Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362544 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Did you use GRE for bsc transfer?.......I thought US schools require SAT for bsc
Transfer is diff from freshman bro..and some schools take just one from SAT and TOEFL for international freshmen and transfer.

Trinity college and some others are test optional for all students.. except international students that don't have English backgrounds. Those few don't require test scores..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BIMestBabe: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
segunbolawole:
The bolded has been giving us concern on this thread..

Abeg Gurus, what do you think

Congrats! I prolly don't need a new i-20 then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Did you use GRE for bsc transfer?.......I thought US schools require SAT for bsc

He probably took gre cos he also started applying for masters.m
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paroh(f): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello house please can someone help me with SAT preparatory materials? I plan to gather money and register for SAT by October but I need to start studying now. I'm currently in IMSU but I've made up my mind to drop out this year. Lecturers keep demanding for cash or sleep with them, I really can't continue like this. I do not have any more money. Kindly indicate if you can be of help thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

It's a small business account oo no shareholders or anything.....it has enough funds to pay for my fees for the whole 4years.......I have enough letters to go with the SOA sha
Oh okay. I was kinda concerned initially grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

Transfer is diff from freshman bro..and some schools take just one from SAT and TOEFL for international freshmen and transfer.

Trinity college and some others are test optional for all students.. except international students that don't have English backgrounds. Those few don't require test scores..
Yes I know but that don't change the fact that GRE is for graduate studies sir and not undergraduate transfer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

He probably took gre cos he also started applying for masters.m
Oh ok.......guess he didn't need it for transfer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
Try Khan academy, especially if you don't want to spend close to 10K on that blue collegeboard book..
It's online, free and very helpful. They partner with collegeboard so they also still have those official sat questions from the blue book...they would even time you..mark you..and show you correction.

If you put in a lot of dedication to it you'll score pretty well. I used just Khan and was able to hit a 99th percentile score...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
Paroh:
Hello house please can someone help me with SAT preparatory materials? I plan to gather money and register for SAT by October but I need to start studying now. I'm currently in IMSU but I've made up my mind to drop out this year. Lecturers keep demanding for cash or sleep with them, I really can't continue like this. I do not have any more money. Kindly indicate if you can be of help thanks
Wait..do you mean imo state University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

Yes na. I have been laughing since I read your first response, especially when you mentioned transfer grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Yeah seen and replied.
Amme018:
Thank you.
You may want to check again please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
sharwama:

Yes na. I have been laughing since I read your first response, especially when you mentioned transfer grin grin grin
Oh..I thought it was a school in the US..then I looked at the whole question again and saw it can't be grin
Then I searched IMSU and felt like an idiot.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kidUrbane: 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
dheee:
Fairheart keep calm, your dreams are still valid!
Visa approved this morning 6:30am. Zero funding, no AP and SOA wasn’t all that rich. Would post my transcript once I am settled.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
People of Nairaland, I am here again, pls help me

Interview date is fast approaching

Cc: @sharwama is there any progress?

