Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356012 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 11:26am On Jun 25, 2019
How do you know the reason he was denied tho? Are you assuming? Cos the vo’s don’t give specific reasons for denials tho
Lashbeat:
Hi, so I have a question

*** so the thing Is I'm married to an American and yet to file my green card petition, my brother in Nigeria booked an appointment with the US embassy so he can get his F1 Visa but unfortunately he was denied because I took time off school. Now my main question is this- Is there anything I, my wife or my brother can do so he can get the Visa and resume school this fall?

Please I'll definitely be reading responses and hope I find one that help this case alot. Thanks✌
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uchezod: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2019
Good Morning House,

I am new on the thread. Please I need assistance on faster means to pay for SEVIS FEE.

I will appreciate a swift feedback.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by casid: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2019
samdgreat2011:

Your school should have a plan which is usually recommended

Thanks.

No doubts but the school's plan is expensive. I am looking for alternatives to save cost.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2019
casid:

Thanks.

No doubts but the school's plan is expensive. I am looking for alternatives to save cost.
I think you need to first speak with your school to be sure it is not MANDATORY to use the one they recommended.
So you don't go and waste money for nothing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by casid: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2019
victree007:

I think you need to first speak with your school to be sure it is not MANDATORY to use the one they recommended.
So you don't go and waste money for nothing.

It was not mandatory until now. It's about $1000/semester and that's pretty too much cos it was not planned for. I am putting it out cos I see many websites and I would like to know if there are other options.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AgreatMan: 11:54am On Jun 25, 2019
thayor21:
Good morning house...please I will be having my interview tomorrow.... Just want a quick check up on my transcript...corrections can still be made..thank u so much.

Vo: good morning, pass me your i20
Me: Good morning, this is it ma/sir
Vo: what are you going to do in the USA
Me : I am going for my masters degree in industrial engineering at Tamuk
Vo: what is your study plan
Me: I Plan to take 30 credits hour in 24month to complete this degree program. I will be taking the research option which requires me to take courses in engineering project management, wind farm layout design& operational management, safety systems, six sigma, and principle of optimization among others.
Vo: when did you finish your first degree
Me: I finished my first degree 2014 from the federal university of technology Akure.
Vo: what have you been doing since then
Me: I completed my compulsory national service in June 2016 and I kept working with my employers till December 2016.I got employment in a water production company as an assistant production manager till march 2018. Presently I am undergoing an industrial training with medal planthire where we repair forklift machines.
Vo: so why the USA
Me: the USA offers education of the highest quality and flexibility and I believe the profound system of wind energy power generation in the country which made it ranked in the top 2 in the world is as a result of the thorough research in wind farm been carried out in various schools and research centers so I I will be guaranteed a great learning opportunity both on campus and field work which will expose me to best practices and technical skills that I can bring to my country to help in improving our power sector by harnessing the wind energy for power generation which s poor in the country today.
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: I applied to four universities, tamuk, SIT, NIU
Vo: how many admitted you
Me: I got admit from all the schools
Vo: why tamuk
Me: the course curriculum in the industrial engineering department matches my career path in harnessing wind energy to produce power and their are faculties having research works and project in wind farm. The school have research funding for wind farm layout and optimisation and being in Texas which is the best producer of power through wind energy in the usa gives me opportunity to be exposed to new innovations.
Vo: what will this degree do for you
Me: at the end of the degree I would have gaine neccesary practial skills and qualifications that can help me start my career in the power sector in my county for improvement of our power generation by harnessing the wind energy that is poorly tapped presently. I will also have gotten an in depth knowledge in industrial engineering to take a managerial position in the ministry of power.
Vo: have you travelled before:
Me: No I have had no reason to do that
Vo: married
Me: no
Vo: did you take any standardized test
Me: yes, the GRE and TOEFL. Got a total 304 in gre and 90 in TOEFL
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: my mother will be paying for my trip and she is into food supply
Vo: can I have her account
Me: sure, here it is.
Vo: I will be approving your visa
Me: thank schools
Thank you for your observations.

When did you finish your Bsc?
2014. Full stop.

Stop wasting time on the name of your exact school, that info is irrelevant to your Visa approval.

If u finished from Babcock, correct, u can flaunt it. Your parents r used to paying high fees, American school fees is not a big deal.

Which schools u applied to?
Name the schools in full except u applying to popular schools.

