Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025232 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
oyukuwife:
frank help am filling my form online
My son does not have any visa should I still fill a schedule 1 form for him. Someone said the form is only for people that have been out of the country it’s for

It's optional.... You don't need to fill it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Generalmerchant: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
Check your mail. I mailed you back.

CATESTIMONYMIDE:

Have PM, Kindly reply.

I need one for a brother.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
oyukuwife:
pray for me i am submitting my application tomorrow online. which is faster online or paper application
i am going with my 8 month old son , in my loe i explained that my mom will be coming with me to assist me in taking care of my son she has a valid TRV. what do you think before i submit is it a red flag

I would suggest you stick to the fact that your 8 month old son will be accompanying you and exclude that of your mom in the LOE. Once you've finally secured your study visa, she (mom) can come along with you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olamilec(m): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
I have HND (Computer Science) and diplomas in Python and Java Programming, and currently finalising a course in Data Science here in South Africa. What’s the best route to take:
1. Visit Canada as a visitor and apply to school there and or apply for masters from here?
2. What is the best or lucrative part I can follow still in IT in Canada?
Thanks in anticipating your positive replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olamilec(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hello house,
Please I have HND (Computer Science) and diplomas in Python and Java Programming, and currently finalising a course in Data Science here in South Africa. What’s the best route to take:
1. Visit Canada as a visitor and apply to school there and or apply for masters from here?
2. What is the best or lucrative part I can follow still in IT in Canada?
Thanks in anticipating your positive replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
Sorry about the demise of your dad.
with regards to reapplying for 2020, I think you should look at US.
There are some really good schools that give scholarship even better than Canada.
Also the UK too is another option.

For US, make sure you have good GRE scores, and also do an impressive SOP. those 2 combined with your GPA will land you scholarship.
I don't know your course of study, but look up Oklahoma State University, University of Nebraska, Oklahoma University, Minnesota State University, Eastern Tennesse State University. These schools give some good funding for grad sudents with impressive package.

Good luck.

Uriel12:
I guess I have to start looking for a scholarship for 2020.
Does anyone have an idea?
Any country o
cry sad sad sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Uriel12: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
Mudicua:
Sorry about the demise of your dad.
with regards to reapplying for 2020, I think you should look at US.
There are some really good schools that give scholarship even better than Canada.
Also the UK too is another option.

For US, make sure you have good GRE scores, and also do an impressive SOP. those 2 combined with your GPA will land you scholarship.
I don't know your course of study, but look up Oklahoma State University, University of Nebraska, Oklahoma University, Minnesota State University, Eastern Tennesse State University. These schools give some good funding for grad sudents with impressive package.

Good luck.

Thank you very much mudica...
I appreciate
I'm thinking in line with undergraduate programs.

Can you assist me?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 1o1p1w1q: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hey, I live in Canada if anyone has any questions for a local let me know. I'm not familiar with the immigration process since I was born here but I know a bit about the job market and rent costs and stuff like that.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
Anon123:
Pls has anybody who applied for gcms notes with Atip since August 25 gotten his or her notes.. mine is taking too long

It appears the delay is everywhere as I recently noticed some applicants are also complaining about the delay in receiving their GCMS note. Have you received an email from the third party website that your request has been extended until 90days?. You can also send a gentle reminder to them so they could mark your request as a priority.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peruz: 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
Please Frank and every guru on this thread,what do you think about all this papers that I have arranged together for a study permit

Sponsor document:

6months Pay slip

Domiciliary account (two account approximately 15m)

letter of introduction from sponsor office

Office ID card

Letter of promotion

proof of assets

pension statement

Tax paper work

Affidavit

sponsors letter

RSA fund

Applicant's details:

police report

6 month statement of account(with activity on the account)

Receipt of part payment of tuition

Proof of assets(land survey,land sales agreement and receipt)

statement of purpose

upfront medical

Wish me luck .

Frankrobbn1:

I would suggest you stick to the fact that your 8 month old son will be accompanying you and exclude that of your mom in the LOE. Once you've finally secured your study visa, she (mom) can come along with you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 1stdami(m): 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
It's clearly stated on the GCMS request page

They are experiencing a huge number of GCMS request (due to refusal of course) so there might be a delay.

