Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1368093 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LegendHero(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
Seuntolaa:

Congratulations to you.
Please did you submit wes evaluation ?

You don’t need WES evaluation for North Carolina A&T State University. They accept in-house transcript evaluation using Foreigncredit.com or so.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NewAjala(m): 6:35am On Jan 06, 2020
Enasdan:
thanks so much for your suggestions, please I just want to confirm, if you register with them directly at the centre or you pick the seating centre directly from ETS website during your registration? thanks once again.

From ets website

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2020
Make this IRan and US palaba no affect Fall student oo. Trump maka why na?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drealsahmy(m): 11:04am On Jan 06, 2020
Please is there any Minot state university student here??

I'd like to ask some questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drealsahmy(m): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Google HBCU and then check schools under there. They usually have good full ride scholarships. I am not so current anymore on scholarship but I recall HBCU used to be good in that

Please i also looked on affordable schools and Minot state uni is lower, I'd like to know if it's a good school. I'm going for undergrad degree: Comp Sci
If you also know some good uni's you can mention, it will be helpful. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2020
Good Day Guys! Pls is that where anyone here that applied or in UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO. I’ve been getting this error msg since last year Dec when I decided to continue my application. Actually, I was for Spring 2020 before but now I’m about to defer to Fall 2020 due to the delay in my application. But all I see now is this error msg. Ofc, I’ve mailed the Graduate Admission, same talk.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obusuch(m): 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
Good day, please with a BSc in Building (3rd class) and PGD in civil engineering (upper credit) can I apply for a masters program in the US? I graduated about 11years ago
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
obusuch:
Good day, please with a BSc in Building (3rd class) and PGD in civil engineering (upper credit) can I apply for a masters program in the US? I graduated about 11years ago
It gonna be hard small(not impossible), based on my experience US dont recognise or do PGD so the best is to tell us ur CGPA and write standardised test paraventure u can get a conditional masters admission in some schools wit ur Bsc.....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
Moshkom:
Good Day Guys! Pls is that where anyone here that applied or in UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO. I’ve been getting this error msg since last year Dec when I decided to continue my application. Actually, I was for Spring 2020 before but now I’m about to defer to Fall 2020 due to the delay in my application. But all I see now is this error msg. Ofc, I’ve mailed the Graduate Admission, same talk.
from thw screenshot if u havent submit ur application by December 5, u will have to start all over......have u paid the application fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
horlahsunbo225:
from thw screenshot if u havent submit ur application by December 5, u will have to start all over......have u paid the application fee?

I’ve paid the 70$ for the App fee. All I’m left with is just Transcript submission. It was WES that even delayed me.
So what do you think boss?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nigeriaismyhome: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello house happy new year God bless you all
Please I need assistance with this God bless you all
I myself have being sorting out schools but I need opinions from everyone
My profile

—-BSc electrical electronics Engr
Graduated with a 4.0 cgpa ( Enugu state university of science and technology)

GRE—- 316

Prospective course of study —-masters in engineering management

Please house your help would be appreciated on schools that can give full funding God bless you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
drealsahmy:
Please is there any Minot state university student here??

I'd like to ask some questions.
student or prospective student, I’ve sent stuffs there, can we connect ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nigeriaismyhome:
My profile

GRE—- 316

Please house your help would be appreciated on schools that can give full funding God bless you

Love the name grin

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drealsahmy(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2020
thekingofafrica:
student or prospective student, I’ve sent stuffs there, can we connect ?

I mean currently in Minot state uni nw
But if you're prospective and can help no problem.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
drealsahmy:

Please i also looked on affordable schools and Minot state uni is lower, I'd like to know if it's a good school. I'm going for undergrad degree: Comp Sci
If you also know some good uni's you can mention, it will be helpful. Thanks

I dont know anything about Minot State....sorry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
Muleriders:

Firstly, I have never heard of post graduate diploma (PGD) before in the USA, you may need the help of Google search to do your findings.

Secondly. Tier2 Universities are mostly called "safe schools". They are public universities whose minimum admission requirements falls between 2.5/4 and 3/4.0

E.g Southern Arkansas university, alcorn, indiana state University, the list is endless.

