₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,333,201 members, 5,160,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 07:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (195189 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:48pm On Sep 11
george009:
Hey guys any place in Lagos/Ikeja to take this special passport photo before local man will make mistake;

I'm going to Alagbon tomorrow so if there's any close by, you can also share with me;

Thanks
just take passport with white background and you are good to go. Don't mind what they wrote there, don't be surprised if the VFS staff cut/trim your passports there when you go to submit �. Just make sure it has white background
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dhinmmar(f): 8:50pm On Sep 11
george009:
The person I pleaded with on this platform to vet mine is demanding money;

Can you help to vet mine?

Did you ask the person to review it or to write SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chosenone31: 8:55pm On Sep 11
I really appreciate @justmellow
JustMellow:

Hello Chosenone31,

There was no or proper documentation to support your claims especially that of been gainfully employed and financially/economically stable. You may have included it but the VO don't seems to see it as sufficiently enough to use as subtantiated assessment obituary application.

As a single applicant, the VO didn't see a compelling shown home ties that will motivate you to leave Canada prior to the completion of your studies. You may have included some landed properties or otherwise, but how was these ties explained or documented.

The VO doesn't think you are well established economically, and have a stable income even if you have a legit source of income. The VO sees your studies to be a risk on your finance maybe due to the source of your income or the nature of the proof of your income. This also, can come from the side of the sponsor.

The course of studies was another concerns that was poorly addressed. You failed to show how lucrative and the opportunities the course can pave - maybe in terms of career advancement, self-development, improved salary, promotion etc.

P.S: all this can be also be an effect of a poor or vague SOP.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sunshine21: 9:03pm On Sep 11
Hello Everyone , I got accepted to UoR for a masters degree programme and am preparing my application for a study permit. The Letter of Acceptance doesn't provide details of the fees to be paid and I want to confirm what figures i can input in the form. Will appreciate guidance from anyone who applied to UoR or general comments that may be helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 9:08pm On Sep 11
Lol; there's price for writing and also price for review;
Dhinmmar:

Did you ask the person to review it or to write SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 9:12pm On Sep 11
Approval Timeline: Approval at exactly 12 weeks of Application

Date Submitted: 18th June Paper application (1st Application)
Biometrics done: 18th June
Medical reading from : August 13th
Medical request: 28th August
Medicals done: 29th August at IOM lagos
Medical passed: 5th September
BVL: 5th September
VFS pickup mail: 10th September, then i checked my account and it has been approved
Approval : 10th September
Letter of Introduction : September 11th but has September 10th date

Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
International passport biodata page
Digital Passport
Admission letter MA Linguistics (Memorial University)
Funding Letter from school which fully covers tuitions
Statement of Purpose
Waec result 2009 (no English and Maths)
Neco result (2013)
NCE Music/Yoruba language Result (2013)
B.A Linguistics Degree Result (2018)
Nysc certificate (2019)
Mandarin language level 1 certificate (2019)
Nysc PPA letter
My birth certificate
6 Siblings Birth certificates
Letter of sponsorship by dad
His Bank statement (35m balance)

i used my Parent and six siblings as my home ties

above all, Prayer prayer prayer, infact i turned to spiricoco, this whole 12 weeeks almost gave me heart attack expecially when my medical started reading and even though i later received medical request after sending web forms and email, from that sep 5th that my medical was passed and bvl dropped, i coundnt sleep well at night, infact i went to buy a sleeping tablet a day before my approval and the anxiety all over me got me very sick after my approval.
i am specially grateful to AYODEJI786 my son grin, he was there for me through out this trial time, even though he was also expecting his approval and after he got his, he was keeping up with me from morning till night even in the midnight cos i coundnt sleep, Bp all over. you know i love you baby.

A special thanks to Blema111, Martinomi and to everyone here that i cant remember their handle, you guys really gave me hope.

