Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,562 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362316 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
presiade:

I saw 460k on student universe it dissappeared when I tried booking. I'm on GRA and I know I already missed the deadline to enrol for classes. I'll have to pay late registration fee

Go to emirate, the flight i talked about is back, 486k and it's also back on studentuniverse
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by davisoncrusoe25: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
please o i'm still expecting suggestions for this... kindly help

davisoncrusoe25:
Hello People!

Please can someone suggest how I can get a cosigner for a student loan? I mean is there someone I can pay to act as a cosigner?
I don't have anyone who's a US citizen or permanent resident.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
davisoncrusoe25:
Hello People!

Please can someone suggest how I can get a cosigner for a student loan? I mean is there someone I can pay to act as a cosigner?
I don't have anyone who's a US citizen or permanent resident.

Even US citizens or PR usually dont agree to this except in extremely close relationships ie family members. It is almost impossible to see a stranger that will agree.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jidejado(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
just reading and learning... vision 2021/2022 by God's grace.... God would have parted the Red sea for me... lol.. a nice thread

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Leyemoshood: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
presiade:

I'm in the same situation now. Abeg which is the best, cheapest flight as of today... I need suggestions on where to get very affordable fare <=450k one way. Biko
[quote author=horlahsunbo225 post=85644962]
If the duration of ur program is more than a year...one way tickets will be fine
solihp:

Yes, he can buy a one way ticket, it won't be an issue. Students are allowed to do so
Predstan:

No it's not a problem. Buy one way ticket

Thank you guys, we finally got one for him via Delta Air for about 900k plus. I will share the transcript/testimony and my general opinion about this USA visa later today.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
dsweetest:

Okay, I take it by safe you mean other universities in the US?
Yes
Safe school means schools that are low in ranking comparing to ur academic profile

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Leyemoshood:

Thank you guys, we finally got one for him via Delta Air for about 900k plus. I will share the transcript/testimony and my general opinion about this USA visa later today.

900k ... isnt that too much.
Although why am I helping someone else count their money grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=Leyemoshood post=85649792][/quote]
Man, that's close to 3000 dollars. Chai, that's big.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Maybe they booked return ticket instead of one way
But the money fit make person sweat grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
LagosismyHome:

It might be straight/direct flight or business class grin cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ernestamy: 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello house can someone assist with what a "Description Of professional Experience" is? One of the schools am applying to requested for it...Could it be Resume...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Leyemoshood: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Predstan:

Man, that's close to 3000 dollars. Chai, that's big.

Lol, there's no cheaper alternative cos he has to be in school on/before 14th.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mkabir243(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
solihp:

You can post your previous transcript and profile here so people can tell you what likely went wrong and how to improve on it

Thank you for your response,

See below my transcript.

Vo: Good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: oh you’re going to Minnesota
Me: yes to get a degree in information systems from St. Cloud state university
Vo: do you have someone there?
Me : no
Vo: have you applied for f1 Visa before
Me: yes
Vo: have you married?
Me: no
Vo: so who’s going to be paying for your 30k fee
Me: I told him that I have a scholarship which was half of my tuition fee the 30k was my living expenses and my total tuition fee together and I got 50% scholarship of my tuition fee
Me: I told him my uncle
He immediately denied me
Please were did I go wrong and what can I do to improve my chances of getting the visa on my next interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mosminic:

Yes they require TOEFL

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Someone said earlier that it is waived for Nigerians, Please how sure are you about this information?

Delaware is becoming confusing for me, on my application checklist, I am seeing that TOEFL had been waived. But I just got a mail from my grad coordinator that they need TOEFL. I'm confused.

What can I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
RealTrump:

I got this reply from them 3 days ago. Unfortunately their reply was too late for me, I had already moved on.

Hi, I just tried sending you a mail, a reply will be really appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhayour102: 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello Nairaland. I’m a new member in the house and I have motive to traveling to the USA for my msc

I studied Economics for my undergraduate with a CGPA of 3.48/5.00 (69.6%) and I’m planing to go for my masters in economics. I finished my Nysc 2016 and I haven’t been opportuned to have any working experience.
Gurus in the house I need your advice of the following questions

1)Is there a chance to get a school with full funding or at least part ?
2) What test is required for me course ?

3) is it possible for me to get the student visa without a sponsor? Note; I can try to raise some amount of money myself

I’m a newbie on here I will appreciate any advice and any form of help from anyone. Pls feel free to email me at krose00118@gmail.com
Thanks for taking your time to read through. I look forward to hear from you soon

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Chai so no one is attending Texas a and m university commerce

DBlessedofGod:
Hi, pls is there any Texas A and M university commerce student or prospective student here. I need to find out a few things plsssssssssssss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drealsahmy(m): 3:05am On Jan 10, 2020
Please i would like to know if it's compulsory to submit SAT when applying for undergraduate degree??
or i can just go ahead to submit my high school transcripts and pay application fee.
I am applying to Minot state university and Arkansas state university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 3:41am On Jan 10, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Hi, I just tried sending you a mail, a reply will be really appreciated

Sorry, I don't have access to the email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2020
I'm really sorry about your denails...and why did u change sponsor from DAD to UNCLE..dad is even more convincing...gurus in the house...please help him o
Mkabir243:

See below my transcript.

Me: I told him that I have a scholarship which was half of my tuition fee the 30k was my living expenses and my total tuition fee together and I got 50% scholarship of my tuition fee
He immediately denied me
Please were did I go wrong and what can I do to improve my chances of getting the visa on my next interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 8:10am On Jan 10, 2020
RealTrump:

Sorry, I don't have access to the email.

