Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022841 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lynniebabes(f): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
Yrs it is
UrsyBC:
Was granted admission by the University of British Columbia on the 28th of August against Winter 2020. I submitted an online application 4 weeks ago, 18th September precisely. This morning, I got a notification that I have a message. Lo and behold, it was a medical request letter. Could this be a positive sign?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by beulah2525: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hello everyone. Youre all doing a great job. Pls i want to know if i can apply for Canada student with with my family at thesame time and how to go about it. Thanks for your help. posting for the first time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alexandraonwu: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hello, please I'm new here, I'll like to get some assistance from you guys, please i have applied twice for study visa to Canada, and twice have i been refused. First refusal reason were based on purpose of my visit and my family ties canada and Nigeria. Second refusal was based on the two above mentioned including my present work situation, which is what i do not understand. I have a sister in Canada. Please can anyone guide me with what I'm doing wrong. Because i want to reapply before the next week.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yacha77: 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
opeey:
those anyone here know a good piloting school in canada,.
some schools I read about online through comments on google map rating are not encouraging, like paying for flight course and not getting what you played for and only after the money your money as an international student.
They are lots of flight schools in Canada and in choosing, some things needs consideration but most important is your budget. NEVER think that you can work and pay your way through flight school so budget is impt. About bad schools, mostly are in the US, few in Canada and you fall when you go for the unrealistic cheaper school, as they say * penny wise and pounds foolish* . best aviation will help you narrow down your search and from my experience go for school in provinces with low cost of living, not the big cities. Holla anytime for specific info...............
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by opeey(m): 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
Qudkom:

Contact @yacha77 he can guide you on reputable flight schools.
Thanks I will contact him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
Share your profile here,
When did you apply and what kind of route, so that some gurus in the house can help you out
Alexandraonwu:
Hello, please I'm new here, I'll like to get some assistance from you guys, please i have applied twice for study visa to Canada, and twice have i been refused. First refusal reason were based on purpose of my visit and my family ties canada and Nigeria. Second refusal was based on the two above mentioned including my present work situation, which is what i do not understand. I have a sister in Canada. Please can anyone guide me with what I'm doing wrong. Because i want to reapply before the next week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Justasking: 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry about the outcome of your application.

THE REASON GIVEN IN THE GCMS NOTES CAN BE SEEN AND ALREADY EXPLAINED HERE..

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I appreciate
happy birthday bro.. a friend of mine is using an agent to apply... she is a university graduate but the agent is applying to colleges for her... I feel it doesn't make sense but her agent told her it's easy to get visa with college..she's really confused now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:08am On Oct 18, 2019
Alexandraonwu:

don't state that you have a sister in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:15am On Oct 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alexandraonwu: 5:07am On Oct 18, 2019
zamony:
Share your profile here,
When did you apply and what kind of route, so that some gurus in the house can help you out

the first application was on 21th june 2019, and it was rejected on 28th August 2019, i reapplied on 11th sept 2019 and got rejected again on 16th oct 2019. I'm applying for a study visa to Fanshawe College. I'm not using an agent, im doing the application myself. I attached pics of my two rejections above. More assistance is required please. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alexandraonwu: 5:09am On Oct 18, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

don't state that you have a sister in canada.

i didn't mention her in my statement of purpose but i did when filling out the personal form .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MissMichelleA(f): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2019
Hi everyone. I booked an upfront medical exam at IOM MHAC Lagos for Wednesday next week.
Is it after I have done the exam that Wednesday that I can finally submit my application because I have uploaded the necessary documents?
Also I am Sickle cell anemic but I use only drugs to manage my condition. Do I have to tick yes in the part of the student permit application form where I am asked if I have any medical conditions that requires more than the use of drugs to manage? I know the obvious answer is no but I still need to confirm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by echelonfashion(m): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

More blessings Mr Frank. Heaven is cooking something for you. Stay tune

Thank you very much for taking your time to celebrate my birthday with me cool. I am really grateful for the kind wishes and prayers from you all. I hope for more productive years to come on this thread. My sincere prayer is that God will meet each and everyone needs here at the appointed time and their heart desires will be met soon. Amen!

Once more I'm grateful!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 8:57am On Oct 18, 2019
Thanks for sharing. It will end in praise!!

