Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358545 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2019
Waooo! That’s true.
I tot he was going to see it already, that was I just mentioned it

LagosismyHome:

Why did you highlight that it's your second degree.... usually you only highlight selling points and that's not a selling point. If its me i would have answered without mentioning that and only mention if it came up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:59am On Jun 15, 2019
Adedayo65:
I tried applying for msc, but my applications were rejected in both schools, they said I didn’t have a foundational course in computer science hence, I can’t be considered.
That was why I just went for bsc

Not an excuse!

You can build yourself.

Coursers, Udemy and the likes have courses in that aspect.

You don't have the money?
Cousera gives financial aid if you apply by writing an essay why you cannot foot the bill for the course.
You get full funding to take the course with certificate.

I have several people that built themselves through that platform and got admitted even to the IVY afterwards.

So you see, there is no excuse for going for a second Bsc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:01am On Jun 15, 2019
Adedayo65:
I tried applying for msc, but my applications were rejected in both schools, they said I didn’t have a foundational course in computer science hence, I can’t be considered.

You can take professional courses to boast your application. Also apply to more schools cos it won't be an easy feat.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2019
Thanks anyways!
I will try an google the names you mentioned, never heard of them bfr

Brown2Green:

Not an excuse!

You can build yourself.

Cousera gives financial aid if you apply by writing an essay why you cannot foot the bill for the course.

I have several people that built themselves through that platform and got admitted even to the IVY afterwards.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:06am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

The reason of denial has Nothing to do with SOA.
The VO has denied him since the point he mentioned going for a second Bsc.

Honestly,no one can say what goes on in the mind of the VO .However,body language can tell.The person being interviewed will know better when the countenance of the VO changes.I have seen people going for a second degree on this thread get VISA.
Though they are few.What of if he is going for a second degree in IVY league on full ride?So,nothing is impossible.Getting a VISA was not as difficult as it was 20years ago.It is just where we found ourselves...
Canada that find it difficult to give naija people in naija VISA is dashing naija resident in Germany and the likes five years tourist visa ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:09am On Jun 15, 2019
Pefuele:

Honestly,no one can say what goes on in the mind of the VO .However,body language can tell.The person being interviewed will know better when the countenance of the VO changes.I have seen people going for a second degree on this thread get VISA.
Though they are few.What of if he is going for a second degree in IVY league on full ride?So,nothing is impossible.Getting a VISA was not as difficult as it was 20years ago.It is just where we found ourselves...
Canada that find it difficult to give naija people in naija VISA is dashing naija resident in Germany and the likes five years tourist visa ....

My advice for you...

Go through this thread from page one and count the numbers of denials second Bsc has so far...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:12am On Jun 15, 2019
Adedayo65:
Thanks anyways!
I will try an google the names you mentioned, never heard of them bfr

I am currently taking a course on R with financial aid from Cousera.
No big deal.

Information, they say, is expensive.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 8:12am On Jun 15, 2019
I also think the change in career thing piss VO off most times (no matter your reason). Been thinking since yesterday on whether to just go for my masters in my former filed jeje (Agricultural Economics) and try to develop love for it and also embrace it and just forget ‘computer science’

Time2win:

You can take professional courses to boast your application. Also apply to more schools cos it won't be an easy feat.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:14am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

My advice for you...

Go through this thread from page one and count the numbers of denials second Bsc has so far...

Not much but I have seen.It is just naija wahala..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Pls can I have your email? Bn trying to go about the ‘pm’ stuff here but I really don’t gt how to PM

Brown2Green:

Not an excuse!

You can build yourself.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:18am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

My advice for you...

Did you check Indian transcript thread.
They get VISA easy.
All this second degree nah naija wahala to japa.
If we get clean slate things would have been totally different.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 8:18am On Jun 15, 2019
Can I have your mail pls?

Brown2Green:

I am currently taking a course on R with financial aid from Cousera.
No big deal.

