Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,678 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362897 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by itunes18(f): 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
Congratulations

Sosao:
Mine has been issued ooo
Thank God
Wait is over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
Thank you dear
itunes18:
Congratulations

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by taiwoDisu: 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good evening everyone, this is my first post ever on this platform. I got an admission to study at Wayne county community college, I have my admission letter and the I20 form too. About to book an interview session, as resumption is for January 2020. I am a graduate, but I see this as an opportunity. I really need advice on my chances and any other info that would be helpful. Appreciate �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
taiwoDisu:
Good evening everyone, this is my first post ever on this platform. I got an admission to study at Wayne county community college, I have my admission letter and the I20 form too. About to book an interview session, as resumption is for January 2020. I am a graduate, but I see this as an opportunity. I really need advice on my chances and any other info that would be helpful. Appreciate �

Why will a graduate want to go to community college..... it might be difficult to convince a Vo

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
juliouze:

Congratulations man
20days no be joke

Thanks man
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by elephantswimmin: 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
Lol true! Dude should go chill with wifey and leave arguments alone... This guy fit dey bash all Nigerians in presence of him oyibo wife o! Lol
waynee2baba:
Oya TWoods e don do. Go and meet your American wife in the other room, live up to your name.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wizzyosi11: 12:27am On Aug 29, 2019
ISSUED TRANSCRIPT
I am so sorry this is coming late almost 2weeks overdue.

STATS
Standardized test; GRE
Funding: (in-state tuition)

Interview: 18th July (Abuja Embassy)
Status updated: 14th August
Issued: 16th August

VO: Good morning, welcome to the United States of America, pass me ur passport and i20
Me: Good morning Sir (passed document)

VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me: Yes I have

VO: Where is the Visa Stamp on your passport and what did you go there to do
Me: The stamp should be on page 4 or so of my passport (flips through and saw the Visa stamp) and I went for a Scientific Conference as a Student Leader

VO: So you are going to Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Me: Yes Sir

VO: How do you intend funding this degree
Me: I got a scholarship qualifing me for a non-resident tuition waiver and my Aunt would cover for the rest

VO: Do you have any financial evidence, bear in mind if you give me a fraudulent document u'll be ban from the US for life
Me: Yes I do, hands over bank statements in USDollars (VO goes through the statement and gave me back the bank statement)

VO: I'll be approving your Visa (hands over the 2white papers and a yellow paper where he ticked "Supplemental questions by email), I will send you a document to fill and submit online,Please confirm ur email address
Me: Thank you, my email is ...............

I left the embassy giving thanks to God, I am now in the US and have started lectures, at the POE (I was asked few questions like how many courses I will be taking this fall, how much I had on me and where I will be staying in Texas), the US is quite organized, my school is big and awesome, we have a handful of international students too.

RECOMMMENDATIONS:
1. Never underestimate God's grace in this process, Pray like you never prepared and prepare like you never prayed
2. Ask Questions from people that have crossed the path no matter how stupid they might sound (with regards to this, please feel free to ask me your questions)
3. Prepare very well and early enough; give the GRE, TOEFL or any other relevant exams, secure funding no matter how small (Applying early to schools with good GRE scores increases funding opportunities)
4. Stay Focused and DON'T BE DISCOURAGED (I was discouraged by some persons because I had a US bank Statement and was once denied a B1 Visa to attend a conference)
5. During the Interview; Be confident and honest (In addition to your answers, VOs lay emphasis on you demeanour too)...prepare well!

.....Special thanks to @fairheart and to everyone for ur contributions I learnt from them
I have been a silent follower, I'll try to be more active and contribute when necessary

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:06am On Aug 29, 2019
Congrats

Sosao
Swerveking
Hadassah77
Stavanos
Dwilliams707
Oguibe
Pharmz
Oguibe2nice

I am so happy for you all grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SOPWriter: 6:24am On Aug 29, 2019
Pharmz:
Chai, couldn't believe my eyes , come see as I shouted

VISA ISSUED after 20 days AP

God is faithful

Congratulation!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SOPWriter: 6:43am On Aug 29, 2019
taiwoDisu:
Attending a Community College as a graduate is more like a diminished valued action, as Lagosismyhome had said, "it might be difficult to convince the VO", nonetheless, there's nothing impossible.

Read transcripts of the few persons who got their VISA approved; they are on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SOPWriter: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2019
Wizzyosi11:
ISSUED TRANSCRIPT
I am so sorry this is coming late almost 2weeks overdue.

