Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029191 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mofpearl: 9:41am On Jul 17, 2019
JustMellow:

It will still be acknowledged by the VAC, but its always advisable to submit on time.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 9:48am On Jul 17, 2019
Edhinks:
Hello all.

Please, I would like to get a first hand information on this. I graduated with a health related degree, haven't worked in the health field for a day. It has been IT all the way. I found a school in Canada where I can do MASC in Computer Science but my question is, is it advisable to go for this or will it pose a problem in getting a study permit from the Canadian embassy?

Your input on this will be appreciated.
Thanks.

The beauty of CS is that for the most part, it’s an applied field and there are huge applications of CS in healthcare even if you aren’t currently in the field. Your SOP just has to be a convincing story. You mentioned you have industry experience, if it’s significant and can be proven that’s an advantage. If you can demonstrate why CS, what you stand to gain from it, how it’s beneficial to your future goals and how impactful those goals are in Nigeria to motivate a return home then you should be fine. Higher chance of success if you can tie CS to your previous degree.
Alternatively, get admission for both CS and a health related Masters that’s a logical progression of your previous degree. Apply with the latter and once you get to Canada, you can easily change programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olasenie: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
Good morning house. please, I would like to k ow the steps and process to get a canadian student Visa. schools and processes. Thanks as I await your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I just got my note, can anyone advice on what to do next? My application was refused in June.
Bsc: Psychology
Proposed study: ACCA
School: Toronto school of management

Note: Assessment note prepared by NROBI officer and entered into GCMS by OSC. I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2019
Fame2me79:
Hello everyone, I just got my note, can anyone advice on what to do next? My application was refused in June.

Note: Assessment note prepared by NROBI officer and entered into GCMS by OSC. I have reviewed the application. Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and poorly documented. The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

What is ACCA ?
Honestly, just work on your SOP, if you’re not willing to put in the work for your SOP then save yourself the troubles, disappointment .. and apply for a course that shows an easy logical progression.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 11:03am On Jul 17, 2019
Fame2me79:

ACCA is accounting international exam and it can be taken here in Nigeria...or is that a course on its own?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 11:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Fame2me79:

Wait oh...ACCA is the international exam for accountants abi? And it can be written here in Nigeria or it’s me that don’t understand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Passion2009: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2019
jessyeve:
Please which school is that
McGill University, Montreal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 11:16am On Jul 17, 2019
95seun:

What is ACCA ?
Honestly, just work on your SOP, if you’re not willing to put in the work for your SOP then save yourself the troubles, disappointment .. and apply for a course that shows an easy logical progression.

Yes I think that what I’ll do. Apply for a new course, thank you!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2019
[quote author=Fame2me79 post=80351997][/quote]

Don’t forget you would still need to write an impressive SOP. And also a LOE to address the reason for your previous program choice and why you’re applying for another program. It can be easily tackled though.

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
Olasenie:
Good morning house. please, I would like to k ow the steps and process to get a canadian student Visa. schools and processes. Thanks as I await your response

Good question and good way to start . Now, start from part 13 of the forum and make good use of Google . You'd surely get all you want . Take care
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
Anyone going to university of Ottawa here pls ....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fabregasss: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
Please do we have any university in Canada that is still offering admission now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fabregasss: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kishkosh:

Please are they still offering admission presently?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2019
OMG!! Finally!!! LOL (My sister)
Kishkosh:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
Bkoks:
OMG!! Finally!!! LOL (My sister)

Are you going to uottawa ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
I am going to Uottawa...

Kishkosh:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
Anyone going to Thompson rivers ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2019
Bkoks:
Medicals finally done yesterday at IOM. Now we wait for good feedback

Please how did u book your appointment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
For those that submitted their passport prior to request, have you guys gotten it back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Awuuga: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
Unfortunately it is almost impossible to find a University offering admission for this year at this time.
However you can apply for winter or summer of next year.

fabregasss:
Please do we have any university in Canada that is still offering admission now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
You've to call them or send a mail to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
Bazbaby:

Please how did u book your appointment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2019
my sister
Kishkosh:

Are you going to uottawa ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2019
Is the company planning to claim that u are their employer or what? If they are sponsoring u, they need to say why. If they claim to be your employer, u must show last 6 months payslip which must also show in your bank statement.
campu:
convincing them isn't a problem, what I want to find out is how much they pay attention to details like if the company has been paying me monthly salary from time of employment. If it a company sponsoring me, I thought they don't have to make any commitment asides the sponsorship letter and other company document a d financial strength.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
I don't know why I keep getting reject from all Canadian universities for masters ...
Please I have 3.788/5.00 Mechanical Engineering..
I have been rejected up to 7times.. the last time I complained, someone asked me to apply to Dalhousie university.. they also rejected after I mailed hard copies of documents.

