Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357353 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by acebolted: 3:00am On Jul 27, 2019
Flaame:
Good morning NL family,please help me scrutinize my proposed transcript
@ Lagosismyhome, fairheart, sharwama, walspring....please seriously look into my matter.
School: St. Cloud State University
Course: Computer engineering
Level: undergraduate

Vo: Good morning, passport and I20
Me: (passed them)
Vo: Have you been here before?
Me: Yes, I have
Vo: So why was your visa not approved?
Me: I was denied because I failed to convince the visa officer that I was a genuine student and not an intending immigrant
Vo: So what's new from the last time you applied?
Me: Well, I have known so much more about my program, my confidence has improved, and I have even a better financial support
Vo: Are you trying to tell me you never knew about your course before?
Me: No, not at all. I am actually saying that I have known more about my program ... We learn new things everyday
Vo: OK.... Where are you going?
Me: Am going to St. Cloud State University for my undergraduate degree in computer engineering
Vo: Why this school?
Me: Apart from the fact that I got a generous in-state tuition waiver which am very grateful for, I also chose this wonderful school because it has a very committed focus on the academic excellence of her international students and a very diverse cultural community that helps international students feel settled. Like this is not enough, this wonderful school offers a lot at a very moderate rate.....
Vo: When did you graduate
Me: 2014
Vo: What have you been doing since then? It's been about 5 years now!
Me: Yes, it's been quite a while but after my graduation in July 2014, I started computer classes at Royals Computers Cybercafe where I was offered a management job after concluding my program, I chose to handle the job to get management tactics which would enable me run my own ICT firm in the long run. In 2016, I got admitted to Abia State University, but later realized it was fake admission so I dropped. Currently, am a freelancer and a blogger.
Vo: Why not just get this degree in Nigeria or some other country?
Me: When it comes to STEM courses, the U.S schools offers the best programs in this area. They have a well-structured educational system that maintains a balance in practical skills and theoretical knowledge. I need the best possible education for my career plans.
Vo: what will a degree in computer engineering do for you?
Me: A degree in this course will fortify me with the knowledge and skills required to directly secure a very good job in one of the top ranked innovative technical firms in Nigeria upon graduation. As Nigeria is at the dawn of what I'd call a "technological revolution ",where engineers with a degree in my field are highly sought for by top companies like: Andela, Flutterwave, Jumia, Globacom, MasterCard,etc,a degree in this course will be a one-way ticket to actualize one of my career plans in Nigeria. A degree in this course will also help me partake in this technological revolution coming from my very country, a revolution that will sky-rocket the economy of Nigeria, and at the same time have them ranked amongst the best technically advanced countries in the world.
Vo: Tell me about the course and the program?
Me: Computer engineering is a branch of engineering that integrated several fields of computer science and electronics engineering required to develop various computer software and hardware. This branch of engineering does not only focus on how computer systems work themselves but on how they integrate to larger pictures
About the course, am expected to take prerequisite courses before getting admitted to the major,graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.5,and 106 credits
Vo: Can you list some of the courses you'd be taking in your program?
Me: I'd have to take courses in General engineering,Physics,Maths and statistics, Calculus, Embedded systems, Engineering orientation
Vo: Do you know some of the professors you'd be working with?
Me: Yes, I already know and communicate with Prof. Ling Hou our head of department and Prof. Michael P. Glazos, the assistant professor
Vo: What will you do upon graduation?
Me: I'll come back to Nigeria after my undergraduate degree to have my compulsory nysc, then afterwards, hopefully secure a job in one of the top ranked ICT firms in Nigeria or go for a lecturing job in one of the Nigerian universities. In the long run.... I intend to own my own ICT firm.
Vo: Did you sit for any standardized test?
Me: Yes, I took SAT and had a score of 1030
Vo: That doesn't look like a very good score, how did you manage to get this scholarship?
Me: Yes, it's not that high but it still kept me in a position to qualify for the in-state tuition scholarship, plus I have a very good high school GPA of 3.46/4.
Vo: Do you think you qualify for this visa?
Me: Well, I believe I do: I have an admission from a good college, I have academic record as well as criminal record, I have a genuine intent for traveling to the u.s,plus I have sufficient sponsorship,so in all ramification, I think I qualify for it
Vo: Who's your sponsor and what does he do?
Me: My maternal uncle. He's a lawyer by profession but has a lot of businesses he manages.He has a school here in Abuja, he is also into estate business, and has a couple of lodges here in Abuja too
Vo: Why would your uncle sponsor you and not your parents?
Me: since high school he has been the one sponsoring my education without stress, and is still willing to continue. It has never been an issue for him, he feels entitled to the responsibility.
Vo: Does he not have his own kids to take care of?
Me: His kids are all graduates and now independent.

