Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,321 members, 7,829,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1368117 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mkabir243:
Good Evening everyone please I’m preparing for interview on the 27th of this month I was recently denied on the 13th of last month please I need your assistance on how to go about my next interview, please gurus in the house I really need your help, @ Shawarma, Tegi, Soliph, Tamison

You can post your previous transcript and profile here so people can tell you what likely went wrong and how to improve on it

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2020
congrats,
please when is fall2020 program starting in ncat?

ridsan4real:
Hello everyone,
I got an admission (fall 2020) Msc Agricultural and Environmental Systems at North Carolina A&T University with NO Funding.
I wrote mails to faculty and grad co-ord, and I got this reply from one of the faculty:

Hello Bleep,

First, congrats on your admission. If you are able to secure a visa, I can offer you a Teaching Assistantship in one of my classes. As a TA, you will be paid $8,000/semester but it will be contingent on you getting a visa. I hope this helps.

All the best!

Please, what should I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
I have a question, my school is asking me to submit my SOA, what’s the minimum money that should be available, secondly, can I make use of two account statements belonging to two individuals, myself and my uncle.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zluky: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
thekingofafrica:
I have a question, my school is asking me to submit my SOA, what’s the minimum money that should be available, secondly, can I make use of two account statements belonging to two individuals, myself and my uncle.

Nobody can answer this question because it is vague.. What you need to show is account statement that has a balance which is equal to or greater than the total amount of money in USD that you as the student will spend in a year. This includes tuition and fees plus estimated living expenses which varies depending on the city where the schools is located.

I understand that some schools ask for financial statement during application but it usually does not have any bearing on admission process. You have to find out from the school how that applies to you. Send mail to the program coordinator or whoever.

You should be able to use combined statements.

If TWoods catch you eehn grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
thekingofafrica:

Please which school is that? Figure out the amount of annual tuition and cost of living. These are the two major expenses. You can also find out from your admission counselor or graduate program director.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bamiDee1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
Woow! Sorry bro. Approx 6 months... We're you requested at some point to submit WAEC transcript which caused the long delay or you sent your documents late to WES?

Moshkom:
I was unlucky with WES. I started my Wes journey June 24 or so and ended it Dec 03 or so. Very unlucky unlike many other guys whose own were not up to my ‘period of time’

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Itxibini: 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hello FAM! I'm a new member here. Pls can anyone put me through the process of applying for an undergradute degree in computer engineering in schools at the US
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:29am On Jan 09, 2020
Start with searching for schools in states you would like to study. Explore as much school as possible, note the admission requirements, write the tests if required (SAT), but most importantly, decide when you will like to enroll and start your application in time. As you move on, you will have specific issue that you will need to ask questions to clarify. If you have questions, ask.
Itxibini:
Hello FAM! I'm a new member here. Pls can anyone put me through the process of applying for an undergradute degree in computer engineering in schools at the US

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2020
bamiDee1:
Woow! Sorry bro. Approx 6 months... We're you requested at some point to submit WAEC transcript which caused the long delay or you sent your documents late to WES?

Yeah! Mine was during Waec submission era. The major delay came when my school is to verify my certificate. Like, it took both Wes and my Sch months. Thou, I also had delay during Waec also but the verification of my certificates was the major delay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Leyemoshood: 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello guys, my student got his visa approved on monday and picked it up yesterday. The challenge is getting to school before 14th of January, can he buy a one way ticket because the return ticket is on the high side, would that be a problem with the airline or point of entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Leyemoshood:
Hello guys, my student got his visa approved on monday and picked it up yesterday. The challenge is getting to school before 14th of January, can he buy a one way ticket because the return ticket is on the high side, would that be a problem with the airline or point of entry?

Yes, he can buy a one way ticket, it won't be an issue. Students are allowed to do so
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Leyemoshood:
No it's not a problem. Buy one way ticket
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dsweetest(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello all. Thanks a lot for this thread.

How do you guys see someone getting into an IVY League school like Stanford. I am currently working on writing my SAT. I have 4 A's and 3 C's from my WAEC result. I attended Auchi Polytechnic with an Upper Credit in E/E Eng, though I don't know if I need to use that. I have been involved in biz ever since I left school.

I am currently submitting my WAEC result to WES for evaluation.

What should be my next step?

Also, does anyone have any idea about the fees?

Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
Leyemoshood:
If the duration of ur program is more than a year...one way tickets will be fine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
dsweetest:

How do you guys see someone getting into an IVY League school like Stanford. I am currently working on writing my SAT. I have 4 A's and 3 C's from my WAEC result. I attended Auchi Polytechnic with an Upper Credit in E/E Eng, though I don't know if I need to use that. I have been involved in biz ever since I left school.

Thanks a lot.
Getting to an IVY league university will depend on ur academic profile (GPA and SAT) and other extra curricular achievement
But my advise for u is that as u are looking at IVY be looking at dafe school also
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dgreatestt:
Hi great people. Once again, thanks for all your efforts in assisting others. Please I have a question.

Do University of Delaware requires TOEFL from Nigerians? There was no specific countries stated on their website.

Please anyone with experience in this school or knows someone in the school.

Yes they require TOEFL
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dsweetest(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Getting to an IVY league university will depend on ur academic profile (GPA and SAT) and other extra curricular achievement
But my advise for u is that as u are looking at IVY be looking at dafe school also

Okay. Thanks. I don't quite understand what you mean by ''dafe'' school though.

