Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019343 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
JennyKadry2:
Months back I posted about my niece who got her visa in January a month after application. I am her sponsor.

Landing gist

Booking her a flight was hectic. The only airlines I saw that did not require a transit visa was Egypt and Ethopian. I tried Emirates but no way so I opted for Egypt. Her flight left Lagos at around 2 with a layover of just below 5 hours in Cairo. She got to Toronto in the morning.

VO; What's your name
Niece: xyz
VO: Why are you in Canada?
Niece:to study
VO: Have you paid fees
Niece: No
VO: why
Niece: due by first day of class
VO: but you should still have paid
Niece: but I have until the 1st day of class so I can still pay anytime
VO: Hmmm you are bold
Niece: thanks
VO: bank statement please
Niece: *hands him bank statement*
VO: how are you related to your sponsor
Niece: she's my aunt
VO: okay. Welcome to Canada here is your study permit

I hope this helps. I am so proud of my niece. I was supppsed to meet her in Nigeria and fly to Toronto with her but I couldn't ad planned so I prepped her over the phone.

I hope this helps someone

This is rare, asking for a BS. This guys ehn! I am glad she made it through. Well done and congrats to her.

All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
abelorode:

If the change of program is within same school, I think it is possible and you don't have to notify immigration authorities. Else, changing to a different DLI means you have to notify CIC. My opinion!

There still won't be need, just only updating the school's DLI number in the gckey online account.

Bless up!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nellykuch:
A school that does not have a DLI simply means you are not eligible for POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT upon graduation,that is of you are given the visa.bless up

Hello Nellykuch,

If the school doesn't have a DLI number, that means the school isn't an approved institution for int'l students and likely won't be able to secure a student visa let alone PGWP. Its always advisable for prospective applicants to check IRCC website for list of approved DLI with duly assigned institution number.

Bless up!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
I have. The mail is in response to the webform i sent to lagos
JustMellow:

Did you also mail Lagos? If no, do. Lagos is sometimes faster in this kind of scenario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
You need not to display that condescending attitude first before making your comment, thanks .
Austacus:

LOL grin grin with so much confidence.

A DLI is a school authorized by a province or a territory to offer education to international students in both primary and secondary schools in Canada . If you want to come to Canada as an international student, before you apply to a program of study first ensure that the school is on the list of Designated Learning Institutions. Whilst The PGWP program allows international students who have completed a qualifying program at an APPROVED post-secondary institution to obtain an open work permit. ... The PGWP program is an essential step for foreign students to gain the high-skilled Canadian work experience they need to apply for permanent residence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
waynee2baba:
I'm getting lowballed so harddd. angry Been almost 6 weeks since I applied from the UK! London o! Normally them suppose even skip my background check based on 1 or 2 but Eligibility review hasn't even started. IRCC, If I no see update as we dey enter this new week, I'm gonna lose it !

In Your case, background checks and eligibility review are running simultaneously (even if you get the ER update later), I am pretty sure of that.
If you resume 1 or 2 weeks late, it's ain't bad.
Just be prepared!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GMs: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Guys, I'm set to submit end of this month ( August ), should I proceed as school resumes January 6th, I hope it's not late to submit my application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
It's not, please proceed grin, which school are you going to?
GMs:
Guys, I'm set to submit end of this month ( August ), should I proceed as school resumes January 6th, I hope it's not late to submit my application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wizzy1989: 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
My online study permits eligblity review and background check have started over 9 weeks but no update yet is it a good signs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GMs: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
Fanshawe

holllowu:
It's not, please proceed grin, which school are you going to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
Thank you. I have ordered for gcms.i will differ to January so I can reapply
JustMellow:

Hello Urielbam,

If this are the only documents submitted, especially with a third party sponsor, then in your next application you must work in areas of home ties, level of establishment, and your source of funds (finance). Thus, you should also include your personal SOA and married certificate in your next app. Then work of your SOP/LOE as it may also failed to address certain areas of your application convincingly.

