Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356204 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 9:50am On Nov 09, 2020
Geewin69:

Hello. Can I send you an email?
sure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 9:58am On Nov 09, 2020
Stevenssen:

sure

Sent!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Philadelphia: 10:00am On Nov 09, 2020
Hollyholy:

I think the issue of fund wasn't convincing

Some things are wrong with your transcript.
1. Who picks University of Louisiana over USC and ODU? USC ranks way ahead of U of L. Even ODU ranks higher. Maybe you didn't get admit to USC but you sounded like you did.

2.) Inconsistencies on why you chose the school. Besides, your response for this wasn't good enough.

3.) Home ties.

4.) It doesn't seem your research are is a research area.

5.) Funding (which is not even the main reason).

From what I see, you used an agent for this application.

So sorry for your denial. I believe that you will stand a better approval when you address these.

Good luck to you in your next attempt.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 10:01am On Nov 09, 2020
Koskos95:
Good Day.. Please I was denied f1 visa and give a 214(b) slip. Please can you help me deduce what was the problem from my visa transcripts.

This is my visa transcripts

(no subject)

You are not working? when did you graduate? what does your mother do?
You not having a good paying job is a red flag- it's like no strong tie to home country!!!

Stanley Kosisochukwu Okeke

to Tricia
8 hours ago

Details

This is my transcript. 

This is my transcript. 

Vo: Good morning.

Me: Good morning  sir.

Vo: where are you going  to? 

Me: the University of Louisiana at Lafayette to pursue my MS in Civil   engineering with a concentration in environmental engineering. 

Why this university : I choose this university particularly because of an ongoing research at the university that deals with the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes ... I wanted to continue with what I had to say,but he cut in. 

Vo: what other schools did you apply to? 

Me : ODU and USC. 

Vo: why did you chose this school above ODU. 

Me: I choose the University because of its reputability and because the research at the university closely aligns with my research interest. 

Vo: what is your research interest?

Me: the production of biogas from the anaerobic degradation of food wastes. 

Vo: are you married? 

Me: No. 

Vo: are you single 

Me: yes. 

Vo: do you have any children? 

Me: no

Vo: are you employed? 

Me: No,  but I have worked as a mathematics teacher. 

Vo : who is your sponsor? 

Me: My mother and 3 of my relatives. 

Vo: what does your mother do? 

Me : I told. 

Vo: I am sorry, I can't approved your visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 10:09am On Nov 09, 2020
Please can a corporate account help out with sponsorship .
Also of u have no finding what are your changes.
Coming back for politics is it a home tie
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 10:11am On Nov 09, 2020
Someone with different surname is it ok to sponsor .
Secondly how old can u print statement , can u print statement of October for interview in November or December
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chrisadigwe: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2020
chrisadigwe:
Hello guys,

Can I take my dad personal account statement and company account statement for the interview

On his personal account statement he has just 1.7 million naira while on his business or company account he has about 8 million naira which he intends to use for business.

I will appreciate your response

Please can someone respond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chrisadigwe: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2020
[quote author=chrisadigwe post=95845694][/quote]

Can anyone help please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 10:14am On Nov 09, 2020
[quote author=chrisadigwe post=95845694][/quote] I think he should move it to his personal account not so sure though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 10:54am On Nov 09, 2020
Don Matthew

donmattalayo:
I've been a silent reader here for 1+ years.

Embassy Location: Lagos

Date: 30 October, 2020

School name: Texas Tech University

Program: PhD (Chemistry)

Undergraduate Degree: Chemistry (1')

Funding/Financial Aid: Full ride

GRE Acers, thank you so much for your prayers. We made it. �

Now to Biometric:

A young lady saw that I came all the way from Jalingo to have my interview. She asked why I chose Lagos instead of Abuja, I told her that dates were unavailable in Abuja when Lagos consulate opened. She also asked if I have visited Mambilla Plateau in Taraba State before, which I answered NO but I'll be visiting soon. She said she's been there and she's wishing me good luck with my interview. This conversation helped me relax so much.

My conversation � with VO.

The VO has just opened (two other guys have started interviewing others, one was asking so many questions in which I was supposed to meet with him but within me, in my spirit, I was rejecting him.) God answered my prayers, bringing another VO for me.

VO: Next applicant please
Me: Good morning sir �
VO: Good morning

VO: Pass me your passport as it is packed for you.
Me: Ok sir

(VO just checked the financial part in femtosecond)

VO: So, where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going to Texas Tech University to pursue PhD degree in Chemistry with concentration in Organometallic Chemistry.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: I'm an academic staff at Taraba State University

VO: Are you married?
Me: No

VO: I intend approving your visa.... Go to counter 22 to pay your reciprocity fee.
Me: Thank you.

Everything, not sure it's up to 1 min (30 secs thereabout). Meanwhile, the other two VOs were still questioning their own applicants �.

Alhamdulillah �.

Thank you Pepe and Bayonle for everything you do for me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kateyy: 10:55am On Nov 09, 2020
Good day guys

After previous denial, is it possible I get another appointment before school resumes in January? Cos earliest dats am seeing is March and April
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Koskos95: 11:01am On Nov 09, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Once that Vo heard Mum and 3 relatives it hard to approve to be honest ..... having 3 sponsors in America with 39k for a 36k fees is even a sign of trouble and potential ability to drop out

These 3 sponsors will still eat, buy clothes, pay bill's from the money in their account. It highly unlikely they would just give you all the money in their account and any Vo knows that

What of if on my next interview, I just say my Aunt who is working at Intel corporation as a process engineer will sponsor me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 11:04am On Nov 09, 2020
Philadelphia:

1. Who picks University of Louisiana over USC and ODU? USC ranks way ahead of U of L. Even ODU ranks higher. Maybe you didn't get admit to USC but you sounded like you did.

