Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360555 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by john9912: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Fill in a new Ds-160 form and update the one on your visa appointment page
Is this safe or I just go with my passport?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lashbeat(m): 11:57pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hi, so I have a question

*** so the thing Is I'm married to an American and yet to file my green card petition, my brother in Nigeria booked an appointment with the US embassy so he can get his F1 Visa but unfortunately he was denied because I took time off school. Now my main question is this- Is there anything I, my wife or my brother can do so he can get the Visa and resume school this fall?

Please I'll definitely be reading responses and hope I find one that help this case alot. Thanks✌
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by casid: 3:02am On Jun 25, 2019
Please, can anyone recommend a health insurance plan for international student studying in the USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amb001: 3:40am On Jun 25, 2019
All my print outs are in black and white. Any problem wt dat?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gbadenor(m): 4:49am On Jun 25, 2019
Davidkking:

Me sef my own no gree work oo....but I dey go studio24 go take another one

collect the soft copy from the studio and upload it, that was how I did mine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:57am On Jun 25, 2019
Lashbeat:
Hi, so I have a question

*** so the thing Is I'm married to an American and yet to file my green card petition, my brother in Nigeria booked an appointment with the US embassy so he can get his F1 Visa but unfortunately he was denied because I took time off school. Now my main question is this- Is there anything I, my wife or my brother can do so he can get the Visa and resume school this fall?

Please I'll definitely be reading responses and hope I find one that help this case alot. Thanks✌

I doubt if there anything the 3 of you can do if your brother probably has been noted as high risk of been out of status since you followed that path....

If he goes again , the next Vo might not notice or might notice if a comment has been left on his profile. That the only two options really
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Afo1k: 5:14am On Jun 25, 2019
amb001:
All my print outs are in black and white. Any problem wt dat?
You are good to go . Mine looks like photocopy self, no problem at all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iphyconsult: 5:56am On Jun 25, 2019
Hello house how many times can I re-schedule? I saw online that I can do it twice. Now I did once (to the closest), and the option is no more there. School resume Aug 26. I just change from initial schedule Aug 23 to 19. Aug 19 is still close to resumption date. What can I do?

Can I request for an emergency appointment?

Or If approved on Monday Aug 19. Will I get my passport back by Friday. And travel like weekend cos school begins Aug 26 (the next Monday)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GodLovesMe4real: 6:38am On Jun 25, 2019
There are free online tools to edit passport photograph. While editing make sure the length and breadth are equal then you can upload it on your ds160 form.

Davidkking:

Me sef my own no gree work oo....but I dey go studio24 go take another one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2019
john9912:

Is this safe or I just go with my passport?
Play it safe bro......It literally does take anything for you to fill a new form...... Don't risk it abeg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2019
GodLovesMe4real:
There are free online tools to edit passport photograph. While editing make sure the length and breadth are equal then you can upload it on your ds160 form.

How about the one I would take to the embassy?.........and what online tool is that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GodLovesMe4real: 6:47am On Jun 25, 2019
https://www.freeonlinephotoeditor.com/
Use the above online tool

Davidkking:

How about the one I would take to the embassy?.........and what online tool is that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gbadenor(m): 6:55am On Jun 25, 2019
Good morning nairalander, I have a question!!!
is it advisable to fill another DS 160 since am having difficulty submitting my DS 160 and I have complained but nothing yet though I already book appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2019
gbadenor:
Good morning nairalander, I have a question!!!
is it advisable to fill another DS 160 since am having difficulty submitting my DS 160 and I have complained but nothing yet though I already book appointment
If your appointment is not around the corner you can fill in another one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2019
GodLovesMe4real:
https://www.freeonlinephotoeditor.com/
Use the above online tool

How do I get the copy I'll take to the embassy tho?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by samdgreat2011: 7:35am On Jun 25, 2019
casid:
Please, can anyone recommend a health insurance plan for international student studying in the USA?

