Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022821 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
Cherryola:
@Frankrobbnn1 Happy birthday to one of the nicest,humble and faithful person I have ever met.May this year be even more wonderful and blessed,May almighty God reward all the good things you have done to help others ..��

Mudicua:
Happy birthday to you @Frankrobben
More blessing to you!

Thank you for always being candid with your responses here.

JustMellow:
Happy birthday Frankrobbn1, age gracefully.

Sophiesteve:
Happy birthday frankrobbn1,Do age gracefully. you have been so helpful. May the Almighty guard your affairs and be there for you in your time of need. Llnp ��������

@frankrobbn1

dubajek:
Happy Birthday to the guy with a golden heart. Many more years in good health . May the Good Lord grant your heart desires. Amen. @frankrobbn1

abelorode:
Happy birthday frankrobben1. The Oga himself. Your work here is highly appreciated. Cheers to more good things to come.

emmy4Gold:
Happy birthday Mr Frankrobbn1 wishing you LLNP IJN Amen. May God Almighty grant you success IJN Amen. Many happy returns of today sir. You have been resourceful to many here, May God bless you more for that IJN Amen. please enjoy your day sir

Thank you very much for taking your time to celebrate my birthday with me cool. I am really grateful for the kind wishes and prayers from you all. I hope for more productive years to come on this thread. My sincere prayer is that God will meet each and everyone needs here at the appointed time and their heart desires will be met soon. Amen!

Once more I'm grateful!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
gr8full2God:
Refusal Oct 16
Submitted Sept 18
Same generic reason.

Sorry about your delay.
did you do upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Is this your first application?
gr8full2God:
Refusal Oct 16
Submitted Sept 18
Same generic reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2019
I think it is high time to find another country to study and work, coz this refusal of a thing too much oo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Damolaay(m): 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ginaruby:

Sorry about your delay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gr8full2God: 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ginaruby:

Sorry about your delay.

No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gr8full2God: 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
zamony:
Is this your first application?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by degxyflexy: 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2019
Happy birthday Bruv, I am sorry this is coming late
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you very much for taking your time to celebrate my birthday with me cool. I am really grateful for the kind wishes and prayers from you all. I hope for more productive years to come on this thread. My sincere prayer is that God will meet each and everyone needs here at the appointed time and their heart desires will be met soon. Amen!

Once more I'm grateful!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by opeey(m): 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
those anyone here know a good piloting school in canada,.
some schools I read about online through comments on google map rating are not encouraging, like paying for flight course and not getting what you played for and only after the money your money as an international student.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olawumi2000: 5:25am On Oct 17, 2019
Mr frankrobbn1 plz i need your assistance urgently . Can
email me though this email olawumisikiru@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sophiesteve: 8:39am On Oct 17, 2019
opeey:
some schools I read about online through comments on google map rating are not encouraging, like paying for flight course and not getting what you played for and only after the money your money as an international student.

Use ATAC website to check for DLI institutions. pick d province u want and it would provide u with list of legit schools. U can pm me though I got admission from one. https://www.atac.ca/web/en/issues/general-commercial-aviation/learn-to-fly.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 8:44am On Oct 17, 2019
gr8full2God:
Refusal Oct 16
Submitted Sept 18
Same generic reason.
That's sad. Keep your head up and try again. Your timeline, pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Update from any August Applicant?

I applied since the 1st of August and no updates till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2019
opeey:
Contact @yacha77 he can guide you on reputable flight schools.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by portablesuzy: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2019
Qudkom:

The programs are limited but possible.
Please like what programs cos I have a third class and d schools thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
portablesuzy:

Please like what programs cos I have a third class and d schools thanks
Check Conestoga college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Justwondering: 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hey frankrobbn1 , happy birthday.
I applied on may 23rd and got delayed on june 14th and below is the reason as stated in the gcms notes i ordered. I’ve been considering re applying soon and i’d like to know the best way to go about this. I’m going for a bachelors so I have no source of income and my sister is my sponsor. Thank you for your reply.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyukuwife: 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
am quite unhappy i applied for study permit application with a visit visa for my son. i applied on 3rd of october with upfront medical. my sons application was rejected on the 10th i doubt whether it was processed at all. but my own application is still reading. it says i have passed my medical exam i submitted upfront, am really scared but hopefull that my application will be processed properly and approved

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iVentHub(m): 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
Happy Birthday, @Frankrobbn1. May your days be long.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
Came here after 5 days just to see only 3 extra pages. Before one day 3 pages Don move.

bennyg24:
see as this thread just quiet!
chai! Canada just they dull people with refusals
I remember when I joined this thread in 2018, it wasn't like this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iCode2: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2019
addy2019:
Hard to get schorlaship from naija...doesnt mean its impossible....easier when you get in, perform well and get access to so many grants etc. All d best.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
Justwondering:
Hey frankrobbn1 , happy birthday.
I applied on may 23rd and got delayed on june 14th and below is the reason as stated in the gcms notes i ordered. I’ve been considering re applying soon and i’d like to know the best way to go about this. I’m going for a bachelors so I have no source of income and my sister is my sponsor. Thank you for your reply.

