Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029092 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
Did u get any Medical request? If No, then am afraid.. Still be hopeful tho, cos this peeps cant be predicted.. Keep the house posted when u finally get ur final decision.. Peace
george009:
No upfront medical and its Validity of biometric information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmy4Gold: 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
Happy birthday Mr Frankrobbn1 wishing you LLNP IJN Amen. May God Almighty grant you success IJN Amen. Many happy returns of today sir. You have been resourceful to many here, May God bless you more for that IJN Amen. please enjoy your day sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
Orlarshaynee:
Thanks for the advice and restoring hope in some of us.

I recently got invited for medicals and decided to use IOM over Q-life, which was cheaper but offered between 3-10 business days for sending report. To my surprise, IOM was a complete mess. They had issues with their x-ray machine and needed to take us to a nearby hospital. The whole process took time. I had my appointment from 11:30am but was there till almost 8pm. They said it would take 3 business days for report to be uploaded. It is now about a week and still nothing. I'm actually regretting not using Q-life.

Does anyone have an experience with Q-life Lagos? They should please share with the house, as I would at this time discourage people from using IOM.

Sorry for my ranting grin, I just thought people should be informed

When did you apply and when did you get your medical request, and where is your application being processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nzeelvis(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
bennyg24:

You made a good point,
because it is obvious applications from Nigerians are not treated fairly, because you can't tell me majority of nationals from other countries are more qualified than Nigerians with all the effort we put into this visa thing,
anyway it is my prayer point: nothing is permanent, it is getting to the point that our applications will be taken from them to good and fair VO's
"oh baba God just like you delivered the Israelites from the hand of wicked Pharaoh and his armies, may Nigerian study permit applications to Canada be taken from Nairobi to those that will treat us well"
16 October 2019

UCI: 1123006966

Application No: S303648024

Email: ASK4ELVIS101@GMAIL.COM

Dear

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

+

+

+

+

+

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Sincerely,

IRCC Nairobi

High Commission of Canada to Kenya

www.cic.gc.ca

I just received my refusal letter now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
Oh God why this Nairobi people dey do naija like this Ehhhh.... When did you submit your application and what type of route did you use
Nzeelvis:
16 October 2019

UCI: 1123006966

Application No: S303648024

ARINZE ELVIS OBINNA

Email: ASK4ELVIS101@GMAIL.COM

Dear ARINZE ELVIS OBINNA

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

+

+

+

+

+

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Sincerely,

IRCC Nairobi

High Commission of Canada to Kenya

www.cic.gc.ca

I just received my refusal letter now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nzeelvis(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
zamony:
Oh God why this Nairobi people dey do naija like this Ehhhh.... When did you submit your application and what type of route did you use
On the 9th of September. Paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iCode2: 2:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
Greetings house, quick one: Can someone get admission into a masters program with a PGD (post graduate diploma) and maybe scholarship in Canada? PGD GPA of 4.5
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
Sorry about ur refusal bro
1.Is this ur 1st time or re-application
2. When did ur BVL drop before this refusal
3. Did u do Upfront medicals, if yes, when was it passed?

You can order for ur GCMS note to know the actual reasons why ur application was refused.. Peace
Nzeelvis:
On the 9th of September. Paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
makano

What is ur application update?

makano:

You can order for ur GCMS note to know the actual reasons why ur application was refused.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by namasi(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please can someone help me with information about the duration of master degree in University of Regina, and what is the tuition fees. Please help me because the information on the website isn't clear to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
JustMellow:

Please intensify your prayers, its a very good sign especially in this time of refusals. Can you confirm where your application is been processed?

I don't know yet. Would share once I confirm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please, can someone submit only the sponsor's account without a personal account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
Adult applicant? Very risky thing to do
Ginaruby:
Please, can someone submit only the sponsor's account without a personal account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by donaldcarson(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
UrsyBC:
Was granted admission by the University of British Columbia on the 28th of August against Winter 2020. I submitted an online application 4 weeks ago, 18th September precisely. This morning, I got a notification that I have a message. Lo and behold, it was a medical request letter. Could this be a positive sign?
congratulations! !!can u PM me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
It all depends on the program you intend applying to. On the school's website, search for COST OF STUDY. Follow the instructions and you should get an estimate of your tuition, living expenses, etc. (N/B: some estimates are per semester, some per year. Almost mixed it up at one point...)