Also, u said u applied to 4 schools but u only named 3.

Why Tamuk?
In your last sentence, u said the Tamuk will expose u to new innovations, what new innovations exactly?

What will this degree do for you?

Try to visualize this question as what is your career plan?

In sentence one, u said u would hv gained necessary practical skills to Kickstart your career in the power sector

In sentence two, u said d degree would have made u gained managerial skills at Ministry of power. Your tori no dey add up o.

Boss, which one u dey na? First sentence u want to start a new career, d next sentence u want to become a manager at Fashola's ministry. Rethink this part.

Have u visited other countries?
No. I have not had a reason to.

Just stick to No. My opinion.

I hope your mom's account is twice or thrice of your i-20 deficit?

Goodluck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:57am On Jun 25, 2019
casid:

It was not mandatory until now. It's about $1000/semester and that's pretty too much cos it was not planned for. I am putting it out cos I see many websites and I would like to know if there are other options.
Does your school mandate that international students purchase the University's health insurance plan?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
uchezod:
Good Morning House,

I am new on the thread. Please I need assistance on faster means to pay for SEVIS FEE.

Thanks.

$350 contact walspring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by casid: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
dreambound:

Does your school mandate that international students purchase the University's health insurance plan?

No. Just get a plan and proof to the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
uchezod:
Good Morning House,

Thanks.

cc: texrem
walspring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BIMestBabe: 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2019
gbeje:
Visa delayed today at Abuja embassy
I was interviewed at the first window to the left by a slim young lady.
Transcript:
Me: Good morning
VO: pass your passport & I-20
Me: I did
VO: How did find out about the school
Me: I used usnews.com to search for the school...
VO: (cut in) and then?
Me: I discovered the school website, entered into the site and checked through the program's curriculum and faculty program which I foumd out to be suitable for my research goals.
VO: Did apply to other schools
Me: Yes I did
VO: which school:
Me: I applied to Louisiana State University, West Virginia University, Morgantown and University of Texas El paso
VO: Why did u choose this one?
Me: Apart from the fact that New Mexico State University hosts one of the 54 Water research institute in United States and as such the institute provide grants for all water related researches in the school which hopefully I am a potential beneficiary (Cuts in)
VO: I can see your uncle is sponsoring you
Me: Yes, my uncle
VO: Why is he sponsoring u?
Me: He has always been supportive of my education especially during my masters program when I related the limitations in.my research results due to nonavailability of required facilities. In fact, he encouraged me most of the time and and advised me to travel abroad for my doctoral research which he also promised to fund.
I EXPECTED HER TO ASK FOR HIS STATEMENT BUT SHE DIDN'T. INSTEAD SHE STARTED ANODA ROUND OF QUESTIONING THUS:
VO: Why do you want a doctorate degree?
Me: the doctorate degree is expected to raise my educational capabilities in research and teaching. Before now I've taught mathematics. Further mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at A level and pre-varsity centres. Such a profound program with will enable me(cut in)
VO: You are not eligible for visa now.
I WONDER WHY SHE ENGAGED ME IN A SUCH A LONG CONVERSATION AND STILL ENDED UP WITH REJECTION
I THINK I NEED FUNDING B4 GOING BACK O! ALTHOUGH MY FACULTY SAID I'M IN THE LIST OF POTENTIAL STUDENTS TO BE GIVEN FUNDING BUT THEY'VE NOT MATCHED THAT WITH ACTION.
PLS HOUSE, WHICH SCHOOL GUARANTEES PHD FUNDING WITH GRE SCORE OF 295 IN WATER RESOURCES OR/AND ENVIRONMEMTAL SCIENCE ENGINEERING?

Just my thought, maybe you should speak about your research area well. For example, you can say it's the reason for you choosing the school. Explain what your research is all about too. As a PhD student, you should be at least passionate about your research agenda.

#myopinion

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mohs: 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hello guys.. I would like to get a list of schools in the U.S with full funding.. I want to pursue masters degree in human resources management but I need financial opportunities
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
Mohs:
Hello guys.. I would like to get a list of schools in the U.S with full funding.. I want to pursue masters degree in human resources management but I need financial opportunities

What happened to Google or did you pay anyone here to do the research for you?

