Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022314 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:54am On Aug 29, 2019
Vesment:
Please how long does it take to get passport back from stamping? The school am resuming in is trying to know if I can be given more time

London welcomes you. Your friend spoke to me about you yesterday night.

Passport return has been unpredictable. It could take anytime from 5 - 15 days and even longer in some cases. I remember last year, mine took 5 weeks.

School resumes next week. Send a copy of your passport request mail to Fanshawe and plead with them to give you 2-3 weeks extension.

Although they will likely suggest you defer if by next week you still do not have your stamped passport, but just plead with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:56am On Aug 29, 2019
niskill:

I believe this is for fanshawe college.
the agent charged me extra 50k too.

As per bolded, was this after you paid the 100Cad for your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dhinmmar(f): 6:28am On Aug 29, 2019
dangervu:
date of application
june 23
biometrics june 25
refusal august 28th

documents submitted
admission letter
bank statment self sponsored 5million
company registration by me
tax clearance
Copy of C of O Property own by me
marriage certificate
data page
And gent helped me, before i came across the forum ,preparing to reapply again
i need help of guru's in the house
No SOP
No transcript or other educational cert
Etc, just go through the thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 6:33am On Aug 29, 2019
Harpaa:

Hi bro, am a fanshawe student, please I will like to get some findings from you regards my visa processing. Did u paid the whole 8k for first term or 2300 the deposit. Awaiting ur response
I paid 1st semester all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 6:35am On Aug 29, 2019
Okay thank you, I am communicating with the lady and she is asking me if 7 days is enough, we are still fighting and battling

Naijaforeigner:

London welcomes you. Your friend spoke to me about you yesterday night.

Passport return has been unpredictable. It could take anytime from 5 - 15 days and even longer in some cases. I remember last year, mine took 5 weeks.

School resumes next week. Send a copy of your passport request mail to Fanshawe and plead with them to give you 2-3 weeks extension.

Although they will likely suggest you defer if by next week you still do not have your stamped passport, but just plead with them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NothingDoMe: 6:43am On Aug 29, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Sentencing someone to JAIL just because the person submitted a fraudulent bank statement shouldn't be the best move here. I think the 5 years ban is okay to make offenders realize their mistakes and to deter future intenders from following this path. It's quite unfortunate that the culprits have made things so so difficult which attributed to the high refusal rate for the genuine Nigerian applicants.... The worst aspect of it all, is that they know the consequences behind involving themselves into sharp practices(fraudulent statement) but they still go ahead and do same
Obviously the 5 year ban is not working. Even with lifetime ban our people nor still dey fear. The Nigerian government can take this up if they are ready to be honest. Throw some of them in jail and make it public. There will be drastic decline in fraud.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jeanjohnny(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I've been a silent reader for a while now. Meanwhile, I'm on the verge of completing my documents collection before making applications first week of September against January.
I already have my letter of Acceptance for PDD: Data Analytics at Langara college. I studied Mathematics in Uni and have been working as a Further Mathematics teacher in my Dad's school since 2016.

Documents I will be submitting with my IMM Forms
Passport photo
International Passport
Birth cert
Letter of acceptance
CV
SOP
WAEC result
IELTS
NYSC cert.
Degree Cert.
Transcript
Tuition fee reciept paid 1 semester
Employment letter
Letter of Introduction from employer
Police report
Employment letter, Work ID
Family photo
My personal statement of account (Less than 50k) grin
Payslips for Last 5 months
List of school staffs (my name and role indicated there)

Sponsors docs(father)
Personal bank statements (20m - 25m) closing balance
CAC doc, tax clearance certificate
Landed property documents (C/O and Land Survey)
School's Government approval letter, WAEC and NECO approval letters.
Affidavit/Letter of Sponsorship (In view)
ID card
Birth certificate, Marriage certificate
He doesn't have an International passport. I decided to use his Voter's card.

