Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357295 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2020
There is currently January 4, 2021 in Lagos. In case you need it, check your CGI account and book ASAP.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tobypills(m): 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2020
JadePrincess:
Please tell us when you do get a response!

i got an approval response two hrs ago.. I applied for 18th Nov emergency date on Wed last week.. Got an email today and was scheduled for 16th Nov.. Abuja Consulate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
Olufemi7777:
I've sent you a mail

Guys I am not seeing any mail except my private mail. So let me say it here. If your appointment is for Nov 13th and they asked that you pick June 12th.

All you have to do I pick the June appointment and then request for the emergency interview, screenshot that mail they sent you and send. They will confirm your nov 13th. That’s all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kofo4269: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
Visa Approval Transcript

I want to thank God for this entire process. It’s been God all through. He made the whole process very easy and stress less for me.
And thank you to everyone on here. Thanks for sharing information, advice and answering questions. I’ve been a silent reader but I’ve gained tremendously from your selfless efforts. Any questions I had on my mind would have been asked and answered here already. This is a very useful resource page. Thanks guys.
Here’s the transcript;

Program: PHD in Chem Engineering
Funding: Full
Highest degree: Masters
Interview Location: Abuja
Date: November 9th

Me: Hi good morning
VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Fine thank you
VO: So what are you doing now?
Me: I’m a graduate intern at a consulting firm here in Abuja.
VO: Ok, what position? ( guess he didn’t hear the graduate intern part)
Me: I’m an intern
VO: Ok, what’s your highest qualification?
Me: I have a master’s degree in Petroleum engineering.
VO: Oh wow, and now you’re going for a (checks my I-20) PhD in Chemical engineering, Ok. At Clarkson
VO: Do you have a supervisor?
Me: Yes, Prof ******
VO: Ok, and did you pick him or he picked you?
Me: She interviewed me and offered me a spot on her team.
VO: Ok cool. How long do you think you’ll spend on this?
Me: Should be 5 years although I hope to finish before then.
VO: Yea right, these things do take time right.
At this point he typed for a while and started to look through to bring out white paper.
VO: So are you married? Kids?
Me: No
Starts explaining about the white paper, honestly can’t remember what he said.
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria?
VO: continues explaining about the dhl, reciprocity blah blah, writes on one of the papers, Then passed my passport,i-20 and the white papers to me and asked me to go pay at window 4.
VO: Enjoy your stay
Me: Thank you.

Everything was about a minute.
THANK GOD!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tobypills(m): 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
BGodsonMay:
Good morning house. Please I will like to know if anyone has encountered this or has idea on how to go about it;

I received my I-20 few days back and attached to it is a Scholarship certificate stating that I've been awarded an Academic and Cultural Sharing Scholarship but the funding amount of the scholarship isn't reflecting on my I-20.
So, my question is;
1. Should I go with the certificate to my interview? And what should I say when the VO asks why it isn't reflecting on my I-20.
2. Has anyone been in this situation?? And if yes was your Visa approved??
Thanks in advance.

email ur school to add the scholarship funds to your i-20, they'll do that and send u and updated doc.. better to reflect on ur i-20 than to shalaye give VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2020
If I may ask, when did you request and when were you approved.
Loloking:

Guys I am not seeing any mail except my private mail. So let me say it here. If your appointment is for Nov 13th and they asked that you pick June 12th.

All you have to do I pick the June appointment and then request for the emergency interview, screenshot that mail they sent you and send. They will confirm your nov 13th. That’s all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
sonofakin:
If I may ask, when did you request and when were you approved.

Same day and almost immediately. I am very shock that some people haven’t gotten a response till now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kofo4269:
Visa Approval Transcript

I want to thank God for this entire process. It’s been God all through. He made the whole process very easy and stress less for me.
And thank you to everyone on here. Thanks for sharing information, advice and answering questions. I’ve been a silent reader but I’ve gained tremendously from your selfless efforts. Any questions I had on my mind would have been asked and answered here already. This is a very useful resource page. Thanks guys.
Here’s the transcript;

Program: PHD in Chem Engineering
Funding: Full
Highest degree: Masters
Interview Location: Abuja
Date: November 9th

Me: Hi good morning
VO: Good morning, how are you?
Me: Fine thank you
VO: So what are you doing now?
Me: I’m a graduate intern at a consulting firm here in Abuja.
VO: Ok, what position? ( guess he didn’t hear the graduate intern part)
Me: I’m an intern
VO: Ok, what’s your highest qualification?
Me: I have a master’s degree in Petroleum engineering.
VO: Oh wow, and now you’re going for a (checks my I-20) PhD in Chemical engineering, Ok. At Clarkson
VO: Do you have a supervisor?
Me: Yes, Prof ******
VO: Ok, and did you pick him or he picked you?
Me: She interviewed me and offered me a spot on her team.
VO: Ok cool. How long do you think you’ll spend on this?
Me: Should be 5 years although I hope to finish before then.
VO: Yea right, these things do take time right.
At this point he typed for a while and started to look through to bring out white paper.
VO: So are you married? Kids?
Starts explaining about the white paper, honestly can’t remember what he said.
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria?
VO: continues explaining about the dhl, reciprocity blah blah, writes on one of the papers, Then passed my passport,i-20 and the white papers to me and asked me to go pay at window 4.
VO: Enjoy your stay
Me: Thank you.

Everything was about a minute.
THANK GOD!!

Congratulations. I tap into this oooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2020
I guess they are not consistent with addressing the issue. Also, some people already have a later appointment on the appointment booking platform which makes it difficult to follow the rule stated in the email
Loloking:

Same day and almost immediately. I am very shock that some people haven’t gotten a response till now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SisiNini(f): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
HisEminence:
UPDATE!!!

