Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026170 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lennyk: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello house, my gurus, pls how long does it take to hear from Ircc after medical request and passed. Background and eligibility are running concurrently. My medical has been updated to passed since 5th of July, since then nothing. Pls what’s the average of the waiting time before final decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sumji:
Bro, your CGPA is good enough. Try University of Regina. Mind you, I got rejected the first time I applied, but someone that had same issue adviced me to re-apply as it was very possible that they had met the admission quota for that academic intake (that was his experience when he emailed them to know why exactly he was refused an admission despite meeting the requirements).

What I did was re-apply, not to the closest academic intake (e.g Winter), as I dint want to risk having same issue, rather I applied for Summer intake (I got the admission). I was equally told that I have to find a supervisor myself, as I would need one to oversee my co-op progress, I tried to no avail. I kept calling all the offices in the school to let them know that their professors were not giving me a positive feedback. Did my best and just had to let go at some point. They ended up assigning a supervisor to me, along with the admission letter. grin

This is equally a good time to apply to University of Calgary, for fall 2020. They also granted me an admission without the hurdle of seeking a supervisor (although course based not Co-op, for Pet Eng., MEng).

The point of all these my long story: Your CGPA is good enough bro!!! I had a 2'1, but it's not as high as yours. TRY THE TWO SCHOOLS I SUGGESTED.

Thanks so much for your responses.. I will give dem a try ..did you apply for Engineering?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mfondara:

@Naijaforeigner

I sent the mail as discussed but I got an auto reply saying she's out on vacation till August. I will appreciate if you can help check with them in the office whether the new admission letter has been uploaded to VAS so that I can pester (as he's quite slow) my agent to download and I don't mind if they can share with me directly. And if not yet uploaded, when should one expect it to be uploaded.

Thank you bros.

Please send me your name and student number via PM once you get this message. If I get it before 2pm (7pm naija time) I will stop over at the office today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
jessyeve:
I disagree, purpose of visit is usually vaguely written plans or not progressive prospective course, I haven't seen anything beyond that
You have come again oh. I saw your wahala with other monikers oh. Please don't disagree with my response, but try contribute Your Own directly to the original person. Abeg Na my lane I de oh...

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hollushola(m): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
There is no average waiting time for bvl/passport request after passed medical request. Some waited 5days, some after 2weeks while some waited for as long as 1 month. Just keep hoping for the best.

My take: Send a gentle reminder to Nairobi office telling them your medical has been passed and you await your passport request.

lennyk:
Hello house, my gurus, pls how long does it take to hear from Ircc after medical request and passed. Background and eligibility are running concurrently. My medical has been updated to passed since 5th of July, since then nothing. Pls what’s the average of the waiting time before final decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
Even with my British degree, Calgary snubbed me and said they couldn't assign a supervisor to me. sad I don't blame them anyway, I blame UK and their harsh immigration policies angry if it was before, I for dey London now dey chill with 100k per year cheesy (Anyway, my transcript was incomplete and not detailed when I applied back in April or so, no hard feelings)

Sumji:
Bro, your CGPA is good enough. Try University of Regina. Mind you, I got rejected the first time I applied, but someone that had same issue adviced me to re-apply as it was very possible that they had met the admission quota for that academic intake (that was his experience when he emailed them to know why exactly he was refused an admission despite meeting the requirements).

What I did was re-apply, not to the closest academic intake (e.g Winter), as I dint want to risk having same issue, rather I applied for Summer intake (I got the admission). I was equally told that I have to find a supervisor myself, as I would need one to oversee my co-op progress, I tried to no avail. I kept calling all the offices in the school to let them know that their professors were not giving me a positive feedback. Did my best and just had to let go at some point. They ended up assigning a supervisor to me, along with the admission letter. grin

This is equally a good time to apply to University of Calgary, for fall 2020. They also granted me an admission without the hurdle of seeking a supervisor (although course based not Co-op, for Pet Eng., MEng).

The point of all these my long story: Your CGPA is good enough bro!!! I had a 2'1, but it's not as high as yours. TRY THE TWO SCHOOLS I SUGGESTED.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
mcobex:
@obehi44 is actually right on this, purpose of visit is bigger than you think. Though people(few) have reapplied without ordering their gcms note and got approved but that is just guess work. Only gcms note can give the real reasons behind every denial. All we can do here without seeing the gcms note is guess. So I will advise the concerned person to order for his gcms note before reapplying.
Thank you oh my dear, the only refusal reason I can manage to respond to or advice anyone who is in a hurry to respond to without GCMS note is "Personal assets and financial status". I have seen several GCMS on that and it all still means the applicant don't or didn't present enough cash and or assets. Even at that, in my own case which I was in a hurry, when the GCMS came out, I shouldn't only have tackled the area of money and assets, but to my shock, the VO that made the final decision actually made a mistake on his assessment, referring to the program as ordinary college diploma. That an applicant of that age going for college diploma. I was so pissed not to have seen that before I reapplied and as at then that other application has been refused again based on purpose of visit.
Funny enough my younger sister who is already in Canada had same error, responded to it and was giving the approval sharply in less than the normal processing time.
Anyway, I just have to say all of these so that someone should learn from it. @mcbox(you), @Frank, @makano and a few others adviced me then but I didn't listen.
Well leave that moniker to de attack people, soon enm cup go full.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
Anamekele:
Thanks Bro. I sent you mail
I didn't see it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
emmy4Gold:
Good morning my people, how is our day going, I guess smooth of course?

