). If possible you can postpone your interview if there's not enough time. Also, prepare hard for your interview, they still deny peeps with 'very high' GRE score wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by afeezzezo: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
dheee:
BY MAFIT not sure they still register gmat though

Chai, their number i saw on google aint going. Do you have their number?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dipomania070: 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
afeezzezo:

Chai, their number i saw on google aint going. Do you have their number?

Try it during the working hours...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by afeezzezo: 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
dipomania070:

Try it during the working hours...
Thanks bro. You know about them too?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 1:44am On Jul 26, 2019
Visa approved
Got the job
Got the H1B
Got the GC

Good reading through this thread! Always inHERResting.

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by imperiouxx(m): 2:10am On Jul 26, 2019
waynee2baba:
English is obviously the sole medium of instruction in British Universities... I wonder why they requested for English proficiency.

They can request for English proficiency and you can request for a waiver. However, GRE may not be waived. If required, it will be part of the admission criteria.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JTDeus: 2:34am On Jul 26, 2019
Hey, F1 Nairalanders! You guys rock! You guys tutored me wella on these insightful and generous pages.

I've been waiting for my visa delivery so that I'd have complete peace of mind while posting the transcript. Interview was Thursday, July 11th, in Abuja, 9am (that's 2 weeks already).

V.O. gave me white paper but mentioned that my visa would be put on hold so as to verify my submitted SOA. I've been tracking my status via both email, website, appointment page as well as call option too. They're all saying visa still with the embassy/consulate.

My story long o. But it's just a full testimony of God's favour and grace at work. I'm a first class student, with Bachelor's degrees in Philosophy (2009) and Theology (2014) respectively, PGDE from NTI (2015) and COMPTIA A+ from NIIT (2015). I'm 32 and I've been teaching since 2014, plus other engagements like NECO SSCE Supervisor, education board volunteer, ICT manager in an establishment, charity organisation experience, etc.

I applied for Licentiate in Sacred Theology from 2 Jesuit Schools in the US - Santa Clara University, California, and Boston College, Massachusetts.

Both schools offered scholarships. SCU replied first with 50% tuition scholarship, and I processed everything with them (i20, SEVIS fee, and nonrefundable enrolment deposit of $500). I even paid visa application fee and was about applying for visa when BC miraculously showed up last month. I didn't hear from them after application, and because I applied later than their deadline, I presumed they didn't take me. They just appeared last month with admission and 75% tuition scholarship, which I appealed and they increased to 100%. Bingo! �

I immediately applied to DHS for SEVIS fee transfer request from SCU to BC, which they did immediately and hitch free too. I went for visa interview with BC full tuition cover, while my uncle (same surname) takes care of other expenses. I used 2 SOA (dollar and naira respectively) from him issued in May for my admissions and i20 processing. He gave me sponsorship letter, together with another SOA printed July 10, a day to my interview.

VISA INTERVIEW:
Abuja, July 11th, 9am, window 6 or so, elderly white man who was very calm and gentle with me. Arrived consulate around 7:50am, got interviewed after the series of queues and processes around 10:35am or so.

My situation: No GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS or other standardised tests, and no external transcripts evaluations (none required); totally Virgin passport (but I've been to Benin and Ghana, and I filled them in my DS160); Single and childless; sponsored by uncle. Big mistake in my visa appointment form which I never discovered as I did all my stuff and printed myself, until the guys checking at the front desk pointed it out to me - I put my email address in place of my first name so the appointment page bears only my surname and email address, no first names. I almost fainted! Good enough, my email is a twist of my first names, so the identity connection won't be hard. They passed me on to the next screening stage though.

TRANSCRIPT:
(I'm not good at quoting verbatim, please, but you'll get the whole gist as much as I can).

We greeted and I passed my passport and i20.

VO: Are you in Orders? (meaning, are you a priest?)

Me: No

VO: I'm seeing Theology

Me: I've been in the seminary all my life but I didn't continue to the priesthood. I want to advance in Theology so I can lecture in the senior seminary or Catholic University when I return.

VO: Do you have a place to teach when you return?

Me: Yes (I dash him the letter I'm holding)

VO: What level of students are you teaching now?

Me: Secondary students, but I want to advance so I can teach in the higher institution.

