Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029470 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by danfash09(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
Please house I ordered for GCMS Notes since August and I'm yet to get any feedback on it. What can I do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
danfash09:
Please house I ordered for GCMS Notes since August and I'm yet to get any feedback on it. What can I do.

There is a delay in receiving GCMS note this recent times due to high request for it from prospective permanent resident applicants and refused temporary resident applicants (study visa, visitors and work permit). Hence, there is an extension of 90 days in getting a gcms note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
muyiwaakeredolu:
Hello Guys,pls help..I wasn't given admission for my MBA but the school is ready to give me admission for MBA foundation due to my 2.2.Is it worth it guys?

Can you justify your reasons for wanting to spend so much for an MBA foundation with a 2.2 CGPA when you qualify for a direct post graduate diploma in business management.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
muyiwaakeredolu:
@phatkings what do u advise
Well frank is in a better position to advise
But mba foundation na really wa
Why not look for a pgd in business management
Check
Humber global business management
Centennial global business management in
Fanshawe business management
Conestega strategic global business
St Clair college global business management - logistics
Fleming college
Loyalist college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
makano:
I have read other people's input as regards this ur post, and I can say I cant agree less.. But to me from my observation from last year ,the problem is the Nairobi Visa officers, I have this feeling they personally hate Nigeria applicants. Since when they have been in charge of study permit applications from Nigeria, we have seen very little rate of approval... For those of us that have been on this thread for over 1 year, we all know even when London and LAGOS were giving approvals anyhow like water then, these same Nairobi demons(Yes I call them demons cos they dnt have Joy) will still refuse any application dt comes their way, even if the application is super tight... Am not surprised of the rate of refusals now, immediately I learnt late last year that Nairobi will be in charge of Nigeria study permit, I knew we were in for it.. Since ma presence on this thread for over 2 years, I have never seen the rate of study permit refusals in this manner, and this is simply because the DEMONS themselves are in charge.. They only approve 1 application in like 20 applications.. I just pray the incoming Prime minister will be kind enough to do something about it, cos if not then it can only get worse... God help us.. Peace
You made a good point,
because it is obvious applications from Nigerians are not treated fairly, because you can't tell me majority of nationals from other countries are more qualified than Nigerians with all the effort we put into this visa thing,
anyway it is my prayer point: nothing is permanent, it is getting to the point that our applications will be taken from them to good and fair VO's
"oh baba God just like you delivered the Israelites from the hand of wicked Pharaoh and his armies, may Nigerian study permit applications to Canada be taken from Nairobi to those that will treat us well"

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 11:08pm On Oct 15, 2019
bennyg24:

You made a good point,
because it is obvious applications from Nigerians are not treated fairly, because you can't tell me majority of nationals from other countries are more qualified than Nigerians with all the effort we put into this visa thing,
anyway it is my prayer point: nothing is permanent, it is getting to the point that our applications will be taken from them to good and fair VO's
"oh baba God just like you delivered the Israelites from the hand of wicked Pharaoh and his armies, may Nigerian study permit applications to Canada be taken from Nairobi to those that will treat us well"

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wizzy1989: 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
Mr Frank I want to ask some questions I send additional documents through webform ircc reply me after 3 weeks that the have received my documents and the have forwarded it to cic Nairobi and since then I haven't received any update in my application since September I submitted my application what we I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Drpak: 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bro, you made a good point, but I also disagree with some of your post.

You need to know that a specific visa office has a maximum amount of visas they can issue in a year, and that why they keep pushing the processing time to meet the flw year based on high applications. Using Nairobi, Lagos and london as an example as you’ve mentioned. Nairobi processes about three to four different countries application. Lagos processes only few Nigerian apps. London processes about three different countries including the uk. With london there won’t be so much applications can’t compare the amount of application going Nairobi and that’s why the success rate is higher than Nairobi.

The only reason why is it easier to apply from the US is because there isn’t much study permit application coming from the us compared to African countries.

And also for temporary visa app like study or work in countries like China and India is that their country influenced those decision, and that is why they have more success rate that we Nigerians.
I bet with you, if the Nigerian government can look into this study permit app based on high refusal rate, CIC will adjust.