[quote author=UrsyBC post=83229596]

UBC admission: 28th August
Online Application: 18th Sept
Biometrics Request: 20th Sept
Medical Request:16th Oct.

First time applicant.

My passport was to expire 3 months into the winter term and of course, my Visa's validity if granted wouldn't be longer than March, so I had to wait for it to drop to 6 months, then I applied for passport renewal. I also got my police clearance certificate in September.

Took me not less than a week to write a one and a half pages of SOP. I kept editing and restructuring, adding and subtracting. My strategy was to weigh the pros n cons of each point I try to make. Any information that I weigh n perceive could be misinterpreted, I thrower more light. For instance, my kids are part of my ties. The least is 2 years old. I felt the VO would wonder why a sane mother would want to leave her young child. At the same time, i felt the VO would also wonder how i would travel with a toddler given the intensity of my professional masters degree. I had to choose one side of the argument and gave solid reasons which sent a pointer to my determination to study and graduate with good grades while outlining adequate steps I've put in place for the welfare of the kids I'm leaving behind.

I also mentioned what I intend to do upon return and showed evidence of some tangible things I'd leave behind as a major fallback when I return. Each day I read my SOP, it made deeper meaning. I understood it differently and kept manipulating it until I was convinced that I had done noble. Worthy to mention is that I showed a career progression from my previous study and current work experience, to the intended program. Meanwhile, I attached an LOE to explain my previous US tourist Visa rejection, reason for not writing IELTS + correspondence from school confirming that IELTS would be waived if my UNN sends them a proof that I was taught in English, other source of income, family composition .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2019
UrsyBC:

First time applicant.

My passport was to expire 3 months into the winter term and of course, my Visa's validity if granted wouldn't be longer than March, so I had to wait for it to drop to 6 months, then I applied for passport renewal. I also got my police clearance certificate in September.

Took me not less than a week to write a one and a half pages of SOP. I kept editing and restructuring, adding and subtracting. My strategy was to weigh the pros n cons of each point I try to make. Any information that I weigh n perceive could be misinterpreted, I thrower more light. For instance, my kids are part of my ties. The least is 2 years old. I felt the VO would wonder why a sane mother would want to leave her young child. At the same time, i felt the VO would also wonder how i would travel with a toddler given the intensity of my professional masters degree. I had to choose one side of the argument and gave solid reasons which sent a pointer to my determination to study and graduate with good grades while outlining adequate steps I've put in place for the welfare of the kids I'm leaving behind.

I also mentioned what I intend to do upon return and showed evidence of some tangible things I'd leave behind as a major fallback when I return. Each day I read my SOP, it made deeper meaning. I understood it differently and kept manipulating it until I was convinced that I had done noble. Worthy to mention is that I showed a career progression from my previous study and current work experience, to the intended program. Meanwhile, I attached an LOE to explain my previous US tourist Visa rejection, reason for not writing IELTS + correspondence from school confirming that IELTS would be waived if my UNN sends them a proof that I was taught in English, other source of income, family composition .

Meanwhile, I have a travel history(US and)
Self-sponsorship
Employed with a meagre salary
Printed n submitted the tuition n cost of living page as seen on the school's website.
Statement of account(4 months)
fixed deposit
Reference letter from bank
Transcripts
Proof of English Proficiency from undergrad school
Letter from employer(recent)
TCC
Pay stubs (3months)
Survey plans of properties in my name
Birth certificates of kids
Hubby n dad's biodata page.
Picture of just the kids together with a minor ward.
Confirmation letter from UBC on deposit payment
Conditional letter of acceptance
Tuition Fee is to be paid in 3 instalments

I think less is actually more. SOP was straight to the point so as not to bore the VO or divulge unnecessary information that could be used against me. For each information I gave, I asked myself if it was necessary and directly related to my application. Then I moved to weighing the implication of every possible answer. I actually set up a law court in my head.

For me, preparing and sending in my application was like preparing for a life changing exam. I almost gave up cos it was too much for just an application, but for the deposit I already made...I needed at least a rejection to get it back. lol

PS: I have an active EE profile and didn't delete for the purpose of this application. Afterall, my timeline in the morning is same even at night and what would be would be. It's not a do or die affair. Holding on to see what the end would be...