Moreover, I still have few questions.
I'm thinking of using my brother as a co - sponsor. Stating his responsibility to pay for my Health insurance for two years and Living expenses for the 2nd year. Is the idea of introducing him is okay?. He's yet to have a tax clearance from his work place as he started working mid 2018.

As I didn't include my Dad's school acct for several reasons. I hope it won't raise a red flag. Meanwhile, he doesn't have an International passport. The Man's proud of his root. Using voter's card okay?

Letter of sponsorship is still in view. Pls, advice me on how he'll add his dependents. We are seven, three are married... Elder Brother is working and lives far from home. Except I and my two younger ones.
And please, is it necessary to add all my siblings birth certificates including married ones?. And if so... I saw a page where Just mellow said incase one has more siblings than the column provided for siblings info. I'll have to print another one. Any need filling the same info in the new page with my other siblings info?

Please, any experienced guru here willing to read my SOP?. I feel It's not comprehensive enough. I'll be pleased to hear any advice to add vital or remove unnecessary info. I know you guys have been so busy. Just to avoid any story that touch. Reasons why I'm asking. Edaakun/Biko/Don Allah.
@Qudkom, thanks for the advice you gave earlier. It was really helpful.
I'm sorry for asking a lot of questions.

Cc: Just mellow, Frankrobbn, mcobex, bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dangervu(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2019
Dhinmmar:

No SOP
No transcript or other educational cert
Etc, just go through the thread

most of my entry was done by an agent before i came across the site,
he probably would have written my sop,i got more enlighten after i came across this forum
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 7:41am On Aug 29, 2019
How much is the KLM
lynniebabes:
Yes you will be needing a transit visa. If not they won’t let you board at the airport. Use KLM let’s travel together na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mickyade: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2019
Goodday Guru, please my wife applied for canada study and was refused in june, we fill in another online application in July 26th and uptil now no response. The school will resume on the 3rd of Sept. Can we put a mail across to the embassy . Pls advice. If yes, kindly send the email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Flashing: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2019
Mickyade:
Goodday Guru, please my wife applied for canada study and was refused in june, we fill in another online application in July 26th and uptil now no response. The school will resume on the 3rd of Sept. Can we put a mail across to the embassy . Pls advice. If yes, kindly send the email address
Processing time is currently 9weeks and ur wife application is 4 weeks. Putting mail across to them wont change anything. I would advise you to start looking how to defer her admission for winter intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2019
Mickyade:

You applied really late. Please defer to the next intake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Factually: 8:28am On Aug 29, 2019
Hi guys, does anyone know a collage or Uni currently admitting for January 2020?

Most I’ve seen are closed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

In case the sponsor is NOT your biological parents or sibling. Adequate proof of relationship including family tree must suffice. Lastly, invest your time and effort in writing a good study plan/SOP that would demonstrate that you're a genuine student with lawful purpose which is to study and depart Canada at the end of your authorized VISA.

All the best

@Frankrobbn1

I sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2019
I have decided to take my time to correct the rife practices of my fellow countrymen, regarding the common mistakes they make in their statement of purpose: I have reviewed much numbers of SOP and I could discern what is ubiquitous, therefore the necessity I have laid on myself for this selfless address. Aside the tips I have benevolently stated on this forum, I see the need to be of adequate assistance to as much as possible numbers of persons who will appreciate this kindness, by adhering to these corrections.
So, I will list out these ‘common mistakes’, then point out the bloopers:

UNNCESSARY PIECE OF INFORMATION: Although this is not only practiced among Nigerians (I have sighted this fault in other nationality citizens as well.); we tend to state things that are completely irrelevant to our application. A Nairalander once sent me his SOP, before he did; he was bravado of his piece, saying he only needed me to see how good he was. To cut the long story short, he sent me his SOP, and I was flabbergasted to see “I own an apple laptop valued $1,000, two iphones that worth $500 each, making $2,000. U of R is a good school, as they will help me look for Job when I graduate with first class. Canada is a good place where you earn a good standard of living, unlike Nigeria, where people live in poverty”. I stared for ten seconds, especially after considering how he had boasted of his SOP. “My people”, learn to stay on point, stop stating things that have nothing to do with your studies!