I read somewhere recently that the Senegalese government made an agreement with the Quebec government as a francophone nation and that was why senegal was the first African country to included in the Student direct Stream.

makano:
I have read other people's input as regards this ur post, and I can say I cant agree less.. But to me from my observation from last year ,the problem is the Nairobi Visa officers, I have this feeling they personally hate Nigeria applicants. Since when they have been in charge of study permit applications from Nigeria, we have seen very little rate of approval... For those of us that have been on this thread for over 1 year, we all know even when London and LAGOS were giving approvals anyhow like water then, these same Nairobi demons(Yes I call them demons cos they dnt have Joy) will still refuse any application dt comes their way, even if the application is super tight... Am not surprised of the rate of refusals now, immediately I learnt late last year that Nairobi will be in charge of Nigeria study permit, I knew we were in for it.. Since ma presence on this thread for over 2 years, I have never seen the rate of study permit refusals in this manner, and this is simply because the DEMONS themselves are in charge.. They only approve 1 application in like 20 applications.. I just pray the incoming Prime minister will be kind enough to do something about it, cos if not then it can only get worse... God help us.. Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Obehi44:
Yes its now boring and that is because of the refusal rate. Many people who are here didn't even write about their refusal, if not it would have been worse.
Like the other monika said, let them give us conditions and requirements no matter how hard or strict. If you meet the conditions, then you can be giving.
They are the reason why people lie in their applications and documents.
Make it simple but strict and hard.
Eg, Pay the whole tuition fee if the program is less than maybe 2yrs.
Pay 50% of the entire tuition fee if the program is more than 2yrs.
Pay $10k LE into a Canadian bank account.
Pay visa fee. ALL NONE REFUNDABLE
Meet other requirements (Home ties depending on the applicant's age or marital status). Then you are good to go.
They should stop all these "personal assets and financial status"
"Travel history"
"Employment situation or employment status"
"Purpose of visit" etc.
And inform countries when they have reached their limit for a particular period.

I am sure many will meet it and many may not.

It's quite dishearten that over my three years of existence on this thread, I haven't seen such high refusal rate as this during this period of time (September and October). My candid advice to applicants who have tried study permit twice or thrice and still got rejected of their visas, is to explore other options of migrating to Canada like the EXPRESS ENTRY, AIPP, PNP'S etc.... The time you will spend waiting for a study permit over and over and been denied on several trials is enough to prepare you to attain a great score for an IELTS exam, evaluate your transcipts via WES, obtain your work reference letters from past and previous employers, create an active profile, receive an invitation to apply and subsequently file for your Permanent Residency Application. The truth of the whole thing is that so many applicants aren't well informed about other programs and it's requirements that can successfully land them in Canada. Because of this, they thought that study permit is the only possible way of migrating to Canada, hence their restriction to it. The time is now, start browsing through the internet and take advantage of other exciting immigration programs too..... Come to think of it, do you know with a permanent residency visa you're entitled to several benefits which includes -

1 – YOU CAN LIVE AND WORK ANYWHERE IN CANADA
You will have the legal right to live and work anywhere in the country! If you start off in Montreal but you find a better job in Toronto, you will have every right to move. Permanent residents aren’t tied to a specific employer or a specific province unless you migrated through the PNP routes.

2 – YOU GET ACCESS TO UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE AND SOCIAL SERVICES
All permanent residents have access to Canada’s healthcare and social services. Canadian healthcare is universal, this means that you will have access to free medical care!

3 – YOU CAN SPONSOR YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN
Once you are a permanent resident, you can apply to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, and dependent children to join you in Canada. That said, if you immigrate through Express Entry, you can include your family on your initial application so you won’t have to sponsor them later on!

4 – YOU CAN BECOME A CANADIAN CITIZEN
Becoming a permanent resident is the first step to becoming a Canadian citizen. Once you’ve resided in Canada for three out of five years, you’ll be eligible to become a citizen!

5 – IT CAN’T BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU
Once you are a permanent resident, the status can’t be taken away from you, unless you commit a serious crime or you fail to meet your residency obligation. All permanent residents must stay in Canada for two out of every five years, otherwise they won’t be eligible to renew their status.

6. -- YOUR TUITION FEES WILL BE SAME AS A CANADIAN CITIZEN.
Once you're permanent residence holder you wouldn't pay exorbitant tuition fees like an international student.