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
Easy there tiger
Time2win:

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by onixray: 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
Time2win:

Yankee no be for everybody i swear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by exousia058: 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
Truth is, nobody can help you with such list 'cos IT DOES NOT EXIST!.. My suggestion; get your hands dirty with online search engines, contact grad cords if you have to and check LinkedIn if you can connect with current students in your desired schools... I hope this helps.

Mohs:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by exousia058: 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
Baba don vex, sorry Sir! hahaha... some persons tend to think there are shortcuts to this Yankee grad school thing. grin grin grin

Time2win:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 12:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
For the people looking for app fee waiver, many universities host online webinars and give out waivers when you attend them. Join the mailing list of schools you like, you never know what might come out of it.

To the recently approved, congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
Wretch32:
Easy there tiger

Nothing like easy there. People want everything at the platter of gold. Imagine that kind of work, listing schools that will give him full funding lolz. Nobody even knows his profile. I call it laziness and unseriousness. So many schools put up all these details on their program page, so it's not something that's hard to find. He can as well mail program directors of prospective schools.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2019
exousia058:
Baba don vex, sorry Sir! hahaha... some persons tend to think there are shortcuts to this Yankee grad school thing. grin grin grin

Nothing good comes easy, there is no shortcut. He has to sit down and do some research.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
Time2win:

LOL..some just don't want to put in their own efforts..in this internet age..for their own application list...LOL.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thayor21: 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
Thank you so much for the observations...I will work on that.
AgreatMan:

When did you finish your Bsc?
2014. Full stop.

Stop wasting time on the name of your exact school, that info is irrelevant to your Visa approval.

If u finished from Babcock, correct, u can flaunt it. Your parents r used to paying high fees, American school fees is not a big deal.

Which schools u applied to?
Name the schools in full except u applying to popular schools.

Also, u said u applied to 4 schools but u only named 3.

Why Tamuk?
In your last sentence, u said the Tamuk will expose u to new innovations, what new innovations exactly?

What will this degree do for you?

Try to visualize this question as what is your career plan?

In sentence one, u said u would hv gained necessary practical skills to Kickstart your career in the power sector

In sentence two, u said d degree would have made u gained managerial skills at Ministry of power. Your tori no dey add up o.

Boss, which one u dey na? First sentence u want to start a new career, d next sentence u want to become a manager at Fashola's ministry. Rethink this part.

Have u visited other countries?
No. I have not had a reason to.

Just stick to No. My opinion.

I hope your mom's account is twice or thrice of your i-20 deficit?

Goodluck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by orimahspence: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
sharwama:

Yes there's a lot of progress but there are things I would like to point out. I am just so tired. Come let me do mock for you so you can "hear" your responses especially "Why EIU?''. Maybe that's the only way you will understand what I have been repeating. By the time I cut you off after one or two sentences without you making complete sense, then you will understand my earlier sermons about precision and putting your best ideas first grin grin grin
Yes I am donating myself to you for mock, I can't write anymore. I am in severe pains grin grin grin

Are you Fayose?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iphyconsult: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
Thank you.

So if I buy another visa fee. I hope it won't be any problem to change to Abuja right? And DS 160 already show Lagos, Nigeria.
Or Do I have to fill another DS160, or I can still use the same one.

nelem:

someone just advised you

if you have your interview on 19th of august and it's approved (without AP), you get your passport after 3 working days(22nd-23rd). and you can travel on/before 26th. but if you're placed on AP it now depends on when the embassy eventually issues your visa.
you can only reschedule once free of charge. once that is used you have to pay another visa fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
iphyconsult:
Thank you.

So if I buy another visa fee. I hope it won't be any problem to change to Abuja right? And DS 160 already show Lagos, Nigeria.
Or Do I have to fill another DS160, or I can still use the same one.

There's an option for you to change your location on the Ds-160 if you haven't submitted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
orimahspence:

Are you Fayose?
Finally, someone got the joke grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 2unji: 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hello guys!!! Pls i need an affordable hotel around abuja embassy. Am at area1 stranded�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
2unji:
Hello guys!!! Pls i need an affordable hotel around abuja embassy. Am at area1 stranded�

I searched and saw this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martinz1: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
fairheart:
No, it is not

ThanKS bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
Milkshakes01:
Good day everyone,

Please who knows if a blind person can take GRE?

Hope this explains it

https://www.ets.org/disabilities/documentation/documenting_vision_loss/

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.