Meanwhile much respect to frankrobbin, justmellow and all those who take time to respond to questions on this platform. E no easy, I swear. See as hand dey pain me n I dey jump certain details wey I wan share. They'll definitely come sha...in due course whether or whethern't Visa is approved. Lol.

Much luv, fam

Thanks for the acknowledgement, congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chymerokay(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2019
Glasses1:
Hello house... I'm new here... Got admission to Seneca College and would like to have proper guidiance as I was denied Australia visa in Jan and dont want to make same mistake...
1. I intend paying my fees soon (1st semester fee requested by school), Whats the best way to go about the payment, is there a way to pay and save cost of international transfer.

2. What are the things I need to have in mind to make the visa process a smooth one?

PS: Its never easy to start reading this thread from scratch, i'll be reading actively from this post, pls help answer. Cheers!
Good morning and how are you?
I got an Offer Letter too from Seneca College.
Kindly reach me via chymerokay@gmail.com so we could talk. Two heads are better than one. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jazzyjay(f): 9:58am On Oct 18, 2019
Good morning great minds.

Please does anyone know how University of Manitoba pre masters admission is processed?

Is it possible to get Visa for the course?

I am applying for pre masters admission for fall 2020 want to know my faith before I go ahead to make payment for the application.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jazzyjay(f): 10:25am On Oct 18, 2019
Please anyone going to University of Manitoba.

I would like to connect with you.

You can respond to this message so that I can email you.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
Good day nairaland family,
Application refused for the second time
submitted: September 18 (with upfront medical)
BVL: October 16
Refusal: October 16
Reasons for refusal
Family ties in Canada and country of residence
Limited personal assets and financial status
I got admitted to MEng civil engineering for winter 2020 at university of Windsor, had my BEng in civil engineering in 2015
three years experience plus a registered business of six months old,
I paid tuition deposit of 4000CAD
sponsor had 37kCAD plus extra in account to care for tuition(total tuition is 30kCAD)
I had 10kCAD plus 1.1m in personal account for living expenses and flight itinerary all well explained in SOP/LOE but still got refused,
note: first refusal was on insufficient funds to pay tuition, maintain myself and transport fare,
second refusal now family ties and limited assets
home ties:my functioning business,land, parents/siblings and future employment prospects
Family and siblings all employed in Nigeria

I wish all TRV hopefuls speedy approval and thanks to all those here using their time, knowledge and experience to assist others.
As for me I am out of this Canada game, let my use my hard earned cash to boost my company here and will thus visit other countries on my vacations instead of dashing those wicked VO's 150CAD per application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ShinningStar27: 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
mcobex:
Since it is one year, you should act as the sponsor (since you paid 20k yourself) , while your sister act as co-sponsor then she needs to transfer the balance of CAD 7k into your personal account (for the balance of your tuition fee + flight or your living expenses).
NB: I saw your PM , but sorry I don't attend to PMs for now. Feel free to ask all questions here and I will try to attend to them if I am chanced, also it gives other people the opportunity to say what they know so we can all learn .
Good luck

Hi thumbs up for the job you are doing. I want to find out somethings. My Boss is co-sponsoring me for my studies in canada. He doesnt bear same surname as me though. The tie i intend to use is Family and my job since my boss also intends to give me a letter stating i am going for study leave. do you think that will fly? Also how much do i need to have in my own personal account i am not worried about my Bosses account balance tho. Thank you, i await your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hello house, pls what is the best way to pay my Tuition fee from naija here... any help to save cost?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
beulah2525:
Hello everyone. Youre all doing a great job. Pls i want to know if i can apply for Canada student with with my family at thesame time and how to go about it. Thanks for your help. posting for the first time.
Why not apply for yourself first and then help your spouse get s visiting visa which can then be converted to an open work Permit. You'll need proof of enrollment, study permit and money($10k for your spouse and $5k for each accompanying child)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
bennyg24:
Reasons for refusal
I got admitted to MEng civil engineering for winter 2020 at university of Windsor, had my BEng in civil engineering in 2015
sponsor had 37kCAD plus extra in account to care for tuition(total tuition is 30kCAD)
I had 10kCAD plus 1.1m in personal account for living expenses and flight itinerary all well explained in SOP/LOE but still got refused,
note: first refusal was on insufficient funds to pay tuition, maintain myself and transport fare,
home ties:my functioning business,land, parents/siblings and future employment prospects

I wish all TRV hopefuls speedy approval and thanks to all those here using their time, knowledge and experience to assist others.
As for me I am out of this Canada game, let my use my hard earned cash to boost my company here and will thus visit other countries on my vacations instead of dashing those wicked VO's 150CAD per application.
Sorry to hear bro. Why don't you try Germany or New Zealand and use it as a springboard for Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segzyndpep(m): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
UrsyBC:

First time applicant.

