Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,244 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029559 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shammak(m): 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Shammak,

Its not always about the possibility, but the productivity. Its better advised to apply from one's home country to stand a good chance and also being able to show home ties.

Good luck!

Thanks so much bro for your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Horlamidei(m): 6:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
Last year was refusal to MUN tho i know the fault was from my side due to my low cgpa.
Applied to George Brown College, the same story as below picture is my refusal letter. Got the regret mail yesterday. Am so sad. I dont know what to do again as my Canada uncle is already loosing hope on my Canadian dream and seeing me unserious.

My qualifications are
B.eng Civil Engineering
Cgpa = 2.70
Work experience = 4years

Please any advice.
Even my express entry crs score which am thinking i should option for is just 410. After all the calculations in thinking if i can boost it, it ends 438.

Please advice please..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hello all, is there anybody who booked medical for tomorrow and won’t be needing it ASAP, pls can we switch?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by crackcrack: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
holart92:
I got this mail few days ago from CIC,

I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

In the current application package, you submitted a bank statement purportedly issued by Zenith Bank that has been determined to be fraudulent

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Please experts in the house, advice me on what to do. Im confused seeing this email..... My fear now is hope JAILING is not applicable Sha

I am not an expert, but let me ask you the obvious question: Did you use a fraudulent bank statement? If you didn't, you have nothing to be scared of. Just respond to the email and try to get Zenith bank to send your statement directly to the embassy. You can ask the bank to send the statement to the email that the embassy provided. Also ask the bank to CC you in the email. If you do this, all should be fine.

If you did submit a fraudulent statement, you will be banned for five years. You won't be put in jail, but you might have difficulty in entering Canada or any other first world country in the future.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
mzjokky16:
Hello all, is there anybody who booked medical for tomorrow and won’t be needing it ASAP, pls can we switch?
Just go to the clinic as early as possible then plead with them if the can attend to you. Better to try than be waiting for who to exchange his/her slot with you.
I want to believe CIC asked you to go for medical, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
holart92:

I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

In the current application package, you submitted a bank statement purportedly issued by Zenith Bank that has been determined to be fraudulent

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act

40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you fifteen (15) days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. Please use the address noted on this letter for all correspondence, and clearly indicate your file number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be assessed based on the information available, which will likely result in a refusal.

Please experts in the house, advice me on what to do. Im confused seeing this email..... My fear now is hope JAILING is not applicable Sha
Is the statement of account fake or cooked? If yes, then don't bother replying CIC(just wait and face the ban). If truly you use fake SOA then that's very wrong as things like this makes it even harder for genuine people to get their TRV

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
mzjokky16:

Nne, beg the security men...explain the situation to tell. Worse scenario is that you will stand outside for some time. But if you can beg well, they will let you in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
top4b:
Hello All the Gurus in the house, I saw this somewhere and pls I want your response to it:

Don't Apply For Study Visa To Canada If Its Not Your Intention. Here's Why

Two years ago, two different people wanted to study in
Canada for their masters program

But between you and i...

They wanted to use that process to integrate
with the country and get permanent residence
once they are done.

Now here is what happened. 

One got it... 

The other one got denied. 

Now the issue was not because the other
one was not qualified. 

In short... The guy that got denied was much more
financially capable than the other guy running into
several tens of million in the bank account. 

Now why is that 

This is what happened. 

The reason why the first guy that got his visa
granted two years ago was his age... 

He's in his early 20s... 

22 years of age with a First Class Degree

The second guy is a 34 Years old with a Second Upper
degree that has graduated over 10 years ago here in Nigeria

You see.

Its one thing for you to get admission to study in
any Canadian university. 

Its another thing for you to get the visa from
the canadian government at the embassy 

It may surprise you to know that The School and Embassy don't have anything tied together! In other words they both don't have any control over each other and they do their work separately.

Look, Canada knows that people are looking for alternative
ways to come live and work in their country and they
are saying this to everyone. 

We want you to come to canada and live happy,
But you just have to go through the right
channel of how its done.

And one of the channel that the Canadians don't accept is if you
are saying you are coming to Canada to do your masters after
you have left school a long time ago and now above 30...

They will deny you. 

Take it from me.

Chances of you getting this is simply 1 in 100. 

The only people getting visa to study their master are those that
recently came out of school with clear distinctions and
want to simply further their education.

Now i know that those people applying for study permit are
doing so because they want to use that to also get residence

Here is my advice. 

Go through other process of relocating to Canada legally.