Information, they say, is expensive.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:28am On Jun 15, 2019
Pefuele:

Did you check Indian transcript thread.
They get VISA easy.
All this second degree nah naija wahala to japa.
If we get clean slate things would have been totally different.

You're totally correct.

We are too desperate I say that always. It comes back to hunt us.

No one wants to take time to build their profile, or take standardized tests, or source for funds.
Everyone wants to run to the embassy.

When the demand exceeds supply, the Value increases.
I can tell you , the Value of the American Visa is only as high in Nigeria compared to anywhere you can think of.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2019
Adedayo65:
Can I have your mail pls?

beezee719@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chiefololade: 8:30am On Jun 15, 2019
Please house, can an HND holder apply for MSc in the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2019
chiefololade:
Please house, can an HND holder apply for MSc in the US?

Yes.
Evaluate your transcript with WES so it can be converted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chiefololade: 8:42am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Yes.
Evaluate your transcript with WES so it can be converted.

Thanks Mr Brown, but to be honest with you, I don't know anything about the WES you wrote up there. I'll appreciate your further clarification. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2019
Adedayo65:
I also think the change in career thing piss VO off most times (no matter your reason). Been thinking since yesterday on whether to just go for my masters in my former filed jeje (Agricultural Economics) and try to develop love for it and also embrace it and just forget ‘computer science’

It does alot unless you have good work experience in the field you are changing to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrCuteking(m): 8:44am On Jun 15, 2019
Please how do I chose Abuja for my Visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2019
chiefololade:

Thanks Mr Brown, but to be honest with you, I don't know anything about the WES you wrote up there. I'll appreciate your further clarification. Thank you.

wes.org
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chiefololade: 9:13am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

wes.org

Thanks once again, I just did a test evaluation.

Do I need to apply to a school before completing the registration because it is asking for institution to send to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2019
MrCuteking:
Please how do I chose Abuja for my Visa interview?
The option should be on that visa application page.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2019
What foundational course exactly? were you applying for a computer science Msc program? if you are looking for a career in IT there are lots of programs that admit students from non IT background, programs like information technology, information systems, information technology management etc.. you do not need prior IT background to be admitted to most of this programs.

Adedayo65:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2019
chiefololade:

Thanks once again, I just did a test evaluation.

Do I need to apply to a school before completing the registration because it is asking for institution to send to.

Lengthy process
You must complete them.
Until your evaluation is complete , you don't have a transcript.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2019
I am sorry your visa was refused. You know, I am the type who like through preparation. If had told you this would happen, I might have appeared negative. I was not very pleased that you're going for interview tomorrow and called me a night before for mock to see whether or not your response are convincing. If I had ideas on what to correct on your transcript, I'd be too late. All the same, there is still hope. You can always go for MS, and you can still get your visa.

Adedayo65:
I was thinking not to share a ‘delayed’ visa transcript Incase anything goes wrong (coz of shame lol) but after a deep thought, I realized people learn from both approved and delayed transcript!

My transcript yesterday 14-06-2019 at Abuja Embassy (2nd attempt) first was in Lagos, December 4th 2018 (am always meeting a man as Vo lol)

N.B: these are just what I can remember (95% but not 100% )

Vo- good morning and how are you?
Me- am fine, thank you and happy America’s flag day
Vo- oooook (looking suprised) thank you.
Why are you going to Troy ?
Me- to pursue my second bachelors degree in computer and information science
Vo- (stoped typing and focused on me, looking straight into my eyes) why second bachelor?
Me- Firstly, passion and choice; unlike my first degree that happened by chance and not by choice; I have enormous passion for computer and info science . Secondly, job opportunity; you see sir, this program already guarante me a job opportunity with the EFCC through my uncle working at their operation department in lagos.
Vo: (looking satisfied and going back to his typing) Why did you choose Troy ?
Me- apart from the partial scholarship given to me and the academic excellence Troy is known for, I chose Troy coz their course structure is more flexible and their curriculum perfectly suit my study plan .
Vo- (also looking satisfied) ooook!
Vo- what othe school did you choose ?
Me - Minot State University
Vo- who is your sponsor ?
Me - (although I filled my step father in my ds160)
My mother and my step father
Vo- do you have any proof of your mother sponsoring you ?
Me- I only have my step father’s here
Vo- pls gv it to me (opened the first page and start doing some calculations)
Vo- I regret to inform you bla bla bla ....