Frankrobbn1:

It appears the delay is everywhere as I recently noticed some applicants are also complaining about the delay in receiving their GCMS note. Have you received an email from the third party website that your request has been extended until 90days?. You can also send a gentle reminder to them so they could mark your request as a priority.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
peruz:
Please Frank and every guru on this thread,what do you think about all this papers that I have arranged together for a study permit

Sponsor document:

6months Pay slip

Domiciliary account (two account approximately 15m)

letter of introduction from sponsor office

Office ID card

Letter of promotion

proof of assets

pension statement

Tax paper work

Affidavit

sponsors letter

RSA fund

Applicant's details:

police report

6 month statement of account(with activity on the account)

Receipt of part payment of tuition

Proof of assets(land survey,land sales agreement and receipt)

statement of purpose

upfront medical

Wish me luck .

Nice and well-detailed profile that can land you a successful TRV Application. Meanwhile, I will like to confirm who is the guarantor of your studies in Canada? What is your proposed course of study in Canada is it in tandem with your previous/current employment status? I can't find a letter of explanation among the list of documents presented above.

Provide the answers to this questions, so I would know how best to advise you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Larryhillz28: 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
Good evening all please I want to know... if I eventually get into Canada and I don’t want to enrol immediately can I work and earn small cash before enrolling?
nannanie10:
Congratulations Bracha. Al the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
1stdami:
It's clearly stated on the GCMS request page

They are experiencing a huge number of GCMS request (due to refusal of course) so there might be a delay.

With the recent rejections for study visa applications from Nigeria. If anyone should seek for my opinion, I see no need ordering for GCMS note most especially when the refusal is from Kenya, Immigration office as these VO's at the Canadian embassy tend to copy and paste GCMS notes for every refused applicant.... Using the word - "Vague and Poorly documented Study Plan,.....Taking the applicant plan of studies into account, the applicant doesn't appear to be sufficiently well-established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense,......... Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country.........According to the applicant's current or future employment prospects, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to their country of residence.... Based on the information, I am not satisfied applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay"..... as a reason for a visa refusal. I can outrightly attest that if 100 person's were rejected of their VISA'S lately, 98% if not all will see the above reason in their GCMS note. Hence, my put forward proposal that GCMS note is irrelevant at this point in time.

PS: This post is open for any critics whatsoever. However, before doing so, make sure you're with your facts and figures. Whilst, I also present mine as well. This is my observation from so many applications and complaints I have been receiving from applicant's whose Applications were delayed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Uriel12: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

With this recent rejections for study visas applicants from Nigeria. If anyone should seek for my opinion, I see no need ordering for GCMS note most especially when the refusal is from Kenya, Immigration office as the VO at the Canadian embassy tend to copy and paste GCMS notea for every refused applicant.... Using the word - Vague and Poorly documented Study Plan, and Taking the applicant plan of studies into account, the applicant doesn't appear to be sufficiently well-established that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense. Based on the information, I am not satisfied applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay...... as a reason for a visa refusal. I can outrightly attest that if 100 person's were rejected of their VISA'S lately, 98% if not all will see the above reason in their GCMS note.

Sir my BVL letter dropped on the 1st of October. But since then I haven't gotten another update... Is anything wrong sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
The VO are still deciding but check your at the top what does your current status says?

[Qquote author=Uriel12 post=82817877]

Sir my BVL letter dropped on the 1st of October. But since then I haven't gotten another update... Is anything wrong sir.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
The V.O are still deciding but check at the top what does your current status says?
Uriel12:

Sir my BVL letter dropped on the 1st of October. But since then I haven't gotten another update... Is anything wrong sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Larryhillz28: 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
Good evening all please I want to know... if I eventually get into Canada and I don’t want to enrol immediately can I work and earn small cash before enrolling?
Frankrobbn1:

Ghana Immigration Officers are presently in charge of processing Permanent Residency Applications for some Nigerian Applicants. They are known to be very slow in dishing out approvals and final decision cry and at same time good at requesting updated bank statements and payslips from PR applicants during VISA processing. Over the years and at the beginning part of last year, Accra VO were the ones processing study visas applications for Nigerian Applicants. Afterwards in March 2018, IRCC now handed over the power to Kenya and London VO. During this period of time in May-August 2018, London VO started facing heavy backlogs for applicants who applied via the online route, which kept so many applications for over a year. Therefore, In an attempt to reduce the workload for the London VO, In September 2018, Kenya VO was now officially crowned the prime visa office to be responsible of all temporary resident visas coming from Nigeria.

