Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018989 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2019
ihiteukwa:

studied Bsc Accounting.
going for MBA.
Work in a financial institution as Head of operation
Great, just try to work on your SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2019
Alfarrouk:
Hello House,

Thank You for help so far, I'm just one step closer now.

I have been requested to submit my passport but my passport is only valid till Feb 2020.

I tried reissue or renew but it has to be valid for 6 months or less before that can happen.

School is in September. What can I do in this case? Submit the passport like that?

Thank you
Submit your passport like that, you will renew it when you enter Canada. Don't worry it won't be a problem for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darrywhyte(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2019
mcobex:
You have two options:
1. Study - apply for PhD and seek full funding from the school of another masters(though it will be harder to convince the vo with it than PhD)
2. Express Entry - Apply for EE and move to Canada and start working or you can go to school if you want when you get there(that's if you really want to study in Canada )
Thanks I will work towards EE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:21am On Jul 27, 2019
sashaa:

If it's his first application then it's possible the agent has not submitted his application. From the information on this thread, most people are asked to do biometrics after 24-48hours of submission. That's for online application. While for paper application, biometrics is done same day.
Please let him ask the agent for proof of application submission.
Yes it is possible the agent is yet to apply but sometimes it takes longer to get biometric mail, some cases might take even more than a month(though rare)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
"When you apply for a study permit, you can get two types of student visa. One is S-1 and other is SW-1. Some students start to stress themselves over the type of visa they get but it doesn't really make much difference. As its name indicates, S-1 stands for Study Visa and SW-1 visa stands for Study and Work visa or study permit with work permit. Usually, students who have a compulsory co-op in their program are issued SW-1 visa. On the other hand, students who have an optional co-op or internship in theri program are given S-1 visa. But sometimes, even students who have mandatory co-op also get just S-1 visa. Don't worry if you are one of them.
With S-1 visa, you have to apply for co-op work permit after coming here. If you have SW-1 visa, there is no need to apply for co-op work permit and you can start working in your internship without additional permit."

Guess I have found my answer

I must say, this was elaborate. You spoke my mind.

How are you BTW?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ahmedio2017(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2019
Gozychuks:
I have searched many schools many don't have January resumption. Pls can anyone give me list of some schools with January resumption so I can check them out please.

Try humber college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 11:48am On Jul 27, 2019
Congratulations dear
omoh1:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!
I've been a silent reader on this forum and I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone contributing on this forum. This forum really gave me a feel of 'we are in this together' kind of feeling.
Timeline
Paper route
Submitted : 17th May 2019
Medical request : 20th June
Medical done at iom: 2nd July
Medical passed: 5th July
1st correspondence letter/Bvl: 22nd July
2nd Correspondence letter and updated to approval: yesterday or today but I just checked my mail this morning.
Going to pick up my passport on Monday
To all those waiting for approval, this coming week will not pass you by! Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2019
Ayodeji786:

I contacted prospective supervisors in my area of research interest. He wasn't having funding but He nominated me for the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship and I won it. He is the graduate chair of my department tho and he was the one that wrote the research proposal I used for the scholarship nomination.

My brother my friend, how far your app?

To the bolded, some information are best left coded in private than in public space. Nairaland is amongst the top 5 blog searches in Naija.

My reasons: normally, the research proposal pertaining the full funding or scholarship wasn't suppose to be written by the potential supervisor, but the prospect student. We don't know who's reading

No hostility bro, much love!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
JustMellow:

My brother my friend, how far your app?

To the bolded, some information are best left coded in private than in public space. Nairaland is amongst the top 5 blog searches in Naija.

My reasons: normally, the research proposal pertaining the full funding or scholarship wasn't suppose to be written by the potential supervisor, but the prospect student. We don't know who's reading

No hostility bro, much love!

Thank you very much for the correction bro. Am grateful.

However concern my study permit, I'm still waiting for the decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
Congrats @omoh1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gozychuks(m): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
Thanks. I want university not college going for masters
ahmedio2017:

Try humber college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jesudaughter(f): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy funny you

ralfudoh:
You seem to know so much about your friend and how worried he is. My friend also suggests that you should tell your to request for proof that his application was submitted (a confirmation mail from CIC, tracking number, application number, e.t.c). My friend further said that he will proceed to contact CIC and ask about it. My friend also said that you should ask your friend if he has applied to Canada in that past 12-15months and submitted his biometrics? If yes, then no need for biometrics to be submitted. My friend also said he should ask if the application was submitted online or via paper. That is what my friend said I should tell you to tell your friend.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ahmedio2017(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
Gozychuks:
Thanks. I want university not college going for masters

Oh OK bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ifeyemi200(f): 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Abeg, no vex, as I said earlier, I screenshot your response to him. What he has right now is evidence that his application was received by CIC. He is thinking of going to the embassy to confirm the application. He is seeking your advice.