They are not stopping anytime soon 

Go through the process of either going through the
Federal Skill Program or the Provincial Nomination program. Work Permits and Visit Visas. Direct Employment Packages are also there.

It will work out. 

All you have to do is to plan it.

Even if you have been told that you cant go
with your current criteria...

Look through other means even if it will cost you more money... If you are serious
Plan for it.

Thanks got this.. but is 30yrs on the dot okay?
Graduated 5years ago. What do u think of this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
The first thing yo do is to be honest with your self and tell the truth whether you submitted a fake bank statement or not. If you didn't, go to your bank and ask for and updates bank statement, send them a mail and explain you didn't submit a fraudulent financial document. My 50 cent.
holart92:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
101 times that CIC send this to anyone,they would have made their findings about the fraudulent documents submitted and things like this is why other genuine applicants have been here 7/8/9/10 months no approval and processing time for Nigerians increasing per second and that of Indians reducing. Na wah sha!

holart92:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Abekebabe: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
guzenaira:

You can either get a Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp) or visit visa. Your child will get TRV as well.

Yes you can apply for PR with job although there is a classification of job you can apply with most especially your level at work really matter. Let me say from Supervisor Role upward.
please my big sis just admission in canada , please can her little kid of 14 follow her immediately when leaving for Canada . urgent advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vinz0499(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good evening house, I need advice concerning my visa application, I applied and got admission to Fanshawe for a certificate course , the fee is 4.8 M approx for one year and I have 4 million in my account, should I pay the full school fees before applying for Visa or should I do part payyment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2019
abusmanlouis:

No, but he promised to give me 3m when the Visa is out.. He is the one pushing me to try Canada oo

Pls check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nellykuch:
101 times that CIC send this to anyone,they would have made their findings about the fraudulent documents submitted and things like this is why other genuine applicants have been here 7/8/9/10 months no approval and processing time for Nigerians increasing per second and that of Indians reducing. Na wah sha!

Oga calm down... did u know that this time last year, processing time was 23weeks plus...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
vinz0499:
Good evening house, I need advice concerning my visa application, I applied and got admission to Fanshawe for a certificate course , the fee is 4.8 M approx for one year and I have 4 million in my account, should I pay the full school fees before applying for Visa or should I do part payyment?

Find a sponsor if u either pay full or half
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abusmanlouis: 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Aaron321:

Pls check your mail
I have responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
holart92:

Did you forge your bank statement? undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
Aaron321:

Oga calm down... did u know that this time last year, processing time was 23weeks plus...

He's actually right. You're clearly supporting fraud

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
waynee2baba:

He's actually right. You're clearly supporting fraud

Hmmm.. I dont understand where you got this ridiculous conclusion. all I pointed out is him saying cos of fraud, processing time increases..Biko it's caused by too many applications at a period of time...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
abusmanlouis:

I have responded

Likewise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by crackcrack: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
Aaron321:

Hmmm.. I dont understand where you got this ridiculous conclusion. all I pointed out is him saying cos of fraud, processing time increases..Biko it's caused by too many applications at a period of time...

Actually, frequent acts of fraud lead to increased processing times because they have to scrutinize every document submitted by other Nigerians to ensure they are legit.

Whenever you do something wrong, the repercussions don't necessarily stop with you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 5454Darese: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2019
The increase in processing time is usually due to excessive verification of documents due to ‘fraud’
If they were not carrying out too much verification on Nigeria applications even if they have millions of applications they could still process them swiftly. Hence we can conclude it’s due to fraudulent documents detected in the past by ircc. Too many applications is another factor but not the major.

Aaron321:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
I’m calling the whole calvary on this, I’ll be Submitting my application next week, what do you guys think about my app?, make una epp your boy o, your comments are welcome from any angle!

Program - Meng, Electrical and Computer Eng
UG- Electronic and Computer (2017)

First year tuition- 25k CAD
10k CAD living expenses paid into my acct by sponsor
4k tuition deposit made to school
Sponsor (Tuition and LE)
Inflow -50m
Outflow- 40m
Balance- 10 m

Commitment of Sponsor is 8m yearly

Co - Sponsor ( Flight and logistics ) -
Inflow - 5.9m
Outflow - 5.7m
Balance- 200k
2nd Acct
Inflow- 2.5m
Outflow-2m
Balance -700k