STATS
Standardized test; GRE
Program; MPH
Funding: 10k (in-state tuition)
Deficit: 22k (tuition and others)

Interview: 18th July (Abuja Embassy)
Status updated: 14th August
Issued: 16th August

VO: Good morning, welcome to the United States of America, pass me ur passport and i20
Me: Good morning Sir (passed document)

VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me: Yes I have, to Beirut

VO: Where is the Visa Stamp on your passport and what did you go there to do
Me: The stamp should be on page 4 or so of my passport (flips through and saw the Visa stamp) and I went for a Scientific Conference as a Student Leader

VO: You are a Dentist so why are you going for an MPH at this time
Me: In the course of my practice, I lost a patient to a preventable oral health pathology and this impacted greatly on my.....(cuts in)

VO: So you are going to Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Me: Yes Sir, Texas A&M College Station

VO: How do you intend funding this degree
Me: I got a scholarship qualifing me for a non-resident tuition waiver and my Aunt would cover for the rest

VO: Do you have any financial evidence, bear in mind if you give me a fraudulent document u'll be ban from the US for life
Me: Yes I do, hands over bank statements in USDollars (VO goes through the statement and gave me back the bank statement)

VO: I'll be approving your Visa (hands over the 2white papers and a yellow paper where he ticked "Supplemental questions by email), I will send you a document to fill and submit online,Please confirm ur email address
Me: Thank you, my email is ...............

I left the embassy giving thanks to God, I am now in the US and have started lectures, at the POE (I was asked few questions like how many courses I will be taking this fall, how much I had on me and where I will be staying in Texas), the US is quite organized, my school is big and awesome, we have a handful of international students too.

RECOMMMENDATIONS:
1. Never underestimate God's grace in this process, Pray like you never prepared and prepare like you never prayed
2. Ask Questions from people that have crossed the path no matter how stupid they might sound (with regards to this, please feel free to ask me your questions)
3. Prepare very well and early enough; give the GRE, TOEFL or any other relevant exams, secure funding no matter how small (Applying early to schools with good GRE scores increases funding opportunities)
4. Stay Focused and DON'T BE DISCOURAGED (I was discouraged by some persons because I had a US bank Statement and was once denied a B1 Visa to attend a conference)
5. During the Interview; Be confident and honest (In addition to your answers, VOs lay emphasis on you demeanour too)...prepare well!

.....Special thanks to @fairheart and to everyone for ur contributions I learnt from them
I have been a silent follower, I'll try to be more active and contribute when necessary
Congratulation!
I am happy for you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2019
VISA ISSUED :27th of August,2019
Interview date : 23rd of August,2019

BSc Chemistry
SECOND DEGREE
School: Coppin State University Baltimore Maryland
INTERVIEW LOCATION: LAGOS
Window 2

My interview was short. I didn't go with my ds-160, appointment letter and GTB visa RECEIPT (please don't make this mistake. I was charged ₦2000 per page to print those documents).

Apart from the usual goosebumps I get whenever I read Nairaland gist, I was worried with 2 things. The mistake on my i-20 and reason why I'm going for second degree. I finally figured out how to go about the i-20 issue but that other part won't just leave my head.

I Sha prepared transcript like 5/6 times .My appointment was 6:45am but I was interviewed 10:15am. Venue was Lagos. I didn't go with ds-160, appointment letter and GTB visa RECEIPT so I had to print them at the embassy. A copy was ₦2000. Everything was 8k but I gave the guy 6k (after interview�of course). I took another passport photo there ₦1500/6 copies (I'm still asking myself why because they didn't collect even 1 copy). I was the ONLY ADULT with hijab then 2 small kids. I did my biometric then went to the interview hall. I was directed to window 10 to scan my passport and the lady there was like I should go and snap a passport photo showing my ears,whole face and neck. I told her it wasn't necessary since the picture on my international passport is with full hijab and I was able to upload similar photo too while filling my ds160. Then she said I should go to window 12. still a woman, Nigerian. She said the same thing and I repeated my words again then she called the attention of an old white man and explained to him. He said no problem that she should go on with it (I was just smiling like a kid they gave chocolate�). I was then directed to window 7 for finger print. After that I joined the interview queue. Everyone was just suprise cus I was the only one that dressed in a different way (what's my own there I was just reciting اللهم لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلا وأنت تجعل الحزن إذا شءت سهلا).

