Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,436 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357498 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rilwan003: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
dumbiri99:

?
Shawarma please I need your help, I have an appointment in two weeks time at Abuja
My WhatsApp no is 08187208073 please I need help on this and I will forever appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 11:19pm On Nov 24, 2019
Marshalynk:
I send a PM to you, please reply as I really needs to write GRE badly.

I already replied your mail since yesterday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
Gozychuks:
I sent you a mail.

Boss I got your email but yet to reply because or what you sent and I will reply it soon.
Please bear with me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2019
omomayelakesi:
I sent you a mail. Kindly respond, Thanks.
I did that and I responded back to your mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 11:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
To those who sent me mail, I replied all since yesterday and you should all please check your spam or junk box in your email and you will see my reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by auspicie(m): 12:05am On Nov 25, 2019
Congrats
Mzpetite104:
Hi guys..... so have been a silent reader ...I got my visa approved on 20th Nov 2019� at Lagos embassy 8am

I was actually nervous at first and then I saw the good looking VO... so let me drop my transcript

VO: good morning miss
Me: good morning sir, it’s good to see ( with bold smile)

Vo; please pass me your i20 and passport

Me; I did and he was just staring at the form

Vo: where are you going to?

Me; I am going to Illinois state university to obtain my masters in chemistry.

Vo: why ISU?
Me: Aside being offered a GA that fully covers my tuition with a generous monthly stipend , it had a lot more to do with the student faculty relationship that I have built with my potential supervisor , prof ........*****,this experience really made me feel welcome to the school environment.

Vo: who is your sponsor
Me:my uncle

Vo: what does he do
Me: he is the CEO of xxxxxx ventures , his company specializes in marine services which include leasing and serving of marine equipments to shipping companies

Vo: his statement pls
Me; kindly give me a minute sir ( I gave him ... he perused and said the magical words

Vo; I ll be approving your visa..........blablabla... I was just saying thank you sir ... God bless you sir

I wanna say a very big thank you to everyone that shared their transcripts ���God bless y’all .....and all the best to those having their interview soon...�����

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tunddy(m): 1:45am On Nov 25, 2019
Please is it posible to know the next available appointment date before applying for a visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gozychuks(m): 6:04am On Nov 25, 2019
Okay. Thanks.
Walspring:

Boss I got your email but yet to reply because or what you sent and I will reply it soon.
Please bear with me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 7:32am On Nov 25, 2019
Good morning house please I have a question if a person gets denied twice but You know the reason why you was denied and re-apply again correcting that mistake is it a red flag you applying again ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2019
Please will I need to bring a sponsor's SOA even when I have a full tuition waiver and stipend that covers all cost of living?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:59am On Nov 25, 2019
Mosminic:
Please will I need to bring a sponsor's SOA even when I have a full tuition waiver and stipend that covers all cost of living?

It most likely will not be the key focus since you have funding but just take ... even if it's one that has enough to cover flight tickets and prepare for that question .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2019
House help sad God bless
Godiswonderful:
Good morning house please I have a question if a person gets denied twice but You know the reason why you was denied and re-apply again correcting that mistake is it a red flag you applying again ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 10:08am On Nov 25, 2019
Yes u can...
tunddy:
Please is it posible to know the next available appointment date before applying for a visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mzruffy: 10:14am On Nov 25, 2019
Good morning all pls I need to no if I could get a date before Jan 22 for spring am seeing feb 3 I actually got refused nov 6 so what should I do pls because hv already made visa payment because I was seeing Jan 6 before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 10:19am On Nov 25, 2019
Godiswonderful:
House help sad God bless
Applying again is not a red flag

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marshalynk: 11:00am On Nov 25, 2019
Walspring:

I already replied your mail since yesterday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 11:09am On Nov 25, 2019
Lagos ??
Mzruffy:
Good morning all pls I need to no if I could get a date before Jan 22 for spring am seeing feb 3 I actually got refused nov 6 so what should I do pls because hv already made visa payment because I was seeing Jan 6 before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pinkierose: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2019
House, kindly help me what's wrong with these visa interviews, ive been to the embassy twice and got denied.I'm just confused as every details is intact and my D's 160 is correctly filled.

Profile:
Bsc mathematics
Program admitted to: MS computer science, university of Missouri
GA offer: $32k
Deficit: $9920

First interview at abuja embassy Nov 7

What are you going to do in the united states?

I am going to state university to have my masters degree in computer science

When did you graduate?
I graduated in 2016 from university of lagos

What's your highest qualification?

