Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022094 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
He applied mid last year, so getting correspondence letter or not doesn't apply to him.

That being said, the trend recently has been if one gets a biometric correspondence letter before a medical request, the chances of a refusal would be very high. I really don't know if there have been outliers/exceptions, but na wetin we dey see be that.

God safe us cry cry

mysticken:
Did you get your correspondence letter that your biometric can be use for 10years before medical request or the opposite because someone here said if you get the correspondence letter first it's a red flag
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2019
Guys, are we not kinda missing the point why this forum was created. For the past few hours all i see are people trying to drag unnecessary issues and forgetting the main point. Someone posted his gcms note for us to help him but no one responded. Instead we are treating trivial matters.
As we proceed we should bear in mind that no one knows it all.
Most of our gurus gained their experience from this same forum.so sometimes they might get it wrong or right, they are humans.
We all have unique profile, therefore our applications are obviously different. So no one should use theirs as yardstick.
Most importantly, we should always let God work by having total faith in him.
Goodnight everyone!!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mysticken: 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
Same ship bro
ghabrhiel10:
Pls any March applicant here who hasn't received final decision from IRCC. I'm getting tired cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
Fuszy:
Evening everyone... God bless the good work u all have been doing putting novice like me straight. Am a first timer here, and a slight reder/ observer I recently applied for my study permit and was denied base on my purpose of visit, am yet to get my gcms.

Applications date April 23
Validation of biometric June 10
Refusal date June 11

I study Political Science, am working as an office administrator and I got admission to Sheridan college to study Office Administration- Executive( Diploma). Please guys I need your help as am about to reapply soon, biko help a bother����

I think we should begin with the documents you submitted, then I’m sure the gurus will know wha went wrong or try to speculate.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Fuszy:
Evening everyone... God bless the good work u all have been doing putting novice like me straight. Am a first timer here, and a slight reder/ observer I recently applied for my study permit and was denied base on my purpose of visit, am yet to get my gcms.

Applications date April 23
Validation of biometric June 10
Refusal date June 11

I study Political Science, am working as an office administrator and I got admission to Sheridan college to study Office Administration- Executive( Diploma). Please guys I need your help as am about to reapply soon, biko help a bother����

Sorry about the refusal. The first loophole here is applying for office administration executive diploma program? What do you hope to gain from studying a program that could otherwise be done in Nigeria and also considering the expense to be incurred. You may need to apply for a more compelling post graduate program and compose a vibrant study plan(sop). Although, your gcms note will shed more light, with a purpose of visit refusal there is hope truly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fuszy: 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2019
Statement of Purpose / Letter of Explanation 2-3
Work Reference Letter
Work I.D
Study Leave Letter
Police Report Certificate
Applicant’s Resume
6 months bank statement (Applicant)
Bachelors (B.Sc.) Certificate
Bachelors (B.Sc.) Transcript
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Certificate
NIM- Certificate
Family Photo
Brother and Sister – I. D
International passport
That's all I submitted, please gurus in the house, I beg of u all in the name of lord please troll all u can on this, am in severe pain.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
mysticken:
Same ship bro

Have you sent mails or anything?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
holllowu:
have been offered admission to Algonquin College, i was told to make payment via Flywire, but the charge is too much is there any other way i can go about it ??

@Austacus and any other Algonquin Student, please help

Flywire gives some options to choose from,
- Payment by Visa or Mastercard which is expensive,
- Payment by bank transfer which is relatively cheaper to the master or visa card option. This bank transfer option can be done on your own with internet banking but you'll need a domiciliary account to try this and flywire should receive your payment in 6hrs.
- Another option is using the form A, it is the cheapest option I know. Diamond bank gives the best service for this option but I stand to be corrected.