VO: Good Morning, Pass me your I-20 and SEVIS receipt.
ME: Good Morning, handed over the requested docs.
VO: Why are you going to US?
ME: I am going to US for my Graduate Study in Sustainable Energy at Eastern Illinois University.
VO: How Many Universities did you apply to?
ME: 4 Universities: Eastern Illinois University, North Eastern Illinois University, Murray State University and Georgia Southern University.
VO: How many accepted you and how many rejected you.
ME: Eastern Illinois University and Murray State University accepted me, NEIU rejected me and I am awaiting decision from GSU.
VO: Why did you Choose EIU.
EIU have the largest biomass installation in USA, and it’s driven by two biomass gasifiers, the first application of this technology in Illinois and its environment. As a living laboratory, the Renewable Energy Center provide me a realistic working experience on campus. I will be opportune to enroll in CERE 5983 Sustainability Practicum, with that I will be able to job shadow with various operations related to energy production, conversion and conservation.
This center will afford me first hand opportunity to learn how energy is utilized to support the need of a community.
Aside the reasonable tuition, fees, and room and board rates, Eastern offers a textbook rental system, this will save me hundreds of dollars per semester.
VO: Any standardized test?
ME: GRE: 289 and TOEFL: 80?
V.O: What will the degree do for you?
Me: I would like to hold a managerial position at Energy Commission of Nigeria upon completion of my program, a Masters in Sustainable energy will not only qualify me for the position, This degree would give me an edge over others who might be equally interested and also equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge to fit in and work perfectly well in the energy industry.
VO: Who is paying the school bills?
ME: My dad is paying the bills.
VO: What does he do? Pass me his SOA
ME: He’s a lecturer of Law at University of Ibadan and also a business man, hands her his SOA
VO: I can see you married with Kids, why are you not going with them.
ME: My wife just got started work with XYZ bank and there’s a bond she signed with them that won’t allow her leave her duty post for two years.

VO: You can pick your visa in 3 days.
ME: Alright, have a great day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kidUrbane: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2019
fairheart:
It is not the dream itself, brother. I was only shown what was to happen. What makes the dream come true is not the dream per se, but the ONE who has designed plans for those who are being approved. I am just a layman daily dreamer who sees some things before they happen. All glory belong to God. Dreambound
And yes, the dream is valid as long as God wills. There's a wind of change ahead.

@fairheart I strongly believe this revelation of approval covers me�

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

Oh..I thought it was a school in the US..then I looked at the whole question again and saw it can't be grin
Then I searched IMSU and felt like an idiot.
Oh puhleeze. You saw a question about SAT, something you could easily connect with. You were so eager to help but you missed a vital part. It really doesn't matter, you have offered great help already especially mentioning Khan academy and sharing your experience. You should be happy about that instead grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
sharwama:

Oh puhleeze. You saw a question about SAT, something you could easily connect with. You were so eager to help but you missed a vital part. It really doesn't matter, you have offered great help already especially mentioning Khan academy and sharing your experience. You should be happy about that instead grin grin grin
grin LOL..okay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2019
fairheart:
It is not the dream itself, brother. I was only shown what was to happen. What makes the dream come true is not the dream per se, but the ONE who has designed plans for those who are being approved. I am just a layman daily dreamer who sees some things before they happen. All glory belong to God. Dreambound
And yes, the dream is valid as long as God wills. There's a wind of change ahead.
You didn't get my joke at first, did you? grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

You didn't get my joke at first, did you? grin
Fam which uni you dey go??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello everyone.

I'm having my interview in three weeks. I have filled and submitted my DS-160. However, I would like to edit some things in it (work history, to be precise).

Can I do this without it having any effect on the already scheduled appointment?

If yes, please how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kmodunfa: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
HELLO GUYS, GURU’S IN THE HOUSE, PLS HELP A BROTHER!
My company is sponsoring my masters program. I got a scholarship that allows for in state tuition. Deficit on i20 is 22k. I have the company’s statement of account and a bond agreement is already in process. Please what documents do I need to take to the embassy?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gbadenor(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:
Have you applied for a US visa before?
No, this is my first time.
though I already book appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paroh(f): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

Yes Imo State university
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Pepperoni001:
People of Nairaland, I am here again, pls help me

Interview date is fast approaching

Cc: @sharwama is there any progress?

