Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026031 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 8:01am On Jul 18, 2019
Blije:

My dear I really don’t understand what’s going on
I applied June 13th but still on background check too.
is your medicals passed?
applied june 22
medical passed july 4
since then eligibility and background check has been running together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2019
Vesment:

is your medicals passed?
applied june 22
medical passed july 4
Yes passed since 25th June but I applied on paper
Did you apply online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2019
hadigun:
Good morning.

Please how can I tackle this VO concern on my application. Was refused recently

Three refusal reasons, you can not tackle them all without a GCMS note. I say this because purpose of visit and family ties can be very wide. The best is to get the full details behind those reasons by ordering your GCMS note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2019
Try to link your application online so you can know the current status of your application
Ebiwalo101:
Applied: May 23rd 2019
Route:paper
and its now 8weeks i have not heard anything from the embassy, my visa tracking is still showing in the canada visa office meanwhile my international student adviser mailed me informing me that visa confirmation for thompson rivers university is 1st August 2019. Please does it take this long, any hope that i will be given sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2019
hotboss:
I don't know why I keep getting reject from all Canadian universities for masters ...
Please I have 3.788/5.00 Mechanical Engineering..
I have been rejected up to 7times.. the last time I complained, someone asked me to apply to Dalhousie university.. they also rejected after I mailed hard copies of documents.

Please has anyone with such GPA got admission for masters? In Engineering field.

Please my people.. I need response ..

If so, why not just apply for a Graduate Diploma/Certificate related to any engineering field. It also shows a level of progression.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:40am On Jul 18, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

Congratulations man! Still waiting for my letter of introduction

Have you sent them a mail regarding such effect or have you checked your gckey account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2019
Ebiwalo101:
and its now 8weeks i have not heard anything from the embassy, my visa tracking is still showing in the canada visa office meanwhile my international student adviser mailed me informing me that visa confirmation for thompsosn rivers university is 1st August 2019. Please does it take this long, any hope that i will be given sad

Has your eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 8:49am On Jul 18, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

Yes, it has been stamped
Send them a mail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 8:51am On Jul 18, 2019
Blije:

Yes passed since 25th June but I applied on paper
Did you apply online?
yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2019
Ebiwalo101:
and its now 8weeks i have not heard anything from the embassy, my visa tracking is still showing in the canada visa office meanwhile my international student adviser mailed me informing me that visa confirmation for thompsosn rivers university is 1st August 2019. Please does it take this long, any hope that i will be given sad
It hasn't exceeded the processing time, but I will advice you link it online so as to know the current status.
Send mails and webforms requesting that they speed up the process , you can attach the mail the school sent to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2019
Let's be careful the way we share our details. Even IRCC says your UCI should be confidential.
hadigun:
Good morning.

Please how can I tackle this VO concern on my application. Was refused recently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 9:10am On Jul 18, 2019
Don't be discouraged bro and never give up. Try Memorial University and Lakehead University. I have 3.86/5.00 CGPA and they both gave me admission.

hotboss:
I don't know why I keep getting reject from all Canadian universities for masters ...
Please I have 3.788/5.00 Mechanical Engineering..
I have been rejected up to 7times.. the last time I complained, someone asked me to apply to Dalhousie university.. they also rejected after I mailed hard copies of documents.

Please has anyone with such GPA got admission for masters? In Engineering field.

Please my people.. I need response ..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 9:12am On Jul 18, 2019
JustMellow:

Have you sent them a mail regarding such effect or have you checked your gckey account?

I've sent a mail and I keep checking my gckey but nothing yet from cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Deane: 9:12am On Jul 18, 2019
Who else is Dalbound? PM me let's link up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:17am On Jul 18, 2019
MsJu:
It hasn't exceeded the processing time, but I will advice you link it online so as to know the current status.
Send mails and webforms requesting that they speed up the process , you can attach the mail the school sent to you.

Is it Processing time as at the time of application or as it is now? Because as it is now, Processing time is 8 weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Henkubert: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2019
Any one here in College of North Atlantic Newfoundland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by haykays(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2019
Please, did you use language test for your application in those schools

NuelNuelTT:
Don't be discouraged bro and never give up. Try Memorial University and Lakehead University. I have 3.86/5.00 CGPA and they both gave me admission.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 18, 2019
I disagree, purpose of visit is usually vaguely written plans or not progressive prospective course, I haven't seen anything beyond that
Obehi44:

Three refusal reasons, you can not tackle them all without a GCMS note. I say this because purpose of visit and family ties can be very wide. The best is to get the full details behind those reasons by ordering your GCMS note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