The VO was a young guy 20+. He refused the family before me. Then it was my turn. That was how my legs refused to move...then this big smile just came and he was like I should move forward. The VO was really blushing �

VO: hey! Good morning come come (with a biggggggg smile)
Me: Good morning sir

VO: pass your passport and i-20
Me: passed it

VO: so where are you going in the USA?
Me: I'm going to the USA specifically Coppin State University Baltimore for a degree in chemistry

VO: okay okay good. Do you have a scholarship?
Me: yes I do but it doesn't reflect on the i-20 because I will need to complete my application before it can be effective. Reason why I presented my dad's statement of account when applying cus it was part of the documents I sent to the school.

VO (really nodding hard) what does your dad do?
Me: he's the Director of Crown oil . Crown oil deals with production and sales of engine oil for machine part. He's also the one in charge of the family land and properties. This is the certificate of occupancy for one of his houses in Lagos.

VO: can I see it?
Me: yes sure (passed)

While he was going through I quickly said.
Me: he's also one of the high Chiefs in Ikoyi (point at the Chief infront of his name) that's the reason for that Chief infront of his name there.

VO: (typed for a while) so you worked at University of Lagos with Dr...
Me (immediately) yes! Dr Adeyemo (he nods) we worked on a project which was published last year. Antioxidants Capacity of lemongrass and organic compound present.(this was my project topic)

VO: wow!!!! Tell me more about it (already going for the white paper)
Me: I got 5 different samples from different forest in Nigeria then I planted in the school garden. After it matured, I ploughed and did extraction after which I carried out analysis using dpph assay then I used a spectrometer to find out the organic compound present (my voice was shaking here because I wanted to explain all what I did for project)

VO: that's really good. I'll be approving your Visa. On this paper is where you will get your passport back within 3/4 working days. congratulations and enjoy your stay in the USA.
ME: Yeah thank you so much sir
(Collected my documents with AlhamdulliLlah and walked out)

It was as if everyone was just waiting for my session. Everywhere was quite. I was scared on my way out because it was just shocking. All the questions I've prepared!. I wanted to ditch the interview a week to my appointment. I can only say AlhamdulliLlah it was Allah all the way�. When I came out smiling everyone infront of the gate couldn't believe it. They were just looking at me chai!. AlhamdulliLlah sha

I really want to appreciate everyone. All the transcripts was very helpful. Walepepe,time2win,lagosIsmyhome ,Everyone. I wish everyone that's expecting good news and those of us already approved and issued won't face any problem beyond us. Best of luck!!!?!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:45am On Aug 29, 2019
Maryam3:

Congrats ....... May Allah bless your new journey

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 8:46am On Aug 29, 2019
congrats
Maryam3:

BSc Chemistry
SECOND DEGREE
Window 2

My interview was short. I didn't go with my ds-160, appointment letter and GTB visa RECEIPT (please don't make this mistake. I was charged ₦2000 per page to print those documents).

Apart from the usual goosebumps I get whenever I read Nairaland gist, I was worried with 2 things. The mistake on my i-20 and reason why I'm going for second degree. I finally figured out how to go about the i-20 issue but that other part won't just leave my head.

I Sha prepared transcript like 5/6 times .My appointment was 6:45am but I was interviewed 10:15am. Venue was Lagos. I didn't go with ds-160, appointment letter and GTB visa RECEIPT so I had to print them at the embassy. A copy was ₦2000. Everything was 8k but I gave the guy 6k (after interview�of course). I took another passport photo there ₦1500/6 copies (I'm still asking myself why because they didn't collect even 1 copy). I was the ONLY ADULT with hijab then 2 small kids. I did my biometric then went to the interview hall. I was directed to window 10 to scan my passport and the lady there was like I should go and snap a passport photo showing my ears,whole face and neck. I told her it wasn't necessary since the picture on my international passport is with full hijab and I was able to upload similar photo too while filling my ds160. Then she said I should go to window 12. still a woman, Nigerian. She said the same thing and I repeated my words again then she called the attention of an old white man and explained to him. He said no problem that she should go on with it (I was just smiling like a kid they gave chocolate�). I was then directed to window 7 for finger print. After that I joined the interview queue. Everyone was just suprise cus I was the only one that dressed in a different way (what's my own there I was just reciting اللهم لا سهل إلا ما جعلته سهلا وأنت تجعل الحزن إذا شءت سهلا).

