Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,501 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362285 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Good morning house,
While filling my ds 160 form, I tried uploading a passport photo. It kept returning the error
there is a missing or invalid parameter in your request.
please what is going on.
I have tried several pictures and several browsers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Good morning everyone!
My expedited appointment in abuja was denied this morning, is it okay if I reschedule and choose lagos then request for an expedited date there?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 11:19am On Dec 29, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6335653/covid-19-fg-national-assembly-consider

If you've gotten your visa and resumption is within a month, please find your way in case they mean what is in the link above.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Rhonah:
Good morning everyone!
My expedited appointment in abuja was denied this morning, is it okay if I reschedule and choose lagos then request for an expedited date there?

I got same rejection email this morning, and my resumption is on the 20th of January, while the date I got is 25th of January. I don't know why Abuja embassy is doing this, I'm even confused on what to do now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
frapzkid:
Good morning house,
While filling my ds 160 form, I tried uploading a passport photo. It kept returning the error
please what is going on.

how i wished someone could reply me . please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abisolaitan: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wow... Congrats Tolani
I am also resuming Bowie State University in January
My interview is scheduled for Thursday 31st
Praying it ends well
I really wish to meet you
Omotolani88:

16th December 2020.
I was scheduled for 8:30am but I finished before 8:30.

I was interviewed by the white man.

VO: Good morning, and how are you?(he was smiling)
Me: (with my 32 I smiled like my life depended on it) Good morning sir and I am fine thank you.

VO: Where are you going to?

Me: I am going for my masters in HRD at Bowie State Uni Maryland.

VO: How did you come about this school?

Me: During my undergraduate studies one of my lecturer was privilege to attend a conference at Maryland and then she came across graduate students and professors from the school. When she got back, she told us in class how she was impressed as the graduate student participated during the conference and sang their praises. That kicked start my interest in the school and I further did some research and realise that aside the masters degree I would be getting from Bowie, I would also be getting a free project mgt cert.

VO: (He then started staring at my passport where I had my Ghana trip page and was mute for about 10 to 15 mins typing). (I also had south Africa visa but I didn't visit the country). He said you've been to so many countries, riit?

Me: No, just Ghana. I couldn't travel to South Africa because it was during the xenophobic attack.
VO: oh that.

VO: (took another 5mins typing again) then he said tell me about your trip to Ghana.

Me: I told him about it

VO: (took time to type again) who is sponsoring you?
Me: I have been able to save up some funds and my aunt would be assisting me aswell

VO: what does your aunt do?
Me: Shes a managing director at xyz and have so may properties in her name because she is also onto real estate.

VO: why does she want to assist you?
Me: she has always been interest in my career and even assisted me during my undergraduate studies.

VO: You've not answered why she wants to spend her money on you?
Me: So my mum assisted her when she was going to school, and she wants to pay back by assisting me.

VO: What does your mum do?
Me: she owes a 60,000litres Tank that she uses to supply kerosene ....

VO: What do you intend to do with your Masters degree?

Me: my company runs an open-door policy whereby you can go for your studies and still come back to your previous position or a higher one.
And since I'd be coming back from the USA with world best practices i'm certain that i’d be getting a higher position at my current place of work

VO: aside from your mum and aunt who else are you leaving behind in Nig?

Me: I'm married and my elder sis son is stays with me. He even calls me mummy

VO: Is she dead?

Me: No o, she had issue with her ex husband and so I assist to care for the boy.

VO: so where will the boy be when you leave?

Me: my sis just got a job with xyz and her salary is about.......so she is now capable of caring for you alone

I would be approving your visa and your passport will be available.... walai I didn't hear the rest o
I was just shining my teeth saying thank you.

I noticed that the VO likes when you are detailed which was why I spoke a lot.
Also, don't forget to pray, pray hard and you would be surprise how things would turn out.
Thanks to Naiaralanders for all your support. May God continue to bless us all. I love you guys.

Please guys how many days does it take to get my passport cos on the dashboard it's saying your passport is still with our embassy?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by t4thayour: 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
For those planning to go through Turkish airline. I called the customer service.

They confirmed you will require a PCR COVID test done at most, 72 hours before your departure day. The below link confirms same: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/turkish-airlines-to-start-requiring-pcr-submissions-as-of-dec-30/2089778

If you want to do the PCR test, you can go through the ncdc link below:

nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/on boarding/how-it-works

Amount: N50,400

Registration is pretty straightforward and simple. What I am waiting to confirm is the ease of getting the actual test done, and getting the result.

Hopefully, that will also go smoothly...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
Motiqueen:

I got same rejection email this morning, and my resumption is on the 20th of January, while the date I got is 25th of January. I don't know why Abuja embassy is doing this, I'm even confused on what to do now.
I just got off the phone with them now and they advised i should not cancel that if I cancel I won't get a closer date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
Rhonah:

I just got off the phone with them now and they advised i should not cancel that if I cancel I won't get a closer date.