I've sent a mail and I keep checking my gckey but nothing yet from cic

Then try sending emails again to both Lagos (esp) and Nairobi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 10:01am On Jul 18, 2019
Anamekele:
House please I need your advice.
Can a PhD applicant still have hope if he apply by 1st of August paper route or online? This is because PhD can start within one month after official resumption
Yes, if you think you can't defer your admission till next year then you should apply (you never can tell). CIC has approved someone's application within 3 days of applying so anything can happen.
But only do that if you think deferring your admission isn't possible or might cost you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 10:10am On Jul 18, 2019
jessyeve:
I disagree, purpose of visit is usually vaguely written plans or not progressive prospective course, I haven't seen anything beyond that
@obehi44 is actually right on this, purpose of visit is bigger than you think. Though people(few) have reapplied without ordering their gcms note and got approved but that is just guess work. Only gcms note can give the real reasons behind every denial. All we can do here without seeing the gcms note is guess. So I will advise the concerned person to order for his gcms note before reapplying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2019
Vesment:

is your medicals passed?
applied june 22
medical passed july 4
which month and date did u do your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 10:55am On Jul 18, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
which month and date did u do your medicals?
it was upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2019
Vesment:

it was upfront
i know it was upfront. I just want to know the month and date u did yours. Because i did upfront april and i applied for student visa june but it hasn't been updated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
i know it was upfront. I just want to know the month and date u did yours. Because i did upfront april and i applied for student visa june but it hasn't been updated
OH, I did upfront by may13th. i applied may 22, then denied june 19( no medicals passed). reapplied june 22 and medicals passed july 4th and since then eligibility and background check has been running together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmy4Gold: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2019
Good morning my people, how is our day going, I guess smooth of course?

In the case of a co-sponsor, should the heading of the letter be "Co-sponsorship of ......" or preferably " Sponsorship of ......" which do you suggest for my case.
Thank you so much my people for putting smiles on our faces.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 11:53am On Jul 18, 2019
mcobex:
Yes, if you think you can't defer your admission till next year then you should apply (you never can tell). CIC has approved someone's application within 3 days of applying so anything can happen.
But only do that if you think deferring your admission isn't possible or might cost you.
Thanks Bro.
I sent you mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mfondara: 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

I am a very small boy just starting life grin

You can contact ckonnerth@fanshawec.ca (She is a wonderful lady). If she does not respond or help out, let me know ASAP (just mention me here) and I will visit the International office on your behalf. I will be in school on Thursday.

I am completing my program in SCM in the next 6 weeks by God's grace, so when the time comes, if you need any material, let me know.

@Naijaforeigner

I sent the mail as discussed but I got an auto reply saying she's out on vacation till August. I will appreciate if you can help check with them in the office whether the new admission letter has been uploaded to VAS so that I can pester (as he's quite slow) my agent to download and I don't mind if they can share with me directly. And if not yet uploaded, when should one expect it to be uploaded.

Thank you bros.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bro, your CGPA is good enough. Try University of Regina. Mind you, I got rejected the first time I applied, but someone that had same issue adviced me to re-apply as it was very possible that they had met the admission quota for that academic intake (that was his experience when he emailed them to know why exactly he was refused an admission despite meeting the requirements).

What I did was re-apply, not to the closest academic intake (e.g Winter), as I dint want to risk having same issue, rather I applied for Summer intake (I got the admission). I was equally told that I have to find a supervisor myself, as I would need one to oversee my co-op progress, I tried to no avail. I kept calling all the offices in the school to let them know that their professors were not giving me a positive feedback. Did my best and just had to let go at some point. They ended up assigning a supervisor to me, along with the admission letter. grin

This is equally a good time to apply to University of Calgary, for fall 2020. They also granted me an admission without the hurdle of seeking a supervisor (although course based not Co-op, for Pet Eng., MEng).

The point of all these my long story: Your CGPA is good enough bro!!! I had a 2'1, but it's not as high as yours. TRY THE TWO SCHOOLS I SUGGESTED.

hotboss:

Thank you for your response.. I hv always applied to course base masters. My last two years is higher.. I only applied to schools whose minimum requirement is 70 to 75%.
Pls if there is any uni you know.. let me check it out..

University of newbrunswick reject twice
Manitoba. Once
Saskatchewan 3times
Dalhousie once
Queens once

I even Evaluated my transcript so that it will be in the 4.0 scale.. dalhousie still rejected.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
nicerichard05:
pls can some1 review my SOP?

I NEED A RESPONSE FOR THIS PLS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
Blema111:

Is it Processing time as at the time of application or as it is now? Because as it is now, Processing time is 8 weeks.
"The processing time begins the day Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) receives an application and ends the day a final decision is made" culled from their mail.
Personally I think it's based on time of application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
JustMellow:

Then try sending emails again to both Lagos (esp) and Nairobi

Thanks, I just sent a mail to Lagos guys. I hope they help

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.