The VO was a young guy 20+. He refused the family before me. Then it was my turn. That was how my legs refused to move...then this big smile just came and he was like I should move forward. The VO was really blushing �

Me: I'm going to the USA specifically Coppin State University Baltimore for a degree in chemistry

Me: yes I do but it doesn't reflect on the i-20 because I will need to complete my application before it can be effective. Reason why I presented my dad's statement of account when applying cus it was part of the documents I sent to the school.

Me: he's the Director of Crown oil . Crown oil deals with production and sales of engine oil for machine part. He's also the one in charge of the family land and properties. This is the certificate of occupancy for one of his houses in Lagos.

Me: he's also one of the high Chiefs in Ikoyi (point at the Chief infront of his name) that's the reason for that Chief infront of his name there.

Me (immediately) yes! Dr Adeyemo (he nods) we worked on a project which was published last year. Antioxidants Capacity of lemongrass and organic compound present.(this was my project topic)

Me: I got 5 different samples from different forest in Nigeria then I planted in the school garden. After it matured, I ploughed and did extraction after which I carried out analysis using dpph assay then I used a spectrometer to find out the organic compound present (my voice was shaking here because I wanted to explain all what I did for project)

VO: that's really good. I'll be approving your Visa. On this paper is where you will get your passport back within 3/4 working days. congratulations and enjoy your stay in the USA.

It was as if everyone was just waiting for my session. Everywhere was quite. I was scared on my way out because it was just shocking. All the questions I've prepared!. I wanted to ditch the interview a week to my appointment. I can only say AlhamdulliLlah it was Allah all the way�. When I came out smiling everyone infront of the gate couldn't believe it. They were just looking at me chai!. AlhamdulliLlah sha

I really want to appreciate everyone. All the transcripts was very helpful. Walepepe,time2win,lagosIsmyhome ,Everyone. I wish everyone that's expecting good news and those of us already approved and issued won't face any problem beyond us. Best of luck!!!?!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone
Please I want to know. Is GRE scores always sent from the exam center directly to the school of interest.
Or do I have to input the score myself during my application
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TeamJosh: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2019
Maryam3:

BSc Chemistry
SECOND DEGREE
Window 2

Eeeh! This alhaja vibe different o. Kikiki grin "Alhamdulilaih SHA" E shock me. Limao

Wao, good to see this lovely transcript, a very big Congratulations to you grin
More of this to come soonest. I don miss reading transcripts back to back.

I must say this opposite gender interaction work o, I've seen people talk about it, but really this alhaja go fine o, she killed the VO with smile ni sha. Ishokay! grin Alhamdulilaih SHA grin

Although what I could deduce from some transcripts is most of GRACE of God. Preparations is vital but Grace of God is importanter. I urge everyone to put God first. He only can prove the difference. #God first.

Congratulations once again grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shogunley: 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
Congrats
Maryam3:

BSc Chemistry
SECOND DEGREE
Window 2

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Congrats ....... May Allah bless your new journey

Thank you
Aameen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abnice2004: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good morning to all. I have a cousin that is 18 years old. Her profile is
SAT 1320
TOEFL 104
Which school can you recommend for a full undergraduate scholarship with any health related course? GURUS is the House. She's planning against next year fall 2020. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rosemary1295(f): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good noon everyone am new here,a friend suggest this forum to me,I really need your help on getting any materials that could help me prepare very well for my up coming GRE test,this September.....I'll be grateful if anyone here could help me out,Your reply is urgently needed help a sister in need pls... here's my email onyinyechi1922@gmail.com.... Thanks!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mzruffy: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Pls I need Gre materials too welerofiat95@gmail.com
juliouze:

Drop your email address let me send you some sir/ma
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Maryam3:

BSc Chemistry
SECOND DEGREE
Window 2

Big Congratulations to you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oddybabs(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Good afternoon all, please I want to pay for application fee to an institution in the US and the two payments options are either through credit card or Western Union, so I chose Western Union since I don't have credit card. I visited the bank to pay via Western Union and was told I can't do that except I have a domiciliary account. Someone told me I can give the naira equivalence of the dollar amount and then request they should help me use someone who has domiciliary account to pay. When I returned to the bank, they said that's not possible and the pay voucher which I generated on 26/8/19 will expire tomorrow 30/8/19.. someone experienced should please advise me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tosin18: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
I used StanbicIBTC Bank mastercard with a naira acct and it worked perfectly. I decided to try it as I didn't have a credit card
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Megagens: 5:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
Alhaji
olasijiayo:
congrats
Alhaja is over excited. We can see it even in your transcript. Congrats once more!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
Please, is there anyone going to or in minnesota presently..... Need a help on house rent.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.