Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024599 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2019
Well you have taken a good step by deferring to January.
You need to order gcm notes for more specific details on your refusal.
From what I can see here, you need to re-write ur SOP showing the VO that you have either a job, landed property or family business that would bring you back home.
So you can share with this platform more on what evidence you put in your application to show you are coming back home.
Since you did not give exact figures for your finances, I guess your finance covered your tuition and living for your first year.

Again, order gcm notes.

Pls other gurus are welcomed to give their own advice.
Let’s ensure approval story for a fellow Nigerian smiley
gatsbym4:
So refusal dropped yesterday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Congratulations
I m happy for you
Pachie:
APPROVAL ALERT!!!
First.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 9:07am On Aug 15, 2019
Good morning everyone. Please can I use fixed deposit certificates as proof of funds, without including my statement of account. I however plan to include my payslips, employment letter, letter of introduction from employer. Please, will this be an issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 10:07am On Aug 15, 2019
Good day everyone, pls for those that have travelled, were you stopped at any border (African border and otherwise) for the immunisation yellow card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 10:10am On Aug 15, 2019
Please can someone tell me if this means the application is at lagos office or what does it mean

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2019
It’s still at the visa office, not Lagos yet .
Same thing showing for me and visa has been approved.
You can call the customer care line to ask about your passport tho.
SmallerB:
Please can someone tell me if this means the application is at lagos office or what does it mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2019
OliviaPretty9:
Good day beautiful people.
I need a big favour.
I have searched, searched and still searching for Scholarship (any country in Europe )...Practically anywhere outside Africa and Asia.

I have a cgpa of 4.1/5.0
Course - Mathematics related.

Please any link would be appreciated.
I believe someone here has the information I seek.

I am pleading.
try to secure a supervisor in canada universities. If its the usa, write gre and toefl, u will get good funding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 10:21am On Aug 15, 2019
Thanks, i called the customer care for lagos and the girl told ne its at the embassy(she sounded really rude so the conversation was somehow) she now said waiting time is 15days and i need it like next week. Its been 7working days already. Although when i dropped it the person told me 10days
ca12:
It’s still at the visa office, not Lagos yet .
Same thing showing for me and visa has been approved.
You can call the customer care line to ask about your passport tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2019
ca12:
Well you have taken a good step by deferring to January.
You need to order gcm notes for more specific details on your refusal.
From what I can see here, you need to re-write ur SOP showing the VO that you have either a job, landed property or family business that would bring you back home.
So you can share with this platform more on what evidence you put in your application to show you are coming back home.
Since you did not give exact figures for your finances, I guess your finance covered your tuition and living for your first year.

Again, order gcm notes.

Pls other gurus are welcomed to give their own advice.
Let’s ensure approval story for a fellow Nigerian smiley

Finances
Aunt had balance of 40m
Sponsoring tuition and living expenses
My tuition and living expenses is about 6m

Uncle
Supporting with 600cad every month
Canadian citizen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2019
gatsbym4:
Pls who’s in canny and can help with gcms note...
Dunno how to tell my parents sef.
God
They spent so much.
God

Stay strong bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mroyato(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2019
Guys a quick question here. Can a signed/sealed letter of sponsorship from the government of a state suffice as proof of fund?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2019
JustMellow:

Stay strong bro.

@justmellow, pls do you have any info as to this below ?

Good day everyone, pls for those that have travelled, were you stopped at any border (African border and otherwise) for the immunisation yellow card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2019
BaaleOfOntario:
Good day everyone one. I finished NYSC April 2019. I applied for trv May 9th and was refused in June 26th based on P. of visit, fam ties, Personal asset and financial status. I'm 22 yrs of age. Now my Dad wants me calm down repackage well and re-apply in December 2019.

My question is do I need to be bothered about what I have been doing since I finished NYSC till December 2019 when I'm gonna re-apply ?

Note : My gcms only point at Study plan vague and poorly documented, and weak family ties in Nigeria. I need advice.

Any study gap below within or below 1yr isn't counted as a gap, but however, filling the gap with tangible engagements will also play a contributing factor towards your "level of establishment" or personal circimstances." However, you can get an internship letter, seminars, training, short certificate programs, voluntary services, humanitarian acts etc can be used as active duties or work done within the gap.

You can also use your age to your advantage when drafting a more constructive SOP and LOE, especially towards your level of establishment and employment history.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2019
gatsbym4:

Finances
Aunt had balance of 40m

Uncle
Canadian citizen

From the VO's comments, I have two questions.......

1. How strong are your ties to Nigeria. You have an uncle who resides in Canada, you need to show stronger ties to Nigeria because the fact that your uncle is already a citizen means he is well established to support you and encourage you to stay back in Canada. Analyze your ties before your next application

2. Did any of your sponsor transfer money to your account before you submitted your application? I believe in commitment backed with supporting docs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayemi360: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Pls help with customer care line. My application has been approved but no news as regards collection of my submitted passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2019
Good morning everyone. Please can I use fixed deposit certificates as proof of funds, without including my statement of account? I plan to include my payslips, employment letter, letter of introduction from employer. Please, will this be an issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:53am On Aug 15, 2019
rugged2k2:
Good day everyone, please gurus in the house I need some guidance, am married but my account is more robust than my husband own. Must one have a sponsor if you can sponsor yourself what is your chance.

