Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356715 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Congratulations
Sosao
Swerveking
Hadassah77
Stavanos
Oguibe

Glad it ended positively.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hadassah777: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Thank you very muchhhh
Oasishavenng:
Congratulations
Sosao
Swerveking
Hadassah77
Stavanos
Oguibe

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
Congratulations @ Sosao , Swerveking, Hadassah77, Stavanos, Oguibe

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
Oasishavenng:
Congratulations
Sosao
Swerveking
Hadassah77
Stavanos
Oguibe

Thank you ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Roland17(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
Harvard freshman deported after officials ‘find posts from his friends that oppose the US'

A Lebanese freshman student beginning classes at Harvard University next month was deported on Friday night after he was “deemed inadmissible” by US immigration officials during an inspection at Boston Logan International Airport.

Ismail Ajjawi, 17, said in a written statement obtained by the Harvard Crimson that he was subjected to hours of interrogation by US Customs and Border Protection officials who also searched through his phone and computer devices.

After several other international students questioned by CBP officials were allowed to leave the airport that night, the teen said he was instead further pressed about his religious views and practices in Lebanon.

At one point, an official allegedly began “screaming” at Ismail after finding posts online from his friends with “political points of view that oppose the US,” according to his statement obtained by the newspaper.

"I responded that I have no business with such posts and that I didn't like, share or comment on them and told her that I shouldn't be held responsible for what others post,” he wrote. “I have no single post on my timeline discussing politics.”

Harvard has since announced in a statement it was working with officials and the student’s family towards the goal of having him “join his classmates in the coming days”.

The university reportedly employs teams to resolve visa-related issues at the Harvard International Office, which has been in contact with Ismail.

The teen is also a recipient of a scholarship from Amideast, a non-profit group that has begun providing him with legal aid.

In a statement, US Customers and Border Protection spokesperson Michael McCarthy declined to specify what information led officials to deem the teenage student inadmissible to the country.

“Applicants must demonstrate they are admissible into the U.S. by overcoming ALL grounds of inadmissibility including health-related grounds, criminality, security reasons, public charge, labour certification, illegal entrants and immigration violations, documentation requirements, and miscellaneous grounds," he told the Harvard Crimson. "This individual was deemed inadmissible to the United States based on information discovered during the CBP inspection.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-freshman-deported-officials-posts-204717194.html

Guys, please be careful with your social media activities, discussions, debates, comments (political, economic which includes views about fraud, international, cultural, religious) especially if you have any plans of studying or visiting the US. Do you know the funny thing about this young man's case? The comments were that of his friends on social media, not even his own comments but because he was friends with them, he got caught in the web.

While you may scale through the interview and think you are good, the US continues with their background checks, combing through everything they can access. Students are getting turned away at the POE for stuff like this in their droves and it is no joke. Don't ruin your future because of reckless comments, likes, shares or having friends use your page to promote anything deemed unacceptable to the US.

He who has ears let him hear!

My 2cents.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yeechi: 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Sosao:
Mine has been issued ooo
Thank God
Wait is over

Congratulations!!was your bank finally contacted?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
I have no idea
Yeechi:

Congratulations!!was your bank finally contacted?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by easywork2019: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
please, anyone with GRE material. I have an exam coming up. help !!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by easywork2019: 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2019
please House, anyone with GRE material or best online resources to use to get a good score. My exam is fast approaching help !!! here is my email workeasy423@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yeechi: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
Sosao:
I have no idea

Ok.still waiting for mine to be updated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SOPWriter: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
Roland17:
Harvard freshman deported after officials ‘find posts from his friends that oppose the US'

A Lebanese freshman student beginning classes at Harvard University next month was deported on Friday night after he was “deemed inadmissible” by US immigration officials during an inspection at Boston Logan International Airport.

Ismail Ajjawi, 17, said in a written statement obtained by the Harvard Crimson that he was subjected to hours of interrogation by US Customs and Border Protection officials who also searched through his phone and computer devices.

After several other international students questioned by CBP officials were allowed to leave the airport that night, the teen said he was instead further pressed about his religious views and practices in Lebanon.