Think twice guys! And do the right thing. Not everyone will migrate to Canada through the expensive route which is the study permit. Always remember to change the plan but, not the goal.

I wish you all the best!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aroj05: 5:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Manasir:
Good day sir pls I need your help. And this is my story. Am 32 years old currently serving in Kaduna study bsc sociology 2.2 I have worked in the bank fidelity bank as thier dispatch rider for 9 years before resing to set up my own company I nake roughly 400k a month in Nigeria but I stil want to make the move cos of the future of my 3 kids. I have a saving of roughly 2m to 3m at the moment pls can u or somebody advice me on what to do. I was contemplating following the masters route but the the university's of Canada west are requesting for almost 34k cad for MBA program although the said I can work for 20 hours in a week but I have to raise 7900cad before given admission this is excluding visa and flight ticket.
Pls my question is
What are my easiest route to Canada because I want to go work and possible bring my family along
Is thiwr any other route one can use to migrate?
What are the first process to follow if one is not going through the student Visa route?
Pls u guys should help me am tired of this country before person drink snipper.

Bros I beg u go and try PR as in express entry. Dont come to canada to study without good funding. University Canada West does not give good funding Its a private school. They are majorly after dat ur 7900 CAD which can only be refunded if ur visa is rejected. U cant work 20hrs per week to pay sch fees ooo Pls no let dem trick u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aroj05: 6:02am On Oct 16, 2019
muyiwaakeredolu:
Hello Guys,pls help..I wasn't given admission for my MBA but the school is ready to give me admission for MBA foundation due to my 2.2.Is it worth it guys?

Which school is it? is it UCW?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aroj05: 6:06am On Oct 16, 2019
muyiwaakeredolu:
@phatkings what do u advise

Its more expensive that way ooo but if u have the fund u can go for it. There admission is easy cos dem dey find moni

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cherryola: 7:59am On Oct 16, 2019
@Frankrobbnn1 Happy birthday to one of the nicest,humble and faithful person I have ever met.May this year be even more wonderful and blessed,May almighty God reward all the good things you have done to help others ..��

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 8:12am On Oct 16, 2019
Good morning guys. If my sponsor is a us citizen, do they have to produce an affidavit saying they will sponsor me or a letter will suffice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2019
Jus4c:

Thanks for your response. How feasible is it to apply for a study permit while inside Canada? I mean for an individual who already has a visitor visa to Canada, later applied and got admitted to a university in Canada.

Its advisable to save your time & apply outside Canada, as it seems almost impossible that such application will be successful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 8:37am On Oct 16, 2019
Happy birthday to you @Frankrobben
More blessing to you!

Thank you for always being candid with your responses here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 8:42am On Oct 16, 2019
lol...
Please do not stress yourself to get a visitor visa to canada and apply for student visa inside Canada. The possibility of being approved is very very low. It is not like in US where you can change your status.

Also there is not guarantee your visa will be approved even while studying in the US (/student visa).

It happened to me... and a friend I know as well. Good thing was he was still in status and reapplied from US and was granted visa, while I was done with my OPT, and had to go back to Nigeria to reapply which took forever to come, but it came.

So think am well.

Jus4c:

Thanks. I am actually in a city in the USA very close to Canada. I am considering continuing my studies in Canada due to ease of immigration after studies: H1-B Visa sponsorship is getting more difficult to come by these days . Getting a Canadian visitor visa from the USA here is very easy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 9:23am On Oct 16, 2019
Was granted admission by the University of British Columbia on the 28th of August against Winter 2020. I submitted an online application 4 weeks ago, 18th September precisely. This morning, I got a notification that I have a message. Lo and behold, it was a medical request letter. Could this be a positive sign?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dorange(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2019
UrsyBC:
Was granted admission by the University of British Columbia on the 28th of August against Winter 2020. I submitted an online application 4 weeks ago, 18th September precisely. This morning, I got a notification that I have a message. Lo and behold, it was a medical request letter. Could this be a positive sign?