I remember seeing tight applications here on nairaland and i started shivering, it was just Gods grace, i moved away from sins that i know off and i fasted and pray like its my last chance in life.
Frankrobbin, sopwritter, justmellow and the key personnel on this thread, may God continue to increase u in every way, I keep wondering how you never get tired of replying and helping us without getting paid, may God be merciful to you guys in every area of your life. Amen

To everyone still hopeful and waiting on God for approval, you will live to give a beautiful testimony by Gods grace. Amen

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dhinmmar(f): 9:13pm On Sep 11
george009:
Lol; there's price for writing and also price for review;
Don't know
If you told the person to review it and he/she asked for money then it ain't right.
But if is to write an SOP for you and you were charged then fair enough.

Hope this helps. It'll surely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 9:15pm On Sep 11
mcobex:
Kindly share here let's see.

See below

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 9:20pm On Sep 11
I asked for only review;
Dhinmmar:

Don't know
If you told the person to review it and he/she asked for money then it ain't right.
But if is to write an SOP for you and you were charged then fair enough.

Hope this helps. It'll surely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 9:45pm On Sep 11
george009:
I asked for only review;

Nah dude... even if you ask someone to write it for you, he/she shouldn't even ask for money. At least not from a member of this forum. Yes or No would do. Y'all be your brother's keeper meehn.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Thebushboy: 9:51pm On Sep 11
waynee2baba:

Nah dude... even if you ask someone to write it for you, he/she shouldn't even ask for money. At least not from a member of this forum. Yes or No would do. Y'all be your brother's keeper meehn.

Another side of us...lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:01pm On Sep 11
Juliette3Ken:
Good evening everyone. Is it compulsory one submit a secondary school transcript because my secondary didn't keep account of any
For School admission or Study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:02pm On Sep 11
Juliette3Ken:
Good evening everyone. Is it compulsory one submit a secondary school transcript because my secondary didn't keep account of any
For admission or Study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:03pm On Sep 11
mzjokky16:

VFS pickup mail: 10th September, then i checked my account and it has been approved

Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
Digital Passport
Statement of Purpose
Neco result (2013)
Nysc certificate (2019)
Nysc PPA letter
My birth certificate

above all, Prayer prayer prayer, infact i turned to spiricoco, this whole 12 weeeks almost gave me heart attack expecially when my medical started reading and even though i later received medical request after sending web forms and email, from that sep 5th that my medical was passed and bvl dropped, i coundnt sleep well at night, infact i went to buy a sleeping tablet a day before my approval and the anxiety all over me got me very sick after my approval.
i am specially grateful to AYODEJI786 my son grin, he was there for me through out this trial time, even though he was also expecting his approval and after he got his, he was keeping up with me from morning till night even in the midnight cos i coundnt sleep, Bp all over. you know i love you baby.

A special thanks to Blema111, Martinomi and to everyone here that i cant remember their handle, you guys really gave me hope.

I remember seeing tight applications here on nairaland and i started shivering, it was just Gods grace, i moved away from sins that i know off and i fasted and pray like its my last chance in life.
Frankrobbin, sopwritter, justmellow and the key personnel on this thread, may God continue to increase u in every way, I keep wondering how you never get tired of replying and helping us without getting paid, may God be merciful to you guys in every area of your life. Amen

To everyone still hopeful and waiting on God for approval, you will live to give a beautiful testimony by Gods grace. Amen
Congratulation! More of this we pray. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by prettifunke: 10:26pm On Sep 11
JustMellow:

If your spouse's prior qualification is a B.sc., a Masters or a PGD/C is more suitable. For some reasons of preference, if your spouse can't find a PGD/C, an Advanced Diploma should be a considered choice before a Diploma.

Good luck!

Hello,
Thanks for the response. I'll look into your suggestions.

I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 10:28pm On Sep 11
SOPWriter:
For School admission or Study permit?

School admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kjoy: 10:29pm On Sep 11
JummyFash:
When you get to Alagbon, u will see the photographers there, just tell them you want to snap a passport 35mmx45mm white background..If you won’t mind the charges, u can as well do it elsewhere if u mind the charges but make sure u tell them 35mmx45mm.They’ll grab it..

