Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358597 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:
Goodmorning house. Please I scheduled an appointment yesterday and I tried to change the date to an available date today, so I clicked on the cancel appointment option. Now my MRV number has been bouncing back. Please who have any idea what I can do thanks. I've used the feedback option but no response yet

Cc: fairheart brown2green Lagosismyhome bracelum walspring sheke01

You should have "rescheduled" and not cancel. However, you can wait for the response from CGI and I hope they help you out with this.

Best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2019
Johnolukolade:

You should have "rescheduled" and not cancel. However, you can wait for the response from CGI and I hope they help you out with this.

Best.
Thsnks for the response.... But i didn't see any rescheduling option on my dashboard Sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2019
Goodmorning house. Please I scheduled an appointment yesterday and I tried to change the date to an available date today, so I clicked on the cancel appointment option. Now my MRV number has been bouncing back. Please who have any idea what I can do thanks. I've used the feedback option but no response yet.

I'm open to any ideas. Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:
Goodmorning house. Please I scheduled an appointment yesterday and I tried to change the date to an available date today, so I clicked on the cancel appointment option. Now my MRV number has been bouncing back. Please who have any idea what I can do thanks. I've used the feedback option but no response yet.

How many times have you cancelled or rescheduled? You are only allowed to cancel once
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2019
pierre92:

He needs to take the foundational courses for credit seeing as he has no background in computer science(a degree in maths,physics might help) A thousand online courses won’t help him in this regard.UPenn’s MCIT program, a masters program for those without a computer science degree is a better bet. UChicago has such a program too.

That is not true.

I have someone in Duke that took online courses to meet up for the requirements for Business Analytics.

You can take online courses and carry out activities that can be put as work experience.

It all depends on the way you present your Application Portfolio.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

How many times have you cancelled or rescheduled? You are only allowed to cancel once
I only cancelled it once which is this morning....

Now I can't even log onto the site again sef my email has started bouncing too.... what kind of rubbish is all this? cry cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:14am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:

Shoot!

You were not supposed to cancel if you want to reschedule.

You only Cancel if you want to change Location.

My advice is to consider Abuja because Lagos date is far now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:

Now I can't even log onto the site again sef my email has started bouncing too.... what kind of rubbish is all this? cry cry

Mail the Support Line .
I guess the system has limited you for the next 24 hrs.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 11:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Mail the Support Line .
I guess the system has limited you for the next 24 hrs.

I really appreciate your kind input Sir. Go bless you.

Please I can't find their support line either. All I got was a feedback link and I've used that too. Please if you can help me with the support line, I'll be very glad. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:18am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Shoot!

July 9 is available for lagos as of today.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:19am On Jun 15, 2019
Davidkking:

July 9 is available for lagos as of today.
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 11:19am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Shoot!

Abuja is not even an option for me... I needed a far date that's why I wasn't bothered with the dates. I even wanted to extend my date further before all this rubbish happened.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:22am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:
Abuja is not even an option for me... I needed a far date that's why I wasn't bothered with the dates. I even wanted to extend my date further before all this rubbish happened.

Cool then.
Pick any date you see
Dates will surely open up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 11:24am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

Cool then.
Pick any date you see
Dates will surely open up
I pray the MRV number works by tomorrow.

Thanks once again Sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:24am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:

I really appreciate your kind input Sir. Go bless you.

Please I can't find their support line either. All I got was a feedback link and I've used that too. Please if you can help me with the support line, I'll be very glad. Thanks

support@ustraveldocs.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 11:27am On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

support@ustraveldocs.com
thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:
Goodmorning house. Please I scheduled an appointment yesterday and I tried to change the date to an available date today, so I clicked on the cancel appointment option. Now my MRV number has been bouncing back. Please who have any idea what I can do thanks. I've used the feedback option but no response yet

You are not supposed to cancel the appointment but reschedule. The platform allows you to reschedule once, if you cancel, you'll need to pay another MRV charges to book an appointment. Retry by tomorrow morning, if same issue, call the embassy on MONDAY to see if they can help you without paying another MRV.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cryomancer: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2019
MykelBriggs1:

You are not supposed to cancel the appointment but reschedule. The platform allows you to reschedule once, if you cancel, you'll need to pay another MRV charges to book an appointment. Retry by tomorrow morning, if same issue, call the embassy on MONDAY to see if they can help you without paying another MRV.
Thanks Sir I appreciate.

I honestly didn't see anywhere or link there on my dashboard to reschedule. Except they disabled it to make money off unsuspecting victims like me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 11:45am On Jun 15, 2019
Cryomancer:

Maybe you should try another browser or give it sometime.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 11:46am On Jun 15, 2019
MykelBriggs1:

That's not true. You can cancel or reschedule just once. Even when you reschedule, the previous one is cancelled.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pierre92(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
Brown2Green:

That is not true.

I have someone in Duke that took online courses to meet up for the requirements for Business Analytics.

You can take online courses and carry out activities that can be put as work experience.

