Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,279 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357442 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by d0pekellz(m): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
kallowdean:
Like I said:
In the name of God & giving back to my community (my root) irrespective of the status of anyone, I will be paying application fees for at least 5 different students (For now; Graduate students only). Below is the release of the criteria for this selection.
These are for the students targetting Fall of 2020.

Few Criteria:
Must be a STEM Course (Google meaning of STEM if it is a new word to you)
The undergraduate course must in a way be related to the applied graduate course.
The University/College must be at least within reputable, not community college.
Must be able to show a GRE score (the actual score itself isn't relevant to me, but must be an average score)
Must be enrolling for Fall (August 2020)
The application fee must not exceed $60 (Only 5 students are on my budget for now)
First come first serve basis based on complying with the Criteria.

I WILL NOW SAY Good Luck.
I would like to be considered. can i pm you? or how do one submit entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nmicky(m): 11:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
kallowdean:
Like I said:
In the name of God & giving back to my community (my root) irrespective of the status of anyone, I will be paying application fees for at least 5 different students (For now; Graduate students only). Below is the release of the criteria for this selection.

Few Criteria:
The undergraduate course must in a way be related to the applied graduate course.
The University/College must be at least within reputable, not community college.
Must be able to show a GRE score (the actual score itself isn't relevant to me, but must be an average score)
The application fee must not exceed $60 (Only 5 students are on my budget for now)

i would loved to be considered for this. i do actually meet ur requirements. considering a Phd at NMSC. how do i forward my academic background to you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:40am On Nov 24, 2019
arTiculaTe01:
I noticed something awkward here...

Even after bringing to the notice of the VO that full funding (+stipends) was offered, the VO still went on to ask "who is your sponsor"?

Is that normal?

Yes, it's normal, with funding, there might still be some deficits in your i20. Even with no deficit, the VO can still ask who your sponsor is because you'd still need funds to book flight and money to settle down before the stipends start kicking in.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 12:57am On Nov 24, 2019
Please I’m interested sir. Can I pm you?
kallowdean:
Like I said:

Few Criteria:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kallowdean(m): 1:37am On Nov 24, 2019
PM me
nmicky:

i would loved to be considered for this. i do actually meet ur requirements. considering a Phd at NMSC. how do i forward my academic background to you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kallowdean(m): 1:38am On Nov 24, 2019
PM me
Neeta02:
Please I’m interested sir. Can I pm you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lyrondee: 4:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Good morning Nairaland! Been a minute cry

Congratulations to those who already got their visas for the spring semester! And Good luck to others yet to! Let FAITH be the driving force behind all our preparations.

Anyone coming to the Atlanta area?? Lets hook up wink

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by davyx: 4:34am On Nov 24, 2019
Thanks so much for your great concern, I am interested sir, I have written GRE last month and I intend applying to Auburn University for MSc in industrial Engineering for 2020. Can I kindly PM you sir for the necessary details needed. God bless you sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by davyx: 4:36am On Nov 24, 2019
kallowdean:
Like I said:

Few Criteria:

Thanks so much for your great concern, I am interested sir, I have written GRE last month and I intend applying to Auburn University for MSc in industrial Engineering for 2020. Can I kindly PM you sir for the necessary details needed. God bless you sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shams040(m): 5:06am On Nov 24, 2019
Dear All,

Trust you are doing good. Please how best can I get waiver for English and GRE test for Ph.D.

Got:B.Sc Urban and regional Planning
M.Sc by research in view Civil and Env. Engineering.

1 book chapter published.
2 Review Articles -under review 6.1 and 8.1 ISI impact factor journal
4 Experimental still writing and to be published in high impact factor as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheEclat: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2019
Hello all, i’ve been an observer for quite a while.I have been denied twice,I’m weighing my options and wondering if I should reapply.
On both occasions, no documents were checked.
Tuition is $35k no funding
Sponsor: fiancé
I’m beginning to feel the sponsor might be the issue, because that’s usually the last question.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by folmus: 7:21am On Nov 24, 2019
shams040:
Dear All,

Trust you are doing good. Please how best can I get waiver for English and GRE test for Ph.D.