Bachelor of science in mathematics

What have u been doing since then?

After graduation, I went for my national youth service corps,nysc, I worked as a software developer at bleeps tech company and I was retained after my nysc, I'm presently the firm softwafe developer and data analyst.
Vo cuts in,
Who is sponsoring you?
I have a graduate teaching assistance which comes with full tuition waiver and monthly and my aunt will be paying the remaining deficit

Do you have any documents that proves your assistantship?

Me: i requested for it but the department chair told me it is already indicated on my i-20 hence I was not given the offer letter.
VO: come with an offer letter and re-apply. Gives the blue paper.

Fast forward to the second interview Nov 15, same abuja embassy

This time around, the school already sent me the
GA offer letter and some other supporting document for the GA offer.
Me: good morning

VO: Whats ur highest qualification?
Me: Bachelor of science in mathematics
VO: what year did you graduate?
Me: 2016
VO: what have u been doing since then?
Me: After graduation, I went for my national youth service corps,nysc, I worked as a software developer at bleeps tech company and I was retained after my nysc, I'm presently the firm softwafe developer and data analyst.
VO: How old are you?
Me: 28 years
VO: why did u just graduate in 2016?
Me: I graduated from High school in 2007, then I proceeded to university of lagos, 2012 and graduated 2016
VO cuts in:::::
Who is sponsoring you?
Me: I was offered a graduate teaching assistant that comes with full tuition waiver and monthly stipend and my aunt will be paying the remaining deficit
VO picks the i20 and checked for the GA on the i20.( which was boldly written in the i20)
The next thing I heard was:

VO: sorry bla bla bla

She didn't even ask for the documents the previous VO asked me to provide.
Kindly advise me on what to do.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2019
Hello House,

Please i would like to make this enquiry. I was denied the F-1 student visa in the 20th of Nov nd my program is stated to commence dis Spring so I reapplied for another appointment but the date i chose due to available dates is d 3rd of January of which my program commences on the 13th of January while the students orientation starts on d 6th of January.

My main question is, is it safe to stick to the appointment date of 3rd , January knowing dat my school’s orientation program starts on the 6th of January nd ts compulsory for international students or i shld cancel d appointment nd wait reapply for fall 2020?

Your feedbacks will be appreciated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gracilicutes: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Picricchem:
Thank you so much for this offer. I am highly interested. Prospective MS Chemistry applicant, GRE 304. UG Chemistry Fall 2020. I PM you.

please how are you able to archive dis high score am planning to write my own December, please I need guidance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by POP2CECI: 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
Good day House, I’m a new joiner here. I have done part of my homework to select schools based on my profile and I will like experienced members to please assist to review the schools:

Profile:
Aim: Fall 2020
GRE: 298 (I know the score is low but it’s not just easy while one is working in Lagos)
CGPA: 4.78/5.00
Year of Graduation: B.Sc., Information and Communication Technology; a federal University; 2017.
Proposed Degree: M.Sc. Data Science/Data Analytics/Analytics
No related work experience, though I’m taking related courses via Udemy.
Funding is important but I can always find my way around if not available or not enough.

I am looking at applying to 5 - 8 schools maximum.

Schools on my list, I got the information on funding and GRE on their web pages:

1. Wayne State University; Data Science and Business Analytics
2. George Washington University; Data Science

3. University of Southern California; Applied Data Science
4. Georgia State University; Analytics
5. University of Central Florida; Data Analytics

6. University of Rochester; Data Science
7. University of New Hampshire; Analytics
8. George Mason University; Data Analytics Engineering
9. University of Illinois at Springfield; Data Analytics
10. University of North Texas; Data Science
11. South Dakota State University; Data Science

12. University of North Carolina at Charlotte; Data Science and Business Analytics
13. Texas Tech University; Data Science
14. Northeastern University; Data Science
15. Michigan Technological University; Data Science
16. University of Oklahoma; Data Science and Analytics
17. Kansas State University; Data Analytics

Kindly assist to review the schools above, my Ogas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PtBlank: 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2019

Funmi27:
Hello House,

Please i would like to make this enquiry. I was denied the F-1 student visa in the 20th of Nov nd my program is stated to commence dis Spring so I reapplied for another appointment but the date i chose due to available dates is d 3rd of January of which my program commences on the 13th of January while the students orientation starts on d 6th of January.

My main question is, is it safe to stick to the appointment date of 3rd , January knowing dat my school’s orientation program starts on the 6th of January nd ts compulsory for international students or i shld cancel d appointment nd wait reapply for fall 2020?

