Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,624 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019678 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
george009:
Estimated First Term Due $9,439.95 of which I've paid for this while the Estimated Second Term Amount is $8,329.95

Its a year PGD; Starting January 2019 and Ending by August 2019;
Cool then, just explain that your dad has paid your first term fee(as requested by your school) and that of the second term is readily available in your account and you will pay when the school ask you to pay. I want to believe you have a genuine source of income? If not, then use your dad as the sole sponsor and let your dad explain in his letter of support that he had paid part of your tuition fee (show proof of payment from the school) and had transferred the other part and your living expenses into your personal bank account (though he is supposed to show proof of the transfer, but he can say he transferred it about a year ago as we all know the SOA you will print will be for at most 6 months).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2019
mzjokky16:
Approval!!!!!!!!
I felicitate with you... Glory to God!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
Chimma5:
@mcobex thanks for the reference . please specify and how can I get a fully funded scholarship and the procedures involved.
You will have to visit the university's website to get that information, but in general you will have to contact some supervisors who have same research interest as you then tell them of your interest to join their team/group (you can check the program page to see how to do that), then if they see you fit or good enough and also have enough funding for you then you will he offered.
The first step is visit all the schools' site you intend to apply to so you can get first hand info from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
mzjokky16:
Approval!!!!!!!!
congrats, at last! but this people can delay some application sha, share your profile please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
PLEASE, I WOULD WELCOME SUGGESTIONS AND ADVICE. MY GCMS NOTES JUST DROPPED. Thanks
I was initially refused based on
1. purpose of visit
2. Current employment situation
3. Family ties
@frankrobbn1 @mcobex @justmellow @sopwriter please help
Chosenone31:
My profile
IMMM forms
Academic documents
FSLC
Waec result
Transcript
Nysc certificate concluded in November 2018
Degree certificate 2017 Civil Engineering
IELTS result

Financial Documents
Sponsor - Father
Dads statement of Accounts submitted
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of introduction from sponsors office
Payslips, 6 months

Letter of introduction from workplace (Unpaid Internship) January 2019 till date.
Acceptance fee receipt 250 CAD
Police Certificate clearance
Parents Marriage Certificate
Birth certificate of parents and siblings
Professional certificates
SOP (2pages)

Concordia University Montreal. Admission letter (Civil Engineering M.Eng)
Certificate of Quebec acceptance
I am 23yrs old
APPLICATION ROUTE : Paper May 28th

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
george009:
Please can someone direct me on best approach please;

Also, samples of SOP

Thanks
You can find varieties of them through Google.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
Chosenone31:
PLEASE, I WOULD WELCOME SUGGESTIONS AND ADVICE. MY GCMS NOTES JUST DROPPED. Thanks
1. purpose of visit
3. Family ties
You have a very good profile, the vo's concern was your home-tie. How did you explain it in your first application? A well structured SOP will do justice to your case, you can use your family (parents and siblings) as your home-tie in this case, but if your parents have other investments/assets you can include them as reasons why you will go back after your studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2019
Chosenone31:
1. purpose of visit
3. Family ties
You need to work more on your SOP, I think u should specifically state what you intend to do with the proposed MEng that will fill a need in your office and upgrade you professionally as a justifiable reason to travel for studies, it will work fine if your internship is closely related to civil engineering.
what are your future plans? do you intend to open a business/company that is into civil works when you return?
The VO wants to see tangible benefits of the proposed program to you, your family and Nigeria on your return, include these points in your SOP if u did not do that before
On current employment situation, I feel the unpaid internship does not go well with the VO, perhaps a full time paid job/business may sound more convincing of your employment status
(my opinion though, other experienced peeps will shed more light)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by drills: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
I am preparing for Study permit for my ward, Admission letter gotten, fees paid, currently processing visiting visa. Are there pre-steps I can take to make my study visa application faster (I do read people talk about Medicals done before hand etc.)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2019
Greetings from Kitchener,

Fyi.

Conestoga College still have Global business management 1yrs -pgc - winter 2020 openings.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sleekysoft(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
hello Congrats .. which mun st john or grenfell

mzjokky16:
Approval!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chimma5(f): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
Thanks @mcobex I know will testify like others!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Maliza45: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
Good evening all, pls can a 3rd class apply for a master program in Canada? I had my 1st degree in physiology. I await your warm response.. thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2019
Chimma5:
Thanks @mcobex I know will testify like others!

Amen and me too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SugaRush(f): 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
Please I need assistance with the following questions:

1) Do you suggest I apply online or paper?

2) What are the fees to be paid for either online and paper? Confirm if it is only visa & biometrics which is N56,000 approximately?

3) Can I just submit Bank Statement, Sponsorship Letter and Affidavit of Sponsorship for sponsorship? Will this suffice without adding sponsorship employment documents?

