Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026033 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
Tlontin:

My cic portal changed from submitted to updated but no message!! Perhaps you should check yours!!!

Any update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AdimGreat(f): 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
Please has anyone here done WES verification for ESUT degree transcript?

I'm currently in the process. I was first asked to pay N35,000 to send my transcript to WES. And now I'm being asked to pay another N35,000 for verification. This is really crazy and I don't understand why our institutions should be extorting us this way.

N35,000 just to respond to an email??

Has anyone experienced this?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Any update
No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations!!!
amazonrck:
APPROVAL!!! GOD ALONE BE PRAISED.
From a very silent reader who has been following the thread since Part 13 grin grin………….

B.Ed (Educational Management)
M.Ed (Education Policy Studies)
PhD in Education Administration and Leadership.
First Application: Online - June 19, 2018 (Withdrawn in January after 7months with no update)
Second Application: Paper – March 25, 2019
Eligibility – April 30
Request for Medical – May 2, Done – May 8 (IOM)
Medical Passed – May 12
Biometric Validity – May 15
Approved – June 12, 2019.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
- Letter of Admission
- Study permit form/Questionnaire
- Temporary Residence Form (Our 2 year old son accompanying me)
- Family Form
- Letter of Funding from School (Fully funded)
- Bank statements (Hubby & Brother: Commitment of 1.2m yearly, first year transferred to my account by brother, no personal bank statement submitted)
- Well written and detailed SOP (5 pages, didn’t have anyone to help review)
- LOE (1 Page, stating reasons for withdrawing the first application)
- Letter of sponsorship & co-sponsorship from hubby and brother.
- Sponsor & Co-sponsors' bio-data pages, CAC of hubby company, Employment ID & Appointment Letter of brother e.t.c
- Letter of consent from hubby (For our son)
- Previous Visa (SA – Study Visa for my Masters)
- Copies of mails between the faculty dean and I, stating I am not required to pay any fee till registration begins in September.
- CV
- Copies of my articles in Academic journals.
- Copy of my published book by an international publisher
- Degree certificates
- Police clearance (SA only)

*** My timeline has been shared to encourage someone who is about to, or may have given up on this journey (don’t give up, your time will come in due season if you faint not).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by useni4james: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
Bracha:
Please check your email. I sent it on the 10th.

Bracha:

useni4james:
Plz house, I received my passport with a slip to send mail to Kenya immigration to know the problem. Without medical request and my documents are still with them. Anybody receive the same message with his/her passport. And my online application is still in progress!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SeriaBravo: 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

Mine updated and I tracked on VFS now, it's available for collection.
Any update

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hello Everyone, I’ve been silent reader on this thread for months now and i must say, it’s really a great feeling finally sharing my Approval story. I applied for study permit and my dad applied for visitors visa cause he will me accompanying me.

We applied on the 22nd March
Biometrics instruction: 23rd March
Biometrics done: 26th March
Medical Request: 8th May
Medicals Done: 15th May
Medicals passed: 23rd May

Dads Biometrics validity and PPR: 6th June
My Biometrics validity and PPR: 13th June

There’s a warm feeling in my heart.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
OptimusPrime21:

1st of all.. I dont know Simon Fraser university, I didn't apply there.. in fact am leaving Nigeria for the very 1st time in my life..so I am going to get the knowledge of canada wen I get there...

I am not going for an Msc, but a PGD...I really don't know how getting supervisors with funding works..

I suggest you go to thread 15.. and read up cos there were Msc applicants who applied, got supervisors and funding and got visas...
Hello, what's the name of your school? Do they accept 2.2?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
Well. I know I paid UNIBEN 2k to respond to the email verification from WES, while UNILAG did not take anything. I believe the school has their price. (Do they know what to do?) maybe you need to find out exactly if they know what they are to do.

AdimGreat:

I'm currently in the process. I was first asked to pay N35,000 for them to send my transcript to WES. And now I'm being asked to pay another N35,000 for them to respond to WES verification email request. This is really crazy and I don't understand why our institutions should be extorting us this way.

