Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356595 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tomison(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
Asiwaju101:

Me too,let's have mock together
What'sapp 08128006722

Okay will send a dm now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
Motiqueen:

I haven't at all, I only sent an emergency request ut i was denied.
Same issue with me also, you can't transfer to lagos again , you've exceeded your trial limit except you pay another mrv and choose lagos and it seems there are early dates in lagos. I'm considering paying another fee as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2020
Friedpotato:
march 2? When does your school resume?

You observed well.
Frapzkid , are you going for Fall Semester?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GraduatesGrant(m): 4:07pm On Dec 30, 2020
Good day all and season's greetings.
I have few questions that maybe derailing though.
I was recently admitted to the University of Alabama for a PhD to commence in fall 2021. My admission letter did not come with funding but I was told that in the coming days I would receive details of my admission and next step to enroll.

I intend contacting the graduate coordinator to discuss further on this funding, but they are on holiday to resume 7th January, 2021.

Does any Nairalander know about this uni or know someone that schools there.. Please help a brother let me know what step to take next.. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
Friedpotato:
march 2? When does your school resume?
i am resuming fall 2021
which is August 22nd
Is it too early for me to apply for a visa ?
hope is not a red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
frapzkid:

i am resuming fall 2021
which is August 22nd
hope is not a red flag

It's very early and against the rules.

You can get your visa 120 days/four months before the fall semester starts.

And can only travel 30 days prior to the start state. If you travel before 30days, it's an issue at the POE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DahOriginal(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2020
Good day everyone, Has anyone here ever applied for M1 visa? It's hard trying to get someone with these experience online. Am trying to prepare for my pilot course in the US by next year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gharbz: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
Contact @Okpala_IU on twitter, he schools there

GraduatesGrant:
Good day all and season's greetings.
I have few questions that maybe derailing though.
I was recently admitted to the University of Alabama for a PhD to commence in fall 2021. My admission letter did not come with funding but I was told that in the coming days I would receive details of my admission and next step to enroll.

I intend contacting the graduate coordinator to discuss further on this funding, but they are on holiday to resume 7th January, 2021.

Does any Nairalander know about this uni or know someone that schools there.. Please help a brother let me know what step to take next.. Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
Chonco:

And can only travel 30 days prior to the start state. If you travel before 30days, it's an issue at the POE

damnnnnn
but i intend to travel by August not as soon as possible, i even put August in my ds 160 form as intended date of travel.
Please i am confused on what to do now.....................................
i want to apply early so i can easily apply again if things go south god forbid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
frapzkid:

damnnnnn
but i intend to travel by August not as soon as possible, i even put August in my ds 160 form as intended date of travel.

Way to go!

Reschedule your appointment to around May or June, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
frapzkid:

damnnnnn

What i stated is actually the rule. Do you have your I20 already?
You should have made it May/June - it falls within the 120 days rule.

May/June is more than enough for you. You can just calculate it, then pick a better date.

Intended date of arrival is valid but the appointment date is not. Reschedule
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
Chonco:

What i stated is actually the rule. Do you have your I20 already?
You should have made it May/June - it falls within the 120 days rule.

May/June is more than enough for you. You can just calculate it, then pick a better date.

Intended date of arrival is valid but the appointment date is not. Reschedule
ok thanks i think if i change it to April 29th it would be better , but before i change . i would like to find out if shift my entry to summer 2021, would the new i20 still show the same student sevis ID
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tiptoe1: 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
frapzkid:

ok thanks i think if i change it to April 29th it would be better , but before i change . i would like to find out if shift my entry to summer 2021, would the new i20 still show the same student sevis ID

It depends on your school. They're the only one to tell if they admit international students for summer semester but if not, it's better you reschedule your appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by frapzkid: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
tiptoe1:

It depends on your school. They're the only one to tell if they admit international students for summer semester but if not, it's better you reschedule your appointment.
THANKS just did to April 29TH against August 23rd
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2020
frapzkid:

Summer?
Your school start date is Aug 22nd, right? If yes, it's not summer but still Fall Semester. Leave that part.