Not sure this is what categorizes universities into Tiers. I guess the intensity/size/impacts of research does.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
Moshkom:

I’ve paid the 70$ for the App fee. All I’m left with is just Transcript submission. It was WES that even delayed me.
So what do you think boss?
Email the grad cord with the proof of payment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nigeriaismyhome: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
cheesy grin....thank you ma cheesy
LagosismyHome:

Love the name grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Email the grad cord with the proof of payment

Jeez! How can I get the proof oh!! Like, it’s been long is the payment. Since August I guess.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhayour102: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello Nairaland. I’m a pretty new member in the house and I have motive to traveling to the USA for my msc

I studied Economics for my undergraduate with a CGPA of 3.48/5.00 (69.6%) and I’m planing to go for my masters in economics. I finished my Nysc 2016 and I haven’t been opportuned to have any working experience.
Gurus in the house I need your advice of the following questions

1)Is there a chance to get a school with full funding or at least part ? As I have searched online for schools that offers scholarships but most schools require 3.5/5.00 CGPA
2) What test do I have to write to process the admission

3) is it possible for me to get the student visa without a sponsor? Note; I’m a hustler I can try to raise some amount of money myself

I’m a newbie on here I will appreciate any advice and any form of help from anyone. Pls feel free to email me at krose00118@gmail.com
Thanks for taking your time to read through. I look forward to hear from you soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nigeriaismyhome: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nigeriaismyhome:
My profile

GRE—- 316

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by meritdee(m): 7:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Love the name grin

I thought it was you at first. I was like wait a minute.. lol

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nigeriaismyhome:
My profile

GRE—- 316

Your application is almost too late. One of your recommenders might not comply on time o. You should be looking for schools whose deadline for funding is still open, not a lot of schools are still open by Jan 15.

Also, why are u "scared." Why not try causes in core electrical/power engineering. I feel those might improve your chances for funds compared to management.

Please hurry up. Drop d management thing, type "electrical MSc programs" on Google. Find USnews results and start going down the list of schools one after d other. It is very tedious but u r d best person to help yourself.

Did u write TOEFL?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
Moshkom:

Jeez! How can I get the proof oh!! Like, it’s been long is the payment. Since August I guess.

Check your bank statement online. Your bank should have sent you an email sef.

Better still, check your inbox, d school should have sent you an email that your application was successful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Moshkom:

Well, I am applying to one PhD in that school. Everything is complete including recommendation, just to pay n submit.

And yes, their system was down for about a week in December. But it was smooth after that.

Let's go over this. If u applied for spring 2020, n now you want to transfer d application to fall. That should not be possible going by their words. in essence u r trying to submit a new application n they already said all previously unsubmitted applications will be nulled by Dec 5th. I think you need a new application for fall.

But if d problem is that u are still getting that error message about their system upgrade when u try to apply, u type d program u are applying to here, I will try to see if it is same on my end.

But, the best solution is that u need to grab a hold of their administrative assistant. The grad cord no get that kind time. The completed file is already with admin, they just need to agree that your file will be shown to professors for fall review instead of spring. This this have been an easy thing if d admin assistant was well aware beforehand.

Once u submit your application. You can't go back n say u now want to "transfer" to fall. Nope.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Moshkom:

Check ur mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nigeriaismyhome: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Wow shocked I’m late ....omg
No I didn’t write toefl sir just GRE I’ll do as advised God bless you ..
RealTrump:

Your application is almost too late. One of your recommenders might not comply on time o. You should be looking for schools whose deadline for funding is still open, not a lot of schools are still open by Jan 15.

Also, why are u "scared." Why not try causes in core electrical/power engineering. I feel those might improve your chances for funds compared to management.

Please hurry up. Drop d management thing, type "electrical MSc programs" on Google. Find USnews results and start going down the list of schools one after d other. It is very tedious but u r d best person to help yourself.

Did u write TOEFL?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nigeriaismyhome:

I be your boy o. grin these schools meet your requirements without TOEFL.

North Carolina SU... Jan 9
Washington state u, Pullman. Jan 10
U of Idaho. Feb 1, I believe, check if your program requires Wes evaluation.

Try n submit on or before these dates. Ensure your letters of recommendation does not come in more than a week after d deadline.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nigeriaismyhome: 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
God bless you boss I appreciate your help
God bless
RealTrump:

I be your boy o. grin these schools meet your requirements without TOEFL.

North Carolina SU... Jan 9
Washington state u, Pullman. Jan 10
U of Idaho. Feb 1, I believe, check if your program requires Wes evaluation.

Try n submit on or before these dates. Ensure your letters of recommendation does not come in more than a week after d deadline.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2020
solihp:

You can only apply for visa 120days before your resumption. So calculate it. And yes, February is too soon

Is this on the US embassy website?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nigeriaismyhome:

I won't say you're too late anyway. There are schools that have their priority deadlines in January, February or even March. You just have to do a lot of research and email the graduate coordinator to be sure they have funding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.