Hi ,

I thought we don't need to submit passport photo graph during TRV application so far you give biometrics..

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kjoy: 10:36pm On Sep 11
mzjokky16:

Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
Digital Passport
Statement of Purpose
Neco result (2013)
Nysc certificate (2019)
Nysc PPA letter
My birth certificate

Congratulations Mzjokky.

Please can you tell me how many digital passport (s) you submitted and did you snap using the specification or just the regular sized passport phone?

Secondly, the question 6 on the questionnaire "do you have relevant job experience and qualifications for the degree.. list and attach evidence"

My answer is yes but how do I list them given the little space there for answers.. I'm really at a loss.

Please all the gurus available can also help me here.

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evabanks: 10:43pm On Sep 11
sunshine21:
Hello Everyone , I got accepted to UoR for a masters degree programme and am preparing my application for a study permit. The Letter of Acceptance doesn't provide details of the fees to be paid and I want to confirm what figures i can input in the form. Will appreciate guidance from anyone who applied to UoR or general comments that may be helpful.
i got admitted into UoR too. lets link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:47pm On Sep 11
Juliette3Ken:

School admission
Visit your school application page to see if it is required. Some schools accept just WAEC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SCUNCHS: 10:58pm On Sep 11
please can you review my sop
SOPWriter:

The Student visa and Express entry application are two different applications, and will be accessed separately.
Yes, it's okay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Richbest18: 11:05pm On Sep 11
Congrats
mzjokky16:

Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
Digital Passport
Statement of Purpose
Neco result (2013)
Nysc certificate (2019)
Nysc PPA letter
My birth certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Richbest18: 11:06pm On Sep 11
OK Thanks
Jephehe:
Hey Richbest18,

Its automatic denial again because no academic progression in your plans.

I will suggest going for post graduate course like Global Business management course which part of the course is financial/ accounting management.

In your previous rejection did get your gcms note?

My 1kobo hint

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 11:47pm On Sep 11
Please gurus in the house
My friend just got her note now
How can she tackle this please?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by parksg: 1:13am On Sep 12
Congratulations are in order @ mzjokky16 guess you wouldn't be needing the pills anymore lol.
To those replying the entire post, we're greeting you; Well done!
@george009 I could help you vet it if you don't mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juliette3Ken(f): 4:24am On Sep 12
SOPWriter:
Visit your school application page to see if it is required. Some schools accept just WAEC.

Okay then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:00am On Sep 12
Nellykuch:
Baba UK,I see you bro. Immediately I saw the write up I knew it will be you. Me bro,me paddy! Well said by the UK PM himself lol.

Hello ma,
grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:02am On Sep 12
SOPWriter:

Well done, Naijaforeigner.

Thanks boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:03am On Sep 12
waynee2baba:

Nicely said. Very apt and analytical too.

You too much boss.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gossiplover: 5:11am On Sep 12
Congratulations.
mzjokky16:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:15am On Sep 12
Bracha:

I'll attempt to critique your brother's SOP as if it were my brother's. I won't mince words, so pardon me if I come across as harsh. Here goes:

Visa Officer, This should be The Visa Officer,
Canada High Commission,
42, Independence Avenue,
Accra, Ghana.

While the address may not mean anything, I just want to say it is the wrong address for someone applying from Nigeria, unless you're applying from Ghana.

23rd April, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam
APPLICATION FOR A CANADIAN STUDY PERMIT
My name ............ I hail from ….... I am a graduate of the xxxxxxxx, where I obtained my National Diploma and Higher National Diploma degrees in Computer Science. I am currently a freelancer who provides xxxxxx to individuals and top business organizations.

I always suggest that first paragraphs should include educational background immediately after the name and surname of the applicant. In my opinion, your state of origin isn't relevant, they aren't Nigerians and so do not need to know where you're from. Even if they were Nigerians, they still don't need to know where you're from.
I think it should be "my name is ______, a graduate of _____ with specialisation in _____. I am currently _____ etc.

