Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1359960 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
favouredtk:

I doubt there's any "how" to it? Follow the prompt on the screen that says "print confirmation" and print it like any regular document, you can print it coloured because of the passport photo but I don't think it matters. I know someone who went with black and white and it wasn't an issue.
Yes. He/She should make sure the printout is very clear, with the vital information and barcodes(?) on it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2020
majorstark:
All this VISA APPROVE just dey sweeten my belley.

grin grin grin
Congratulations to everyone! More grace and favour to us all. Stay safely blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alwaysbecool: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hello guys,
I am actually at my wits end now. I was denied a few weeks back and I have not been able to get a new date up till now. My earliest appointment date is march and my school resumes in Jan. What can I do? Has anyone previously denied been able to get a new date? I even called the embassy and was told to keep checking. Am just down now. Kindly advise plssss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
Spanishmilf:
$77k dollar ke
Wetin u dey study
Kaii! See raw funding! grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
Inzaghi04:
Please Have anyone flown through Turkish airline before?
how was the experience?
I heard there are long layovers?
I am about to book a flight and Turkish airline seems to be on a cheaper side but I heard bad reviews. can anyone confirm this here?
Hello! I booked one recently too. I won't lie to you, there will be atmost 6hours layover at Instanbul, Turkey, and another lay over of atmost 3hours at Los Angeles. It depends on the traveler. I like the lay overs in a way, because they kinda help me explore areas I've not been to. I prefer exploring and getting to know places, as I transit to my destination. The taste varies. You might not enjoy the lay overs. Besides, you stand a chance of getting student discount if you're not above 25years(please confirm this figure from Turkish Airline website).

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
omofolajomi:
Good day Guru's in the house,

I need your help, i am trying to complete my Ds160 form and i need clarity on the educational level information,
qeustion 1 : am i suppose to fill in my secondary school information or just the university i attended here in nigeria
Good question. In my case, I filled both my secondary school information and that of the university I attended here in Nigeria.

PS:
Likely Interview Question:
VO: I can see you finished school in 2016, and have not been previously employed. What have you been doing since 2016?
(It sounds kinda awkward to not do anything after graduation in 2016. How about NYSC and other opportunities in line with your field of studies? Note: These are just my wild thoughts. I am not a VO)

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Altracey2: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hello everyone, good afternoon.

In trying to apply for an expeditated interview, is it compulsory to pay SEVIS fee before the emergency application?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
Inzaghi04:
I am guessing this means the passport is ready for pick up?
I just received this email now
Hope my guess is right?
Dear Inzaghi04,

Yes! You are right. Go get your passport!

Thank you for your esteemed interest in the US. Do enjoy your stay! smiley

Best regards,

vc1177
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
LagosismyHome:

This will never be anybody here portion..... amen .

Stop it ....behave
AMEN! I strongly believe s/he is looking for subscribers.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
Oyindamola1234:

Hello house I need help urgent, about emergency interview, please someone should please message me, this is my WhatsApp number xxxxxxx. I got approved and I don’t know where to print the new date. I just saw your emergency date has been approved. and also my formal date that I scheduled has not been updated. Thank you in advance.

You need to schedule appointment yourself. GO to your portal and click on reschedule appointment. Then look for a new date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2020
Inzaghi04:

Do you know the current rate at the airport?
Hello. I'm interested in this schedule as well. From my inquiries, the rates are not constant. They vary.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2020
kennedyemmy:
Hello guys. I wish to get an Affidavit of Support from my Sponsor but she doesn't know how to go about it.
Please can someone advise me on where Affidavit of Support can be drafted and signed, and how it is been done?
Thank you so much.
I know law courts do that affidavit stuff. Speaking based on Lagos/Nigeria experience, when you get to a high court(avoiding scammers outside), you'd be attended to by a personnel from that place. Try and explain the type of affidavit you want, and they will demand some details/documents from you, and take it up from from there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oyindamola1234(f): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
FutureSenator:

You need to schedule appointment yourself. GO to your portal and click on reschedule appointment. Then look for a new date.
the new date I am seeing is Jan 6 and I need to resume to school December 28, and I do t know if they are going to bring December again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
Oyindamola1234:
the new date I am seeing is Jan 6 and I need to resume to school December 28, and I do t know if they are going to bring December again.

Reschedule to Jan 6 first . Then you can keep checking later if any earlier date will appear again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oyindamola1234(f): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
FutureSenator:

Reschedule to Jan 6 first . Then you can keep checking later if any earlier date will appear again.
okay, thank you �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Salam038: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2020
Alhamdulillah Robili Allameen.

My VISA was approved this morning at the Abuja Embassy. I will drop my Transcripts soonest..

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
Altracey2:
Hello everyone, good afternoon.

In trying to apply for an expeditated interview, is it compulsory to pay SEVIS fee before the emergency application?

Thank you.
Yes, you have to pay the Sevis fee before they can approve your emergency request
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Altracey2: 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
EfTee14:
Yes, you have to pay the Sevis fee before they can approve your emergency request

Thank you so much.

Please I need help with Sevis fee payment. Can anyone help me out?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majorstark: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2020

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2020
Undergraduate applicants without SAT/ACT.
This is the best time to send your applications to U.S colleges.
Most good colleges are going test-optional for fall 2021 due to the COVID-19ish and not submitting your test scores would not be a disadvantage to your application.
Do not be afraid to send your application to any school irrespective of the acceptance rate once it suits your profile plus you have some cool ECs and Recs. *Shoot your shot*
Some of these colleges also give some good Financial Aid and test optional scholarships too.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by aoluwakemi17: 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hello, please who has been able to secure another date for a visa interview after being refused sometimes in October, 2020?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2020
vc1177:

Hello! I booked one recently too. I won't lie to you, there will be atmost 6hours layover at Instanbul, Turkey, and another lay over of atmost 3hours at Los Angeles. It depends on the traveler. I like the lay overs in a way, because they kinda help me explore areas I've not been to. I prefer exploring and getting to know places, as I transit to my destination. The taste varies. You might not enjoy the lay overs. Besides, you stand a chance of getting student discount if you're not above 25years(please confirm this figure from Turkish Airline website).

Do you know if the covid19 test is necessary?
What about yellow fever test.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
Salam038:
Alhamdulillah Robili Allameen.

My VISA was approved this morning at the Abuja Embassy. I will drop my Transcripts soonest..

COngrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pointednose: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2020
Please how do I know there are new appointment dates if I already have a date scheduled but wish to get a nearer date?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 7:45pm On Dec 16, 2020
Congratulations to all who got their Visas recently.
Turkish Airline is giving discount for students flying to some destinations such as Houston. You might want to call their office.

For those who have been asking how to pay SEVIS fee, you can contact walspring. If you truly truly are not able to reach him, you can contact me.

For those needing mock interviews, you can contact fairhart, if you truly truly are not able to reach him, you can contact me.

I dont guarantee that i will respond to your email, but if i can, i will.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.