In the case of a co-sponsor, should the heading of the letter be "Co-sponsorship of ......" or preferably " Sponsorship of ......" which do you suggest for my case.
Thank you so much my people for putting smiles on our faces.

Letter of Co-sponsorship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mfondara: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Please send me your name and student number via PM once you get this message. If I get it before 2pm (7pm naija time) I will stop over at the office today.

PM sent. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
jessyeve:
I disagree, purpose of visit is usually vaguely written plans or not progressive prospective course, I haven't seen anything beyond that

The kind of negative chain reaction you put in this thread is alarming.

This is not a WhatsApp group!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
Oga frank & @Naijaforeigner, I dey greet from my end.

Been a while on here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
Austacus:

The kind of negative chain reaction you put in this thread is alarming.

This is not a WhatsApp group!
It is alarming oh. I think @jessyeve needs to be checked out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
Obehi44:

It is alarming oh. I think @jessyeve needs to be checked out.
she is making her own point from her observations. i believe its not bad for someone to pour out his/her observations. we all are giving advise based on experience(self and people's) and not that we are VO

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
Applied via paper June 28th, medical passed 11th of July, eligibility and background started same day
Blije:

Are you serious
When exactly did you apply
My eligibility review is yet to start o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
Paper route, background is also ongoing
Oluwaloseyi66:
background check...Online or paper route ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Okay I guess I would be able to continue what sillysally was doing..
A record of all applicants, so we can be able to keep tab on all our applications.
So can all applicants waiting for approval drop their information here...

Paper or online
Date of submission
Date of biometrics
Whether upfront or medicals not done..

I’ll start so we can all follow and I’ll input it in a tabular form..

My details
Applied July 3rd
Biometrics done July 9
No upfront medials
Background and eligibility running concurrently
Going for PGC...New Brunswick community college
School start date September 3rd

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Vesment:

she is making her own point from her observations. i believe its not bad for someone to pour out his/her observations. we all are giving advise based on experience(self and people's) and not that we are VO
Yes true. Let those who wish to make point direct it to the original moniker that asked or request help and not to attack other peoples 'point' according to you. I am sure that's not too hard.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
Austacus:
Oga frank & @Naijaforeigner, I dey greet from my end.

Been a while on here

How far bro, longest time. I plan on coming to Ottawa next month to renew my passport. We suppose see.
I go send you PM shortly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mfondara:

PM sent. Thanks.

mail received, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Deane: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
So i just got a notification on my CIC portal. Logged in and saw that the final decision column which had just "your application has been approved" now has yesterday's date added to it, and there's a new column "document status" wich has the following subheads - Document, Document numbe, Status, Expiry date Status Updated, Date, Travel document, Number, Country of Issue.
In addition to the above,another correspondence letter has been sent indicating details of the approval.
Can someone kindly explain the significance of this to me? Does it mean that passport has been stamped? What's the use of the additional letter - is that the letter of introduction?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sumji:

Bro I want to send you a PM. Please let's relate..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
JustMellow:

If so, why not just apply for a Graduate Diploma/Certificate related to any engineering field. It also shows a level of progression.

Good luck!

I heard visa is hard for PGC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yacha77: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
Yes......
Deane:
So i just got a notification on my CIC portal. Logged in and saw that the final decision column which had just "your application has been approved" now has yesterday's date added to it, and there's a new column "document status" wich has the following subheads - Document, Document numbe, Status, Expiry date Status Updated, Date, Travel document, Number, Country of Issue.
In addition to the above,another correspondence letter has been sent indicating details of the approval.
Can someone kindly explain the significance of this to me? Does it mean that passport has been stamped? What's the use of the additional letter - is that the letter of introduction?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by endee1996(f): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
hello everyone,can someone kindly give an estimate on how much is needed to start a student visa process. thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
My dear please leave them to be whining
Vesment:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmy4Gold: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
JustMellow:

Letter of Co-sponsorship
Thank you so much Oga JustMellow, you have been very resourceful to so many of us here. May God Almighty bless you & grant all that ur heart desires IJN Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Philomathhh(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
Deane:

Yes, your passport is ready for collection.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
How do you know if any is running? What message is displayed under the section?

gatsbym4:
A record of all applicants, so we can be able to keep tab on all our applications.

Paper or online
Date of submission
Date of biometrics

My details
Applied July 3rd
Biometrics done July 9
No upfront medials
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2019
waynee2baba:
How do you know if any is running? What message is displayed under the section?

Example

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Nice one dude. I applied from the UK on the 14th. The next day, I was asked to go for Biometrics and Background checks started after I did the Biometrics. It's displaying same message for me (except eligibility review), I initially thought it was a generic thing. Cheers for the screenshot, wish you good luck.
gatsbym4:

Example

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
gatsbym4:

Paper or online
Date of submission
Date of biometrics

My details
Applied July 3rd
Biometrics done July 9
No upfront medials

Oh great! Thank you for taking up such huge task.

Applied online June 20th
Biometrics done June 24th
first application
I've done an upfront medical which I'm yet to forward.
Eligibility review and background check are both running.
PGC centennial college
Resumption date September 2019 but got a new offer for january 2020 which i have sent via web form yesterday.

Praying real hard now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.