Got:B.Sc Urban and regional Planning
M.Sc by research in view Civil and Env. Engineering.

1 book chapter published.
2 Review Articles -under review 6.1 and 8.1 ISI impact factor journal
4 Experimental still writing and to be published in high impact factor as well.

Why are you dodging the necessary requirements? Even if you find schools, you might be asked at the embassy to prove you are truly a genuine student. @Shams040, go mand write those exams.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by folmus: 7:23am On Nov 24, 2019
TheEclat:
Hello all, i’ve been an observer for quite a while.
I have admission to study MBA at University of Illinois. I have been denied twice,I’m weighing my options and wondering if I should reapply.
I’m beginning to feel the sponsor might be the issue, because that’s usually the last question. Now my Dad is willing to sponsor me (I didn’t involve my parents until the second denial), so I’m considering using my Dad now or both of them.
My concern: would this be a red flag?
Changing my sponsor

Why don't you provide the transcript of your interview for proper guidance?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freudianslip(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2019
Good morning guys.

Do they still allow applicants to bring their passport photo to the embassy if they were unable to upload the photo prior to submission of DS-160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nmicky(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2019
kallowdean:
PM me
Boss i did try PM u directly but its not working
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:05am On Nov 24, 2019
TheEclat:
Hello all, i’ve been an observer for quite a while.
I have admission to study MBA at University of Illinois. I have been denied twice,I’m weighing my options and wondering if I should reapply.
I’m beginning to feel the sponsor might be the issue, because that’s usually the last question. Now my Dad is willing to sponsor me (I didn’t involve my parents until the second denial), so I’m considering using my Dad now or both of them.
My concern: would this be a red flag?
Changing my sponsor

£35k with no funding has a very high chance of falling out of status because that money is no joke in naira....then couple with the fact that the sponsor is Fiance.... it very hard to convince a Vo that you won't fall out of status...a parent would definitely be more credible or target a school with no funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheEclat: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2019
Thank you, I’ll do that in a bit
folmus:

Why don't you provide the transcript of your interview for proper guidance?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheEclat: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for your contribution
LagosismyHome:

£35k with no funding has a very high chance of falling out of status because that money is no joke in naira....then couple with the fact that the sponsor is Fiance.... it very hard to convince a Vo that you won't fall out of status...a parent would definitely be more credible or target a school with no funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheEclat: 10:20am On Nov 24, 2019
V.O : Good morning * pass me your I-20, passport , ds-160 (the document with the barcode).
Me : Good morning *i did as he requested *
V.O : I see you’re going to *reads the name of the school from the I-20*
Me: Yes sir
V.O : mentioned something about being denied in Abuja (I can’t remember exactly how he put it. Me: Yes I was.
V.O : so why this school?
Me: I chose *** because of the global curriculum that aligns with my career goals. Also the school offers me a graduate certification along side the MBA degree without extra course work. The school has an intellectually rich and collaborative learning environment *V.O cuts in*
V.O : Have you been to the school?
Me: No, i’ve never been to the U.S
V.O : Have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me : Yes sir. I’ve been to SA and Dubai thrice.
V.O : who is paying for this degree ?
Me: My fiancé
V.O : what does he do ?
Me: He is a major distributor for **** He has been in business for over 10 years. He has 4 branches within and outside Lagos.
V.O : sorry you do not qualify for.................
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Derailer(m): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2019
kallowdean:
Like I said:

Few Criteria:

Selfless!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
TheEclat:
V.O : Good morning * pass me your I-20, passport , ds-160 (the document with the barcode).
Me : Good morning *i did as he requested *
V.O : I see you’re going to *reads the name of the school from the I-20*
Me: Yes sir
V.O : mentioned something about being denied in Abuja (I can’t remember exactly how he put it. Me: Yes I was.
V.O : so why this school?
Me: I chose *** because of the global curriculum that aligns with my career goals. Also the school offers me a graduate certification along side the MBA degree without extra course work. The school has an intellectually rich and collaborative learning environment *V.O cuts in*
V.O : Have you been to the school?
Me: No, i’ve never been to the U.S
V.O : Have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me : Yes sir. I’ve been to SA and Dubai thrice.
V.O : who is paying for this degree ?
Me: My fiancé
V.O : what does he do ?
Me: He is a major distributor for **** He has been in business for over 10 years. He has 4 branches within and outside Lagos.
V.O : sorry you do not qualify for.................