Your school should have a plan which is usually recommended
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 7:37am On Jun 25, 2019
@fculek Don’t be scared, you’ve done the right thing.
That’s the default response you would get, but they will definitely change it to the new SEVIS ID even before that 48hrs. Just keep checking your mail.

fculek:
Hello house
i deferred my spring 2019 admission to fall 2019 , and i received the new i20 today , but my sevis ID has changed from the previous i20 i received for spring admission . i went on the sevis fee website to change it to the new sevis ID and they said they will get back to me in 48 hours . please i want to know if i have done the right thing .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2019
iphyconsult:
Hello house how many times can I re-schedule? I saw online that I can do it twice. Now I did once (to the closest), and the option is no more there. School resume Aug 26. I just change from initial schedule Aug 23 to 19. Aug 19 is still close to resumption date. What can I do?

You've used your chance. You can only reschedule once... If you want a closer date, the best bet is to cancel that appointment and pay another MRV fee.

Best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thayor21: 7:59am On Jun 25, 2019
Good morning house...please I will be having my interview tomorrow.... Just want a quick check up on my transcript...corrections can still be made..thank u so much.

Vo: good morning, pass me your i20
Me: Good morning, this is it ma/sir
Vo: what are you going to do in the USA
Me : I am going for my masters degree in industrial engineering at Tamuk
Vo: what is your study plan
Me: I Plan to take 30 credits hour in 24month to complete this degree program. I will be taking the research option which requires me to take courses in engineering project management, wind farm layout design& operational management, safety systems, six sigma, and principle of optimization among others.
Vo: when did you finish your first degree
Me: I finished my first degree 2014 from the federal university of technology Akure.
Vo: what have you been doing since then
Me: I completed my compulsory national service in June 2016 and I kept working with my employers till December 2016.I got employment in a water production company as an assistant production manager till march 2018. Presently I am undergoing an industrial training with medal planthire where we repair forklift machines.
Vo: so why the USA
Me: the USA offers education of the highest quality and flexibility and I believe the profound system of wind energy power generation in the country which made it ranked in the top 2 in the world is as a result of the thorough research in wind farm been carried out in various schools and research centers so I I will be guaranteed a great learning opportunity both on campus and field work which will expose me to best practices and technical skills that I can bring to my country to help in improving our power sector by harnessing the wind energy for power generation which s poor in the country today.
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: I applied to four universities, tamuk, SIT, NIU
Vo: how many admitted you
Me: I got admit from all the schools
Vo: why tamuk
Me: the course curriculum in the industrial engineering department matches my career path in harnessing wind energy to produce power and their are faculties having research works and project in wind farm. The school have research funding for wind farm layout and optimisation and being in Texas which is the best producer of power through wind energy in the usa gives me opportunity to be exposed to new innovations.
Vo: what will this degree do for you
Me: at the end of the degree I would have gaine neccesary practial skills and qualifications that can help me start my career in the power sector in my county for improvement of our power generation by harnessing the wind energy that is poorly tapped presently. I will also have gotten an in depth knowledge in industrial engineering to take a managerial position in the ministry of power.
Vo: have you travelled before:
Me: No I have had no reason to do that
Vo: married
Me: no
Vo: did you take any standardized test
Me: yes, the GRE and TOEFL. Got a total 304 in gre and 90 in TOEFL
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: my mother will be paying for my trip and she is into food supply
Vo: can I have her account
Me: sure, here it is.
Vo: I will be approving your visa
Me: thank schools
Thank you for your observations.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GodLovesMe4real: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2019
You can go to photo studio to take a US embassy specific passport photo if you don't have before now

Davidkking:

How do I get the copy I'll take to the embassy tho?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amb001: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2019
Visa interview in india

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iphyconsult: 9:37am On Jun 25, 2019
What can I do?

iphyconsult:

Can I request for an emergency appointment?

Or If approved on Monday Aug 19. Will I get my passport back by Friday. And travel like weekend cos school begins Aug 26 (the next Monday)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 25, 2019
iphyconsult:
What can I do?

someone just advised you

Johnolukolade:

You've used your chance. You can only reschedule once... If you want a closer date, the best bet is to cancel that appointment and pay another MRV fee. Best

if you have your interview on 19th of august and it's approved (without AP), you get your passport after 3 working days(22nd-23rd). and you can travel on/before 26th. but if you're placed on AP it now depends on when the embassy eventually issues your visa.
you can only reschedule once free of charge. once that is used you have to pay another visa fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 10:28am On Jun 25, 2019
@Lagosismyhome
@sharwama

Please I need your help

I'd appreciate if I can send a voice note of my proposed transcript..