At one point, an official allegedly began “screaming” at Ismail after finding posts online from his friends with “political points of view that oppose the US,” according to his statement obtained by the newspaper.

"I responded that I have no business with such posts and that I didn't like, share or comment on them and told her that I shouldn't be held responsible for what others post,” he wrote. “I have no single post on my timeline discussing politics.”

Harvard has since announced in a statement it was working with officials and the student’s family towards the goal of having him “join his classmates in the coming days”.

The university reportedly employs teams to resolve visa-related issues at the Harvard International Office, which has been in contact with Ismail.

The teen is also a recipient of a scholarship from Amideast, a non-profit group that has begun providing him with legal aid.

In a statement, US Customers and Border Protection spokesperson Michael McCarthy declined to specify what information led officials to deem the teenage student inadmissible to the country.

“Applicants must demonstrate they are admissible into the U.S. by overcoming ALL grounds of inadmissibility including health-related grounds, criminality, security reasons, public charge, labour certification, illegal entrants and immigration violations, documentation requirements, and miscellaneous grounds," he told the Harvard Crimson. "This individual was deemed inadmissible to the United States based on information discovered during the CBP inspection.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-freshman-deported-officials-posts-204717194.html

Guys, please be careful with your social media activities, discussions, debates, comments (political, economic which includes views about fraud, international, cultural, religious) especially if you have any plans of studying or visiting the US. Do you know the funny thing about this young man's case? The comments were that of his friends on social media, not even his own comments but because he was friends with them, he got caught in the web.

While you may scale through the interview and think you are good, the US continues with their background checks, combing through everything they can access. Students are getting turned away at the POE for stuff like this in their droves and it is no joke. Don't ruin your future because of reckless comments, likes, shares or having friends use your page to promote anything deemed unacceptable to the US.

He who has ears let him hear!

My 2cents.
Useful piece of information!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
waynee2baba:

Baba just send me your tuition and app fee, I go teach you Queen's English... shebi you want American Studies too? I go add bonus course sef - Wakanda Knowledge and Technology grin
Lmao
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
user4321:

I'm tired of seeing this actually. First of all what school did you attend, and what course did you study?. Did you never use the internet?. Did you never try self studying?. Did you never compare curriculum?. Did you never try to understand one thing you ever studied?. I find this awkwardly funny because, my classmates and I used to look through PhD qualifying exams of some B rated state schools in America and find that the questions were familiar, and some easy to solve. Now, not because we were geniuses of any sort, but because sometimes we went just a tiny inch overboard to do some self learning. I've looked at curriculum, I've seen past exam questions, and I don't believe this nonsense of buddha level knowledge required for graduate school (except of course , everybody decides to be you grin). The only thing we miss is intensive practical sessions (as we don't have the tools); but trust me if it's theoretical knowledge, then if you're lagging behind it's your fault. I know someone would like to blame Nigerian Lecturers; but knowing the state of affairs and refusing to help yourself by teaching yourself is just misplaced priorities.
Except you're doing Representation theory, and P-adic Forms in your first week of grad school, don't come here and blow inanities please cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bros calm down na... They've not said they'll cope na
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
easywork2019:
please, anyone with GRE material. I have an exam coming up. help !!!!
Drop your email address let me send you some sir/ma
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2019
Chai, couldn't believe my eyes , come see as I shouted

VISA ISSUED after 20 days AP

God is faithful

20 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
Roland17:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2019
Pharmz:
Chai, couldn't believe my eyes , come see as I shouted

VISA ISSUED after 20 days AP

God is faithful

Congratulations man
20days no be joke

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
SpaceAdenle:
Guys, my interview is on Thursday and am so tensed. Kindly advise me on preparation based on the latest interviews. I am going to the consulate in Lagos. Time is 6:45am and the VO is 8. Am going to Michigan Technological University to gain masters in Applied Physics. No scholarship by the school but possible scholarship by the supervisor who has already shown serious interest.
Thanks as I await ample and candid advise.