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE LENGTH BUT THE VALUE OF INFORMATION: This is mostly applicable to Nairalanders (the guy I used as an example above made use of 3 pages), you will hear something like “I wrote a superb SOP of 4 pages, three thousand words”, and when you read through their SOP; all you will see are piece of information that will shoot them in the leg: it is the value of details that matters, and not the lengthiness of a written/typed piece.

WRONG USAGE OF GRAMMERS: it could be funny sometimes while reading some SOP; many applicants turn to overnight Grammarians; then starts filling up their SOP with words that is completely inapplicable in a writing context; wrong usage of words, bad grammatical structure, counterfactual spellings, etc. They completely forget they could be communicating with a native speaker who might be familiar with these words and get irritated: Use the words you are familiar with, grammars are not mandatory, effective communication is.

I took 30 minutes of my precious time to write this short piece, and I hope it assist someone to attain his/her goal.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2019
Mickyade:

check this post.

WEB FORM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dhinmmar(f): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2019
dangervu:

most of my entry was done by an agent before i came across the site,
he probably would have written my sop,i got more enlighten after i came across this forum
No problem
Google motivational letter for Study or how to write a good SOP examples. Then check the course you applied for, the school and know more about it.
If you still want to use an agent, then make sure he/she shows you a copy of everything they want to submit. Write LOE too.
HTH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheInvestor: 8:58am On Aug 29, 2019
I just tried ordering my gcms note from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

However I got stuck at the section shown in the attached.

I will appreciate guidance on how to move forward

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rampssss1: 9:05am On Aug 29, 2019
Hii, please were you able to get your letter of introduction and how long did it take after the mail you sent.
SmallerB:
How much is the KLM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2019
TheInvestor:
I just tried ordering my gcms note from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

However I got stuck at the section shown in the attached.

I will appreciate guidance on how to move forward

Check out for trusted third party websites on the internet and order your GCMS note. The link you just shared would require someone that is physically present in Canada to order the note on your behalf.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2019
SOPWriter:
I have decided to take my time to correct the rife practices of my fellow countrymen, regarding the common mistakes they make in their statement of purpose: I have reviewed much numbers of SOP and I could discern what is ubiquitous, therefore the necessity I have laid on myself for this selfless address. Aside the tips I have benevolently stated on this forum, I see the need to be of adequate assistance to as much as possible numbers of persons who will appreciate this kindness, by adhering to these corrections.
So, I will list out these ‘common mistakes’, then point out the bloopers:

UNNCESSARY PIECE OF INFORMATION: Although this is not only practiced among Nigerians (I have sighted this fault in other nationality citizens as well.); we tend to state things that are completely irrelevant to our application. A Nairalander once sent me his SOP, before he did; he was bravado of his piece, saying he only needed me to see how good he was. To cut the long story short, he sent me his SOP, and I was flabbergasted to see “I own an apple laptop valued $1,000, two iphones that worth $500 each, making $2,000. U of R is a good school, as they will help me look for Job when I graduate with first class. Canada is a good place where you earn a good standard of living, unlike Nigeria, where people live in poverty”. I stared for ten seconds, especially after considering how he had boasted of his SOP. “My people”, learn to stay on point, stop stating things that have nothing to do with your studies!

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE LENGTH BUT THE VALUE OF INFORMATION: This is mostly applicable to Nairalanders (the guy I used as an example above made use of 3 pages), you will hear something like “I wrote a superb SOP of 4 pages, three thousand words”, and when you read through their SOP; all you will see are piece of information that will shoot them in the leg: it is the value of details that matters, and not the lengthiness of a written/typed piece.

