Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,154 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362125 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
JohnnyAmhan:
Hello house.

Please I will like to ask if it is possible to change the date of the interview after one has gotten already..

If yes, how can one do it?

Thanks..
Click on Reschedule Appointment...
Be careful when doing so..it may be your final grace to reschedule..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
Kmodunfa:
HELLO GUYS, GURU’S IN THE HOUSE, PLS HELP A BROTHER!
My company is sponsoring my masters program. I got a scholarship that allows for in state tuition. Deficit on i20 is 22k. I have the company’s statement of account and a bond agreement is already in process. Please what documents do I need to take to the embassy?
Thank you.
Since your company is sponsoring you, go along with their SOA and docs that support your sponsorship...like Sponsorship letter/affidavit AND YES, THAT BOND AGREEMENT....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anapuna01: 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
No option to pick reschedule there....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paroh(f): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

Oh okay..
Also prepare to explain to the VO why you changed school to one in the US...Someone got denied for not being able to explain clearly..

I also responded to your other question..
smiley

Ook thank you very much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
Anapuna01:
Oh wow..things may have changed...Maybe now there's only one chance in booking an appointment..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
Anapuna01:
i

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JohnnyAmhan: 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Ok sir.
But will I lose my former date in case I don't find a new favourable date..?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

The procedure is to fill a new DS160, submit, and update your confirmation number on the appointment..

It wouldn't affect anything since you're still 3 weeks away from the interview.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

if you have not submitted the DS 160, you can always edit, but if you have, you can fill a new DS 160 form, and make sure u update the confirmation number on ur visa appointment profile so it matches...
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JohnnyAmhan: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

Click on Reschedule Appointment...
Be careful when doing so..it may be your final grace to reschedule..

Ok sir.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
JohnnyAmhan:

Ok sir.

Thank you.
You won't Sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
dreambound:

That's what is happening for everyone that was previously denied...it would be a decision by the consulate...Maybe for now they are not open for previously denied F1...
There are dates available at abuja for previously refused, its just lagos consulate that doesnt have dates for previously refused for now..he should check abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2019
Kay100:
There are dates available at abuja for previously refused, its just lagos consulate that doesnt have dates for previously refused for now..he should check abuja
@Anapuna01
Anapuna01:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anapuna01: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
Aiit...thanks
Will check abuja..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martinz1: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
fairheart:
I did not see this. Kindly quote me again.
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martinz1: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
fairheart:

Sometimes last month or so, I posted here that if you are offered scholarship, you should go with the document. All the documents you should have gone to the interview with are listed. Sometimes, lack of homework is what causes the refusals I have seen here. Given the rate at which many students obtain GA, GRA, GTA, etc, I am thinking they are starting to think about scrutinizing the source of the award. And should you not be able to give them a prove, they become uncomfortable.

Do you have the GRA offer letter? If not, contact your school and let them understand you have been refused as you could not show the prove of your award.

Make sure you have all the basic and required document with you. Sevis Fee confirmation receipt, GTB visa fee receipt, I-20 (signed), appointment confirmation, DS160 confirmation, 2 passport photograph of the same you uploaded online, scholarship letter, sponsor official bank statement.

If this visa matters, go back.
Pls is affidavit of support i134 required to go for f1 interview ,,because my sponsor has already filled it before and submitted to school before
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
No, it is not required. For i134 was mainly for your admission process and issuance of your i-20.
The following are the basic documents you need to go to embassy with:

SEVIS Fee confirmation receipt
GTB visa fee receipt
I-20 (signed)
Appointment confirmation printout
DS160 confirmation printout
2 passport photograph of the same you uploaded online for your DSFORM application
Scholarship/funding award letter (if there is any)
Printout of test score report (you can not tell whether or not the consular you'd meet want to see proof of test. So, to be safe, go with it if you took any test)
Sponsor official bank statement (s)

Best.

martinz1:

Pls is affidavit of support i134 required to go for f1 interview ,,because my sponsor has already filled it before and submitted to school before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
@brown2green thanks I finally got August 19 today....I have 2 questions I was unable to upload my passport photograph and was ask to bring it to the embassy is that a problem and secondly am I suppose to sign my i20 am more than 18
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
john9912:
@brown2green thanks I finally got August 19 today....I have 2 questions I was unable to upload my passport photograph and was ask to bring it to the embassy is that a problem and secondly am I suppose to sign my i20 am more than 18
Don't sign it since you're above 18......and try and upload the photo before you go to the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Don't sign it since you're above 28......and try and upload the photo before you go to the embassy
I don try try e no work and it was 2×2 0
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
john9912:

I don try try e no work and it was 2×2 0
Me sef my own no gree work oo....but I dey go studio24 go take another one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Don't sign it since you're above 28......and try and upload the photo before you go to the embassy
Hope the passport won't be a problem o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Me sef my own no gree work oo....but I dey go studio24 go take another one
Have you submitted...have submitted o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
john9912:

Have you submitted...have submitted o
I haven't submitted.......I've scheduled my interview tho.....but I won't submit until my photo uploads
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
john9912:

Some guys are saying that you'll be turned back at the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
john9912:

Above 18 jor lol.....typo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

I haven't submitted.......I've scheduled my interview tho.....but I won't submit until my photo uploads
I guess I cant make any changes again...will just carry it on the day of my interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Some guys are saying that you'll be turned back at the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
john9912:

It's better you don't risk it..... don't mind all those photographers with their toy camera.......just fill in another ds-160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

It's better you don't risk it..... don't mind all those photographers with their toy camera.......just fill in another ds-160
How??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
john9912:

How??
Fill in a new Ds-160 form and update the one on your visa appointment page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fculek: 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hello house
i deferred my spring 2019 admission to fall 2019 , and i received the new i20 today , but my sevis ID has changed from the previous i20 i received for spring admission . i went on the sevis fee website to change it to the new sevis ID and they said they will get back to me in 48 hours . please i want to know if i have done the right thing .

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.