You as a visa officer, decide my fate.
@ 1st bolded.....what does fake admission even mean?
@2nd.....you have a criminal record?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 4:04am On Jul 27, 2019
acebolted:

@ 1st bolded.....what does fake admission even mean?
@2nd.....you have a criminal record?
error, I meant to say good academic record and clean record
Yes, some people get fake admission here in the east
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2019
Thank you

learner007:

Congrats.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 5:23am On Jul 27, 2019
Thank you and welcome back smiley smiley

imperiouxx:
@ Gloryemo, solihp, Melcapital, twittycutey, JohnnyAmhan, Oasishavenng, Danikal, Senatorbee, a4pelumi, JTDeus, Best201195 and Thanose

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mzruffy: 6:32am On Jul 27, 2019
Pls friends my sch is resuming by Aug 19 n orientation is like 14 n 16 but d only date I could get is Aug 21 because hv been denied b4 that’s y I couldn’t get earlier date than August 21, I hope this won’t give me issue.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2019
CHUUKKSS:
In order to protect others I will delete.

You think you are protecting others until you get to know that you have screwed yourself

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ybahrbz91: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2019
Good morning house. Thanks to everyone who has been contributing.
I think I have made a big mistake and I would like to clarify. In request for my I-20, I used father's account but in filling my DS-160, I plan going with my uncle's account as sponsor. Is this an automatic rejection?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2019
CHUUKKSS:
People are learning here, so don't use style and huff here. If I hadn't shared my experience, we wouldn't know it is totally unacceptable. Be wise and learn too. Tell the next person to do the right thing next time as I have been told.

You have no shame, who doesn't know that submitting fake bank statement is wrong?

Bye from this section,

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:20am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

You have [b]no shame, [/b]who doesn't know that submitting fake bank statement is wrong?

Bye from this section,

the guy is shameless. Good riddance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 7:32am On Jul 27, 2019
Flaame:
@ Lagosismyhome, fairheart, sharwama, walspring....please seriously look into my matter.

90% of what you wrote there, you won’t remember, or anxiety will make you say it wrongly or the VO won’t even give you the time.

The only advice I’d give is that you spend enough time filling out your DS160 and make sure your progress timeline is discussed properly in there.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Drekales: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

You have no shame, who doesn't know that submitting fake bank statement is wrong?

Bye from this section,

Please delete him, his entire messages , his name, and everything that has to do with him.
He is as Useless as the multiple vowels and consonants in his name.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 7:34am On Jul 27, 2019
ybahrbz91:
I think I have made a big mistake and I would like to clarify. In request for my I-20, I used father's account but in filling my DS-160, I plan going with my uncle's account as sponsor. Is this an automatic rejection?

I believe schools usually upload that SOA to a government portal as well. If not the actual document, maybe a note about the document.