It all depends on the way you present your Application Portfolio.
Business analytics has a lower bar than computer science. Virtually anybody with a quantitative background can move into business analytics. Core computer science CANNOT be entered while using online courses to cover the deficiencies. For anybody moving into Core computer science,you have to take for credit courses. Some schools admit students that have some prerequisites but not all and allow them to do those courses before moving on to graduate courses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lextube: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hello, good morning all. Please I was reading somewhere in a blog about US and Donald Trump immigration policy for Africans and Africa.

A section of the article focused on Nigeria, and what I picked from it was that Nigeria accounts for about 25% of the total number of visas issued to Africa in 2018 which was the highest among other African countries, followed by South Africa and then Egypt. Therefore, starting from 2019, Nigerian student visa applications to the US will be suspended indefinitely pending when Donald Trump and the US government finalize their immigration policy for Africa and Africans.

I don't know how true this is, but already they have increased the cost of sevis fee from $150 to I think $350-$400 (not precisely sure of the exact amount) and the high rate of refusal is dramatically increasing by the day. So personally, I am not surprise if this is true, but I want to confirm from others if they have come across this information so that they can share it with the house as well and we all get informed. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2019
lextube:
Hello, good morning all. Please I was reading somewhere in a blog about US and Donald Trump immigration policy for Africans and Africa.

A section of the article focused on Nigeria, and what I picked from it was that Nigeria accounts for about 25% of the total number of visas issued to Africa in 2018 which was the highest among other African countries, followed by South Africa and then Egypt. Therefore, starting from 2019, Nigerian student visa applications to the US will be suspended indefinitely pending when Donald Trump and the US government finalize their immigration policy for Africa and Africans.

I don't know how true this is, but already they have increased the cost of sevis fee from $150 to I think $350-$400 (not precisely sure of the exact amount) and the high rate of refusal is dramatically increasing by the day. So personally, I am not surprise if this is true, but I want to confirm from others if they have come across this information so that they can share it with the house as well and we all get informed. Thank you.

Wait let me cut you short before you continue.

Are you coming here to make inquiries or to make false statements?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 360gospelvibes: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
There was date for July 9 as at yesterday for Lagos

Brown2Green:

Shoot!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
360gospelvibes:
There was date for July 9 as at yesterday for Lagos

So I heard. That's good
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2019
fairheart:
I am sorry your visa was refused. You know, I am the type who like through preparation. If had told you this would happen, I might have appeared negative. I was not very pleased that you're going for interview tomorrow and called me a night before for mock to see whether or not your response are convincing. If I had ideas on what to correct on your transcript, I'd be too late. All the same, there is still hope. You can always go for MS, and you can still get your visa.

i know nothing concerning visas.. but as a layman this your statement ..i feel it was what denied you your visa.. "Me- Firstly, passion and choice; unlike my first degree that happened by chance and not by choice; I have enormous passion for computer and info science . Secondly, job opportunity; you see sir, this program already guarante me a job opportunity with the EFCC through my uncle working at their operation department in lagos ." especially the part i bolded... although in USA Nepotism is being practiced but the ameriacans hates Nepotism so much...just my suggestion.. but God knows you did ur best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kaylhey20:
I was interviewed by the lady on window 7.

Vo: Asked for my I-20 and passport.
Me: Passed it to her.
Vo: She looked at my I-20 and asked how I got the scholarship.
Me: My SAT score of 1420 ( she repeated the score) , Average GPA of A- , Letter of recommendation, admission essay and resume ( I didn't finish this).
Vo: Which other university did you apply to ?
Me: SIUE, Washington and Lee, and Wheeling Jesuit.
Vo: What do you plan to after graduation ?
Me: After the completion of my bachelor's program, I hope to return to work with the innovative tech firms like Andela ( she cut me off here)
Vo: Have any relation in the US?
Me: No.

Congratulations your visa has been approved , pick up your passport in three days at the circled location, make sure you take your I-20 it will be needed at the port of entry. She gave the white paper.

My interview didn't last up to two minutes. I feel she already decided to give me the visa when she saw the scholarship. Cos the questions she asked me , she was looking at her computer prolly crosschecking with what I had filled in my DS-160 form.

Thanks to all who reviewed my proposed transcript, Brown2Green, Leone26 and special thanks to Fairheart for the mock interview.

Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

That's not true. You can cancel or reschedule just once. Even when you reschedule, the previous one is cancelled.

No argument but I think we should only put updated info on this platform. kindly call the US embassy (+23412278955) to verify the above claim. Right now, cancellation of appointment comes with payment of another MRV as a way of controlling the traffic. The picture attached is what an account that has never rescheduled nor canceled an appointment looks like. I personally called the embassy to clarify cos I read online that one can reschedule 4-5times thereabout. Now you can reschedule once only.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
Time2win:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hello peeps,

Is the transaction reference on the VISA fee receipt the same as the MRV receipt number?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by crownzeal(f): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Why did you highlight that it's your second degree.... usually you only highlight selling points and that's not a selling point. If its me i would have answered without mentioning that and only mention if it came up

Please I will like to chat you personally
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marjoribanks: 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
July 9,10,11 and 12 is available.
Just booked!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.