Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361440 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 6:16am On Oct 16, 2020
fairheart:

No need for "sir" abeg. You are welcome for mock. smiley
Good day. Can I be part of the mock interview ? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kc6964(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2020
Good morning, please am going for master's degree. Can you kindly suggest any schools with low tuition fees and they do accept student easily.. no ielts . Pls ma

LagosismyHome:

For US embassy yes I think it ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2020
kc6964:
Good morning, please am going for master's degree. Can you kindly suggest any schools with low tuition fees and they do accept student easily.. no ielts . Pls ma

There are so many schools in US and depends on what course and what considered low tuition

However the best approach will be to use google. Search based on your needs

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Teedawg: 8:12am On Oct 16, 2020
kc6964:

Look for schools in the Midwest and south of the US.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thebest1210(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2020
Bigsecret:
Kent State University. You won't find it on their website till maybe next week, the 20th.I have a mail and an insider to support my claim.

You are right about the application waiver. But, it's on their website now. Saw it yesterday.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2020
Biko have people started travelling to USA or just d interviewws
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2020
Do u guys feel visas would be easy to get
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:04am On Oct 16, 2020
lifeofgolden1:

Very very available guys.
expedited or normal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:06am On Oct 16, 2020
sonofakin:
On a lighter note

VO(speaks calmly): congratulations, your Visa to the USA has been approved.

Applicants: soro soke werey, no dey disguise

Good luck to everyone
congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2020
What is the earliest appointment in Lagos right now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 9:44am On Oct 16, 2020
Visa Approved
I'll be back with transcript

Interview was scheduled for Friday, 9th October at the Lagos Consulate.

Two windows (VO) were available to interview applicants, both white in their mid 30's - 40's.
My interview session was really brief and straight to the point.

VO: Good Morning, I will like to take your biometrics for verification.
Me: Good Morning Ok Placed my fingers on the scanner.

VO: Please take your mask off briefly for Identification.
Me: Ok

VO: So, where in the US are you going?
Me: The University of Southern Mississippi

VO: What are you going there for?
Me: To pursue a Masters degree in Hydrographic Science

VO: What did you call your course?
Me: repeats twice

VO: So why Southern Mississippi?
Me: The Hydrographic Science program at USM comes with another certification, the FIG/IHO CAT-A certification. It is an industry standard and widely accepted certification. I also want to take advantage of the quality research on Autonomous Underwater Vehicles

VO: Ok, tell me about your course (at that time he stopped looking at me, started typing but kept smiling
Me: drops some sakamanje about AUVs and underwater gas seepages cheesy..... I was sure he had little or no idea about my course so I confidently said what came to my head at the moment (I read my course description last night on the school's website, this was also helpful)

VO: Visibly impressed with my description, So who will be funding your study? Did you get an assistantship?
Me: Yes, My admission offer came with full tuition waiver and monthlyl stipends

VO: Ok, Are you married?
Me: No, I am still single

VO: Do you have Kids?
Me: (at this point, I was a bit worried because I thought he was trying to establish home ties) I smiled and replied calmly, NO sir

VO: Ok, Take this slip to the cashier and make your payments, Keep your I-20 well, it will be requested for at the POE.
Me: I was smiling anyhow already, but I used my nosemask as disguise. grin grin grin Thank You!

That's all..... no question on travel history, educational background or professional experience. Brief and straight to the point. I think it is best to answer the questions as brief as possible, and let your answers match what you filled in your DS-160. About three candidates were rejected while I was on the line waiting for my turn. I was able to eavesdrop on their interview session

Rejection 1: He claimed to have a funding offer but it wasn't reflecting on his I-20. He said it will only reflect upon admission(I guess he meant resumption). The wasn't having any of it, he insisted the guy was admitted already and any funding offer must reflect on his I-20, he said he would have approved him but no proof of funding.

Rejection 2: Baba claimed to be single on DS-160 but said he was married when asked during the interview. He started shalaye , According to him, he gave his babe belle and had to marry her grin grin grin. He said he did his traditional marriage on October 10th, but was yet to do the legal marriage. VO didn't but his alaye ....Rejected.

I can't recall the reason for the third rejection.

The second VO asked some funny questions for the other guys while I was been interviewed
1) What's the official mascot of your school? The guy didn't know, he was asking what a mascot was...... His visa was approved regardless
2) Pronounce the name of your school (University of Louisville). The guy tried but not so spot on, VO corrected him and granted the Visa .

Overall, today was a good day for most applicants at the Lagos Consulate. I would say about 80% approval (judging from my time in the waiting hall, i noticed only three rejections).
About 30 - 40 applicants were interviewed today, 7 am was the last time on the schedule according to the CGI official on ground, and the last person on the queue (from outside) was already in the waiting hall before I was done with my interview (around 9 a.m.).

Bottom-line, wear something you are comfortable in; It can be a long wait before it get to your turn. Trust me, you don't want to be sweating outside while standing for over two hours. I went in a simple native attire that was free on my body, so I was at ease all through.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 9:45am On Oct 16, 2020
Friedpotato:
What is the earliest appointment in Lagos right now
Nov 20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 9:48am On Oct 16, 2020
uche06:
Biko have people started travelling to USA or just d interviewws
Airspace has been opened since last month. So, yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved

Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved
congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 9:57am On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lucyAA: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2020
Mkin:
Hi,
Is there anyone here going to Western Illinois University in Macomb for Spring (January) 2021?
YESSSS!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2020
Congratulations!
Anybodie:
Visa Approved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2020
geofortress:

I didn't notice this. I submitted my DS160 not long ago. Like around 11:40pm.
A student was showing me while filling her own. Maybe it is because she has been to the US.
It is all good.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:05am On Oct 16, 2020
Snakedoctor1:

Good day. Can I be part of the mock interview ? Thanks
You are welcome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:06am On Oct 16, 2020
Spallanzani:

Can I send you a PM please, I have a question that is really bothering me concerning my interview.
Okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dileni: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved

Congrats, we'd be waiting
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved
Congrats Man.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 10:34am On Oct 16, 2020
Congratulations!

Anybodie:
Visa Approved

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RukayatAkanji: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2020
Pls guys, is there any available date in November on their site right now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2020
RukayatAkanji:
Pls guys, is there any available date in November on their site right now?
Yes, 20, 23 and 30... Seen about an hour ago
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 10:55am On Oct 16, 2020
Curious2020:
for the IDOC is a bank statement for a duration of 3 months accepted?

Supporting docs are usually payslips, and the instructions are the year before. For example, you would submit 2019 BS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2020
From this FAQs, it is ok if one goes to Lagos for his/her interview even though the person chose Abuja as interview venue in his/her DS-160.

Has anyone gotten date recently for Abuja?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dudun007: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2020
Can I get the names of " not too expensive hotels" around the U.S embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2020
drDoom3:

Supporting docs are usually payslips, and the instructions are the year before. For example, you would submit 2019 BS
Ok thanks, are e-statements accepted? I've been waiting at the bank for hours now the population of individuals at the bank is massive shocked
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Petershow: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2020
Anybodie:
Visa Approved I'll be back with transcript
wow!!! congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.