Also, does GPA mean the number WES would give me after evaluating my WAEC result?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
dsweetest:

Okay. Thanks. I don't quite understand what you mean by ''dafe'' school though.

Also, does GPA mean the number WES would give me after evaluating my WAEC result?
I mean safe (auto correct issue)

Yes the GPA will be the WES elevated results
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by presiade(m): 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Leyemoshood:
I'm in the same situation now. Abeg which is the best, cheapest flight as of today... I need suggestions on where to get very affordable fare <=450k one way. Biko.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dsweetest(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

I mean safe (auto correct issue)

Yes the GPA will be the WES elevated results

Okay, I take it by safe you mean other universities in the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
dsweetest:

Thanks a lot.

What's your age?
What's your SAT scores?
But importantly, what's your story? Your SOP is your number 1 deciding factor. Stanford is never short of quality applicants, only your story can set u apart, not test scores...from what I gathered.

Also, don't bank on your EE upper credit. Ivy league applicants are known to have taken quite some college level courses even as high school students. So your ND, is not a big deal.

If u can tell them about how u used to trek 12 miles to and from school everyday even with your torn sandals. How with your EE knowledge, u have been able to dam your village river and provide electricity and water. How u are the captain of your village football team n beat all other team in your local government. Things like this.

...u might just get in based on emotional sentiments.

You can apply to ALL ivy league schools, but make sure u apply to easier targets too.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dsweetest(m): 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
Thanks so much.

So...

The lower the age the better?

RealTrump:

What's your age?
What's your SAT scores?
But importantly, what's your story? Your SOP is your number 1 deciding factor. Stanford is never short of quality applicants, only your story can set u apart, not test scores...from what I gathered.

Also, don't bank on your EE upper credit. Ivy league applicants are known to have taken quite some college level courses even as high school students. So your ND, is not a big deal.

If u can tell them about how u used to trek 12 miles to and from school everyday even with your torn sandals. How with your EE knowledge, u have been able to dam your village river and provide electricity and water. How u are the captain of your village football team n beat all other team in your local government. Things like this.

...u might just get in based on emotional sentiments.

You can apply to ALL ivy league schools, but make sure u apply to easier targets too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
presiade:

I'm in the same situation now. Abeg which is the best, cheapest flight as of today... I need suggestions on where to get very affordable fare <=450k one way. Biko.

Let me help u... Search Cabo Verde airline. They fly on Tuesday and Wednesday. What state are you going?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
presiade:

You can use skyscanner to check for flight to your location. Then when you identify the airlines that are cheap, you can then go to their website to book.

Sometimes it might be best to use more than one airlines, just ensure you leave enough time to transfer to the other airline especially if the first city you would be touching down in US isn't your final destination

Where are you going to and when do you want to leave naija?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by presiade(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Predstan:

Let me help u... Search Cabo Verde airline. They fly on Tuesday and Wednesday. What state are you going?

I'm flying to Houston, Texas (IAH) to resume in College Station. However, I have to travel tomorrow or Saturday latest.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Futuragetty: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
dsweetest:

Thanks a lot.

If you want to get into an ivy league college, You need to be among the top 75th percentiles. (SAT score of at least 1500+ with Essay 18/24.) That your Waec result is below 3.5.
The average GPA at Stanford is 3.94.

and More reliance Is placed on Test scores and GPA, extra-curricular activities too.
they want the brightest.
in every 100 applicant, only 5 are admitted.
Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
presiade:

I'm flying to Houston, Texas (IAH) to resume in College Station. However, I have to travel tomorrow or Saturday latest.
Man, that's too early. Skyscanner or wakanow or studentuniverse is your best bet then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by presiade(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Predstan:

Man, that's too early. Skyscanner or wakanow or studentuniverse is your best bet then

I have been searching those two but no luck yet. Is wakanow still trustworthy? Some people are giving bad feedback and it them recently. I can't afford stories at this point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
presiade:

I have been searching those two but no luck yet. Is wakanow still trustworthy? Some people are giving bad feedback and it them recently. I can't afford stories at this point.

I was checking Emirates few minutes ago and i saw 486k for tomorrow, screenshot below but when i checked again, it increased. Keep checking emirate for flights tomorrow, Saturday, or Sunday. If your class starts on Monday, you are still allowed to get to the US that same Monday, just ensure you are landing in the US on or before Monday.

Another option you should start looking at is to message your department or international office, tell them you have gotten your visa if they can give you like 3 days extension, it's still morning in Houston, so while searching for flights, also email them and wait for their response. If you see a flight, book it, the extension letter is only a plan B.

I will keep checking for you. All the best

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
presiade:

I only used them to search and go book directly on the website.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by presiade(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
solihp:

I was checking Emirates few minutes ago and i saw 486k for tomorrow, screenshot below but when i checked again, it increased. Keep checking emirate for flights tomorrow, Saturday, or Sunday. If your class starts on Monday, you are still allowed to get to the US that same Monday, just ensure you are landing in the US on or before Monday.

Another option you should start looking at is to message your department or international office, tell them you have gotten your visa if they can give you like 3 days extension, it's still morning in Houston, so while searching for flights, also email them and wait for their response. If you see a flight, book it, the extension letter is only a plan B.

I will keep checking for you. All the best

I saw 460k on student universe it dissappeared when I tried booking. I'm on GRA and I know I already missed the deadline to enrol for classes. I'll have to pay late registration fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by presiade(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Predstan:
I only used them to search and go book directly on the website.
OK

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.