VO: (goes into typing mode, so gentle all the way like he really wants to grant the visa but remembered he hadn't really asked me anything) Let me ask you just one question, a quick one. (I say, sure). Can you tell me the only doctrine the Pope has pronounced as infallible?

Me: (I never expected that. I was confused whether he meant the current Pope or past popes. He saw my confusion and said since Vatican. So I answered) We have the Immaculate Conception, we have the... (I wanted to continue but VO cuts in...)

VO: There you go! You did your Theology well! Did you obtain any bachelors during your seminary studies?

Me: Yes.

VO: What subjects?

Me: Philosophy and Theology

VO: (looking at my i20...) I see you have generous funding from the school. (I no talk. He moves down to my uncle.) Your uncle is taking care of the rest. Can I see...

Me: (I didn't let him finish. I dash am my sponsorship letter plus 3 different SOA for same uncle, two naira and one dollar account, all three legit. He looks at the SOAs and exclaims)

VO: These accounts are loaded. Your uncle must be well off. What does he do?

Me: (I tell him uncle's job and professional level.)

VO: I'll put your visa on hold while we verify these accounts against fraud. If you're guilty of fraud, you won't be allowed to enter the United States for...

Me: (I cut him off) Sure, I know. With all pleasure, please, you can confirm.

VO: (sticks a small white piece of paper behind my passport, gives me white A4 paper saying) This is for your visa (white paper showing visa approved and collection info).

(Gives me another cut white paper saying) This is specifically for your F1 visa (contains F1 travel guidelines).

(Keeps my passport. Hands back my i20 saying something like) Keep it on you while travelling, not in your bag (and so on... But I wasn't listening. The only thing in my head was... Run � � �)

VO was still giving final remarks but I was already towards the door in excitement and also fear of being called back for another thing again.

Me: (Already turned to run away �) bye bye, bye bye... God bless you, Sir!

Na so I take waka. I wasn't asked most of the usually expected questions. The only documents I presented were passport, i20, letter of employment confirmation and financial documents (letter of sponsorship and 3 SOA from uncle).

First, it's God. Then, truth is key. Also, struggle for good grades, you have less worry afterwards in academic adventures or application processes. Study the scope of the interview well and know what they're looking for. Try have documents to back up answers, and present the document to backup your claims as you're voicing oral answer too, because you may not be asked. Don't talk too much. Stay on the question. Let the VO lead the conversation. Don't answer the next question VO hasn't asked.

Pray my dear. Fast. Abstain from sin for that period. Make God a project as you make the visa a project and also make your documentation a project, and all will rhyme in that small cubicle. Pray to also meet a gentle VO. A guy immediately after me who came with the same school I got in California (SCU), with same 50% tuition scholarship I had with them, was not successful at the visa interview and he said the VO wasn't letting him talk (I got their i20 and paid SEVIS fee with them but switched to Boston that gave me 100% tuition scholarship, transfered my SEVIS record and went for visa interview with Boston College.)

Another thing, I feel they check social media profile, else they wouldn't ask you for it. Have a mature consistent social media profile that would make a potential employer take you if they were to look at your social media; a social media profile that can tell who you are, and also match what you filled in your DS160. I was expecting to feel tensed as I approached interview, but only remembered after the interview that I felt no tension at all. My VO made me at ease. It wasn't really a grilling interview, but more of a coffee chat. He was an angel!

However, I've still not been contacted for my visa collection and tracking is saying still at embassy. I filled PH as my pick-up location. The white paper said 4 working days if using pick-up. It's 2 whole weeks now, that's 10 or 11 working days. What's your take guys about my situation?

Also, what's take about landing at a POE different from your school airport? I want to land in Los Angeles for some days before moving to Boston? Any concerns about immigration wahala if I do so?

My empathy to all those not yet successful, and best wishes to those going soonest. One love, Nairaland! ✌

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pierre92(m): 3:04am On Jul 26, 2019
JTDeus:
Hey, F1 Nairalanders! You guys rock! You guys tutored me wella on these insightful and generous pages.

I've been waiting for my visa delivery so that I'd have complete peace of mind while posting the transcript. Interview was Thursday, July 11th, in Abuja, 9am (that's 2 weeks already).

V.O. gave me white paper but mentioned that my visa would be put on hold so as to verify my submitted SOA. I've been tracking my status via both email, website, appointment page as well as call option too. They're all saying visa still with the embassy/consulate.