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Edidiong234: 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
Good evening. Please I applied for a student visa on 26th of July and my medicals were forwarded on the 29th. I've received biometrics correspondence email on 3rd September and nothing since then. Please I need help I'm loosing my mind. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mrsamanda111: 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
�[/quote] was the medical exams passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
Thank you
bennyg24:

You need to work more on your SOP, I think u should specifically state what you intend to do with the proposed MEng that will fill a need in your office and upgrade you professionally as a justifiable reason to travel for studies, it will work fine if your internship is closely related to civil engineering.
what are your future plans? do you intend to open a business/company that is into civil works when you return?
The VO wants to see tangible benefits of the proposed program to you, your family and Nigeria on your return, include these points in your SOP if u did not do that before
On current employment situation, I feel the unpaid internship does not go well with the VO, perhaps a full time paid job/business may sound more convincing of your employment status
(my opinion though, other experienced peeps will shed more light)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
Thank you, I'm grateful
mcobex:
You have a very good profile, the vo's concern was your home-tie. How did you explain it in your first application? A well structured SOP will do justice to your case, you can use your family (parents and siblings) as your home-tie in this case, but if your parents have other investments/assets you can include them as reasons why you will go back after your studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mrsamanda111: 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
Edidiong234:
Good evening. Please I applied for a student visa on 26th of July and my medicals were forwarded on the 29th. I've received biometrics correspondence email on 3rd September and nothing since then. Please I need help I'm loosing my mind. �

Was the medicals passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 9:28pm On Sep 10, 2019
benque:
As far as I know, You don't need an international passport for admission, except your school specifically asks for it for reasons unbeknownst to us. But you should apply for it, seeing as it is crucial to your visa application in the future

Thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
Mcobex and Justmellow.... Great work you guys are doing here. More power to your elbows. Thanks for always coming through to assist others. I really appreciate your time and efforts on this window.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by prettifunke: 9:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
Good day all,
Thanks for making useful contributions to this thread. Although I have been a silent observer, I have learnt a lot from most of the post.
Please I need your help. My spouse is intending to apply for the 2020 session. He read food and science technology and wants to apply for nursing.
Please help us with an affordable nursing school and If he could be admitted for diploma or MSC

Note: He works as a biology teacher.

God bless as you help out.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2019
Edidiong234:

There is nothing to scared of. If I may ask, prior to the biometrics validity letter, did IRCC update that you passed the medical exams? If you had passed the medicals before the arrival of the BVL, your chances of securing a TRV is 50/50. Be optimistic it's gonna be positive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by obaxlove(m): 9:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
Please which other universit(ies) has low tuition fee like MUN?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
Good evening. Please, Can I just apply to one University only? Hope applying to one won't affect my Visa application.
And who is attending Carleton University please? Who knows about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
prettifunke:
Good day all,
Thanks for making useful contributions to this thread. Although I have been a silent observer, I have learnt a lot from most of the post.
Please I need your help. My spouse is intending to apply for the 2020 session. He read food and science technology and wants to apply for nursing.
Please help us with an affordable nursing school and If he could be admitted for diploma or MSC

Note: He works as a biology teacher.

God bless as you help out.
Thank you

It will be difficult to see an affordable/cheap nursing program in Canada. Anyways, you might want to check University Of Saskatchewan, Memorial University and Brandon University. These schools tuition are relatively lower when compared to other higher institutions in Canada. Also, going through your spouse Profile, I noticed that there is no logical progression between his intended program in nursing and his previous studies as well as his current job role as a teacher. I hope he will be able to put up a convincing statement of intent as to why he suddenly decided to switch into the field of Nursing without previous experience. My suggestion is that your spouse should apply for a program that is reasonable inlight with his current activity in Nigeria and stand a better chance of getting a TRV to Canada.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by funk: 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
SOPWriter:

Our best sometimes isn't enough.
Check my profile or use the Nairaland PM.

Please send me a PM. I have been to your profile but I can’t find any link that would navigate me to the pm platform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
Juliette3Ken:
Good evening. Please, Can I just apply to one University only? Hope applying to one won't affect my Visa application.
And who is attending Carleton University please? Who knows about it?

Applying to one university doesn't affect your VISA application. As a matter of fact, you only need one acceptance from a DLI to apply for a study permit. So, this is not an issue. Carleton University is a reputable and expensive university in the capital city of Canada (Ottawa). Many have secured their VISAS with this school. You can proceed with your plans, you're on the right track smiley

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Applying to one university doesn't affect your VISA application. As a matter of fact, you only need one acceptance from a DLI to apply for a study permit. So, this is not an issue. Carleton University is a reputable and expensive university in the capital city of Canada (Ottawa). Many have secured their VISAS with this school. You can proceed with your plans, you're on the right track smiley

All the best

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yk45: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2019
Congratulations.

mzjokky16:
Approval!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
obaxlove:
Please which other universit(ies) has low tuition fee like MUN?

Other cheaper institutions but higher than MUN tuition fees are namely - Simon Fraser University, University of Prince Edward Island, University of Manitoba and University of Winnipeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.