Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362427 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2020
Pefuele:

Is this on the US embassy website?

Yes, type this on Google search "when can you apply for US student visa".

I don't want to put a link before antispambot bans me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
solihp:

Yes, type this on Google search "when can you apply for US student visa".

I don't want to put a link before antispambot bans me

'An F-1 student visa for the USA can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your course of study start date. You will only be able to enter the US with an F-1 visa 30 days before your start date'.

Quoted from Google.

The 120days applies to when your VISA can be issued not when you can visit the embassy for interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
Pefuele:

'An F-1 student visa for the USA can be issued up to 120 days in advance of your course of study start date. You will only be able to enter the US with an F-1 visa 30 days before your start date'.

Quoted from Google.

The 120days applies to when your VISA can be issued not when you can visit the embassy for interview.
Do people visit the embassy to be denied?, your visa is issued when the visa is approved smiley smiley.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
solihp:

Do people visit the embassy to be denied?, your visa is issued when the visa is approved smiley smiley.

Nope, you are not getting it. There is a difference between an approved VISA and Issued VISA.

A VO can approve but another person is charged with issuing. When your VISA is approved by VO you are going to be on AP for few days before your status change to issue. You are actually talking about when to visit the embassy. You can visit the embassy and your VISA is approved ahead of time outside of 120days to your program start date but you can only pick your VISA within those 120days.

Now, get one thing clear not all VISA approved by the VO is issued.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
Pefuele:

Nope, you are not getting it. There is a difference between an approved VISA and Issued VISA.

A VO can approve but another person is charged with issuing. When your VISA is approved by VO you are going to be on AP for few days before your status change to issue. You are actually talking about when to visit the embassy. You can visit the embassy and your VISA is approved ahead of time outside of 120days to your program start date but you can only pick your VISA within those 120days.

Now, get one thing clear not all VISA approved by the VO is issued.

Okay.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Thanks a lot for the reply. But boss, I’m yet to even submit my application for the Spring, I’m still left with my Transcript submission before i started experiencing the error. I’m applying for Computer Sci bro. How should I go about it now Sir? Because aside the app fee that I’ve paid, I don’t want to go through the application stress again. Pls help out!!
RealTrump:

Well, I am applying to one PhD in that school. Everything is complete including recommendation, just to pay n submit.

And yes, their system was down for about a week in December. But it was smooth after that.

Let's go over this. If u applied for spring 2020, n now you want to transfer d application to fall. That should not be possible going by their words. in essence u r trying to submit a new application n they already said all previously unsubmitted applications will be nulled by Dec 5th. I think you need a new application for fall.

But if d problem is that u are still getting that error message about their system upgrade when u try to apply, u type d program u are applying to here, I will try to see if it is same on my end.

But, the best solution is that u need to grab a hold of their administrative assistant. The grad cord no get that kind time. The completed file is already with admin, they just need to agree that your file will be shown to professors for fall review instead of spring. This this have been an easy thing if d admin assistant was well aware beforehand.

Once u submit your application. You can't go back n say u now want to "transfer" to fall. Nope.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Check ur mail

Ok boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Check ur mail

Kindly send it here Komolafemoshood@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 12:37am On Jan 07, 2020
Moshkom:

I’ve paid the 70$ for the App fee. All I’m left with is just Transcript submission. It was WES that even delayed me.
So what do you think boss?
I also applied there and everything was okay from my end . I got admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 1:12am On Jan 07, 2020
Hi great people. Once again, thanks for all your efforts in assisting others. Please I have a question.

Do University of Delaware requires TOEFL from Nigerians? There was no specific countries stated on their website.

Please anyone with experience in this school or knows someone in the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 2:50am On Jan 07, 2020
Dgreatestt:
Hi great people. Once again, thanks for all your efforts in assisting others. Please I have a question.

Do University of Delaware requires TOEFL from Nigerians? There was no specific countries stated on their website.

Please anyone with experience in this school or knows someone in the school.

I got this reply from them 3 days ago. Unfortunately their reply was too late for me, I had already moved on.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Enasdan(m): 3:31am On Jan 07, 2020
solihp:

I won't say you're too late anyway. There are schools that have their priority deadlines in January, February or even March. You just have to do a lot of research and email the graduate coordinator to be sure they have funding.
for fall or for spring, just to know, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phrank1222: 6:35am On Jan 07, 2020
Mehn I just had to comment on your post because your GRE score got me... Please debrief me on how you were able to attain this feat. You can drop your contact here if you don’t mind
Nigeriaismyhome:
Hello house happy new year God bless you all
Please I need assistance with this God bless you all
I myself have being sorting out schools but I need opinions from everyone
My profile

—-BSc electrical electronics Engr
Graduated with a 4.0 cgpa ( Enugu state university of science and technology)

GRE—- 316

Prospective course of study —-masters in engineering management

Please house your help would be appreciated on schools that can give full funding God bless you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2020
RealTrump:

I got this reply from them 3 days ago. Unfortunately their reply was too late for me, I had already moved on.

Wow, thank you very much for the swift reply. I had already paid before I noticed it was pending.

This is a huge relief. Please who did u mail to get that reply, your department or graduate school?