NB: Deficits was 7.6M and the account balance was 12.4M (the account was very legit, not fake, I just don’t know what happened, only God knows )

I just want to thank everyone contributing to this thread one way or the other, I pray God be with you and may you always see his favor too. I learnt a lot here tho .

And to @fairheart, God bless you for conducting mock for me a night to my interview (even tho you were angry that I was jus asking for a mock a night to lol) am deeply grateful.

I think it’s time to let go of America’s dream lol
Money no too dey for now again lol

Thanks once again everyone
Regards!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2019
Good.
Wanderlust18:
Thanks � I see this as a better course of action.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2019
We agreed that your visa's 100% guaranteed grin grin. You think say na joke! Please take this confidence in self and faith in God with you anywhere you go. I wish you excellent academic achievement.
Kaylhey20:
I was interviewed by the lady on window 7.

Vo: Asked for my I-20 and passport.
Me: Passed it to her.
Vo: She looked at my I-20 and asked how I got the scholarship.
Me: My SAT score of 1420 ( she repeated the score) , Average GPA of A- , Letter of recommendation, admission essay and resume ( I didn't finish this).
Vo: Which other university did you apply to ?
Me: SIUE, Washington and Lee, and Wheeling Jesuit.
Vo: What do you plan to after graduation ?
Me: After the completion of my bachelor's program, I hope to return to work with the innovative tech firms like Andela ( she cut me off here)
Vo: Have any relation in the US?
Me: No.

Congratulations your visa has been approved , pick up your passport in three days at the circled location, make sure you take your I-20 it will be needed at the port of entry. She gave the white paper.

My interview didn't last up to two minutes. I feel she already decided to give me the visa when she saw the scholarship. Cos the questions she asked me , she was looking at her computer prolly crosschecking with what I had filled in my DS-160 form.

Thanks to all who reviewed my proposed transcript, Brown2Green, Leone26 and special thanks to Fairheart for the mock interview.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 15, 2019
I agree that going for a second bachelors degree doesn't necessarily mean slim chances of getting the visa, people do get visas for a second degree, but then your profile has to show that you really do qualify for that, and CAN ALSO AFFORD IT, except you have a scholarship and you are going to a highly ranked school. I see people on here, apply for visa and they are being financed by uncles and aunties, instead of their parents or even themselves if they have graduated a while ago, under normal circumstances all of that is possible, but then you have to factor the reputation Nigeria has out there. As an ideal candidate you should not come off as desperate.

Pefuele:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2019
True!
Time2win:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Passion2009: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2019
fairheart:
We agreed that your visa's 100% guaranteed grin grin. You think say na joke! Please take this confidence in self and faith in God with you anywhere you go. I wish you excellent academic achievement.

Hello bro. Good morning. My visa interview is on Monday... Can you kindly help out with a mock interview via call or something?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2019
Goodmorning house. Please I scheduled an appointment yesterday and I tried to change the date to an available date today, so I clicked on the cancel appointment option. Now my MRV number has been bouncing back. Please who have any idea what I can do thanks. I've used the feedback option but no response yet

Cc: fairheart brown2green Lagosismyhome bracelum walspring sheke01

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pierre92(m): 10:30am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Not an excuse!

You can build yourself.

He needs to take the foundational courses for credit seeing as he has no background in computer science(a degree in maths,physics might help) A thousand online courses won’t help him in this regard.UPenn’s MCIT program, a masters program for those without a computer science degree is a better bet. UChicago has such a program too.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.