Please has anyone with such GPA got admission for masters? In Engineering field.

Please my people.. I need response ..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2019
hotboss:
I don't know why I keep getting reject from all Canadian universities for masters ...
I have been rejected up to 7times.. the last time I complained, someone asked me to apply to Dalhousie university.. they also rejected after I mailed hard copies of documents.

Please has anyone with such GPA got admission for masters? In Engineering field.

ehyah bro I feel your pain. Just keep trying and don't give up. remember it's not over until it's over.

I would advice that you look into your statement of interest or purpose or research or intent. This might be the reason considering the fact that you have a low cgpa. i have a first class and yet Manitoba denied me admission because I didn't write a convincing SOI or SOP.

Secondly, try and get a supervisor before you submit your application. submitting your application without having a potential supervisor it's like saying you are on your own. except your department is saying you don't need one. And even if they are saying that, still proceed to mailing faculty staff until you get one. Write a convincing mail to them and attach your CV. This is the best time to start mailing them. its difficult but you need to follow that hard way this time. God bless your Labour this time bro

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
hotboss:

many universities in Canada focus on your last 2 years GPA, if that 3.788 is your last two years GPA , then it is low for thesis masters, but for course based, it is low o, but few schools may consider it if there are few applicants to the program,
plus check their admission average very well before applying, like 75% is 3.75/5.0. Uwindsor accepts that as minimum for course base masters in engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
bennyg24:

many universities in Canada focus on your last 2 years GPA, if that 3.788 is your last two years GPA , then it is low for thesis masters, but for course based, it is low o, but few schools may consider it if there are few applicants to the program,
plus check their admission average very well before applying, like 75% is 3.75/5.0. Uwindsor accepts that as minimum for course base masters in engineering

Thank you for your response.. I hv always applied to course base masters. My last two years is higher.. I only applied to schools whose minimum requirement is 70 to 75%.
Pls if there is any uni you know.. let me check it out..

University of newbrunswick reject twice
Manitoba. Once
Saskatchewan 3times
Dalhousie once
Queens once

I even Evaluated my transcript so that it will be in the 4.0 scale.. dalhousie still rejected.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
victorsol:

ehyah bro I feel your pain. Just keep trying and don't give up. remember it's not over until it's over.

I would advice that you look into your statement of interest or purpose or research or intent. This might be the reason considering the fact that you have a low cgpa. i have a first class and yet Manitoba denied me admission because I didn't write a convincing SOI or SOP.

Secondly, try and get a supervisor before you submit your application. submitting your application without having a potential supervisor it's like saying you are on your own. except your department is saying you don't need one. And even if they are saying that, still proceed to mailing faculty staff until you get one. Write a convincing mail to them and attach your CV. This is the best time to start mailing them. its difficult but you need to follow that hard way this time. God bless your Labour this time bro

Thank you very much for your response. Canada and US struggle are not near mate at all I swear..
If you see US admission plenty for my hand.. but I don't want to go to the US without been funded.. but canada Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2019
pls can some1 review my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
hotboss:

Thank you for your response.. I hv always applied to course base masters. My last two years is higher.. I only applied to schools whose minimum requirement is 70 to 75%.
Pls if there is any uni you know.. let me check it out..

University of newbrunswick reject twice
Manitoba. Once
Saskatchewan 3times
Dalhousie once
Queens once

I even Evaluated my transcript so that it will be in the 4.0 scale.. dalhousie still rejected.
Try University of Windsor,
I got admitted there to a course base master with 3.8 CGPA but my last two years GPA were above 4.0
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
hello famz, has june applicants start getting reply from cic?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.