I hope this info helps. Feel free to ask me anything, and I'll answer them accordingly.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
Larryhillz28:

It's illegal to work before school enrollment, when caught in such an ACT you're at risk of been deported back to Nigeria or face problems when applying for your PGWP. Many Nigerians work before the start of school. So, It's possible but the work will be a labour focused type of job and the mode of payment will be in CASH and not Direct Bank Deposit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jaylap: 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2019
@ Frankrobbn,Naijaforeigner,Justmellow,Austacus, Mcobex, Makano, Obehi... Please what next! I noticed my medical results has been under review since last week Friday which I did not submit my application with upfront medicals. So I was advised to go for upfront medicals and I got all the tests including X-ray done today. My application will just be 3 weeks on Saturday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 11:59pm On Oct 03, 2019
Sorry just seeing your question
It was upfront

AyoitsMub:
Please did you do an upfront medical test? Or you got a medical request?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:01am On Oct 04, 2019
Uriel12:

Have you been called for medicals? If No,.... I guess you already know the outcome of your application. You should expect the final decision letter latest tomorrow morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2019
U have nothing to worry about.. ur medical request may drop soon... But since u went ahead to do upfront medicals, I wanna assume the Clinic would have submitted ur result to the embassy... So you should be expecting Medical passed soonest... I will advise you also upload the slip given to you in the Clinic via Webform or u can send the embassy a mail with ur Slip as attachment.. Peace
Jaylap:
@ Frankrobbn,Naijaforeigner,Justmellow,Austacus, Mcobex, Makano, Obehi... Please what next! I noticed my medical results has been under review since last week Friday which I did not submit my application with upfront medicals. So I was advised to go for upfront medicals and I got all the tests including X-ray done today. My application will just be 3 weeks on Saturday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:07am On Oct 04, 2019
Jaylap:

As at May-July, 2018 applicants who got this exact update like yours via their MyCIC account were laterly requested to undergo a medical exam by IRCC. However in this recent times, things have drastically changed as IRCC (Kenya VO) proves themselves to be unpredictable beings, even though we try our possible best to gather information on how they operate. My best advice is you shouldn't undergo a medical exam since they haven't requested for it. Take a chill pill, wait until they have instructed you to do so. If your application remains like this for 2 weeks from now. You can raise a CSE to Kenya VO, demanding that a medical update should be sent to your MyCIC Account. I know few persons that did this and it worked out for them. In the interim be positive.

It shall end in praises

PS: Since you've done the medicals already, send a copy of the E-medical slip to Kenya (Nairobi) Immigration department via this email: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

The subject of the mail should bear URGENT, along side the applicant's FULL NAME, UCI NUMBER, APPLICATION NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH.

Also send the E-medical slip via THE WEB FORM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Uriel12: 12:13am On Oct 04, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Have you been called for medicals? If No,.... I guess you already know the outcome of your application. You should expect the final decision letter latest tomorrow morning.

Sigh
It's all in Gods hands now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peruz: 12:26am On Oct 04, 2019
I proposed to study Global business management.I have worked at a pension company for a short period of time.My love for business was elated during my undergraduate final year project/research,I had the opportunity to interact with local business/farm owner and I understand the challenges they are facing and I feel with international idea,I can be of help to my home country aside that I took some courses during my undergraduate days like to entrepreneurial studies, business/farm management, statistics & biometrics and leadership training.In prior to all that has been mentioned I was born into a family of business owner,I grew up into a business family until after my graduation.Do I need LOE after my Sop?

