Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362111 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SpaceAdenle(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
Guys, my interview is on Thursday and am so tensed. Kindly advise me on preparation based on the latest interviews. I am going to the consulate in Lagos. Time is 6:45am and the VO is 8. Am going to Michigan Technological University to gain masters in Applied Physics. No scholarship by the school but possible scholarship by the supervisor who has already shown serious interest.
Thanks as I await ample and candid advise.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jendon2017: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2019
Please confirm you got my message in your email.

TooMuchGrace:

Okay, that’s fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bidemi1190: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
Can I send my official transcript to WES USA because of delays from my school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
So far, it's stamped and sealed with the Official SCHOOL STAMP in a brown envelop with your REF NO written on it, with WES Address. why not!

bidemi1190:
Can I send my official transcript to WES USA because of delays from my school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bidemi1190: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
After WES receives the transcript. Wes usually sends confirmation to the school and do I put the transcript offer in alert based on any correspondence from WES?
Moshkom:
So far, it's stamped and sealed with the Official SCHOOL STAMP in a brown envelop with your REF NO written on it, with WES Address. why not!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
It's not really a confirmation something like that, it's a VERIFICATION request they will send to your school to confirm your CERTIFICATE.

Like, "Hello Unilag shey na true the owner of this Certificate no with this reg number finish with FIRST CLASS or SECOND CLASS in this department in your school so so year"

bidemi1190:
After WES receives the transcript. Wes usually sends confirmation to the school and do I put the transcript offer in alert based on any correspondence from WES?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by xcaper(m): 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
Apt, one can explore this option after graduation
Northeastern:

When people take their time to give a robust response that more than addresses the question asked, you folks would still come up with these your easy out questions. It is not hard, go and try your luck, the person you are asking didn’t appear before the VO without writing a standardized exam. You guys should learn to ask reasonable questions.

You can deceive some people but not everyone, in your books, it is only the CGPA and standardized tests that the adcom considers to make admission decisions. You failed to give the specifics of your case and the fact that no two candidates are the same. There are types of scholarships, what you are being encouraged to seek is not a GA position. Scholarship played the final role in my decision to select my school. Despite getting a $65,000 scholarship from Northeastern, I turned them down because I got a GA in my present school.

I have been required on several occasions to enter my GMAT scores when applying for jobs. An interviewer in London had once told me that getting a GA position was no small achievement, I guess she said so because it is not common to get a full scholarship in the UK. The point is, you are better off with a standardized test. The assumption here is that those aspiring to school in the US want to get a job post-graduation, no be to come dey struggle. So, everyone should check the necessary boxes to clear all doubts. That leads me to my next story.

I took the TOEFL yesterday in preparation for a fall 2020 admission. I want to change careers. I met a Naija guy who told me that I was wasting my money, he is a permanent resident. All he had for me was bad news, of how I will not get a job after my program because his friend is stranded in the US after his MBA. He didn’t allow me to say anything because he thought he knew more than I do because he is a PR.
I told him that unlike his friend, my MBA program is STEM-designated and I wouldn’t be needing the 3 years for OPT because I would get my GC few months after my graduation. He asked if it is through marriage, I show him my wedding ring and told him I am married. I told him about the EB3 visa, he didn’t know what it is. While we were on it, his ride came and he left immediately.

Please if you are coming here on F1 and you have $24,000 to spare, you can get the GC before graduation. The entire process takes about 14 months. I didn’t know this when I came else I for don file my i-485 by now. I remember someone here last year saying that he’ll soon get his GC and it is not through marriage, he was a master's student. I strongly believe he was referring to this route.

Update.

I got a couple of PMs which I believe are as a result of the EB3 i mentioned in this post. Ask all your questions here, It will be here for everyone to see and learn from. I know a couple of Nigerians that have used the same route to get the EB3 and some are in the process. My surprise is that everyone kept a tight lip. It was one of my Asian friend that told me about it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fortressG: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
Northeastern:

When people take their time to give a robust response that more than addresses the question asked, you folks would still come up with these your easy out questions. It is not hard, go and try your luck, the person you are asking didn’t appear before the VO without writing a standardized exam. You guys should learn to ask reasonable questions.

You can deceive some people but not everyone, in your books, it is only the CGPA and standardized tests that the adcom considers to make admission decisions. You failed to give the specifics of your case and the fact that no two candidates are the same. There are types of scholarships, what you are being encouraged to seek is not a GA position. Scholarship played the final role in my decision to select my school. Despite getting a $65,000 scholarship from Northeastern, I turned them down because I got a GA in my present school.

I have been required on several occasions to enter my GMAT scores when applying for jobs. An interviewer in London had once told me that getting a GA position was no small achievement, I guess she said so because it is not common to get a full scholarship in the UK. The point is, you are better off with a standardized test. The assumption here is that those aspiring to school in the US want to get a job post-graduation, no be to come dey struggle. So, everyone should check the necessary boxes to clear all doubts. That leads me to my next story.