So u can as well evaluate my delivery along side my content

Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2019
iphyconsult:
What can I do?

You could've just picked Abuja...... July 15 is available.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 360gospelvibes: 10:37am On Jun 25, 2019
You can take it along, they would collect it from you

Davidkking:

It's better you don't risk it..... don't mind all those photographers with their toy camera.......just fill in another ds-160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 10:54am On Jun 25, 2019
segunbolawole:
@Lagosismyhome
@sharwama

Please I need your help

I'd appreciate if I can send a voice note of my proposed transcript..

So u can as well evaluate my delivery along side my content

Please
Hey Fada! Nothing wey Musa no go see for gate ooo grin grin grin
Which one is voice note of proposed transcript again grin grin grin
I am STEM inclined, I know NOTHING about MBA or the likes. Please LagosismyHome, do you mind being serenaded by his oral transcript grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 10:57am On Jun 25, 2019
embarassed

sharwama:

I am STEM inclined, I know NOTHING about MBA or the likes. Please LagosismyHome, do you mind being serenaded by his oral transcript grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 10:58am On Jun 25, 2019
Or I just type and drop it here

sharwama:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:05am On Jun 25, 2019
segunbolawole:

That would probably be better.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 11:07am On Jun 25, 2019
segunbolawole:

Yes, please grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 25, 2019
thayor21:
Good morning house...please I will be having my interview tomorrow.... Just want a quick check up on my transcript...corrections can still be made..thank u so much.

Vo: good morning, pass me your i20
Me: Good morning, this is it ma/sir
Vo: what are you going to do in the USA
Me : I am going for my masters degree in industrial engineering at Tamuk
Vo: what is your study plan
Me: I Plan to take 30 credits hour in 24month to complete this degree program. I will be taking the research option which requires me to take courses in engineering project management, wind farm layout design& operational management, safety systems, six sigma, and principle of optimization among others.
Vo: when did you finish your first degree
Me: I finished my first degree 2014 from the federal university of technology Akure.
Vo: what have you been doing since then
Me: I completed my compulsory national service in June 2016 and I kept working with my employers till December 2016.I got employment in a water production company as an assistant production manager till march 2018. Presently I am undergoing an industrial training with medal planthire where we repair forklift machines.
Vo: so why the USA
Me: the USA offers education of the highest quality and flexibility and I believe the profound system of wind energy power generation in the country which made it ranked in the top 2 in the world is as a result of the thorough research in wind farm been carried out in various schools and research centers so I I will be guaranteed a great learning opportunity both on campus and field work which will expose me to best practices and technical skills that I can bring to my country to help in improving our power sector by harnessing the wind energy for power generation which s poor in the country today.
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: I applied to four universities, tamuk, SIT, NIU
Vo: how many admitted you
Me: I got admit from all the schools
Vo: why tamuk
Me: the course curriculum in the industrial engineering department matches my career path in harnessing wind energy to produce power and their are faculties having research works and project in wind farm. The school have research funding for wind farm layout and optimisation and being in Texas which is the best producer of power through wind energy in the usa gives me opportunity to be exposed to new innovations.
Vo: what will this degree do for you
Me: at the end of the degree I would have gaine neccesary practial skills and qualifications that can help me start my career in the power sector in my county for improvement of our power generation by harnessing the wind energy that is poorly tapped presently. I will also have gotten an in depth knowledge in industrial engineering to take a managerial position in the ministry of power.
Vo: have you travelled before:
Me: No I have had no reason to do that
Vo: married
Me: no
Vo: did you take any standardized test
Me: yes, the GRE and TOEFL. Got a total 304 in gre and 90 in TOEFL
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: my mother will be paying for my trip and she is into food supply
Vo: can I have her account
Me: sure, here it is.
Vo: I will be approving your visa
Me: thank schools
Thank you for your observations.

TAMUK is a good school but I think you should rephrase the sponsorship part. If you have any scholarship or assistantship, emphasize it at that point. TAMUK usually grants in-state tuition scholarship and stipends to qualified international students. If you have any, just mention it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.