You'll need to do the maths before you make a choice. At one instance, I found the difference between the card option and the bank transfer to be as much as 250usd for half a tuition payment. The form A will sell the dollars to you at about 358usd less or more but better than an aboki will offer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akpesman: 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hello MCobex. It is online route and I stated that it's 4 months duration or statement not 6 months. Thanks.
mcobex:
Are you going via paper or online route?
You don't have to give 6 months statement , since it's much you can reduce it to let's say 4 months and you will be fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AAO7(f): 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
Apt!
95seun:

I can see where the other people are coming from, personally I think instead of dismissing people’s fears or worries because the magnitude of yours is greater, its best to enlighten them on the possibilities. The magnitude of your experience doesn’t invalidate another persons fear or worries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mysticken: 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
Nope, but I will do that soon
ghabrhiel10:

Have you sent mails or anything?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fuszy: 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
Qudkom:

Sorry about the refusal. The first loophole here is applying for office administration executive diploma program? What do you hope to gain from studying a program that could otherwise be done in Nigeria and also considering the expense to be incurred. You may need to apply for a more compelling post graduate program and compose a vibrant study plan(sop). Although, your gcms note will shed more light, with a purpose of visit refusal there is hope truly.

Thanks brother, really appreciate.... will I be able to apply for September fall in the same college or any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
Thanks so much for this, really appriciate.
richcasey:

Flywire gives some options to choose from,
- Payment by Visa or Mastercard which is expensive,
- Payment by bank transfer which is relatively cheaper to the master or visa card option. This bank transfer option can be done on your own with internet banking but you'll need a domiciliary account to try this and flywire should receive your payment in 6hrs.
- Another option is using the form A, it is the cheapest option I know. Diamond bank gives the best service for this option but I stand to be corrected.

You'll need to do the maths before you make a choice. At one instance, I found the difference between the card option and the bank transfer to be as much as 250usd for half a tuition payment. The form A will sell the dollars to you at about 358usd less or more but better than an aboki will offer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kenny4real68: 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
Bracha:
Yes, you got me. I am ashamed, I want to bury my head. Please shift lemme do so before everyone would know I am a fraud grin

When you're done with this your anger, please let me know. E be like say the thing really pain you, oya drink plenty cold water, it shall be well.

In the meantime, let's go back to what the thread was meant for - actually helping people who need the help.

Cheers.

PS: was that Igbo Language you were trying to construct? See as e be like house wen miss road. What a wawu!

Aunty continue ranting! The Truth is always BITTER grin

What gives me joy is that my observation has been clarified!!!
Please my fellow May applicants let’s be hopeful and hope on God.
We shall testify..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
mysticken:
Nope, but I will do that soon

Alright, let's hope for the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
Fuszy:

Thanks brother, really appreciate.... will I be able to apply for September fall in the same college or any
Gcms note takes approximately 40days. Plus schools expect you to confirm attendance by 1st of August so you can apply and make contingencies for January.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fuszy: 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
Qudkom:

Gcms note takes approximately 40days. Plus schools expect you to confirm attendance by 1st of August so you can apply and make contingencies for January.

Am thinking I should defend my reason for going for diploma am not just sure if it's the right step or to just start afresh. What do you guys think, which option do I go for ... mke unna no reason say my wahala too much abeg, I use God ty beg unna
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
Fine bro. Optimus has helped me out with what I needed u to help me out with.
Bracha:
Hello Chukwuemekatehi, what's up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
Bro judging from the documents you submitted, I think going for a diploma after a BSc won't show any career progression. To me, I think you will stand a better chance going for a PGD. This is my opinion.
Fuszy:

Am thinking I should defend my reason for going for diploma am not just sure if it's the right step or to just start afresh. What do you guys think, which option do I go for ... mke unna no reason say my wahala too much abeg, I use God ty beg unna
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
mcobex:
It will be hard to convince the vo, but not impossible. Your sop needs to be very very strong so as to prove to the vo you are not just using study to run away from Nigeria. Let's wait for your gcms to arrive then you can know what's next. But I think you stand a better chance going for masters on a course related to your Bsc

Thank you! I’ll keep you posted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 12:11am On Jun 12, 2019
Kenny4real68:

Aunty continue ranting! The Truth is always BITTER grin

What gives me joy is that my observation has been clarified!!!
Please my fellow May applicants let’s be hopeful and hope on God.
We shall testify..

Epa e Don do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Okonkwobestman1: 1:19am On Jun 12, 2019
Okonkwobestman1:
No Update yet, May 8th
I didn't do upfront medical too
Please how long does it take to receive medical mail, They just started my eligibility review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:20am On Jun 12, 2019
holllowu:
have been offered admission to Algonquin College, i was told to make payment via Flywire, but the charge is too much is there any other way i can go about it ??