Frankrobbn1:

Nice and well-detailed profile that can land you a successful TRV Application. Meanwhile, I will like to confirm who is the guarantor of your studies in Canada? What is your proposed course of study in Canada is it in iandem with your previous/current employment status? I can't find a letter of explanation among the list of documents presented above.

Provide the answers to this questions, so I would know how best to advise you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:35am On Oct 04, 2019
peruz:
I proposed to study Global business management.I have worked at a pension company for a short period of time.My love for business was elated during my undergraduate final year project/research,I had the opportunity to interact with local business/farm owner and I understand the challenges they are facing and I feel with international idea,I can be of help to my home country aside that I took some courses during my undergraduate days like to entrepreneurial studies, business/farm management, statistics & biometrics and leadership training.In prior to all that has been mentioned I was born into a family of business owner,I grew up into a business family until after my graduation.Do I need LOE after my Sop?

I can perceive that your thirst for relevant academic knowledge in business is indescribable and I trust your SOP will do justice to above statements given by you. Nonetheless, that hasn't answered my questions. Who is the guarantor/sponsor of your study in Canada? What is your current job role?

SOP and LOE - are the same thing and serve the same purpose. It depends on individual preferences. Some prefer SOP to serve as a study intent, why the program and why Canada not NIGERIA, career goals etc.. Whilst, LOE - will be to tackle the concerns of the visa officer raised in their previous refused application. So the onus is dependent upon you to decide whether to use LOE or SOP in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peruz: 12:44am On Oct 04, 2019
My guarantor is my siblings with the same last name and he swore an affidavit to justify it and the lawyer attached a red seal.I served in 2016/2017..I did a contract job with a pension company but presently off job and I have been trying to acquire skill in shoe making .Let me add..No travel history ?
Frankrobbn1:

I can perceive that your thirst for relevant academic knowledge in business is indescribable and I trust your SOP will do justice to above statements given by you. Nonetheless, that hasn't answered my questions. Who is the guarantor/sponsor of your study in Canada? What is your current job role?

SOP and LOE - are the same thing and serve the same purpose. It depends on individual preferences. Some prefer SOP to serve as a student intent, why the program and why Canada not NIGERIA, career goals etc.. Whilst, LOE - will be to tackle the concerns of the visa officer raised in their previous refused application. So the onus is dependent upon you to decide whether to use LOE or SOP in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KlausMike(m): 12:51am On Oct 04, 2019
Uriel12:

Oh it was a full family plan?

The cost of that was too much for my FAM.
Will you be re- applying?

I am currently studying in Canada. The application was for my wife (SOWP) and son (TRV).

About applying again? I have no choice. I recently got a full time job offer for January 2020, meaning I’ll be here for a while.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KlausMike(m): 1:01am On Oct 04, 2019
Christycode:
@Klausmike please how long did they review your eligibility?

6 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 7:13am On Oct 04, 2019
Please gurus in the house, I really need your help. First of all, I graduated with a third class and in light of that I decided to apply for a diploma but unknown to me, I was supposed to apply for a postgraduate diploma (my friend pointed this out to me after she saw my LOA) what do you think about this please?
Secondly, I'm trying to draft my SOP now and I need your advice on how to go about this, I graduated since 2016 and served 2017 and since then I've been teaching, I can't add it because I didn't study education.
Also, I've undergone trainings relating to catering and I also have a registered business on that. Can I add this to my SOP?? Please how do I go about all of this? Help gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 7:18am On Oct 04, 2019
@Frankrobbn @Naijaforeigner @Justmellow @Justacus @Mcobex @Makano @Obehi please help gurus
tosiiNO:
Please gurus in the house, I really need your help. First of all, I graduated with a third class and in light of that I decided to apply for a diploma but unknown to me, I was supposed to apply for a postgraduate diploma (my friend pointed this out to me after she saw my LOA) what do you think about this please?
Secondly, I'm trying to draft my SOP now and I need your advice on how to go about this, I graduated since 2016 and served 2017 and since then I've been teaching, I can't add it because I didn't study education.
Also, I've undergone trainings relating to catering and I also have a registered business on that. Can I add this to my SOP?? Please how do I go about all of this? Help gurus

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.