Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362225 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Admitwithschola: 1:15am On Aug 25, 2020
Jubrilawest:
Good evening to the elders in the house. I am finding it difficult to register for the GRE with my GTB naira MasterCard. Can anyone suggest how to go about it? I am looking to write the exam in September 1 or 2. Thanks

This person could be helpful: stepoluchukwu AT gma.il DOT com. Reach out.

Hope you've spent time mastering the test. Otherwise I would suggest you do. 2-3 months of 8-10 hours preparation per day can work wonders.

Sorry for the unsolicited counsel - but it's important I say it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2020
fairheart:
Yet, I'd say it again in the same friendly tone the last comment was crafted. You said it's amazing how I made a conclusion about one's life in a snap. That's why I said you shouldn't take any of it personally because the subject was never about life or making a conclusion about you or anybody. If you have been reading my comments on this thread you'd have noticed I am very careful in the way I address people and terms I use in my comments. I was actually surprised you used that term. But it's okay.

Nobody has talked like the all-knowing or authority here; everything everyone on this thread has shared is opinions, views, and from personal experiences. That is how every comment should be taken if we are fair in the way we read people we don't agree with. Opinions! Nobody has monopoly on information, and I never said I do. Your saying I talk like an authority who knows all things is a reflection of your view of my comments, and never because I said so. And that too is your opinion. Everyone has opinions about things, and it is why it is called a public forum. A simple thing and una start to drag am and using terms out of context. Given your analysis below, we are saying the same thing. You are right and nobody is disputing it.

One thing I am learning desperately, is to say sorry when soemone feels uneasy or wronged via my written words or actions. I hereby make this submission to you. I am sorry. Do not refrain yourself from posting ideas on this thread.

Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Remember that many banks have adjusted their international spending limit to $100 per month

Jubrilawest:
Good evening to the elders in the house. I am finding it difficult to register for the GRE with my GTB naira MasterCard. Can anyone suggest how to go about it? I am looking to write the exam in September 1 or 2. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
TheNoble007:

One thing I am learning desperately, is to say sorry when soemone feels uneasy or wronged via my written words or actions. I hereby make this submission to you. I am sorry. Do not refrain yourself from posting ideas on this thread.

Shalom.
Bro, we did not have an argument or fight; you did not offend me at all. It was just a slight misunderstanding, and I later realized what I missed. So there's no need to be sorry.
The bold sentence above is something a man that is cultivating and preparing himself for future leadership would do. It's called humility and reverence. And only great people exude it! I am also learning it, so you're doing the right thing. As long as I have free time, I'll not stop coming and contributing on this thread.
God bless you! smiley

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
My school just deferred my admission from August to late fall start in October.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2020

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Good for you. Pray things get better by then. Sometimes I wonder what if the embassy does not open till 2022; in essence, it will be closed through this year and next. I pray that doesn't happen but nothing can shock me again.

Paragontek:
My school just deferred my admission from August to late fall start in October.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
TrojanSnail:

Please, what's the implication of this??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
I also wondered cos nothing there seems applicable

missuzoma:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
kastgeraldino:
Good for you. Pray things get better by then. Sometimes I wonder what if the embassy does not open till 2022; in essence, it will be closed through this year and next. I pray that doesn't happen but nothing can shock me again.

The consul during the last Facebook event said they definitely can't be closed for a year. He kept on mentioning October or November

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
That sounds good. Even though I deferred till fall next year, I'm not still fully settled about the embassy's reopening. I wish I can establish something or get an opportunity that makes going to that country meaningless. This is not how things should be.

