Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362834 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
did u submit ur sevis fee and i-20 with it?
GeoOla25:
Please can i resubmit a request for emergency appointment .
Cos reason behind first emergency request denial not stated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2020
Phori:
did u submit ur sevis fee and i-20 with it?
Yes both .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
GeoOla25:

I am yet to get a second mail too, I did attach the SEVIS fee payment
And I20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2020
Ftos:

And I20?
u
I attached PDF I-20
Attached PDF. SEVIS fee payment confirmation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BGodsonMay: 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good morning house. Please I will like to know if anyone has encountered this or has idea on how to go about it;

I received my I-20 few days back and attached to it is a Scholarship certificate stating that I've been awarded an Academic and Cultural Sharing Scholarship but the funding amount of the scholarship isn't reflecting on my I-20.
So, my question is;
1. Should I go with the certificate to my interview? And what should I say when the VO asks why it isn't reflecting on my I-20.
2. Has anyone been in this situation?? And if yes was your Visa approved??
Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zic24: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2020
Please house, what's the probability of getting a visa for associate degree program and how will I go about the interview. Has anyone attempted that? Please is urgent.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2020
Zic24:
Please house, what's the probability of getting a visa for associate degree program and how will I go about the interview. Has anyone attempted that? Please is urgent.

How old are you and do u have a bsc
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zic24: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
32yr, have a bsc
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
Zic24:
32yr, have a bsc

Possible to get but very hard to convince a Vo......

why not use your bsc and get an msc or mba admission
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
BGodsonMay:
Good morning house. Please I will like to know if anyone has encountered this or has idea on how to go about it;

I received my I-20 few days back and attached to it is a Scholarship certificate stating that I've been awarded an Academic and Cultural Sharing Scholarship but the funding amount of the scholarship isn't reflecting on my I-20.
So, my question is;
1. Should I go with the certificate to my interview? And what should I say when the VO asks why it isn't reflecting on my I-20.
2. Has anyone been in this situation?? And if yes was your Visa approved??
Thanks in advance.

Email your school that you'd like the scholarship to reflect on your i20, get the new i20 and print it.

The VO might not look at the certificate, so make sure it reflects on the i20

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2020
Youngstown:

I have not canceled or rescheduled before. Only my emergency appointment that was rescheduled due to the protest.

Any luck @Youngstown? I called them, they said I should send an email. Below is their response to my email. I am currently trying to call them again as I have asked someone to check if June 19th is still available and it isn't so I don't want to jump to pay another fee.

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you have a query regarding the appointment rescheduling.

In response to your query,Our records indicates that you have scheduled an appointment on Monday January 4, 2021 09:30 we request you to proceed further.

Please note:Once the emergency raised to a particular consulate if the applicant tries to reschedule the appointment to a different location the emergency request get closed.
We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
Are you planning to first reschedule to june 19 before requesting for emergency appointment?
Lethhhgooo:

Any luck @Youngstown? I called them, they said I should send an email. Below is their response to my email. I am currently trying to call them again as I have asked someone to check if June 19th is still available and it isn't so I don't want to jump to pay another fee.

Dear Applicant,

In response to your query,Our records indicates that you have scheduled an appointment on Monday January 4, 2021 09:30 we request you to proceed further.

Please note:Once the emergency raised to a particular consulate if the applicant tries to reschedule the appointment to a different location the emergency request get closed.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
sonofakin:
Are you planning to first reschedule to june 19 before requesting for emergency appointment?

Yes. That was the instruction from the Consulate but I can't reschedule or request an expedited appointment, I can only cancel
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2020
Did you request for the emergency appointment with your jan 4 date already?
Lethhhgooo:

Yes. That was the instruction from the Consulate but I can't reschedule or request an expedited appointment, I can only cancel
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
If by associate degree you mean communities colleges ,then the chances are slim some years back that wasn’t an issue really but now it is.
Nevertheless you can still go ahead, you might get it base on you been favored

Zic24:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2020
Zic24:
32yr, have a bsc

You are 32years and have a BSC. You would most likely not be approved for an Associate degree cause it's lesser than BSC, even the chance of getting approval for another BS at that age is slim.

I will suggest you apply for a graduate program instead

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 2:50pm On Nov 09, 2020
Truth is that the embassy has put hs in a very difficult position. People that requested since last week have not heard from them. Just three days before Friday, what is the assurance that one will hear from them after cancelling a closer appointment date
Lethhhgooo:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bellaluve(f): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2020
June 19th is available now. April 6th as well
Lethhhgooo:

Dear Applicant,

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
If I see this information on my profile, can I still reschedule my appointment if I see an earlier date?
Note: I have not cancelled an appointment before.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by benji93: 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
h
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lete: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
Paragontek:
If I see this information on my profile, can I still reschedule my appointment if I see an earlier date?
Note: I have not cancelled an appointment before.

Yes you, I just called them now, and the lady that picked said MRV are used twice. So if u see an earlier date u can.

I am keeping my fingers crossed right now because after been denied emergency appointment there’s nothing one can do but to wait and hope that an early date is released again.

I pray that God will help and answer all of us in this category.

Hoping for the best guys.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2020
Olufemi7777:
Same here. Waiting patiently!

I got a feedback and was given a confirmation for the same Nov13th. Why are you finding it difficult, let me help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2020
How did you go about it? When did you apply and when did you get the confirmation?
Loloking:

I got a feedback and was given a confirmation for the same Nov13th. Why are you finding it difficult, let me help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
Arisukuni:
Good day to you all! Trust you all are doing well.

Please I need response from you guys regards to the attachment I have here.