2.) Inconsistencies on why you chose the school. Besides, your response for this wasn't good enough.

3.) Home ties.

So sorry for your denial. I believe that you will stand a better approval when you address these.

Good morning, please I sent you a PM, kindly respond at your free time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Koskos95: 11:13am On Nov 09, 2020
Philadelphia:

3.) Home ties.

I didn't use an agent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 11:13am On Nov 09, 2020
HELLO GUYS GOOD MORNING. PLEASE IF ONE WAS DENIED EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT CAN ONE REAPPLY FOR IT AGAIN?

AND PLEASE WHAT ARE THE NECESSARY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO ATTACH WHEN APPLYING??

PLEASE GUY THIS IS URGENT.

GOD BLESS US ALL.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 11:31am On Nov 09, 2020
Lete:
HELLO GUYS GOOD MORNING. PLEASE IF ONE WAS DENIED EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT CAN ONE REAPPLY FOR IT AGAIN?

AND PLEASE WHAT ARE THE NECESSARY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO ATTACH WHEN APPLYING??

PLEASE GUY THIS IS URGENT.

GOD BLESS US ALL.

The necessary documents are I-20 & SEVIS FEE RECEIPT.

I was denied and was told that it's only once per MRV receipt.

Well, just send mail to the consular with your SEVIS FEE RECEIPT & I-20.

I wish you all the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2020
Kateyy:
Good day guys

After previous denial, is it possible I get another appointment before school resumes in January? Cos earliest dats am seeing is March and April
yes, there is still aa lot of time before your resumption. Just keep checking the website for dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bellaluve(f): 11:36am On Nov 09, 2020
Mine was denied as well. Just saw the email. It is well. I wasn't given a reason for the denial though. Do they give reasons
Lildairo:

The necessary documents are I-20 & SEVIS FEE RECEIPT.

I was denied and was told that it's only once per MRV receipt.

Well, just send mail to the consular with your SEVIS FEE RECEIPT & I-20.

I wish you all the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2020
I think they said resumption within 60 days for emergency request.. mine falls within but still denied emergency request.. please what’s the way forward.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2020
Bellaluve:
Mine was denied as well. Just saw the email. It is well. I wasn't given a reason for the denial though. Do they give reasons
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 11:47am On Nov 09, 2020
GeoOla25:
I think they said resumption within 60 days for emergency request.. mine falls within but still denied emergency request.. please what’s the way forward.

Did you attach sevis payment receipt?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bellaluve(f): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2020
Did they give a reason for the denial?
GeoOla25:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 11:49am On Nov 09, 2020
I didn’t attach sevis receipt. Maybe that’s the reason. But how do I really now? I have tried looking for ways to reapply can’t find.

What can one do now??

Please guys help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bellaluve(f): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2020
I was referring to my emergency request application, not a visa interview
Geewin69:

Hey. Were you placed on AP?
Also, posting your transcript will be a good idea. Maybe the gurus in the house can help identify what the problem was.

My two cents!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2020
Bellaluve:

I was given reason. They sent me two different mails. One was the denial without reason. The other was with reason that I failed to meet the necessary requirements for emergency appointment which are I-20 & SEVIS FEE.

I mailed them with the SEVIS FEE RECEIPT but they replied that I have exhausted my emergency request slot, that it's one per MRV receipt.

I was lucky to see dates in December, so I terminated my March appointment and rescheduled for December 11th.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2020
Bellaluve:
I was referring to my emergency request application, not a visa interview

Oops! Sorry.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2020
Lildairo:

I was given reason. They sent me two different mails. One was the denial without reason. The other was with reason that I failed to meet the necessary requirements for emergency appointment which are I-20 & SEVIS FEE.

I mailed them with the SEVIS FEE RECEIPT but they replied that I have exhausted my emergency request slot, that it's one per MRV receipt.

I was lucky to see dates in December, so I terminated my March appointment and rescheduled for December 11th.

So please can I go ahead and terminate my present appointment for April next year and begin to look for dates?? What do u advise??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bellaluve(f): 11:56am On Nov 09, 2020
Oh I see. That means I'm yet to get the second mail.

How did you see the new dates? Was the calendar showing when you logged in or you clicked on the "reschedule appointment" button first?
Lildairo:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lete:

So please can I go ahead and terminate my present appointment for April next year and begin to look for dates?? What do u advise??

Honestly, I don't know what to say. Just keep checking your dashboard and nairaland to know when they would make more dates available for December.

I rescheduled mine in October and it was only Lagos that had date for December then. I reside in Abuja and wanted an interview with the Abuja Embassy but now I'll be going to Lagos.

Just keep your hope alive that they would make dates available for December or latest, 1st week of January.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
When checking to reschedule appointments, see the attachment of a notice there.

Does it mean that once you exceed the viewing time of that page you can no longer even check for earliest dates??

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
Bellaluve:
Oh I see. That means I'm yet to get the second mail.

How did you see the new dates? Was the calendar showing when you logged in or you clicked on the "reschedule appointment" button first?
I am yet to get a second mail too, I did attach the SEVIS fee payment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lildairo:

Honestly, I don't know what to say. Just keep checking your dashboard and nairaland to know when they would make more dates available for December.

I rescheduled mine in October and it was only Lagos that had date for December then. I reside in Abuja and wanted an interview with the Abuja Embassy but now I'll be going to Lagos.

Just keep your hope alive that they would make dates available for December or latest, 1st week of January.

Thanks.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.