Mosminic:

The consul during the last Facebook event said they definitely can't be closed for a year. He kept on mentioning October or November

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AdoChel(f): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
missuzoma:

I think it is for visa renewal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2020
What's the cheapest way to ship a 3.3lb package (10"1 tablet) from US to Nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sponge3(m): 5:02am On Aug 26, 2020
Been out for awhile. Came here 6 years ago as an F1 student. Ask me questions or advice and I will provide all that I can

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 5:31am On Aug 26, 2020
AdoChel:

I think it is for visa renewal.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mayflowa(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2020
Sponge3:
Been out for awhile. Came here 6 years ago as an F1 student. Ask me questions or advice and I will provide all that I can

Nice. Did you come back to Nigeria after studies or you got placement for a job or pursuing other endeavour?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sponge3(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mayflowa:

Nice. Did you come back to Nigeria after studies or you got placement for a job or pursuing other endeavour?
No am still here. Currently waiting for citizenship interview

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tulacious123: 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sponge3:

Was it Masters you did or PhD? Can you briefly drop your transcript on how you did it so others can learn ? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Taal17: 1:20am On Aug 27, 2020
TrojanSnail:

No waiver in Nigeria anymore since dropbox was cancelled in 2017 for us

Applies for those who have had same visa approved in the past
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sponge3(m): 2:16am On Aug 27, 2020
Tulacious123:

Was it Masters you did or PhD? Can you briefly drop your transcript on how you did it so others can learn ? Thanks

Masters. U get here do not go out of status. Just keep u head low and focus on what u want

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
eniolabsc:
Hi everyone

I was admitted for my graduate studies in the U.S for Fall 2020. I have paid the SEVIS fee, gotten my I20, filled the DS160 form and also paid for visa.

Because of the visa restrictions in Nigeria, I deferred to Spring 2021. I have also gotten the new I20 for Spring 2021. I need advice on how to proceed this time. Do I need to fill the DS160 form again and apply for a visa? I read online that SEVIS fee is valid for a year, same with visa fee.

I would be grateful if someone could make this process clearer! Thanks in anticipation.
You sure can schedule an interview date, however tentative
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello everyone, please anyone knows when US consulate would be opening in Canada? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Has anyone renewed passport recently? If yes, which of the consulate seems the fastest?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Admitwithschola: 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
Friedpotato:
What's the cheapest way to ship a 3.3lb package (10"1 tablet) from US to Nigeria?

Depends on where you're based. There are pockets of naija shipping companies spread across the US. If you can get to one of them, price may be very favorable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 2:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Sponge3:

No am still here. Currently waiting for citizenship interview

Wow. That's wonderful. How did you make this happen in just 6years?

Did you marry a citizen?

Sorry to ask. I want to get their passport too. Through the easiest route.

Thanks and God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 3:03am On Aug 28, 2020
I think it was way easier before Trump era to get the green card...I.e more chance through H1B and students fit join military after some time in the state then which make quick assess to citizenship... but now na baba God people just dey look upto.
Ifesinachi22:

Did you marry a citizen?

Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sponge3(m): 3:30am On Aug 28, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Did you marry a citizen?

Thanks and God bless

I did get married and joined the military

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 6:21am On Aug 28, 2020
I have my eyes in that military too but Whenever i look into Goarmy they kept showing me F-1 students cannot apply. I later unsubscribed from their mailing list.

From all indications, you married first before joining.

Which state is it this please?

Sponge3:

I did get married and joined the military
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Remix10(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2020
Sponge3:

If i have not taken ToEfL or IELTS, how can i prove to a school that i had my undergraduate school in English from Nigeria,

I dont mind getting response from others. please this is urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 10:06am On Aug 28, 2020
Remix10:

If i have not taken ToEfL or IELTS, how can i prove to a school that i had my undergraduate school in English from Nigeria,

I dont mind getting response from others. please this is urgent

Get a letter of English Proficiency from your school, better still have your undergraduate thesis handy if it is a one on one discussion with your prospective adviser/supervisor

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sponge3(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
I have my eyes in that military too but Whenever i look into Goarmy they kept showing me F-1 students cannot apply. I later unsubscribed from their mailing list.

From all indications, you married first before joining.

Which state is it this please?

U can't join the military if are not a permanent resident

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.