An F1 interview was attended, visa was approved at 4th attempt, and SOA and sponsorship letter notarized by a Lawyer were taken down. It was asked by the VO if she can go ahead and confirm the authenticity of the documents, a response was given in affirmation that she can go ahead. After which the white paper for approval was given and the paper for collection of Passport at the DHL, the interview was held at Abuja, the pick up was isolo.

After 2 days of AP, the 3rd day It changed to refused, some minutes later a mail came in stating that the Visa was refused, and there was an attached of the 214B form the generic one that usually issue to applicants upon refusal at the point of the interview.

When passport was picked at DHL isolo, the white attachment you can see here is what was found inside the passport along side the 214B, the green color. All these happened last year!

1. Please with the attachment here, what's the interpretation of it?

2. Canada and USA share same information, will whatever on this paper reflect on Canadian database, will the USA attempt affect the Canada visa issuance, or will it in any form affect the issuance of Canada visa, either visiting or PR?

Sincere response will be highly appreciated from you all.

Thank you for your attention, and thank you for reading .

Appear like a story I have heard before.
What you do with US embassy is in the system for Canadian embassy to access and assess.
I have seen cases of students who were refused by the US embassy and then tried Canadian visa but didn't disclose they were refused by the US. The visa was refused and they were banned for 5 years (If I still remember).
Remark must have been left on your profile, and Canada have access to that profile while evaluating your document to determine if you qualify for the class of visa you've applied for

The applicant who had similar experience you are having was clearly warned. He reached out to me from this thread, and I remember warning him not to take fake bank statement to the embassy, but he didn't listen. I want to believe this is not the same person.

Additionally, these days, Canada rarely give visiting visas to people without travel history and enough fund in their account and professional background. So if you will be paying anybody or or doing the visa application for Canadian visa by yourself, make sure you know what you are doing. All the best!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lete:

Yes you, I just called them now, and the lady that picked said MRV are used twice. So if u see an earlier date u can.

I am keeping my fingers crossed right now because after been denied emergency appointment there’s nothing one can do but to wait and hope that an early date is released again

I pray that God will help and answer all of us in this category.

Hoping for the best guys.
Have you checked your dashboard, is there no emergency request there by now ... if it has come up you can send request again I think
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
Zic24:
Please house, what's the probability of getting a visa for associate degree program. How do I go about the interview?

You will be refused. Don't try it!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kateyy: 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good day everyone

I made a mistake in my cgif form, I filled in for Indonesia instead of Nigeria. What can I do cos I have written to service support n nothing have been done.

I want to pay sevis fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olufemi7777: 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
I've sent you a mail

Loloking:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by teepyannix: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
Dgreatestt:
Undergraduate: HND, hospitality Management
Funding: GTA plus Department Scholarship(s)
School: Texas Tech University
Deficit: ~$2,700
Course: Hotel Management
7am appointment

I hope the above helps someone out there.

NL has been helpful through the process for me, so I owe this platform my transcript. A big thanks to fairheart, you are always ready to help. To my Acer's WhatsApp group family, big thank you. And to my Gee, Ahmed, you're a true friend. despite having your visa more than a month now, you didnt stop motivating and reminding me we'll both be on the flight together to Texas. Thanks alot brother. Really boosted my confidence

At the interview hall, i noticed only two VO's were working. i must state that, both of them were friendly, atleast from the conversations i heard. And btw, it was an Approval back to back from them, the approval rate must have exceeded 80%, from what i observed while on the queue. So this gave me some more confidence. Then it was my turn. Here is my conversation with the VO.

VO: good morning
Me: good morning
VO: where are you going?
Me: I'm going the Texas Tech University for my masters degree in hotel management.
Vo: Hotel management hmm
Me: Yes, hotel management
Vo: why hotel management
Me: (about to talk, vo cut)
Vo: oh so which hotel are you working(must have seen from DS 160)
Me: bleep hotel, here in Lagos.
vo: Oh, bleep hotel.
Vo: So you did your nysc (i wasnt sure if he was asking when i did it or if i did it)
me: Yes, i did my NYSC. ( trying to avoid too much talk)
Vo: looks at his system, then said, Full funding hmm?(in my mind i started wondering if this VO didnt see the over 2k deficit in it)
Me: So i simply responded, Yes, full funding.
Vo: How did you get the funding
Me: I evaluated my transcript with world education service (WES), after which the official copy was sent to the school, i also submitted my SOP, resume and GRE score, and then ..(vo cuts in again)
Me: what was your GRE score
Me: i had ** in verbal, ** in quant and ** in writing.
Vo: at this point, the vo picked my i20 again and started looking at it seriously, seem he was comparing or confirming something on his system also. This period seem to be the longest 30seconds or more time of my life�
Me: (my mind, i just kept telling myself that my village pple must not get me today. the look was taking long) I kept my cool still.
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No sir, Never had any reason to.
Vo: Married, any kids?
Me: No.
Vo: i will be approving your visa, go to windows 22 to pay your reciprocity fee. Enjoy your study in the US
Me: Thank you sir. i sharply run off, before he remember another question. lol

NB: No single document was asked. typing it now seem longer. i dont think it lasted up to 4min
I just thank God.

This is so inspiring bro...congratulations. Plz can u share with me how u were able to apply with ur HND for masters because so many ppl dont know we can actually use HND to apply for masters in the USA? I also have HND and have been trying ways through which I can use it to apply for masters in the USA with full funding..u can mail me on teepyannix@gmail.com
Will be waiting for ur reply. Thank u
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Peacock1234: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2020
[quote author=tobypills post=95825670][/quote]

Thanks for the feedback

(1) (2) (3) ... (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.