F2 Visa approved

So thankful to God and everyone here . I will send in my transcript when I'm calm.

���

Congratulations, sir!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
Did you receive an email when it was confirmed?
Loloking:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
Loloking:

I've done that, yet no response from them and my CGI still shows June 19, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IrishCrown(f): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello all,

I booked April 2021 appointment on my profile and requested for emergency appointment immediately on my profile. I have not gotten any response from them except the April 2021 confirmation.

Do I wait on the response for emergency request sent from my profile or I need to send an e- mail requesting for Emergency Appointment after that?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
sonofakin:
Did you receive an email when it was confirmed?

Yes and immediately too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2020
Comique:

I've done that, yet no response from them and my CGI still shows June 19, 2021

In the emergency request did you send only the first email they sent you, that’s the one they asked you to pick June?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
Loloking:

In the emergency request did you send only the first email they sent you, that’s the one they asked you to pick June?

I send a copy of the email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
I was waiting for your message. congratulations!

HisEminence:
UPDATE!!!

F2 Visa approved

So thankful to God and everyone here . I will send in my transcript when I'm calm.

���

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
Loloking:

I sent you an email, kindly check
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2020
Please to be safe, try to convince them to have it on your 1=20. Period!

BGodsonMay:
Good morning house. Please I will like to know if anyone has encountered this or has idea on how to go about it;

I received my I-20 few days back and attached to it is a Scholarship certificate stating that I've been awarded an Academic and Cultural Sharing Scholarship but the funding amount of the scholarship isn't reflecting on my I-20.
So, my question is;
1. Should I go with the certificate to my interview? And what should I say when the VO asks why it isn't reflecting on my I-20.
2. Has anyone been in this situation?? And if yes was your Visa approved??
Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stalon99(m): 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
Stalon99:
Please gurus in the house I need your advice. I applied to two schools ( Marymount University Arlington Georgia and Bowie State University Maryland). I got admitted into Marymount University for the Spring 2021. But for some reasons I prefer Bowie state University. And I am waiting for their admission decision. Though what is left to complete my application is WES evaluation. WES is yet to complete the evaluation and send to Bowie. Now I'm afraid that due to the delays in Wes evaluation I may not make it for spring admission. I really want spring admission. Now my question is this; is it possible for me to request an i-20 from Marymount, schedule an interview then when I get to USA I change school to Bowie state University.
NOTE: I got no funding from Marymount.
Gurus in the house kindly advise me please.

Guru kindly advise me on this please.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
Comique:

I sent you an email, kindly check

Not seeing any mail. I think all Nov 13th appointment should go to the embassy with all details. From the cancellation because of the protest to reschedule to the new ones they sent that is to pick June and let them make sure of your emergency appointment. Print them all out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
Loloking:

Not seeing any mail. I think all Nov 13th appointment should go to the embassy with all details. From the cancellation because of the protest to reschedule to the new ones they sent that is to pick June and let them make sure of your emergency appointment. Print them all out.

Let's do it this way!.

Can you please signify if you get a response for the Nov 13 Emergency appointment today?.

Let's know if they are manually doing this or rolling it out in batches...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lete:

Yes you, I just called them now, and the lady that picked said MRV are used twice. So if u see an earlier date u can.

I am keeping my fingers crossed right now because after been denied emergency appointment there’s nothing one can do but to wait and hope that an early date is released again.

I pray that God will help and answer all of us in this category.

Hoping for the best guys.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
Comique:

Let's do it this way!.

Can you please signify if you get a response for the Nov 13 Emergency appointment today?.

Let's know if they are manually doing this or rolling it out in batches...

Ok sure.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nayo10(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
Sorry to disturb you guys, I have been reading the trend so far, I would like to ask some questions
1) is there anyone on this platform that has been approved without scholarship or full funding because I have been trying to get a scholarship but it has not been easy
2) I got admission for post undergraduate nursing program, do you think it is a red flag for visa interview?
3) point of contact in USA on the ds-160, what if I don't have anyone that can stand for me, how do I tackle that?
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2020
Thought it was only Wednesdays and fridays interviews are held in the consulate at the moment..someone got approved today..guess things are going back to normal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kateyy: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
Someone should please help me rectify my cgif. Portal. I mistakenly registered under Indonesia instead of Nigeria, the service support isn’t giving me positive feedback
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kateyy: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2020
Can anyone be of help here? I mistakenly registered my cgif portal under Indonesia instead of Nigeria n service support isn’t giving me positive feedback
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kateyy:
Can anyone be of help here? I mistakenly registered my cgif portal under Indonesia instead of Nigeria n service support isn’t giving me positive feedback

Ah this one gidi gan oooo.

Have you mailed?
If yes, also try to put a call through to them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by phizzle20: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
Waiting for same feedback too
Comique:
May I know if anyone has gotten a feedback, those of us scheduled for an emergency appointment for Nov 13, and later got an email to pick June 19, 2021 to fill an emergency appointment on the portal..

I did accordingly to the instructions in the mail and yet no feedback from them.

What can I do??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
nayo10:
Sorry to disturb you guys, I have been reading the trend so far, I would like to ask some questions
1) is there anyone on this platform that has been approved without scholarship or full funding because I have been trying to get a scholarship but it has not been easy
2) I got admission for post undergraduate nursing program, do you think it is a red flag for visa interview?
3) point of contact in USA on the ds-160, what if I don't have anyone that can stand for me, how do I tackle that?
Thank you

For number 3 use the name of the immigration advisor on your i20 and use the school address and his email too.

Then for your own address still use the school address to show that you will stay on campus

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello House,

On the DS-160 form I only entered university (Bsc) degree. Is there any need to enter details for the secondary school as well ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.