I have always known right from my undergraduate program that my knowledge in computer science is the basis to my intellectual abilities in the IT world.

What does the above even mean please? Please sell yourself well. You could say "I have always been fond of taking gadgets apart or I have always been curious about computers and their functions. This fascination led me to study ______ at the University."

This is shown in my experiences; advancing as a computer administrator in xxxxxx to an IT engineer in xxxxx Limited and now an IT, CCTV and Networking solution provider. I took a bold step of actualizing my dream of being an employer of labour and a company owner by starting out as a freelancer.

You say "this is shown in my experiences", what are those experiences? Why aren't they included if they are relevant to your future course? As a freelancer, do you have a company? Are you an employer of labour or is it just a one-man business? If you decide to include these experiences, please let them be business related; they could even be a mix of business and IT experiences.

Nevertheless, to successfully run my business, I need the relevant knowledge and practical skills, hence, my intention to pursue a certification program in Business Analysis from Fanshawe College, Ontario, Canada.
Fanshawe College provides exceptional courses in Business Analysis, such as business intelligence, business architecture, project management, advanced professional communication, and many more.

What would these courses do for you? What knowledge would they equip you with? What would you be able to do with the knowledge gained? You could just mention one application each of two or three of the courses. If I were the VO, it would make me think 'this guy is really serious about this and he knows his stuff.'

Aside its quality education, Fanshawe College has a friendly environment for international students and its fees are affordable hence my reason for choosing the school.

This isn't good enough for me. Why? School fees for Nigerian universities are much much more affordable than those of Fanshawe, yet you didn't choose to pursue the course in Nigeria. I'd advise that you remove the affordability part if you cannot compare it to other universities in Canada that offer the same course.

Canada is a peaceful country with a peculiar education system and internationally recognized certification.

They know, they do not want you telling them what Canada has. Tell them what you want to do with the degree. For this part, I suggest you just leave it at why you chose Fanshawe College.

My study in Canada will be sponsored by my uncle, Mr. xyz, who currently works as a Correctional Officer with xyz Criminal Justice, United States of America. The sum of CAD$2,300 has been paid to Fanshawe College as part payment of my tuition, attached is the payment receipt and letter of admission. Also a financial statement of USD$35,063.59 equivalent to CAD$46,771.20 has been provided to support my application, attached is the bank statement and bank cover letter.

Please remove that forex link. I'm assuming you didn't include it in the SOP, because really, all they have to do is do the calculation themselves, with their own calculators or an Internet site of their choice. Why would your uncle sponsor you? Is it the norm? Has he been doing that? If yes, please say something about your relationship and show the relationship if you can.

My desire to obtain a postgraduate certification in Canada is to enhance my business career. I intend to be an IT business consultant and on the long run build my company. On successful completion of my study in Fanshawe College, I will return to my home country Nigeria to put into use the knowledge and skills I have acquired to the sustainability of the Nigerian economy.

Your desire is to enhance your business career in what way? An IT consultant doing what? Would the business analysis degree include IT knowledge? What exactly would your own brand of IT consultation be if you're going to study business analysis? Where do the two intersect?.... It should be "and IN the long run". How will you put to use the knowledge and skills you acquire in Nigeria? Saying you want to use your knowledge and skills for the sustainability of the Nigerian economy is not only wildly ambitious but very vague. You cannot sustain Nigeria's economy, you aren't the CBN. Please state exactly what you plan to do with that degree. You could enlist the Internet to aid you, if you're short of words to explain properly.

I hope all these corrections make sense to you. Hopefully they do.

I know I didn't include the address because I assume someone else would do so. Or you could search for it on the thread.

Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:16am On Sep 12
sashaa:

See below
Sorry about that. When do you intend to reapply? Let's see if there's a way I can come in and review things with you(when you intend to reapply will determine that though)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (316) (Reply)

Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: Francology41, LecturerIFE, Mofpearl, Oloshi83 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.