Why not save yourself from the stress and stick to the sponsor you presented to your school. Let your dad sponsor you since he has the financial capability.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mayflowa(m): 7:42am On Jul 27, 2019
Flaame:

Vo: Good morning, passport and I20
Me: (passed them)
Vo: Have you been here before?
Me: Yes, I have
Vo: So why was your visa not approved?
Me: I was denied because I failed to convince the visa officer that I was a genuine student and not an intending immigrant
Vo: So what's new from the last time you applied?
Me: Well, I have known so much more about my program, my confidence has improved, and I have even a better financial support
Vo: Are you trying to tell me you never knew about your course before?
Me: No, not at all. I am actually saying that I have known more about my program ... We learn new things everyday
Vo: OK.... Where are you going?
Me: Am going to St. Cloud State University for my undergraduate degree in computer engineering
Vo: Why this school?
Me: Apart from the fact that I got a generous in-state tuition waiver which am very grateful for, I also chose this wonderful school because it has a very committed focus on the academic excellence of her international students and a very diverse cultural community that helps international students feel settled. Like this is not enough, this wonderful school offers a lot at a very moderate rate.....
Vo: When did you graduate
Me: 2014
Vo: What have you been doing since then? It's been about 5 years now!
Me: Yes, it's been quite a while but after my graduation in July 2014, I started computer classes at Royals Computers Cybercafe where I was offered a management job after concluding my program, I chose to handle the job to get management tactics which would enable me run my own ICT firm in the long run. In 2016, I got admitted to Abia State University, but later realized it was fake admission so I dropped. Currently, am a freelancer and a blogger.
Vo: Why not just get this degree in Nigeria or some other country?
Me: When it comes to STEM courses, the U.S schools offers the best programs in this area. They have a well-structured educational system that maintains a balance in practical skills and theoretical knowledge. I need the best possible education for my career plans.
Vo: what will a degree in computer engineering do for you?
Me: A degree in this course will fortify me with the knowledge and skills required to directly secure a very good job in one of the top ranked innovative technical firms in Nigeria upon graduation. As Nigeria is at the dawn of what I'd call a "technological revolution ",where engineers with a degree in my field are highly sought for by top companies like: Andela, Flutterwave, Jumia, Globacom, MasterCard,etc,a degree in this course will be a one-way ticket to actualize one of my career plans in Nigeria. A degree in this course will also help me partake in this technological revolution coming from my very country, a revolution that will sky-rocket the economy of Nigeria, and at the same time have them ranked amongst the best technically advanced countries in the world.
Vo: Tell me about the course and the program?
Me: Computer engineering is a branch of engineering that integrated several fields of computer science and electronics engineering required to develop various computer software and hardware. This branch of engineering does not only focus on how computer systems work themselves but on how they integrate to larger pictures
About the course, am expected to take prerequisite courses before getting admitted to the major,graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.5,and 106 credits
Vo: Can you list some of the courses you'd be taking in your program?
Me: I'd have to take courses in General engineering,Physics,Maths and statistics, Calculus, Embedded systems, Engineering orientation
Vo: Do you know some of the professors you'd be working with?
Me: Yes, I already know and communicate with Prof. Ling Hou our head of department and Prof. Michael P. Glazos, the assistant professor
Vo: What will you do upon graduation?
Me: I'll come back to Nigeria after my undergraduate degree to have my compulsory nysc, then afterwards, hopefully secure a job in one of the top ranked ICT firms in Nigeria or go for a lecturing job in one of the Nigerian universities. In the long run.... I intend to own my own ICT firm.
Vo: Did you sit for any standardized test?
Me: Yes, I took SAT and had a score of 1030
Vo: That doesn't look like a very good score, how did you manage to get this scholarship?
Me: Yes, it's not that high but it still kept me in a position to qualify for the in-state tuition scholarship, plus I have a very good high school GPA of 3.46/4.
Vo: Do you think you qualify for this visa?
Me: Well, I believe I do: I have an admission from a good college, I havea good academic record, I have a genuine intent for traveling to the u.s,plus I have sufficient sponsorship,so in all ramification, I think I qualify for it
Vo: Who's your sponsor and what does he do?
Me: My maternal uncle. He's a lawyer by profession but has a lot of businesses he manages.He has a school here in Abuja, he is also into estate business, and has a couple of lodges here in Abuja too
Vo: Why would your uncle sponsor you and not your parents?
Me: since high school he has been the one sponsoring my education without stress, and is still willing to continue. It has never been an issue for him, he feels entitled to the responsibility.
Vo: Does he not have his own kids to take care of?
Me: His kids are all graduates and now independent.