I hope this is not coming late just as I hope you won't experience what befell me yesterday at the Lagos embassy. Denial was utterly rampant, I saw only one approval, of course for the different classes of non Immigrant visas. This is not to scare you. You can get yours with ease. Like walex57 rightly accentuated, do your research well, go through a lot of transcripts.

Although some cases are sui generis those questions he listed are quite prevalent for the F1 class. Be confident, bold, and respond intelligently. I was also for MichiganTech, I'll strongly implore you to know the details of your SOA and why they are the way they are.

My case was unique, the VO asked me to explain my sponsor's SOA, why monies were credited and debited for the way they were. I was denied yesterday for no good cause. I hope to drop my transcript soon.

Above all, be aboveboard as its only God that's the board of director. He determines everything. Wishing you that white paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by easywork2019: 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2019
Please, anyone with GRE materials should email or forward it to me.

workeasy423@gmail.com

I will appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by onihaxy: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good luck to everyone

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oguibe2nice: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hadassah777:
ISSUED OOOO
After 40days on AP
God is faithful

Issued after 64 days on AP..
Finally, it ended with praise.. Thanks so much Hadassah 777.. You're very phenomenal..

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by easywork2019: 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
anyone with GRE material should email me please workeasy423@gmail.com HELP HELP.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TeamJosh: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Ofc he was racially profiled. Would they do this to an #ffffff[/b]student coming in to study? Upon their policies, kids still shoot up their schools and go crazy. Australia does this too... once they see you're [b]#000000 or #654321, they'd condescend so low as to going through your WhatsApp conversations. Smh

Imagine I can't even get any useful info or tip from this write-up. A whole me, like I don't even understand English again. Oga o.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
onihaxy:
Our education system back in naija is so bleeped that we see our lecturers as semi god whom we couldn't approach or look up to, we can't even talk to them let alone asking questions. They created so much fear in us that we lost our minds completely.

At the beginning of a term and my instructor gives feedback on assignment submitted. That I was shocked is an understatement, I was totally surprised that I had to ask the senior students if this is real and i was laughed at.

They were like, here in the states, you can approach your instructors anytime, you can mail your instructors anytime you aren't clear with anything, in fact, the instructors here will send you emails as reminder for your tests and assignments.

My people, I don't know when tears dropped from my eyes cos I never got this treatment in Akungba. My lecturers were so mean that you can't even look into their eyeballs.

Goodluck to every applicant at various stages of this admission. Do us proud anywhere you find yourself and stay out of crime. One love
May God help us.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
TeamJosh:

Imagine I can't even get any useful info or tip from this write-up. A whole me, like I don't even understand English again. Oga o.

Lmao if only you had Googled those hex codes, you would have decoded. Sometimes, one doesn't need to say certain things in black and white for you to grab. wink

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
walex57:

Bros go and renew your passport ASAP! infact choose an expedited process for renewal if it's available because they will not allow you in come January 2020, at the POE. you need at least 6 months validity left on your passport at the port of entry not when applying for a Visa.
Renew your passport, go for your interview in December and if all works out well fly out December or January to resume school on time.

okay, thank you bro, I will do that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
AgreatMan:

Stop listening to all these Dem say...Dem say. I renewed my last passport 11 or 12 months before expiration but I understand situations were different. But your current situation definitely warrants a new passport. Go and start the process fast as I heard that this new passport thing is taking a bit longer than before.

Okay. bro Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TeamJosh: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2019
waynee2baba:

Lmao if only you had Googled those hex codes, you would have decoded. Sometimes, one doesn't need to say certain things in black and white for you to grab. wink
Haq haq haq... you duno, you don't know what is going on... Limao
grin grin waynee2baba he whom his typical replies I look forward to grin

If only you had added this piece, it would have been easier. Sometimes the 1+1 information is only what we need not extra palava.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gracelove82(f): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
Am new here and I will need alot of guidance from you guys. I would like to know university that do direct nursing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
TeamJosh:

Haq haq haq... you duno, you don't know what is going on... Limao
grin grin waynee2baba he whom his typical replies I look forward to grin

If only you had added this piece, it would have been easier. Sometimes the 1+1 information is only what we need not extra palava.

Lmao I see you my g

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.