WRONG USAGE OF GRAMMERS: it could be funny sometimes while reading some SOP; many applicants turn to overnight Grammarians; then starts filling up their SOP with words that is completely inapplicable in a writing context; wrong usage of words, bad grammatical structure, counterfactual spellings, etc. They completely forget they could be communicating with a native speaker who might be familiar with these words and get irritated: Use the words you are familiar with, grammars are not mandatory, effective communication is.

I took 30 minutes of my precious time to write this short piece, and I hope it assist someone to attain his/her goal.

I sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2019
If u have not applied, then its very possible to still apply for January Intake, but u should apply before the end of September.. And if u have already applied, then wait for the mebassy to ask for the updated LOA or u can as well send it to them through webform.. But I iwll advise u wait for them.. Peace
nonipeter:
Frank please If you Tell school to defer your admission to another intake that you cannot meet up can you still apply for student permit with Jan acceptance letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomotunde: 9:35am On Aug 29, 2019
I applied July 22, did upfront medical.
Bvl came August 22, refusal came today August 29 based on. I need help ooo admission for undergraduate pol science.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2019
olalemii:

I sent you a pm
I didn't receive it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bayosegun(m): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2019
FIRST APPLICATION

I have picked up the passport in Lagos center. No reason stated on the small slip and passport not stamped. Pls what next can I do?

The documents submitted are:
MSc. Theology
-All CIC documents
-Degree result-b.eng petroleum
-transcript
-ssce
-birth/cert. For myself, wife and daughter
-marriage certificate/marriage credentials
-family pic
-wife consent letter
-theology certificates
- undergraduate scholarship award
- some certificate also
-wife credentials: she's a Young doctor
-appointment letter, leave approval, work confirmation letter, work ID card etc
-

-sop
Here the sop write up
: STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR MASTERS IN THEOLOGY

HAVE REMOVE THE SOP AS YOU SAID

Financial statement:
Sponsor in Canada he family friend and also work at world court who's an immigration lawyer and a senior Canadian citizen
Account balance is 40M and inflow and outlet of about 100M.
Cosponsor: 9.8M closing balance.

PLS ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE AND GURUS IN THE HOUSE, HELP ME O. WAS NOT IN THR GROUP before I submitted MY APPLICATION THEN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Seunnzy(m): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2019
Please I need advice..I plan on going to study in Canada after my nysc.. please what do I need in terms of money and documents..
i consider Canada cos I have a relative there tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:54am On Aug 29, 2019
Please pull down ur SOP, u don't need to put it on a public forum, u can contact any of the gurus to help you furnish ur SOP cos with what I just saw, even if am a VO, I wont even read it finish before giving ma decision.. Since u said u had submitted before joining this thread, I will advise you read through the previous parts and also from the beginning of this part to get adequate that will really benefit you for ur re-application and also as usual order for ur GCMS note to know the actual reasons u were refused.. So contact any of the gurus and let them work with u on ur SOP.. If you are not in a hurry to submit, then I can help you probably much much later cos I have alot am occupied with.. Wish u the best in ur next application.. Peace
bayosegun:
FIRST APPLICATION

I have picked up the passport in Lagos center. No reason stated on the small slip and passport not stamped. Pls what next can I do?

MSc. Theology
-All CIC documents
-transcript
-ssce
-family pic
-wife consent letter
-theology certificates
- some certificate also
-

-sop
Here the sop write up
Dear sir/madam

I am a Christian and I come from a Christiana home. My wife is a pastor and a medical doctor. I am engineer by profession currently working as a field engineer at ********* engineering solution, but I have a natural call to be a pastor or servant of God and humanity. I have been Identified by many local and international pastors, to teach the gospel of God. Even though I excelled in my Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering, but my desire to serve God is always greater than anything else. My intensions to pursue my MA Degree in bible studies in Canada are hereby outlined below:

Canada has been rated as one of the best country to live on earth by United Nation with perfect democracy.