Its a positive sign, basically what everyone wishes for is a medical request. Can you share your profile? also did you get scholarship from the University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 1b8m: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2019
my good people what chance do i have in being admitted for a phd program in canada with this profile;

1st degree chemical engineering with 3.05 cgpa

masters degree chemical engineering with 4.53 cgpa

1 peer reviewed published journal

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:46am On Oct 16, 2019
UrsyBC:

Please intensify your prayers, its a very good sign especially in this time of refusals. Can you confirm where your application is been processed?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2019
Happy birthday Frankrobbn1, age gracefully.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2019
1b8m:
my good people what chance do i have in being admitted for a phd program in canada with this profile;

1st degree chemical engineering with 3.05 cgpa

masters degree chemical engineering with 4.53 cgpa

1 peer reviewed published journal

thanks

Your chances are good, try contacting a potential supervisor before applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sophiesteve: 11:01am On Oct 16, 2019
Happy birthday frankrobbn1,Do age gracefully. you have been so helpful. May the Almighty guard your affairs and be there for you in your time of need. Llnp ��������

@frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Happy Birthday to the guy with a golden heart. Many more years in good health . May the Good Lord grant your heart desires. Amen. @frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Makingjuba: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2019
Pls i need help on my SOP I have been offered an admission into a Usask saasakon and its my second degree pls i need help i have been brainstorming on how to make the SOP Top notch pls help
Opana1:
The road has never been smooth, you can ask anyone who is in Canada, it gets tougher in your first three to six months here so brace up. If your dream is to study in Canada, never give up. If you have been refused reapply but this time make it stronger. If you are just in the process of applying take your time and do it right.

Yes people are being refused everyday the same way people are getting visa everyday. Let's just take our time and make sure we handle issues well.

Just hope and prepare well l, don't hesitate to ask questions too, trust me you will get it even if it means coming late.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
Happy birthday frankrobben1. The Oga himself. Your work here is highly appreciated. Cheers to more good things to come.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thanks for the advice and restoring hope in some of us.

I recently got invited for medicals and decided to use IOM over Q-life, which was cheaper but offered between 3-10 business days for sending report. To my surprise, IOM was a complete mess. They had issues with their x-ray machine and needed to take us to a nearby hospital. The whole process took time. I had my appointment from 11:30am but was there till almost 8pm. They said it would take 3 business days for report to be uploaded. It is now about a week and still nothing. I'm actually regretting not using Q-life.

Does anyone have an experience with Q-life Lagos? They should please share with the house, as I would at this time discourage people from using IOM.

Sorry for my ranting grin, I just thought people should be informed

Bimmy35:
APPROVAL.

Am a silent reader and been following the thread for a long time.

First I really appreciate all the selfless guys for their invaluable contributions, they are never tired to assist people on the forum. God bless you all.

Got my approval on September 24 and passport pick up yesterday October 08.

Below is my timeline.

Application type: on-line

Application date : June 21

Bio-metric : June 24.

August 26: Sent web-form after 9 weeks without update.

Medical request: August 28

Medical Done (IOM Lagos) : September 05 ( Please always ensure you follow up with these guys if you notice your medical is not updated after 3 working days, they can be nightmare).

Medical passed: September 19

passport request and submission September 24.

Course: MBA- University of Canada West

Sponsors: My Mum and Sister.

For all TRV hopefuls please do not loose hope and continue pushing.

God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please who can explain this to me and what next to do;

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
george009:

What is the content of the correspondence letter dated 16th October? is it medical request or biometric validity?
if it is medical request then congratulations in advance but if it is biometric validity, then it is refusal but if you did upfront medical it is 50/50 approval or refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
U just received ur BVL (U can open the document to be sure tho).. Did u get a Medical request form CIC which has been passed or did u do any Upfront medicals which has also been passed? If ur answer to the FORMER is a yes, then dts a very good sign, if ur answer to the Later is a Yes, then thats a 50-50 chance of approval.. But if the answer to both categories is a NO, then am afraid its nt a good sign at all.. Also when did u apply and what route? Keep the house updated... Peace
george009:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
No upfront medical and its Validity of biometric information
makano:
U just received ur BVL.. Did u get a Medical request form CIC which has been passed or did u do any Upfront medicals which has also been passed? If ur answer to the FORMER is a yes, then dts a very good sign, if ur answer to the Later is a Yes, then thats a 50-50 chance of approval.. But if the answer to both categories is a NO, then am afraid its nt a good sign at all.. Also when did u apply and what route? Keep the house updated... Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.