My story long o. But it's just a full testimony of God's favour and grace at work. I'm a first class student, with Bachelor's degrees in Philosophy (2009) and Theology (2014) respectively, PGDE from NTI (2015) and COMPTIA A+ from NIIT (2015). I'm 32 and I've been teaching since 2014,
Immediately I saw this, I knew it had to be a seminary cheesy Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by learner007(m): 3:06am On Jul 26, 2019
walepepe21:
Visa Approved on July 22nd,2019 at the Abuja Embassy, Window 8 by a very young beautiful Lady in her 20s Transcript Loading grin grin grin grin

Any VO who approves a visa is always beautiful grin grin grin
Congrats!

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 6:21am On Jul 26, 2019
JTDeus:

My story long o. But it's just a full testimony of God's favour and grace at work. I'm a first class student, with Bachelor's degrees in Philosophy (2009) and Theology (2014) respectively, PGDE from NTI (2015) and COMPTIA A+ from NIIT (2015). I'm 32 and I've been teaching since 2014, plus other engagements like NECO SSCE Supervisor, education board volunteer, ICT manager in an establishment, charity organisation experience, etc.

I applied for Licentiate in Sacred Theology from 2 Jesuit Schools in the US - Santa Clara University, California, and Boston College, Massachusetts.

Both schools offered scholarships. SCU replied first with 50% tuition scholarship, and I processed everything with them (i20, SEVIS fee, and nonrefundable enrolment deposit of $500). I even paid visa application fee and was about applying for visa when BC miraculously showed up last month. I didn't hear from them after application, and because I applied later than their deadline, I presumed they didn't take me. They just appeared last month with admission and 75% tuition scholarship, which I appealed and they increased to 100%. Bingo! �

I immediately applied to DHS for SEVIS fee transfer request from SCU to BC, which they did immediately and hitch free too. I went for visa interview with BC full tuition cover, while my uncle (same surname) takes care of other expenses. I used 2 SOA (dollar and naira respectively) from him issued in May for my admissions and i20 processing. He gave me sponsorship letter, together with another SOA printed July 10, a day to my interview.

VISA INTERVIEW:
Abuja, July 11th, 9am, window 6 or so, elderly white man who was very calm and gentle with me. Arrived consulate around 7:50am, got interviewed after the series of queues and processes around 10:35am or so.

My situation: No GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS or other standardised tests, and no external transcripts evaluations (none required); totally Virgin passport (but I've been to Benin and Ghana, and I filled them in my DS160); Single and childless; sponsored by uncle. Big mistake in my visa appointment form which I never discovered as I did all my stuff and printed myself, until the guys checking at the front desk pointed it out to me - I put my email address in place of my first name so the appointment page bears only my surname and email address, no first names. I almost fainted! Good enough, my email is a twist of my first names, so the identity connection won't be hard. They passed me on to the next screening stage though.

TRANSCRIPT:
(I'm not good at quoting verbatim, please, but you'll get the whole gist as much as I can).

Me: I've been in the seminary all my life but I didn't continue to the priesthood. I want to advance in Theology so I can lecture in the senior seminary or Catholic University when I return.

Me: Secondary students, but I want to advance so I can teach in the higher institution.

VO: (goes into typing mode, so gentle all the way like he really wants to grant the visa but remembered he hadn't really asked me anything) Let me ask you just one question, a quick one. (I say, sure). Can you tell me the only doctrine the Pope has pronounced as infallible?

Me: (I never expected that. I was confused whether he meant the current Pope or past popes. He saw my confusion and said since Vatican. So I answered) We have the Immaculate Conception, we have the... (I wanted to continue but VO cuts in...)

VO: There you go! You did your Theology well! Did you obtain any bachelors during your seminary studies?

VO: (looking at my i20...) I see you have generous funding from the school. (I no talk. He moves down to my uncle.) Your uncle is taking care of the rest. Can I see...

Me: (I didn't let him finish. I dash am my sponsorship letter plus 3 different SOA for same uncle, two naira and one dollar account, all three legit. He looks at the SOAs and exclaims)

VO: I'll put your visa on hold while we verify these accounts against fraud. If you're guilty of fraud, you won't be allowed to enter the United States for...