Okay. Please could you forward that mail to me, so I can send it to my grad coordinator, or who did you mail to get that reply.

Email is: removed

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Okay. Please could you forward that mail to me, so I can send it to my grad coordinator, or who did you mail to get that reply.

Email is:

Thanks in anticipation

Done
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dsweetest(m): 10:29am On Jan 10, 2020
Futuragetty:

If you want to get into an ivy league college, You need to be among the top 75th percentiles. (SAT score of at least 1500+ with Essay 18/24.) That your Waec result is below 3.5.
The average GPA at Stanford is 3.94.

and More reliance Is placed on Test scores and GPA, extra-curricular activities too.
they want the brightest.
in every 100 applicant, only 5 are admitted.
Best wishes!

Thanks for your reply @Futuragetty
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Titidi(f): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2020
presiade:

I'm in the same situation now. Abeg which is the best, cheapest flight as of today... I need suggestions on where to get very affordable fare <=450k one way. Biko.

You can check cheapoair dotcom
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Vo......good morning
Me...good morning sir, no 9offense but being back here brings back memories, but third times the charm right?
Vo..have i interviewed you before? Cos if i had, you'd have to meet someone else..
Me...no sir, but im ready, bring it on..
Vo..why are you going to the us
Me..im going to pursue my mba which would enable pick up a managerial role upon return
Vo..why this school
Me...aside the 5 schools i applied to, uco curriculum is actually tailored to mgt where id be taking core courses like mgt account which centers on using financial information in making efficient mgt decisions
Secondly, id be taking a cohert research project in my final semester on a local industry blah blah blah
Vo, tell me that name of the 5 schools
Me...blah blha blah.
Who's sposinsoring you
Me...my dad..
Vo..what does he do
Me..he's a successful business man, he owns blah blah blah..
Vo...i see you have sponsorship, how did you get it?
Me...i wrote the gre, and my undergraduate performance contributed also..
Vo..what did you score..
Me..296..
Vo..pass me your financial informationn..
Me..passes it
Vo..types for a long time..
Vo..are you married.
Me...im a little to young for that..
Vo..(laughing) how old
Me 24..
Vo..you arent that young..
Me...im not just ready..
Vo..i see you applied to Lincoln
Me...yeah, i was afraid of the gre..
Vo..but no one fails the gre..
Me..as a matter of fact, people do..270 isn't such a good passing score ...
Vo, what do you do
Me...im an accountant in nestle..
Vo..types for the longest of time
Sorry blah blah blah, i even forgot my passport and they had to call me back to pick it up, cos i was very confused

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
eetzdave:
Vo......good morning
Me...good morning sir, no 9offense but being back here brings back memories, but third times the charm right?
Vo..have i interviewed you before? Cos if i had, you'd have to meet someone else..
Me..im going to pursue my mba which would enable pick up a managerial role upon return
Vo..why this school
Me...aside the 5 schools i applied to, uco curriculum is actually tailored to mgt where id be taking core courses like mgt account which centers on using financial information in making efficient mgt decisions
Secondly, id be taking a cohert research project in my final semester on a local industry blah blah blah
Me...blah blha blah.
Who's sposinsoring you
Me...my dad..
Vo..what does he do
Vo..what did you score..
Me..296..
Me..passes it
Vo..are you married.
Vo..(laughing) how old
Me 24..
Me...im not just ready..

Vo, what do you do
Sorry blah blah blah, i even forgot my passport and they had to call me back to pick it up, cos i was very confused

I am not sure why you stated the bold. At the end of the day this is an interview and you should also try to sell your self best ....So many applicants daily so a VO needs to make sure they give the better of all the applicants. For a student , aiming to show that i wont drop out of status due to poor academic , not sure why you would say you are afraid of GRE .

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Thank you..the interview was going so well, before that..what do you suggest i do?
Im supposed to resume on Monday 13th...would it be wise to book another appointment now, the earliest date in nigeria is at abuja, in 8 days time

LagosismyHome:

I am not sure why you stated the bold. At the end of the day this is an interview and you should also try to sell your self best ....So many applicants daily so a VO needs to make sure they give the better of all the applicants. For a student , aiming to show that i wont drop out of status due to poor academic , not sure why you would say you are afraid of GRE .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Defer your admission till fall 2020.

eetzdave:
Thank you..the interview was going so well, before that..what do you suggest i do?
Im supposed to resume on Monday 13th...would it be wise to book another appointment now, the earliest date in nigeria is at abuja, in 8 days time

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
eetzdave:
Vo......good morning
Vo..why this school
Me...blah blha blah.
Who's sposinsoring you
Me...my dad..
Vo..what does he do
Vo..what did you score..
Me..296..
Me..passes it
Vo..are you married.
Vo..(laughing) how old
Me 24..
Me...im not just ready..
Vo, what do you do

Some times over-familiarity isn't the best.

What happened to giving your answers and getting your visa?

All these chit-chats are most definitely not necessary.

Good luck when you apply again.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mkabir243:

See below my transcript.

He immediately denied me

Blood of shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
eetzdave:
Vo......good morning
Vo..why this school
Me...blah blha blah.
Who's sposinsoring you
Me...my dad..
Vo..what does he do
Vo..what did you score..
Me..296..
Me..passes it
Vo..are you married.
Vo..(laughing) how old
Me 24..
Me...im not just ready..
Vo, what do you do

Hope you enjoyed the conversation.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mkabir243:

See below my transcript.

He immediately denied me

Although I dont have any feedback as interview can be subjective... was the scholarship listen on the i20

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.