Meanwhile, I have a travel history(US and)
Self-sponsorship
Employed with a meagre salary
Printed n submitted the tuition n cost of living page as seen on the school's website.
Statement of account(4 months)
fixed deposit
Reference letter from bank
Transcripts
Proof of English Proficiency from undergrad school
Letter from employer(recent)
TCC
Pay stubs (3months)
Survey plans of properties in my name
Birth certificates of kids
Hubby n dad's biodata page.
Picture of just the kids together with a minor ward.
Confirmation letter from UBC on deposit payment
Conditional letter of acceptance
Tuition Fee is to be paid in 3 instalments

I think less is actually more. SOP was straight to the point so as not to bore the VO or divulge unnecessary information that could be used against me. For each information I gave, I asked myself if it was necessary and directly related to my application. Then I moved to weighing the implication of every possible answer. I actually set up a law court in my head.

For me, preparing and sending in my application was like preparing for a life changing exam. I almost gave up cos it was too much for just an application, but for the deposit I already made...I needed at least a rejection to get it back. lol

PS: I have an active EE profile and didn't delete for the purpose of this application. Afterall, my timeline in the morning is same even at night and what would be would be. It's not a do or die affair. Holding on to see what the end would be...

Meanwhile much respect to frankrobbin, justmellow and all those who take time to respond to questions on this platform. E no easy, I swear. See as hand dey pain me n I dey jump certain details wey I wan share. They'll definitely come sha...in due course whether or whethern't Visa is approved. Lol.

Much luv, fam

Can you help with my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bimmy35: 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
Hello house.

Please is it compulsory I update IRCC with my new admission letter.
Got approval late but could not resume for September 2019 intake. I have however defer to January 2020 and I have a new letter of acceptance from school for this.
Should I update IRCC with the new letter or I should just ignore. If I must submit the letter, how do I go about it.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
Qudkom:

Sorry to hear bro. Why don't you try Germany or New Zealand and use it as a springboard for Canada
I don't just like Germany cos of the language barrier, for New Zealand, hmmm maybe later. let me cool my head and face my company for now,
thanks for your concern
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you very much for taking your time to celebrate my birthday with me cool. I am really grateful for the kind wishes and prayers from you all. I hope for more productive years to come on this thread. My sincere prayer is that God will meet each and everyone needs here at the appointed time and their heart desires will be met soon. Amen!

Once more I'm grateful!

Happy belated birthday!
Stay cool and remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joydavid2000(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
Does studying and working mean that school fees is not going to be paid again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sorry about this bro. These guys are mad. I think no one should bother applying for the rest of the year. I urge you not to give up. Defer admission to May, try one last time in January. Remember all we have spent so far on medicals and what not.

My personal plan is to apply January. If it comes out negative, it's straight to UK because of this new 2 years development. If that be the case, I'd still run EE after securing the masters, after all na 1 year masters with option to stay 2 years. Reason am

bennyg24:
Reasons for refusal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
MissMichelleA:
Hi everyone. I booked an upfront medical exam at IOM MHAC Lagos for Wednesday next week.
Is it after I have done the exam that Wednesday that I can finally submit my application because I have uploaded the necessary documents?
Also I am Sickle cell anemic but I use only drugs to manage my condition. Do I have to tick yes in the part of the student permit application form where I am asked if I have any medical conditions that requires more than the use of drugs to manage? I know the obvious answer is no but I still need to confirm.

Hey michelle, so sorry to hear about your current health condition, the lord will always be your strength. That been said, you have to tick yes in the form because your medical result will prove you wrong on that front. Indicating you have health condition doesn't mean an outright refusal. I think the VO would be more concern on your finances for your health/living expenses, and other aspects of your application. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.