PLEASE WHAT IS THE NUMBER YOU CALLED ,
I WANT TO COMPLAIN TOO CONCERNING THE PASSPORT PHOTO UPLOAD . BEEN TRYING ENDLESSLY
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=Motiqueen post=97523753]

I got same rejection email this morning, and my resumption is on the 20th of January, while the date I got is 25th of January. I don't know why Abuja embassy is doing this, I'm even confused on what to do now. [/quote
I think you can send your school an email requesting they give you additional time to resume due to immigration delay in your country.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
frapzkid:

I WANT TO COMPLAIN TOO CONCERNING THE PASSPORT PHOTO UPLOAD . BEEN TRYING ENDLESSLY
I will suggest you try and take another passport. +23412278955 that is the number I called.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon2438: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
Pls does anyone know the earliest available date for those that have been recently denied in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrChillz(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
Have you resolved this? I know someone having the same issue today. Pls let me know if you find a solution
frapzkid:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2020
Rhonah:

I will suggest you try and take another passport. +23412278955 that is the number I called.

i doubt i just called a travel agent and he tried with different passports of people that went through before and the same error. I think is a technical error something about abode flash fading away by 31st of december 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
MrChillz:
Have you resolved this? I know someone having the same issue today. Pls let me know if you find a solution

not yet ... It could be a general problem for now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrChillz(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
Okay thanks. So there is's no way to proceed and book an appointment.....dang
frapzkid:

not yet ... It could be a general problem for now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
MrChillz:
Okay thanks. So there is's no way to proceed and book an appointment.....dang

give me a text on 08108832060 . let chat
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrChillz(m): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
check whatsapp
frapzkid:

give me a text on 08108832060 . let chat
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dNairaman: 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
iPLEXUS:

I got a green slip and I am open to sharing too if you want to

Sure chief. See attachment, therein lies the content of the white slip.

Kindly post yours too.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
frapzkid:
Good morning house,
please what is going on.

Something might be wrong with your photo. Why not go to a studio. give them the dimensions of the passport size. Take with proper lightening. have them send it to you and you upload it on your system there. I once experience this but mine was telling me that my photo was blur. I just went to the photo studio, took another and uploaded it there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
dNairaman:

Sure chief. See attachment, therein lies the content of the white slip.

Kindly post yours too.
I hope you can read it, I am away from the slip now but here’s a photo I have of it.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2020
Inzaghi04:

Something might be wrong with your photo. Why not go to a studio. give them the dimensions of the passport size. Take with proper lightening. have them send it to you and you upload it on your system there. I once experience this but mine was telling me that my photo was blur. I just went to the photo studio, took another and uploaded it there.
THANKS but that is not the error is showing , i have even uploaded photos of people that applied before and is shpwing the same error,
(there is a missing or invalid parameter in your request )
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
frapzkid:

THANKS but that is not the error is showing , i have even uploaded photos of people that applied before and is shpwing the same error,
(there is a missing or invalid parameter in your request )

you can log out and try it on another computer or smart phone
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Joclins: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hello guys, had two admission.
One to Western Illinois and Other to Southern Illinois for Fall 2021.
Both with partial scholarship and deficit of $23k.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeatricSonate: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
You won't need to quarantine when you arrive at New York.

I landed in New York 2 days ago and proceeded to New Jersey immediately to connect another flight.

Cheers!

amos4real:

Okay thank you bro.
Please do you know weather people landing in New York will quarantine themselves before proceeding to their connecting flight?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dNairaman: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
iPLEXUS:

I hope you can read it, I am away from the slip now but here’s a photo I have of it.

Thanks for sharing chief.

Wouldn't mind getting a clearer version as soon as you can take the shot.

Once again, thanks...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GenerousK: 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Joclins:
They request that i submit a financial statement but, I don't know how to go about that as I don't have access to a statement with such huge amounts.
I know some people here too have once been in my shoes so I request for a way out or how to go about it.

Please can you share the program you applied to? Also did you submit GRE score?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Joclins: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
GenerousK:

Please can you share the program you applied to? Also did you submit GRE score?

Undergrad programme.
Biomedical Science and Biochemistry respectively
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
Joclins:
They request that i submit a financial statement but, I don't know how to go about that as I don't have access to a statement with such huge amounts.
I know some people here too have once been in my shoes so I request for a way out or how to go about it.

You just didn't have to present the statement. That is the estimated COA.. How do you intend to sort this out while in US?
Probably might be personally.
I suggest you get a school with less deficit or full ride that would help your stay in the US

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon2438: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Is there an implication for not filling recently denied when applying for an interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Joclins: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2020
SoccerUSA:

You just didn't have to present the statement. That is the estimated COA.. How do you intend to sort this out while in US?
Probably might be personally.
I suggest you get a school with less deficit or full ride that would help your stay in the US

I have an uncle I can stay with for accommodation and Board.
Tuition fee of $16k is what I think I can afford upon arrival and enrollment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dodoyinsolar202: 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
Joclins:

Alright.
Where does the person stay
Hi. About the Passport. Pls Kindly check DM or mail me @ doyinsolar2020@gmail.com Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.