Canada does not have enemies with other countries and the education acquired in that country, especially religious education has been rated as one of the best or be considered to be summum bonum.

The teachers in the Tabernacle bible college are excellent and their ethical teaching is unbeatable.

The atmosphere within the college is absolutely congenial and the education acquired from the institution is excellent.

I would want to use my religious education acquired from Canada to maintain absolute peace between the Muslims and the Christians and any conflicting parties in Nigeria.

I will be very delighted if I am considered for this great opportunity because it will be dream come true.
Thank you very much for your considerations as I look forward to hearing from you soon

Sincerely

Financial statement:
Sponsor in Canada he family friend and also work at world court who's an immigration lawyer and a senior Canadian citizen

PLS ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE AND GURUS IN THE HOUSE, HELP ME O. WAS NOT IN THR GROUP before I submitted MY APPLICATION THEN.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Flashing: 9:55am On Aug 29, 2019
bayosegun:
FIRST APPLICATION

MSc. Theology
-All CIC documents
-transcript
-ssce
-family pic
-wife consent letter
-theology certificates
- some certificate also
-

-sop
Here the sop write up
Dear sir/madam

I am a Christian and I come from a Christiana home. My wife is a pastor and a medical doctor. I am engineer by profession currently working as a field engineer at ********* engineering solution, but I have a natural call to be a pastor or servant of God and humanity. I have been Identified by many local and international pastors, to teach the gospel of God. Even though I excelled in my Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering, but my desire to serve God is always greater than anything else. My intensions to pursue my MA Degree in bible studies in Canada are hereby outlined below:

Canada has been rated as one of the best country to live on earth by United Nation with perfect democracy.

Canada does not have enemies with other countries and the education acquired in that country, especially religious education has been rated as one of the best or be considered to be summum bonum.

The teachers in the Tabernacle bible college are excellent and their ethical teaching is unbeatable.

The atmosphere within the college is absolutely congenial and the education acquired from the institution is excellent.

I would want to use my religious education acquired from Canada to maintain absolute peace between the Muslims and the Christians and any conflicting parties in Nigeria.

I will be very delighted if I am considered for this great opportunity because it will be dream come true.
Thank you very much for your considerations as I look forward to hearing from you soon

Sincerely

Financial statement:

Hmmm very tricky ooo. From petroleum engineer to pastor studies all of a sudden. Wetin i know sef, let the elders comment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2019
bayosegun:
FIRST APPLICATION

MSc. Theology
-All CIC documents
-transcript
-ssce
-family pic
-wife consent letter
-theology certificates
- some certificate also
-

-sop
Here the sop write up
Dear sir/madam

Sincerely

Financial statement:

I don’t understand. You're an engineer by profession and have and you are working in an engineering firm but you have a natural calling to be a pastor? I’m sorry I laughed...you have a lot of work to do. Check part 15 on tips for writing SOP for visa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2019
campu:
Please guys is the imm 5645e form same with imm 5707e form cos I can only find the Imm 5707 form on the cic website

No worries, both are same family form.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 10:01am On Aug 29, 2019
SOPWriter:

I didn't receive it.
Kindly check again bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 10:01am On Aug 29, 2019
If this is the reason for going to study in Canada, I am sorry to annouce to you that the way u will be refused, u sef u will so hate ursef.. I can see u are a newbie and a big novice.. So I will advise you go back to previous parts(from Part 14 to this present part) read, eat and digest the information in those parts, also do ur own personal research by making google ur best friend. This is a DIY forum, so u have to really work on ursef. And after reading, if u have any questions to ask, then the gurus are available to put u through.. U wanna go to Canada cos u have a relative there, cheesy cheesy very funny.. Peace
Seunnzy:
Please I need advice..I plan on going to study in Canada after my nysc.. please what do I need in terms of money and documents..
i consider Canada cos I have a relative there tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.