VO: Good Morning, Pass me your I-20 and SEVIS receipt.
ME: Good Morning, handed over the requested docs.
VO: Why are you going to US?
ME: I am going to US for my Graduate Study in Sustainable Energy at Eastern Illinois University.
VO: How Many Universities did you apply to?
ME: 4 Universities: Eastern Illinois University, North Eastern Illinois University, Murray State University and Georgia Southern University.
VO: How many accepted you and how many rejected you.
ME: Eastern Illinois University and Murray State University accepted me, NEIU rejected me and I am awaiting decision from GSU.
VO: Why did you Choose EIU.
EIU have the largest biomass installation in USA, and it’s driven by two biomass gasifiers, the first application of this technology in Illinois and its environment. As a living laboratory, the Renewable Energy Center provide me a realistic working experience on campus. I will be opportune to enroll in CERE 5983 Sustainability Practicum, with that I will be able to job shadow with various operations related to energy production, conversion and conservation.
This center will afford me first hand opportunity to learn how energy is utilized to support the need of a community.
Aside the reasonable tuition, fees, and room and board rates, Eastern offers a textbook rental system, this will save me hundreds of dollars per semester.
VO: Any standardized test?
ME: GRE: 289 and TOEFL: 80?
V.O: What will the degree do for you?
Me: I would like to hold a managerial position at Energy Commission of Nigeria upon completion of my program, a Masters in Sustainable energy will not only qualify me for the position, This degree would give me an edge over others who might be equally interested and also equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge to fit in and work perfectly well in the energy industry.
VO: Who is paying the school bills?
ME: My dad is paying the bills.
VO: What does he do? Pass me his SOA
ME: He’s a lecturer of Law at University of Ibadan and also a business man, hands her his SOA
VO: I can see you married with Kids, why are you not going with them.
ME: My wife just got started work with XYZ bank and there’s a bond she signed with them that won’t allow her leave her duty post for two years.

VO: You can pick your visa in 3 days.
ME: Alright, have a great day.
Yes there's a lot of progress but there are things I would like to point out. I am just so tired. Come let me do mock for you so you can "hear" your responses especially "Why EIU?''. Maybe that's the only way you will understand what I have been repeating. By the time I cut you off after one or two sentences without you making complete sense, then you will understand my earlier sermons about precision and putting your best ideas first grin grin grin
Yes I am donating myself to you for mock, I can't write anymore. I am in severe pains grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tohajan:
Hello everyone.

I'm having my interview in three weeks. I have filled and submitted my DS-160. However, I would like to edit some things in it (work history, to be precise).

Can I do this without it having any effect on the already scheduled appointment?

Thanks in advance.
The procedure is to fill a new DS160, submit, and update your confirmation number on the appointment..

It wouldn't affect anything since you're still 3 weeks away from the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Fam which uni you dey go??
wink

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
gbadenor:

No, this is my first time.

though I already book appointment
Hmmm...just wait for the response from customer care then...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anapuna01: 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello...house
Pls I was denied (pink latter)F1 visa earlier this month(june10)
So..I am trying to reapply and it keep saying no Available dates for me for now while others are getting dates Pls any reason for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tohajan:
Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance.

if you have not submitted the DS 160, you can always edit, but if you have, you can fill a new DS 160 form, and make sure u update the confirmation number on ur visa appointment profile so it matches...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Paroh:

Yes Imo State university
Oh okay..
Also prepare to explain to the VO why you changed school to one in the US...Someone got denied for not being able to explain clearly..

I also responded to your other question..
dreambound:
Try Khan academy, especially if you don't want to spend close to 10K on that blue collegeboard book..
It's online, free and very helpful. They partner with collegeboard so they also still have those official sat questions from the blue book...they would even time you..mark you..and show you correction.

If you put in a lot of dedication to it you'll score pretty well. I used just Khan and was able to hit a 99th percentile score...
smiley

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JohnnyAmhan: 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello house.

Please I will like to ask if it is possible to change the date of the interview after one has gotten already..

If yes, how can one do it?

Thanks..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Anapuna01:
Hello...house
Pls I was denied (pink latter)F1 visa earlier this month(june10)
So..I am trying to reapply and it keep saying no Available dates for me for now while others are getting dates Pls any reason for this
That's what is happening for everyone that was previously denied...it would be a decision by the consulate...Maybe for now they are not open for previously denied F1...

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.