Your feedbacks will be appreciated!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ekunsgreat: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
Please I want to reapply for visa ..how can I go about it though someone help me before but I want to do it myself now and also my date of resumption is Jan 15 . Please I want to ask the date I would likely get for appointment.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ekunsgreat: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
PtBlank:

Please I want to reapply for visa ..how can I go about it though someone help me before but I want to do it myself now and also my date of resumption is Jan 15 . Please I want to ask the date I would likely get for appointment.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nitdude: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
Fairheart I have been trying to DM you

fairheart:
Try MET in Lagos, around Ogba. You should hit score like 325 with them--if their fee will not make you run grin grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
shams040:
Dear All,

Trust you are doing good. Please how best can I get waiver for English and GRE test for Ph.D.

Got:B.Sc Urban and regional Planning
M.Sc by research in view Civil and Env. Engineering.

1 book chapter published.
2 Review Articles -under review 6.1 and 8.1 ISI impact factor journal
4 Experimental still writing and to be published in high impact factor as well.
You might get an English waiver but that GRE is a necessary evil. It's an icing on this your competitive profile. So no fear, write that exam. Las Las you go dey alright
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shams040(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
calculator123:

You might get an English waiver but that GRE is a necessary evil. It's an icing on this your competitive profile. So no fear, write that exam. Las Las you go dey alright

Thanks ma. The exam is somehow to me because me have forgotten all those maths ooo. Despite the fact that am writing some good publications I still dont feel comfortable seating for the exam.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
shams040:

Thanks ma. The exam is somehow to me because me have forgotten all those maths ooo. Despite the fact that am writing some good publications I still dont feel comfortable seating for the exam.
I am a guy like you oh.
The exam requires 3 months prep with timed tests in between. The maths are something you know but might have forgotten, a brush up here and there won't hurt. Visit the GRE thread to get materials and start prepping.
Success bro!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
calculator123:

I am a guy like you oh.

smiley cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2019
LagosismyHome:

smiley cheesy grin
Mama D Mama, I hail oh.
Thanks for always dropping by to help us achieve our educational goals.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pinkierose: 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
@Lagosismyhome
@time2win
@fairyheart anf other guru in the house
Please kindly help me on this

Pinkierose:
House, kindly help me what's wrong with these visa interviews, ive been to the embassy twice and got denied.I'm just confused as every details is intact and my D's 160 is correctly filled.

Profile:
Bsc mathematics
Program admitted to: MS computer science, university of Missouri
GA offer: $32k
Deficit: $9920

First interview at abuja embassy Nov 7

What are you going to do in the united states?

I am going to state university to have my masters degree in computer science

When did you graduate?
I graduated in 2016 from university of lagos

What's your highest qualification?

Bachelor of science in mathematics

What have u been doing since then?

After graduation, I went for my national youth service corps,nysc, I worked as a software developer at bleeps tech company and I was retained after my nysc, I'm presently the firm softwafe developer and data analyst.
Vo cuts in,
Who is sponsoring you?
I have a graduate teaching assistance which comes with full tuition waiver and monthly and my aunt will be paying the remaining deficit

Do you have any documents that proves your assistantship?

Me: i requested for it but the department chair told me it is already indicated on my i-20 hence I was not given the offer letter.
VO: come with an offer letter and re-apply. Gives the blue paper.

Fast forward to the second interview Nov 15, same abuja embassy

This time around, the school already sent me the
GA offer letter and some other supporting document for the GA offer.
Me: good morning

VO: Whats ur highest qualification?
Me: Bachelor of science in mathematics
VO: what year did you graduate?
Me: 2016
VO: what have u been doing since then?
Me: After graduation, I went for my national youth service corps,nysc, I worked as a software developer at bleeps tech company and I was retained after my nysc, I'm presently the firm softwafe developer and data analyst.
VO: How old are you?
Me: 28 years
VO: why did u just graduate in 2016?
Me: I graduated from High school in 2007, then I proceeded to university of lagos, 2012 and graduated 2016
VO cuts in:::::
Who is sponsoring you?
Me: I was offered a graduate teaching assistant that comes with full tuition waiver and monthly stipend and my aunt will be paying the remaining deficit
VO picks the i20 and checked for the GA on the i20.( which was boldly written in the i20)
The next thing I heard was:

VO: sorry bla bla bla

She didn't even ask for the documents the previous VO asked me to provide.
Kindly advise me on what to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.