However, I have my own question, I saw something on the pictures he sent to me, I wanted to ask if Visitor visa is same as study permit. For me, na visitor visa I see say the agent filled in the form.

ralfudoh:
You seem to know so much about your friend and how worried he is. My friend also suggests that you should tell your to request for proof that his application was submitted (a confirmation mail from CIC, tracking number, application number, e.t.c). My friend further said that he will proceed to contact CIC and ask about it. My friend also said that you should ask your friend if he has applied to Canada in that past 12-15months and submitted his biometrics? If yes, then no need for biometrics to be submitted. My friend also said he should ask if the application was submitted online or via paper. That is what my friend said I should tell you to tell your friend.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
ifeyemi200:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Abeg, no vex, as I said earlier, I screenshot your response to him. What he has right now is evidence that his application was received by CIC. He is thinking of going to the embassy to confirm the application. He is seeking your advice.

However, I have my own question, I saw something on the pictures he sent to me, I wanted to ask if Visitor visa is same as study permit. For me, na visitor visa I see say the agent filled in the form.

Lobatan!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
no you dont need to do it again, its valid for 10 years
Titollady:
Hello House

I applied for Canadian student visa and was refused.
I have reapplied but I want to ask if I will need to do biometrics again.

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
He doesn't need to go to the embassy, as a simple mail would be okay for him to get a response form them. Going there is a lot more stressful than sending a mail with the necessary information like passport number, date of birth, application number, e.t.c, just something that can help them identify his application. A mail to Lagos office is fine. They would respond. Bear in mind, when sending the mail, I will advice he sends it enquiring for the status of the app. He/she doesn't know if the agent used a Use of Representative form. So you dont draw attention to CIC that an agent submitted for him/her and yet its not stated in the app, thats enough for a 5yrs ban. Trust me, CIC aren't smiling. Be careful on how you thread. Don't end up shooting yourself in the foot. Thats what my friend said I should tell you for your friend grin
ifeyemi200:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
Very well thank you sir smiley
JustMellow:

I must say, this was elaborate. You spoke my mind.

How are you BTW?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stephanie22: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Good evening house, I got an admission into one of the colleges in Canada. I am a BSc holder with a 2.1 in one of the Nigerian universities.

I want to start the visa application process but do not know how to go about it.

I have never been employed. My sponsor is my brother who is outside the country.
My father has a small company which I am thinking of using it as my family ties but still do not know how to go about it because I don't co-run the company with him.

Please house, help me with ideas on how to write my SOP and also how to give the VO a strong reason for coming back. Please I will really appreciate to be helped in this. Thank you everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Freeworld321: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
SOPWriter:
Oh, yeah, I could recall your story in part 15. Trust you're doing great?

Yea bro. I am doing great. All Glory to God. I already replied your mail.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
omoh1:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!
I've been a silent reader on this forum and I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone contributing on this forum. This forum really gave me a feel of 'we are in this together' kind of feeling.
Timeline
Paper route
2nd Correspondence letter and updated to approval: yesterday or today but I just checked my mail this morning.

Pls share documents u submitted. Thanks nd congratz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ifeyemi200(f): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Thank you for not being tired of my friend
grin
ralfudoh:
He doesn't need to go to the embassy, as a simple mail would be okay for him to get a response form them. Going there is a lot more stressful than sending a mail with the necessary information like passport number, date of birth, application number, e.t.c, just something that can help them identify his application. A mail to Lagos office is fine. They would respond. Bear in mind, when sending the mail, I will advice he sends it enquiring for the status of the app. He/she doesn't know if the agent used a Use of Representative form. So you dont draw attention to CIC that an agent submitted for him/her and yet its not stated in the app, thats enough for a 5yrs ban. Trust me, CIC aren't smiling. Be careful on how you thread. Don't end up shooting yourself in the foot. Thats what my friend said I should tell you for your friend grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
ifeyemi200:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Thank you for not being tired of my friend
grin

I like this your friend oo. I hope it's not you sha because you have details gan ni.
lolz

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ahmedio2017(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
Stephanie22:
Good evening house, I got an admission into one of the colleges in Canada. I am a BSc holder with a 2.1 in one of the Nigerian universities.

I want to start the visa application process but do not know how to go about it.

I have never been employed. My sponsor is my brother who is outside the country.
My father has a small company which I am thinking of using it as my family ties but still do not know how to go about it because I don't co-run the company with him.

Please house, help me with ideas on how to write my SOP and also how to give the VO a strong reason for coming back. Please I will really appreciate to be helped in this. Thank you everyone.

Undergraduate admission or msc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
Stephanie22:

which college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
Freeworld321:

Yea bro. I am doing great. All Glory to God. I already replied your mail.
I'm glad you're doing great, and yes, he does own all the glory!
I actually didn't send you a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
omoh1:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!
Timeline
Paper route
Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Emmyinks: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hi
please I need help from someone who applied for thesis based masters program (especially chemical engineering). i want to be sure am doing the right thing about this supervisor palaver. I have applied different advice on previous thread but never see any reply. Pls help me.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stephanie22: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Undergraduate admission or msc
I applied for an MSc program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stephanie22: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
victorsol:

which college?
Centennial college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Madupcy: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
omoh1:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!
Timeline
Paper route

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
Stephanie22:
Centennial college
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.