You as a visa officer, decide my fate.

Drop this off. It will hurt your interview. You don't want to been seen as a fake kind-of-guy. And try to be specific about your intention.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by acebolted: 7:49am On Jul 27, 2019
Flaame:
error, I meant to say good academic record and clean record
Yes, some people get fake admission here in the east
Please remove fake admission from your transcript.... I have never heard it before and what if the VO doesn't understand what it means too and unnecessary questions that you didn't prepare for start arising?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 8:00am On Jul 27, 2019
iwriterng:

90% of what you wrote there, you won’t remember, or anxiety will make you say it wrongly or the VO won’t even give you the time.

The only advice I’d give is that you spend enough time filling out your DS160 and make sure your progress timeline is discussed properly in there.
Ok,thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 8:00am On Jul 27, 2019
acebolted:

Please remove fake admission from your transcript.... I have never heard it before and what if the VO doesn't understand what it means too and unnecessary questions that you didn't prepare for start arising?
you're right shaa
Mayflowa:

Drop this off. It will hurt your interview. You don't want to been seen as a fake kind-of-guy. And try to be specific about your intention.
Alright, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scott200(m): 8:02am On Jul 27, 2019
ybahrbz91:
. Yes sir, it is.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Grace2516: 8:09am On Jul 27, 2019
Good morning!

Please, will I be needing photocopies of any document at my Visa interview ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nabuuuuu: 8:24am On Jul 27, 2019
Predstan:

Ok... And you are Bold enough to write that you submitted a Fake Statement of Account. You believe you are anonymous right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yinkard4me(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2019
Glad to be here finally, a lot to learn from you wonderful people. Just recently considering a PhD degree in the US. The plan is fall 2020. Here is my brief profile,
Graduated with a distinction in M.Sc (6.3/7.0).
I have 14 publications to my name and 3 citations from foreign authors.
Two years experience as a lecturer in a federal institution.
Please I need GRE materials and other helpful hints/materials. Thank you

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tochium: 8:58am On Jul 27, 2019
Hello guys, how do you fill DS 160? the page isn't opening properly
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JTDeus: 9:03am On Jul 27, 2019
Tochium:
Hello guys, how do you fill DS 160? the page isn't opening properly
That form requires very very very very serious network. Try when network traffic is very low. You may try midnight or early hours or any other less-congested period. Once the network is good for it, you see it flowing. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2019
Mzruffy:
Pls friends my sch is resuming by Aug 19 n orientation is like 14 n 16 but d only date I could get is Aug 21 because hv been denied b4 that’s y I couldn’t get earlier date than August 21, I hope this won’t give me issue.

Get a late arrival letter from the international office of your school. Or if you are close to the director of your program or your advisor who should be a top faculty, he/she can write a letter on your behalf. Some schools may not agree, albeit if you are a top notch student or favored, you can beat this. Because the VO will raise an eyebrow once he sees the date. So get a letter to back you up in case. They may not care if one was previously denied or not.

Alternatively, you could tell the God of heaven and Earth to blind the eyes of the VO like Elisha did to the Syrians �

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

Bye from this section,

@justwise, don't be surprised that this same guy who spilled out poo, will come back with a different moniker.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 10:26am On Jul 27, 2019
TheNoble007:

@justwise, don't be surprised that this same guy who spilled out poo, will come back with a different moniker.

That will not surprise me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tochium: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2019
JTDeus:
That form requires very very very very serious network. Try when network traffic is very low. You may try midnight or early hours or any other less-congested period. Once the network is good for it, you see it flowing. Good luck
. thank u sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.