Sorry about the outcome of your application.

THE REASON GIVEN IN THE GCMS NOTES CAN BE SEEN AND ALREADY EXPLAINED HERE..

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
iVentHub:
Happy Birthday, @Frankrobbn1. May your days be long.

Amen! Thank you very much. I truly appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 6:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hello house... I'm new here... Got admission to Seneca College and would like to have proper guidiance as I was denied Australia visa in Jan and dont want to make same mistake...
1. I intend paying my fees soon (1st semester fee requested by school), Whats the best way to go about the payment, is there a way to pay and save cost of international transfer.

2. What are the things I need to have in mind to make the visa process a smooth one?

PS: Its never easy to start reading this thread from scratch, i'll be reading actively from this post, pls help answer. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
Glasses1:
Hello house... I'm new here... Got admission to Seneca College and would like to have proper guidiance as I was denied Australia visa in Jan and dont want to make same mistake...
1. I intend paying my fees soon (1st semester fee requested by school), Whats the best way to go about the payment, is there a way to pay and save cost of international transfer.

2. What are the things I need to have in mind to make the visa process a smooth one?

PS: Its never easy to start reading this thread from scratch, i'll be reading actively from this post, pls help answer. Cheers!

I wish your question could be answered in one sentence but that won't be possible. Non the less every applicant is unique and it's important to have your financial portfolio in check, sponsor, SOP, ensure your program correlates with previous education credential and work experience etc...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
Frankrobbn1 happy birthday Bro, I wish you many more years in good health and happiness. everyone appreciates your continuous contributions to this forum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
UBC admission: 28th August
Online Application: 18th Sept
Biometrics Request: 20th Sept
Biometrics Done: 26th Sept.
Medical Request:16th Oct.
Medicals Done : 24th Oct.(IOM Lag)
Medicals Passed: 30th Oct.

First time applicant.

My passport was to expire 3 months into the winter term and of course, my Visa's validity if granted wouldn't be longer than March, so I had to wait for it to drop to 6 months, then I applied for passport renewal. I also got my police clearance certificate in September.

Took me not less than a week to write a one and a half pages of SOP. I kept editing and restructuring, adding and subtracting. My strategy was to weigh the pros n cons of each point I try to make. Any information that I weigh n perceive could be misinterpreted, I thrower more light. For instance, my kids are part of my ties. The least is 2 years old. I felt the VO would wonder why a sane mother would want to leave her young child. At the same time, i felt the VO would also wonder how i would travel with a toddler given the intensity of my professional masters degree. I had to choose one side of the argument and gave solid reasons which sent a pointer to my determination to study and graduate with good grades while outlining adequate steps I've put in place for the welfare of the kids I'm leaving behind.

I also mentioned what I intend to do upon return and showed evidence of some tangible things I'd leave behind as a major fallback when I return. Each day I read my SOP, it made deeper meaning. I understood it differently and kept manipulating it until I was convinced that I had done noble. Worthy to mention is that I showed a career progression from my previous study and current work experience, to the intended program. Meanwhile, I attached an LOE to explain my previous US tourist Visa rejection, reason for not writing IELTS + correspondence from school confirming that IELTS would be waived if my UNN sends them a proof that I was taught in English, other source of income, family composition .

Meanwhile, I have a travel history(US and)
Self-sponsorship
Employed with a meagre salary
Printed n submitted the tuition n cost of living page as seen on the school's website.
Statement of account(4 months)
fixed deposit
Reference letter from bank
Transcripts
Proof of English Proficiency from undergrad school
Letter from employer(recent)
TCC
Pay stubs (3months)
Survey plans of properties in my name
Birth certificates of kids
Hubby n dad's biodata page.
Picture of just the kids together with a minor ward.
Confirmation letter from UBC on deposit payment
Conditional letter of acceptance
Tuition Fee is to be paid in 3 instalments

I think less is actually more. SOP was straight to the point so as not to bore the VO or divulge unnecessary information that could be used against me. For each information I gave, I asked myself if it was necessary and directly related to my application. Then I moved to weighing the implication of every possible answer. I actually set up a law court in my head.

For me, preparing and sending in my application was like preparing for a life changing exam. I almost gave up cos it was too much for just an application, but for the deposit I already made...I needed at least a rejection to get it back. lol

PS: I have an active EE profile and didn't delete for the purpose of this application. Afterall, my timeline in the morning is same even at night and what would be would be. It's not a do or die affair. Holding on to see what the end would be...

Meanwhile much respect to frankrobbin, justmellow and all those who take time to respond to questions on this platform. E no easy, I swear. See as hand dey pain me n I dey jump certain details wey I wan share. They'll definitely come sha...in due course whether or whethern't Visa is approved. Lol.

Much luv, fam

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dorange(m): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Thanks a lot @ UrsyBC for sharing your profile and experiences, it will definitely help a lot of people on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
Super frank happy birthday, many more years in good health and wealth, you have really been a blessing to this platform.
Frankrobbn1:

Once more I'm grateful!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.