VO: (sticks a small white piece of paper behind my passport, gives me white A4 paper saying) This is for your visa (white paper showing visa approved and collection info).

(Gives me another cut white paper saying) This is specifically for your F1 visa (contains F1 travel guidelines).

(Keeps my passport. Hands back my i20 saying something like) Keep it on you while travelling, not in your bag (and so on... But I wasn't listening. The only thing in my head was... Run � � �)

VO was still giving final remarks but I was already towards the door in excitement and also fear of being called back for another thing again.

Na so I take waka. I wasn't asked most of the usually expected questions. The only documents I presented were passport, i20, letter of employment confirmation and financial documents (letter of sponsorship and 3 SOA from uncle).

First, it's God. Then, truth is key. Also, struggle for good grades, you have less worry afterwards in academic adventures or application processes. Study the scope of the interview well and know what they're looking for. Try have documents to back up answers, and present the document to backup your claims as you're voicing oral answer too, because you may not be asked. Don't talk too much. Stay on the question. Let the VO lead the conversation. Don't answer the next question VO hasn't asked.

Pray my dear. Fast. Abstain from sin for that period. Make God a project as you make the visa a project and also make your documentation a project, and all will rhyme in that small cubicle. Pray to also meet a gentle VO. A guy immediately after me who came with the same school I got in California (SCU), with same 50% tuition scholarship I had with them, was not successful at the visa interview and he said the VO wasn't letting him talk (I got their i20 and paid SEVIS fee with them but switched to Boston that gave me 100% tuition scholarship, transfered my SEVIS record and went for visa interview with Boston College.)

Another thing, I feel they check social media profile, else they wouldn't ask you for it. Have a mature consistent social media profile that would make a potential employer take you if they were to look at your social media; a social media profile that can tell who you are, and also match what you filled in your DS160. I was expecting to feel tensed as I approached interview, but only remembered after the interview that I felt no tension at all. My VO made me at ease. It wasn't really a grilling interview, but more of a coffee chat. He was an angel!

However, I've still not been contacted for my visa collection and tracking is saying still at embassy. I filled PH as my pick-up location. The white paper said 4 working days if using pick-up. It's 2 whole weeks now, that's 10 or 11 working days. What's your take guys about my situation?

Also, what's take about landing at a POE different from your school airport? I want to land in Los Angeles for some days before moving to Boston? Any concerns about immigration wahala if I do so?

My empathy to all those not yet successful, and best wishes to those going soonest. One love, Nairaland! ✌

Congratulation, same man who approved my Visa, very calm and stressless interview, he tries to approve every student before him, never even asked major questions I prepared for.
The baba looks like ancient of days for my eye

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Danikal: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2019
Senatorbee:

Congratulation, same man who approved my Visa, very calm and stressless interview, he tries to approve every student before him, never even asked major questions I prepared for.
The baba looks like ancient of days for my eye
Yeah, that man is really calm and nice, he gave out 3 Approvals in my front while the lady that interviewed me gave out like 6 denials before me!! I can only imagine people's prayerpoint while on the queue�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nabuuuuu: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Out of the blues a name as fake as mine suddenly pops out on Student thread and starts claiming experience and offering US study sure scholarship. What is your credential young man? Are you here to chase clout and scam poor students?

CHUUKKSS:
Yes do Sat and TOEFL and apply to the school, simple as ABC. I have a company that helps in applying to schools in the US also helps in achieving sure scholarship �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ybahrbz91: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2019
Good morning house. Plsss, how do I pay for my SEVIS fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DavidhumeNO: 8:05am On Jul 26, 2019
JTDeus:

VISA INTERVIEW:

TRANSCRIPT:

Congrats man! Have you heard from them now or has your status changed?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Jul 26, 2019
@ProYouWebsiteUK

Any more advertisement here will earn you a ban

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gab2015: 8:56am On Jul 26, 2019
Thank u @fairheart I got the GRE material u sent to me.
God bless u.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sirjulius: 8:59am On Jul 26, 2019
Please when is the earliest available date in Abuja?
Username01:
Afternoon everyone.

Please, is it actually risky to choose Abuja being previously denied in Lagos after 2 weeks?

Checking in Lagos, there are no available dates, but there are dates in Abuja; and I want to meet up with school resumption on 22nd Aug.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.