Like N35,000 just to respond to an email??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations.

JefferyOH:
Hello Everyone, I’ve been silent reader on this thread for months now and i must say, it’s really a great feeling finally sharing my Approval story. I applied for study permit and my dad applied for visitors visa cause he will me accompanying me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akpesman: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
Bracha:
If you can get a bus to Obalende/CMS from Iyana Ipaja, enter the bus. Stop at Obalende bus stop. At Obalende, take a Keke to Alagbon. Then walk into the place.

Thanks brethren. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations! Please what do you mean? Can you actually apply without submitting passport?
amazonrck:

Yes I did, because I went through the paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
author=SeriaBravo post=79292952]
was any email sent to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by canadaman18: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
@Optimusprime21 @ Ttotlin

The profile keeps showing updated but I don’t see anything and also tracking vfs still shows processing at the embassy . It also got updated yesterday. Maybe by tomorrow it will be ready for pickup
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
Thanks so much, received. Found it in my spam folder.

Bracha:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Talanf: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hello good afternoon house.

Is there anyone here in University of Regina, Saskatchewan?

I need information on what to do next after getting visa,

It's different methods in different schools I guess.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
canadaman18:
@Optimusprime21 @ Tlontin

The profile keeps showing updated but I don’t see anything and also tracking vfs still shows processing at the embassy . It also got updated yesterday. Maybe by tomorrow it will be ready for pickup
same here too!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
Purplestorm:
Hello, what's the name of your school? Do they accept 2.2?

All colleges accept 2.2...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
Doesn't sound right. I think there's miscommunication somewhere... It's a normal procedure (between WES and Universities) that does not require you to instruct your school. At least that's what my school told me back then (UNIPORT).

Did you go there yourself? Sounds like someone is trying to rip you off...

AdimGreat:

I'm currently in the process. I was first asked to pay N35,000 for them to send my transcript to WES. And now I'm being asked to pay another N35,000 for them to respond to WES verification email request. This is really crazy and I don't understand why our institutions should be extorting us this way.

Like N35,000 just to respond to an email??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
Purplestorm:
Congratulations! Please what do you mean? Can you actually apply without submitting passport?

Yes u can apply online without submitting your physical passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zsuby: 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
Tlontin:

Send that e medical paper you are given at iom via webform. By the way, is it a request or upfront?
It was a request. Now because it's already 30 days after medical request came in, my CIC account is show we have not received any medical results. What else can I do? I have sent them email many times but no response or update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
zsuby:

It was a request. Now because it's already 30 days after medical request came in, my CIC account is show we have not received any medical results. What else can I do? I have sent them email many times but no response or update
I have told you to send the e medical paper you were given at iom to them via webform and email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zsuby: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
Tlontin:

I have told you to send the e medical paper you were given at iom to them via webform and email.
I wasn't given any. They said they only give to those doing upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hollushola(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
JefferyOH:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hollushola(m): 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations
JefferyOH:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
Thank you for the response, can I travel while my application is being processed?
OptimusPrime21:

Yes u can apply online without submitting your physical passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
zsuby:

I wasn't given any. They said they only give to those doing upfront
Tell them to resend it to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
Is this possible to get approval after receiving a biometrics validity without getting a medical request?
CynthiaA5:
Yeah I received it after my medical was passed. There was no medical request instruction because I did upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
Purplestorm:
Thank you for the response, can I travel while my application is being processed?

U can but be aware wen ever cic request for anything... u v 30days to do it all else, dy will assume you are no longer interested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OptimusPrime21: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Is this possible to get approval after receiving a biometrics validity without getting a medical request?

Medicals is a prerequisite of an approval...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2019
JefferyOH:

Congratulations! More good news to come our way in this part 16
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Yes but with what we are seeing lately, people that got the letter after medical request were mostly approved!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.