I took the TOEFL yesterday in preparation for a fall 2020 admission. I want to change careers. I met a Naija guy who told me that I was wasting my money, he is a permanent resident. All he had for me was bad news, of how I will not get a job after my program because his friend is stranded in the US after his MBA. He didn’t allow me to say anything because he thought he knew more than I do because he is a PR.
I told him that unlike his friend, my MBA program is STEM-designated and I wouldn’t be needing the 3 years for OPT because I would get my GC few months after my graduation. He asked if it is through marriage, I show him my wedding ring and told him I am married. I told him about the EB3 visa, he didn’t know what it is. While we were on it, his ride came and he left immediately.

Please if you are coming here on F1 and you have $24,000 to spare, you can get the GC before graduation. The entire process takes about 14 months. I didn’t know this when I came else I for don file my i-485 by now. I remember someone here last year saying that he’ll soon get his GC and it is not through marriage, he was a master's student. I strongly believe he was referring to this route.

Update.

I got a couple of PMs which I believe are as a result of the EB3 i mentioned in this post. Ask all your questions here, It will be here for everyone to see and learn from. I know a couple of Nigerians that have used the same route to get the EB3 and some are in the process. My surprise is that everyone kept a tight lip. It was one of my Asian friend that told me about it.
can you throw more light on this please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oguibe2nice: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
fortressG:
can you throw more light on this please?

Case updated after 60days of AP.. Hopeful to be issued soon.. Anyone with an update today

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
case updated today, interview Aug 5

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Case updated today. Interview on 9th July

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
Same here lol..August 7th o

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2019
lol na wa o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Saxokez(m): 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2019
sharwama:

Don't P.M me please, I am a mad woman right now, I am adjusting to something I was not prepared for.
You should probably pray for me my friend.
May the force be with you.

Awwghhh... @sharwama
My gurl... do not worry, these things happen. The first days are always crazy and mad, but knowing you, you will survive.
I stayed in a hotel the first week I arrived US... It was in January, and it was cold and very hard.
I was hungry for naija food like mad, I needed a place to stay, and I really did not know what to do.
I had searched for housing prior to coming, but upon arrival I needed some things like co-signor etc to get sorted. I was in a quandry.
Omo ehn... that was a crazy first week for me. grin
I eventually got my accommodation sorted thanks to a co-signor who coincidentally was a Nigerian cab-man that took me from school to the hotel one day. A total stranger did that for me... whenever I remember that incident I smile and actually acknowledge that the force is with me. (AND I'M SURE THE FORCE IS WITH YOU TOO) do not mind my shouting... I needed to scream that to you... make you for hear am well well. cheesy cheesy

I remember missing my way on the bus the first couple of times i took the bus.
The coat I got from naija... was not strong enough to hold back the cold... same as the boots... and I am not a fan of cold at all...

looking back now, I am grateful for such experiences.... I learnt and have grown from it.
And I know you will too.

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2019
True words you have stated there..

Over time she go laugh on top her JJC days

LagosismyHome:

May the force be with you and may all the lines falls in your favour..... it is well, this phase will pass and become brighter . Some beginnings are rough but later you look back and smile .

When i travelled my parents were so excited bought me business class air ticket , schools fees paid and all. I got to school and there was an issue with my oncampus accomodation and i was homeless ..... with no phone or internet or friend someone just pointed a low cost budget hotel which was my home for 2 weeks till it was sorted. I felt so alone, so unsettled, many tears , knew nobody in the town, overwhelmed by it all .. it was a shock going from business class to been homeless smileycheesy . ...... however it's all history now and i remember with a smile . So my dear you will look back and smile at your jjc days

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
Guys, this one baffles me, mass updating... quickly went to check mine upon seeing updated thingz.

Got updated too, interview date : Aug 8th
And please, how long does it take before they finally issue.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martinz1: 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
SpaceAdenle:
Guys, my interview is on Thursday and am so tensed. Kindly advise me on preparation based on the latest interviews. I am going to the consulate in Lagos. Time is 6:45am and the VO is 8. Am going to Michigan Technological University to gain masters in Applied Physics. No scholarship by the school but possible scholarship by the supervisor who has already shown serious interest.
pls whats their tution fees like?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
Oguibe2nice:

Case updated after 60days of AP.. Hopeful to be issued soon.. Anyone with an update today

Same here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2019
Unstoppable100:
Case updated today. Interview on 9th July
i knew i was goan see ur update...lol, mine was updated also...It'll end in praise
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hello, please, for those visa updates....did you all got interviewed at Abuja ?
Please kindly respond, just wanna see if I'm on the same page with you guys.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2019
amos4real:
Good afternoon everyone. and weldone. I appreciate everyone contributions to this platform, your informations are wonderful. congratulations to those that have gotten their visas and I wish those of us waiting and hoping for good news God will surely do it.

Plz I want to ask a question and I need a direct answer and way to go about it.

my passport will expire next year April 2020. Though I think I can only renew the passport when is 6 months or less to the expiry date.

presently I have 8 months to the expiry date .

I wish to go for my student Visa interview by October 2019 because I'm to resume class by January 2019 I want to do that on time

I'm considering the possibility of seeing a date earlier. that why I want to choose October.

so, if I choose October can I use my present passport? that will be 6 months and some weeks to the expiry date.