Hello Rugged2k2,

If you've carefully assessed your finnacial capacity and capability of such sponsorship, then you don't need a sponsor. Another thing you should put into consideration is the type of application whether its a single or family application (accompanying dependent). If its a family application, the financial expectations would be high when compared to a single application.

On the other hand, it also depends on how the definition of robust applies, when compared in the context of the VO's assessment. As a self-sponsored applicant, there is also no harm using a co-sponsor because it ease certain financial areas.

To answer your question, if an applicant is aspiring to be self-sponsored and financially stable with a steady source of funds and good proof of funds, then using a sponsor isn't necessary. The chances of a positive decision also equals that of an applicant using a sponsor likewise the negative.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mistaken: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2019
please can someone help me with any school link that doesn't require IELTS or TOFEL in Canada? Althugh, they have denied me visa once.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2019
My dear, Na so those customer care guys b o, Dey now become mini-gods just because person Dey ask them info. Encountered one too, the last time I called vfs but had to keep my calm. U can send a mail to Lagos immigration office about your request and the urgency.

My advice

Not the way it should be done o
SmallerB:
Thanks, i called the customer care for lagos and the girl told ne its at the embassy(she sounded really rude so the conversation was somehow) she now said waiting time is 15days and i need it like next week. Its been 7working days already. Although when i dropped it the person told me 10days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2019
Just google vfs and open the website the number is below the page.

Not sure if we can drop numbers here
Olayemi360:
Pls help with customer care line. My application has been approved but no news as regards collection of my submitted passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:02am On Aug 15, 2019
Thebushboy:
Considering the application date, please how do you determine when your application has exceeded the processing time?

Do you consider the published processing time as at when you applied?

or

The current processing time for that week/period?

This has always been confusing. The latter should be the most certain, counting from when the biometrics has been given. But most times when IRCC experience high volumes of applications, the current processing would then be applicable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2019
mroyato:
Guys a quick question here. Can a signed/sealed letter of sponsorship from the government of a state suffice as proof of fund?
I doubt it will hold waters, most states in Nigeria are not trusted (some states can't event pay their workers salary). The only way it might work is if the said state have had such dealings with CIC in the last and they kept to their word, but if not I will strongly advise they pay your tuition fee and transfer the living expenses into your personal account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Did you receive your letter of introduction?
Olayemi360:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by smod10(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2019
I applied for Bachelor‭s program and I got denied but I’d really like to reapply.

Here are the reasons the VO gave for denial
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I have attached my SOP that also consists of the documents I submitted.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1D51-UVfaEsIdvIbkkY4eWueO0c2mcwlp/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

I will be glad if there are any help. I have another resumption date. January 2020....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2019
DrDax:

Hi,

The proof of funds aspect.

How much is minimum funding acceptable for a family of four?

I'm beginning to think my 5m will not cut it at all.

The cic website stated something about "additional funds outside of tuition" being $17,000 per annum.

If that be the case, then one would be needing over N20m for a four year course!!??

any tips for me?
First, work with the figures you see on CIC's site.
Secondly, if you are self-sponsored then you MUST provide funds to cover the entire duration of your program. But if you have a sponsor then he/she can provide fund for the first year and show proof of how he/she intends to pay for other year(s).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2019
Thebushboy:

From the VO's comments, I have two questions.......

1. How strong are your ties to Nigeria. You have an uncle who resides in Canada, you need to show stronger ties to Nigeria because the fact that your uncle is already a citizen means he is well established to support you and encourage you to stay back in Canada. Analyze your ties before your next application

2. Did any of your sponsor transfer money to your account before you submitted your application? I believe in commitment backed with supporting docs.

1. Got a job ( showed all documents for this)
2. Got a land ( showed documents validating this)
3. I'm my dad's next of kin for his properties and his RSA account of about 11M
4. Got 2 brothers here

No they didn't.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2019
FOBMAT:
I applied for January intake in Canada since may 2019, till now I have not seen any admission do I need to worry ?

U of M can be so slow with admission processing. Admission issuance depends on the department and if the deadline for admission of your department hasn't close yet, then you're have to still wait.

Most department might issue out admission before year's run out or early next year. If you have been able to secure a supervisor, this might also speed things up.

Be patient and Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jeff1980(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2019
Good morning , pls I need an advice on medical test. I was told I need to summit my medical along with my application. I dont know how true or important it is if I summit medical with d application or if I dont . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2019
what was your home tie
meaning proof to show that you would return to nigeria.
your finance looks good.

NB; HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR GCM NOTES
gatsbym4:

Finances
Aunt had balance of 40m

Uncle
Canadian citizen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 11:24am On Aug 15, 2019
Please who can help review my SOP

THIS TIME I WANTU GET IT RIGHT.

ABEG

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2019
SOPWriter:

Meet with that agent and request every detail that was previously submitted: this is necessary to avoid being charged for misinformation as a result of complete different details.
You really cannot trust this agents.

Very Important

Very true.

In addition: try to request for your gcms notes and re-draft your SOP and LOE constructively because some of the issues also came from there likewise documentation.

Cc: DiamomdFm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2019
Demmzy15:
I don't how feasible it is to get admission, I'm yet to apply and the deadline for winter is September 1. It's a thesis based masters program in biomedical engineering.

Its advisable to look for other options (DLI or Program), as a Winter admission with a deadline of September 1 for a Thesis based Masters is almost impossible.

Good luck!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.