Applicants Documents

IMM FORM 1294
IMM FORM 5483
IMM FORM 5645
Document checklist
Transcript
Certificate
O'level result
IELTS result
Admission letter
CV
Police clearance
SOP
Birth Certificate
2 Passport Photograph
CCNA/MTCNA Certificate
Payslip
Letter of Introduction from place of work

Supporting documents

Receipt of $4000 CAD -paid by Sponsor
Employment Letter / Pay Slip / ID card
Receipt showing transfer of 10K CAD

Sponsor’s documents

Tax Clearance
Letter of Introduction of Sponsor
Birth certificate of Sponsor
Pay Slip
Affidavit of Sponsorship
Data page of Passport
6 months SOA

Co - Sponsor documents

Tax Clearance
Birth certificate of co- Sponsor
Pay Slip
Data page of Passport
6 months SOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
This issue of fake statements.
That 5 years isn't even enough,in my opinion.
They should prosecute and jail such offenders, they simply cause problems for other jnnocent applicants.
Nigerians need to stop all this criminality.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
5yrs ban is on paper. Its a life ban. Even after the 5yrs, they won't issue you a visa. I attended MUN fair in Abuja last Saturday where CIC officials were part of the delegation. I personally asked him the chances of someone securing a visa after a ban. And he said and I quote: "Tell your friend to forget Canada for life, he will never get an approval because his name has been blacklisted. We have his name and biometrics. He can never enter Canada".
raymege:
They should prosecute and jail such offenders, they simply cause problems for other jnnocent applicants.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
Everybody mustn't go to Canada, most Scandinavian countries offer loads of Scholarships for Int. Students.

Eastern European Universities have cheap tuition, you can go there study first and later on apply to Canada when your condition improves.

It's very unfair to limit other people's chances unnecessarily via their fraudulent acts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by campu: 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
olalemii:

I’m calling the whole calvary on this, I’ll be Submitting my application next week, what do you guys think about my app?, make una epp your boy o, your comments are welcome from any angle!

Program - Meng, Electrical and Computer Eng
UG- Electronic and Computer (2017)

First year tuition- 25k CAD
10k CAD living expenses paid into my acct by sponsor
4k tuition deposit made to school
Sponsor (Tuition and LE)
Inflow -50m
Outflow- 40m
Balance- 10 m

Commitment of Sponsor is 8m yearly

Co - Sponsor ( Flight and logistics ) -
Inflow - 5.9m
Outflow - 5.7m
Balance- 200k
2nd Acct
Inflow- 2.5m
Outflow-2m
Balance -700k

Applicants Documents

IMM FORM 1294
IMM FORM 5483
IMM FORM 5645
Document checklist
Transcript
Certificate
O'level result
IELTS result
Admission letter
CV
Police clearance
SOP
Birth Certificate
2 Passport Photograph
CCNA/MTCNA Certificate
Payslip
Letter of Introduction from place of work

Supporting documents

Receipt of $4000 CAD -paid by Sponsor
Employment Letter / Pay Slip / ID card
Receipt showing transfer of 10K CAD

Sponsor’s documents

Tax Clearance
Birth certificate of Sponsor
Pay Slip
Affidavit of Sponsorship
Data page of Passport
6 months SOA

Co - Sponsor documents

Tax Clearance
Birth certificate of co- Sponsor
Pay Slip
Data page of Passport
6 months SOA

please is the imm 5645 same as imm 5707? Cos I cant find the imm 5645 to download
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
campu:
please is the imm 5645 same as imm 5707? Cos I cant find the imm 5645 to download

They are basically the same, I think one is more detailed than the other but can’t really tell which...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bamremix: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
mcobex:
Is your uncle willing to sponsor you or just want to stand as sponsor during the application and when the visa comes out you will do everything yourself? Because if that's the case then your 2.5mill won't be enough to do anything (it doesn't even cover your living expenses for a year, let alone your tuition).

Considering the duration from which I 've graduated, what are my chances of securing admission in a Canadian university? Also advice me on which school and which program I can apply for base on my past qualification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
raymege:
Everybody mustn't go to Canada, most Scandinavian countries offer loads of Scholarships for Int. Students.

Eastern European Universities have cheap tuition, you can go there study first and later on apply to Canada when your condition improves.

It's very unfair to limit other people's chances unnecessarily.

retracted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NothingDoMe: 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
raymege:
Agreed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
100 years on the dot is even fine.
There are no age restrictions.
hotboss:

Thanks got this.. but is 30yrs on the dot okay?
Graduated 5years ago. What do u think of this

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.