@Austacus and any other Algonquin Student, please help

First and foremost, you're not paying any kobo to flywire neither would flywire request any penny from you.

Flywire has no business to charge you, they are working for the school, the school will pay them not you.

The problem here is the exchange rate. Don't use Google to get the exchange rate cause you will be confused

CBN is the issue here. They will charge you, then your bank would charge you. Access bank would charge you 15k, then you can tip whoever that did the transaction for you cause it can take more than 5 hrs.

Flywire ain't charging you kobo, they are just there to send your tuition fee to the school.

Don't hesitate to pay your fee through flywire!!!!

Pls, don't use your naira MasterCard to make the payment plssss. Don't try it, in fact, such amount you won't be able to pay with naira MasterCard

Flywire delivers your money in two business days real quick.
They are very very efficient, friendly and reliable.
Chat with them and see what am saying.

Congratulations on your admission to Algonquin.

I wish all visa hopefuls approval in this new thread.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:32am On Jun 12, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

1st of all, Algonquin College tuition fees is not up to 3m... unless u went ahead and paid for hostel accomodation and others.. so I don't know where your 7-8m is from...

Meanwhile, canadian study journey is more expensive and u opted to leave Cyprus for this one... chairman choose your school let others choose theirs.. Everybody can not go to your school cos they pay $1 for it..

Is more than 3 million bro.
For the full program (1yr).
First term is nearly NEARLY 3 mil.
I hope you know they just increased the school fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 3:04am On Jun 12, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

Alright, let's hope for the best
Considering you got your biometric validation before me I will advice you said mails to Kenya directly, maybe 2 times per week. Your visa is approved!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 3:06am On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=Okonkwobestman1 post=79244583][/quote]
Anytime from now!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by toysleek(f): 4:10am On Jun 12, 2019
Austacus:

Is more than 3 million bro.
For the full program (1yr).
First term is nearly NEARLY 3 mil.
I hope you know they just increased the school fee.

Awon GURUmarajji..'my first term alone is 6x greater than any course in MUN,you have no business coming to Canada if you don't have money blablabla,'..One would think you were paying 40-50K CAD per year with your omo baba olowo attitude , even after telling you some courses pay as high as 27k, 32k Cad the first year..6x my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 5:39am On Jun 12, 2019
Tlontin:

Considering you got your biometric validation before me I will advice you said mails to Kenya directly, maybe 2 times per week. Your visa is approved!!!

Already sent a webform, I'll send a mail soon too. Thank you and amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:42am On Jun 12, 2019
Fuszy:
Statement of Purpose / Letter of Explanation 2-3
Work Reference Letter
Work I.D
Study Leave Letter
Police Report Certificate
Applicant’s Resume
6 months bank statement (Applicant)
Bachelors (B.Sc.) Certificate
Bachelors (B.Sc.) Transcript
WAEC Certificate
NYSC Certificate
NIM- Certificate
Family Photo
Brother and Sister – I. D
International passport
That's all I submitted, please gurus in the house, I beg of u all in the name of lord please troll all u can on this, am in severe pain.
I can see you are sponsoring yourself, hope you have enough fund for the entire duration of your study? If yes, then everything is in place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:45am On Jun 12, 2019
Akpesman:
Hello MCobex. It is online route and I stated that it's 4 months duration or statement not 6 months. Thanks.
You have to try to compress the file then, compress as much as you can and submit that way(I don't think CIC will be too bothered with that huge amount of pages as long as it doesn't exceed the required size to be uploaded)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 6:47am On Jun 12, 2019
kcosam:

If your intended program is more than 1yr then I will suggest you get another person to stand in as a co sponsor and commit to shoulder some aspect of your studies such as either tuition or living expense while your personal fund shoulder the other one. If you go with this fund only as a self sponsor, the VO will have doubt as to how you intend to fund your second year of study without working or having recourse to public fund in Canada. Except if you can proof to have an established business with reliable streams of income adequate enough to fund your second year without liquidating or impairing on the smooth operation of the business.
Okay...Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.