Why are you hiding your school. Do you realise your school might have been the red flag and not providing the necessary details will not give people the full details to advice you.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
kallowdean:
Like I said:

Few Criteria:

Boss I don send you a PM. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freudianslip(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2019
freudianslip:
Good morning guys.

Do they still allow applicants to bring their passport photo to the embassy if they were unable to upload the photo prior to submission of DS-160?
any idea guys?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fowler12345: 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
Those who had their visa interviews this November should please share their experiences. so as to help those going for their interviews between November and December. Thanks !
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheEclat: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Thank you for your input, I mentioned my school before I was asked to post my transcript.
My school is University of Illinois

solihp:

Why are you hiding your school. Do you realise your school might have been the red flag and not providing the necessary details will not give people the full details to advice you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gozychuks(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
I sent you a mail.
Walspring:
It’s been a while my people here both old and new and also to those who contacted me via email many weeks or months ago asking about discounted offer for TOEFL TEST and GRE TEST and I promised to notify them if I hear from the benevolent guys, am pleased to announce that is available but limited offer and for those who knew within them they can’t afford all the cost but wants to write it to get GA or TA or RA or scholarship.

Kindly notify me back and I will reply even with my busy schedules.

#Onelove
#OneDream
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freudianslip(m): 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2019
Any idea guys?
freudianslip:
Good morning guys.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mzpetite104: 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2019
Because I still have deficit on the i20 form smiley
arTiculaTe01:
I noticed something awkward here...

Even after bringing to the notice of the VO that full funding (+stipends) was offered, the VO still went on to ask "who is your sponsor"?

Is that normal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2019
I sent you a mail. Kindly respond, Thanks.
Walspring:
It’s been a while my people here both old and new and also to those who contacted me via email many weeks or months ago asking about discounted offer for TOEFL TEST and GRE TEST and I promised to notify them if I hear from the benevolent guys, am pleased to announce that is available but limited offer and for those who knew within them they can’t afford all the cost but wants to write it to get GA or TA or RA or scholarship.

Kindly notify me back and I will reply even with my busy schedules.

#Onelove
#OneDream
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Picricchem: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
Thank you so much for this offer. I am highly interested. Prospective MS Chemistry applicant, GRE 304. UG Chemistry Fall 2020. I PM you.

kallowdean:
Like I said:

Few Criteria:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
Congratulations,

Can I send you a private message please..?.. Or I send you an email..
Mzpetite104:
Hi guys..... so have been a silent reader ...I got my visa approved on 20th Nov 2019� at Lagos embassy 8am

I was actually nervous at first and then I saw the good looking VO... so let me drop my transcript

VO: good morning miss
Me: good morning sir, it’s good to see ( with bold smile)

Vo; please pass me your i20 and passport

Me; I did and he was just staring at the form

Vo: where are you going to?

Me; I am going to Illinois state university to obtain my masters in chemistry.

Vo: why ISU?
Me: Aside being offered a GA that fully covers my tuition with a generous monthly stipend , it had a lot more to do with the student faculty relationship that I have built with my potential supervisor , prof ........*****,this experience really made me feel welcome to the school environment.

Vo: who is your sponsor
Me:my uncle

Vo: what does he do
Me: he is the CEO of xxxxxx ventures , his company specializes in marine services which include leasing and serving of marine equipments to shipping companies

Vo: his statement pls
Me; kindly give me a minute sir ( I gave him ... he perused and said the magical words

Vo; I ll be approving your visa..........blablabla... I was just saying thank you sir ... God bless you sir

I wanna say a very big thank you to everyone that shared their transcripts ���God bless y’all .....and all the best to those having their interview soon...�����
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2019
kallowdean:
Like I said:

Few Criteria:

I have responded to your e-mail. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.