I don't know if I can do that .

please what do you think I should do?

shld I wait till November to renew the passport before applying and what is the possibility of seeing a date around this year again.

I will appreciate your responses.

thank you and God bless.�

please I need your responses on this ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2019
Pharmz:
Hello, please, for those visa updates....did you all got interviewed at Abuja ?
Please kindly respond, just wanna see if I'm on the same page with you guys.
Thanks
I was interviewed in Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stanavos: 12:04am On Aug 27, 2019
Status updated 26th August....please House how many days does it take to get issued after update?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TeamJosh: 1:02am On Aug 27, 2019
SpaceAdenle:

Can you post your proposed transcript here for evaluation, I think that's the best thing to do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by walex57(m): 5:25am On Aug 27, 2019
SpaceAdenle:
Number 1 thing you need is confidence.
question format is usually very similar
what school, how many schools applied to, what course, why that course, what is your background (relating to your course of study), who is sponsoring you, did you write any standardized test.
Basically these are the questions that determine your fate and how well you answer them. Yes there are a few unique situations some times but they usually do not ask questions away from the norm.
also be a good listener, do not cut the VO short even if you think you have the answer ready. wait for them to finish with the question.
Scholarship or not is not a deal breaker. I've seen people denied even though they had scholarships and many have been accepted even without $1 grant. it's all about how well you answer.
Don't give too much information and don't give ambiguous responses also.
Confidence is key again.... confidence and stay relaxed.
All the best!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by walex57(m): 5:26am On Aug 27, 2019
SpaceAdenle:

Number 1 thing you need is confidence.
question format is usually very similar
what school, how many schools applied to, what course, why that course, what is your background (relating to your course of study), who is sponsoring you, did you write any standardized test.
Basically these are the questions that determine your fate and how well you answer them. Yes there are a few unique situations some times but they usually do not ask questions away from the norm.
also be a good listener, do not cut the VO short even if you think you have the answer ready. wait for them to finish with the question.
Scholarship or not is not a deal breaker. I've seen people denied even though they has scholarships and many have been accepted even without $1 grant. it's all about how well you answer.
Don't give too much information and don't give ambiguous responses also.
Confidence is key again.... confidence and stay relaxed.
All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ubigurl: 5:57am On Aug 27, 2019
My interview was short and brief it was a black American woman, the moment I came forward greeted her and she did not reply me and was like that's fine and smiled hmmmm I was asked why I misrepresented when I came for a B1/B2 visa In 2014 that I told them I was going on a 2 weeks vacation with my husband but ended going to have my baby instead, I was SHOCKED AT FIRST!!! Because that's not true I had my visa in 2014 January and traveled for two week with my husband that same year then traveled again in 2015 to have my child and I tried explaining to her but she kept shutting me down and also asked me why I was going for an associate degree instead of a masters and I told her I was actually going for a masters but need to get prerequisites from the college to enable go for the accelerated masters program in nursing she shut me down again, I wasn't given the opportunity to explain myself for that reason my visa was denied!!! We just reapplied but could only get a date in Abuja.
Porpor:
Except you are certain why your previous application was denied and has taken the necessary steps to address the lapse(s), don't reapply in a hurry until you have carried a postmortem of your last outing. You may like to post your interview transcript for reviews. Regards.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by walex57(m): 6:24am On Aug 27, 2019
ubigurl:
My interview was short and brief it was a black American woman, the moment I came forward greeted her and she did not reply me and was like that's fine and smiled hmmmm I was asked why I misrepresented when I came for a B1/B2 visa In 2014 that I told them I was going on a 2 weeks vacation with my husband but ended going to have my baby instead, I was SHOCKED AT FIRST!!! Because that's not true I had my visa in 2014 January and traveled for two week with my husband that same year then traveled again in 2015 to have my child and I tried explaining to her but she kept shutting me down and also asked me why I was going for an associate degree instead of a masters and I told her I was actually going for a masters but need to get prerequisites from the college to enable go for the accelerated masters program in nursing she shut me down again, I wasn't given the opportunity to explain myself for that reason my visa was denied!!! We just reapplied but could only get a date in Abuja.

So from your response I see a couple of things that may have come out as red flags to the VO.
1. you got your B1/B2 visa in January 2014, the question now to answer is when in 2014 did you travel initially for your two weeks vacation, was it in January 2014? did you conceive before travelling in 2014, what was the duration between when you traveled in 2014 and your second trip in 2015. Pregnancy is 9 months, if the space was less than 9 months, then it's a no brainer!

Again I'm certain this sermon has been preached times without number on here that the embassy frowns at BSc holders going for associates! it's like trying to carry water with a basket.

My advice is to reapply for a Masters program. don't rush. Your info is already in their system. before you argue or explain to the VO, ask yourself sincerely the questions I've asked above and be ready with a convincing answer should it arise again. But if your mind is gingering you to reapply immediately,take your best case and confidence forward. I wish you the very best.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 7:34am On Aug 27, 2019
ubigurl:

Are you telling us that Technology is lying ?
Nigerians
Please re apply after with consistency in application they will give you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.