Most of the masters program run for 1.5-2years. Anything you don't get, google it, you'll be directed to the right source.
Hope that helps!

namasi:
Please can someone help me with information about the duration of master degree in University of Regina, and what is the tuition fees. Please help me because the information on the website isn't clear to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
jessyeve:
Adult applicant? Very risky thing to do

Okay thanks, though the sponsor has over 90m in his account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by addy2019: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
Your best bet is to use the web form to contact them. There is no harm in doing that.
Rennie97:
Did anyone get into Vancouver island uni and I applied for visa since August 14th no response and I didn't do medicals upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by addy2019: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2019
Correct. Since you are going for student visa even if it is #200 you have in your acct just submit it for formality...It doesnt count but at no cost.
Ginaruby:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by addy2019: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2019
The information are easily comprehensive. However, if there is any line you are not sure of just check eejaysblogdotcom and leave me your message. I will guide you tru. Tnkx.
namasi:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by addy2019: 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hard to get schorlaship from naija...doesnt mean its impossible....easier when you get in, perform well and get access to so many grants etc. All d best.
iCode2:
Greetings house, quick one: Can someone get admission into a masters program with a PGD (post graduate diploma) and maybe scholarship in Canada? PGD GPA of 4.5
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
Applied for permit August 14

Biometrics request August 15

Medical request October 1

Went for medicals last Wednesday (October 9) but still haven’t seen any update on my profile.
JustMellow:

When did you apply and when did you get your medical request, and where is your application being processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
Refusal Letter Finally Dropped;

What is the way forward, house!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
addy2019:
Correct. Since you are going for student visa even if it is #200 you have in your acct just submit it for formality...It doesnt count but at no cost.

Thanks, though they already submitted without a personal account, I Pray God, to see them through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by addy2019: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
Yeah, should be good.

Got a couple of friends wen tru that.
Ginaruby:

Thanks, though they already submitted without a personal account, I Pray God, to see them through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sirkay360: 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
How long does it take to secure the Usask admission. Is it Winter 2020 admission?

Makingjuba:
Pls i need help on my SOP I have been offered an admission into a Usask saasakon and its my second degree pls i need help i have been brainstorming on how to make the SOP Top notch pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nzeelvis(m): 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
makano:

1.it's my first application
2. I received my BVL on the 8th of October
3. I did not do upfront medical. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jeanjohnny(m): 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
george009:
Refusal Letter Finally Dropped;

What is the way forward, house!
Same reasons with mine. Got mine an hour ago or so. Sept 18th Applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Teematu: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
This really cracked me up. I still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! Ur pal has to show he has a tv that will miss him and will need to be watched na, so u c, ur pal just has to come back to meet it. Wat wt d wedding in view again. Naija! We don suffer oo. God dey sha

dekere:
Bad economy state of the country and some fortunate Nigerians that acted against their stay conditions contributed to the negative outcome of the cic. So to know the true student its just like a camel going through the eyes of a needle, that is why intending student are even confused of the document to add to evident their true intention, my pal dey tell me say what about to add tv receipt, laptop receipt and future wedding invitation card, lolz.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bimmy35: 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
Orlarshaynee:

I recently got invited for medicals and decided to use IOM over Q-life, which was cheaper but offered between 3-10 business days for sending report. To my surprise, IOM was a complete mess. They had issues with their x-ray machine and needed to take us to a nearby hospital. The whole process took time. I had my appointment from 11:30am but was there till almost 8pm. They said it would take 3 business days for report to be uploaded. It is now about a week and still nothing. I'm actually regretting not using Q-life.

Does anyone have an experience with Q-life Lagos? They should please share with the house, as I would at this time discourage people from using IOM.

Please don't allow these people to delay you. Just go there and enquire about the delay.

My own case, had issue with with my xray but they didn't notify me until I called them on the forth day and even after that they still messed up.

I think they are overwhelmed but you have to follow and get closure, ask for copy of the medical report.

Regards,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
UPDATE: it seem as though I was looking at the wrong part of my online application on CIC website. I was expecting to receive an email saying I had a message to read on my online application. This wasn’t the case.

After checking and checking, I realised that my medical result had been sent and from the status message displayed; I passed. I had also called IOM earlier and they verified that my result was sent 2 days after my medical appointment.

I take it back, IOM isn’t as bad as I thought.
Orlarshaynee:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sinzu01(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
The level of bad energy nd negative vibe on this trend is crazy mehn....life or death,good or bad,refusal or approval...its everything in life so why alway focus on negativity
Omor i no sabi use this platform for now sha buh its all good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gr8full2God: 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Refusal Oct 16
Submitted Sept 18
Same generic reason.

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.