First thing first, whether or not it would contain a generic detail explanation, request for your gcms notes.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
Thank you
Blema111:

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part. How to secure an MSC supervisor. Read through the thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
SOPWriter:
Please continue your excellent work sir, your presence has done more good.

Nellykuch:
Ochiedike,no mind em. Who no knw no go no. I duff my cap anytime any day for thee.

Thanks @SOPWriter and @Nellykuch for the wonderful compliments about me. I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
Wizzy1989:
My online study permits eligblity review and background check have started over 9 weeks but no update yet is it a good signs

I would advise you send a CSE to the immigration requesting for an update/medical on your application and humbly request if they need further information from you that would be beneficial to the expeditious processing of your VISA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
GMs:

The right time to apply for VISA against winter term is NOW. Waste no time and grab the opportunity of receiving a PPR in time and make plans for your trip.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GMs: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
Thank you Mr Frank! GOD bless you for all you're doing for us ! Should I need any information I'll pm you sir. Thanks

Frankrobbn1:

The right time to apply for VISA against winter term is NOW. Waste no time and grab the opportunity of receiving a PPR in time and make plans for your trip.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oga Frank I cut cap for you anytime anyday. Kudos to you for the selfless job you are doing here.
I pray soonest you rejoice with me.

Thanks a lot

Frankrobbn1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
GMs:
Thank you Mr Frank! GOD bless you for all you're doing for us ! Should I need any information I'll pm you sir. Thanks

Amen! I'm very grateful for the prayers. I'm thy humble servant to command, so you're free to contact me anytime. I'll be glad to help out in my little way. God bless us all.

It shall end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
DBlessedofGod:
Oga Frank I cut cap for you anytime anyday. Kudos to you for the selfless job you are doing here.
I pray soonest you rejoice with me.

Thanks a lot

Definitely boss! You will share your success story here in short time to come. Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
GMs:
No, it's not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
God bless you Frank. May your heart desires be met.

Frankrobbn1:

Amen! I'm very grateful for the prayers. I'm thy humble servant to command, so you're free to contact me anytime. I'll be glad to help out in my little way. God bless us all.

It shall end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
Thinker007:
A friend of mine suggested that I send my transcript and certificate to WES(world education system) for assessment before applying to any university or institution for postgraduate program. Please I need clarification on this. Also, should I attach transcript and certificate while emailing the postgraduate study whether I will be admitted for admission...

Not all Universities require WES. Try emailing their Graduate department, like I told you. Inquire from them. I know for sure University of Regina requires WES.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by teevyne01: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Any Regina folks here? Pls signify. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
mzjokky16:

I pray I’ll come oooo,
I’m coming to Newfoundland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
Thank u sir...was actually just doing a research ni smiley
JustMellow:

Why would you want to do that? I guess maybe you only have intentions of studying and not wanting to stay in Canada, and as such you don't have interest in PGWP.

To answer your question: yes, you switch easily, and what happens to the other 1 yrs would be to apply for a 1yr PGWP to get a Canadian work experience or return home to help develop your country with the attained knowledge.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Sashaa,

Please cheer up. This is just an experience that will bring forth positivity to your next application.

All the best!
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gurus do i have to add an address while writing an SOP , can i also include headings which describes each paragraphs in the body of the letter?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by teevyne01: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Regina folks here. Indicate pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Lol... Over here! Winter 2020. Sup

teevyne01:
Regina folks here. Indicate pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by efosa2020: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2019
Hello bosses in the house please how can I apply for admission into a university in canada.

Please j need your prompt respomse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadastextiles: 2:15am On Aug 26, 2019
Good evening friends.
Please I need a flatmate, someone who is willing to share a flat with me by next year winter at Edmonton.
I'm presently in canada, a student of UofA.
Please kindly write me back via email if interested.

Wishing all the TRV hopefuls good news this week and this month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wizzy1989: 7:01am On Aug 26, 2019
Any Online June applicate who have not received any update from cic

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.