Thank you once again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2020
Moshkom:

Kindly send it here Komolafemoshood@yahoo.com
I mean u should check ur mail for the transaction receipt
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drealsahmy(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2020
drealsahmy:
Please is there any Minot state university student here??

I'd like to ask some questions.

Please anyone or you kw anyone there, I want to apply for fall 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhayour102: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2020
Hello Nairaland. I’m a pretty new member in the house and I have motive to traveling to the USA for my msc

I studied Economics for my undergraduate with a CGPA of 3.48/5.00 (69.6%) and I’m planing to go for my masters in economics. I finished my Nysc 2016 and I haven’t been opportuned to have any working experience.
Gurus in the house I need your advice of the following questions

1)Is there a chance to get a school with full funding or at least part ? As I have searched online for schools that offers scholarships but most schools require 3.5/5.00 CGPA
2) What test do I have to write to process the admission

3) is it possible for me to get the student visa without a sponsor? Note; I’m a hustler I can try to raise some amount of money myself

I’m a newbie on here I will appreciate any advice and any form of help from anyone. Pls feel free to email me at krose00118@gmail.com
Thanks for taking your time to read through. I look forward to hear from you soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tdee19: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello all! I appreciate the great work and efforts put to this thread. May God bless you all. Please, I need suggestions on MPH programs (Epidemiology) with full funding for GRE score of above 300 and GPA above 3.0 ...Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dhayour102:
Hello Nairaland. I’m a pretty new member in the house and I have motive to traveling to the USA for my msc

I studied Economics for my undergraduate with a CGPA of 3.48/5.00 (69.6%) and I’m planing to go for my masters in economics. I finished my Nysc 2016 and I haven’t been opportuned to have any working experience.
Gurus in the house I need your advice of the following questions

1)Is there a chance to get a school with full funding or at least part ? As I have searched online for schools that offers scholarships but most schools require 3.5/5.00 CGPA
2) What test do I have to write to process the admission

3) is it possible for me to get the student visa without a sponsor? Note; I’m a hustler I can try to raise some amount of money myself

I’m a newbie on here I will appreciate any advice and any form of help from anyone. Pls feel free to email me at krose00118@gmail.com
Thanks for taking your time to read through. I look forward to hear from you soon

Try to do GRE and TOEFL and you may do a WES(World Evaluation Services) evaluation of your under-graduate Transcripsts. WES will evaluate your GPA to the US standard which is a 4.0 scale.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Enasdan:
for fall or for spring, just to know, thanks

For fall
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by akinswaggs(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
Gozychuks:
Can I take one month old SOA to the embassy. Actually 1 month and 1 week.

I think to be on a safe side 3 months minimum
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
juliouze:

I also applied there and everything was okay from my end . I got admission.

Wow! Nice. Congrats! What can you advise me to do now boss?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
Good Day Guys! I be submitted all my application requirements for APSU, I’m just left with SOA since more than 3months now. All the ones (SOA) I’ve with me don’t / is yet to reach the required amount (13Mplus). My question now is that, can I write to school or ask the GA if it’s possible for them to proceed my admission decision. That I will provide the SOA after that. Actually, I’m even working to get it but it’s delaying me and I’m scared of missing out again because I missed out Spring 2020 due to the delay in my Wes evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bamiDee1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2020
Please how long did it take WES to complete your evaluation and revert to you and the school you applied to?

Warm regards

Moshkom:
Good Day Guys! I be submitted all my application requirements for APSU, I’m just left with SOA since more than 3months now. All the ones (SOA) I’ve with me don’t / is yet to reach the required amount (13Mplus). My question now is that, can I write to school or ask the GA if it’s possible for them to proceed my admission decision. That I will provide the SOA after that. Actually, I’m even working to get it but it’s delaying me and I’m scared of missing out again because I missed out Spring 2020 due to the delay in my Wes evaluation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhayour102: 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=Pefuele post=85581795]

Try to do GRE and TOEFL and you may do a WES(World Evaluation Services) evaluation of your under-graduate Transcripsts. WES will evaluate your GPA to the US standard which is a 4.0 scale.[thanks Bro ]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhayour102: 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
do you have an idea of schools that offers full payment or at least half payment ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
I was unlucky with WES. I started my Wes journey June 24 or so and ended it Dec 03 or so. Very unlucky unlike many other guys whose own were not up to my ‘period of time’
bamiDee1:
Please how long did it take WES to complete your evaluation and revert to you and the school you applied to?

Warm regards

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
Please will ETS send the unofficial GRE result on the test yday to my email prior when it will get to the school?

I will like to send the unofficial score to some schools that have earlier deadline.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Princekenuk:
Please will ETS send the unofficial GRE result on the test yday to my email prior when it will get to the school?

I will like to send the unofficial score to some schools that have earlier deadline.

No they won't send the unofficial score to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=Dhayour102 post=85589747][/quote]

You welcome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mkabir243(m): 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Good Evening everyone please I’m preparing for interview on the 27th of this month I was recently denied on the 13th of last month please I need your assistance on how to go about my next interview, please gurus in the house I really need your help, @ Shawarma, Tegi, Soliph, Tamison
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DBlessedofGod: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hi, pls is there any Texas A and M university commerce student or prospective student here. I need to find out a few things plsssssssssssss

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.