Your SEVIS ID remains Valid and the School Start Date should remain the same; August 2021. The same way it is on your I20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drasob: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
Please do I need a negative covid 19 test result to travel to the United States. I am flying on Lufthansa on the 2nd. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nelmc: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
Pardon me. Regarding to what you said about applying for a visa too early being against the rules, please kindly explain the circled on the image below. Thanks

Chonco:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
frapzkid:

i am resuming fall 2021
which is August 22nd
hope is not a red flag
according to the rule, you can start choosing date from April 22nd.

If you're thinking of summer, you would have to contact the school, if they agree, you would obtain a new I-20. Then you'd calculate 120 days back from the start date, that's when you can start applying for visa.

If your summer semester starts May 5, you can start applying for visa January 5.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majorstark: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
frapzkid:
good evening house,
So i just got an interview date for March 2nd, how old should my financial documents be, can i used a statement of account that is 3 months old since it was printed . Please help.

6months before march 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dude, I fully understand your impatience, especially when you see people having their interviews. I also have my I-20 for Fall 2021, and I'm trying to control my emotions to just wait and start thinking of anything concerning visa in February or March. As others have said, the earliest we can have an interview is the last week of April 2021. God help us.

frapzkid:

THANKS just did to April 29TH against August 23rd
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
Good evening House,

There are still slots for tomorrow 8:30am and 11am for Lagos. Feel free to check the portal if interested.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
Funmi27:
Good evening House,

There are still slots for tomorrow 8:30am and 11am for Lagos. Feel free to check the portal if interested.

I wish this was in Abuja too cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
nelmc:
Pardon me. Regarding to what you said about applying for a visa too early being against the rules, please kindly explain the circled on the image below. Thanks

I also stated that.
120 days prior the school start date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dNairaman: 1:55am On Dec 31, 2020
Please I have 2 urgent questions as regards filling the ds 160 form...

1. How do I answer "who's paying for your trip"?
Does it just simply mean my sponsor??

2. If I'm currently self employed, how do I represent that while filling the present employment section??

Thanks for your reply...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abisolaitan: 6:53am On Dec 31, 2020
Hello,pls can someone confirm if reciprocity fee still applies for those whose visa was approved. Saw a memo from the ministry of foreign affairs sometime ago where it was stated that the fee has been removed.Can someone who did interview recently confirm this please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2020
Please how can I reach fairhart here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rhonah: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2020
Abisolaitan:
Hello,pls can someone confirm if reciprocity fee still applies for those whose visa was approved. Saw a memo from the ministry of foreign affairs sometime ago where it was stated that the fee has been removed.Can someone who did interview recently confirm this please
Not needed.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by benjamina96: 6:56am On Dec 31, 2020
Abisolaitan:
Reciprocity fee is scrapped.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nelmc: 8:11am On Dec 31, 2020
So technically applying for a visa a year ahead is breaking the rules right?

Chonco:

I also stated that.
120 days prior the school start date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2020
Not sure you can even select an appointment time a year in advance. But even if you could, what's the point since the earliest you can have your interview is 120 days before start of school?

nelmc:
So technically applying for a visa a year ahead is breaking the rules right?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wydatech(m): 8:44am On Dec 31, 2020
Please is there anyone here that got his or her emergency appointment request approved in lagos?. I keep seeing Jan 22 for the past two days but need dates between Jan 1 to 11. Please if you get approved and see any closer dates, update us here biko. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by haywhy17(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Good day madam.
I just finished watching your videos on YouTube in respect to Berea College application process.
My name is Okonkwo Kingsley C from Nigeria.I studied Animal Science
and Animal production at Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,Umudike from the year 2012-2017 with second class upper division
honours (CGPA 3.58). I would like to enroll for my masters program in Animal husbandary,biology, zoology or any agric-related disciplines at the college.
I have all the necessary documents(transcript,degree cert,ielts,sop,passport, research proposal,Reference/recommendation letters etc) at hand.
Pls I would like you to guide me

This one is son of my father... I finished from animal science department with exactly same CGPA... currently running my MSc but wouldn't mind starting all over in a uni in the US.
I go buzz your WhatsApp soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.