Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022615 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
harveygordon:
Hello everyone,

I applied for BSc and got denied for TRV twice this year (May and July precisely).

I don't know if applying for MSc would raise eyebrow as I initially applied for BSc in order to get TRV.

Can someone help with this?
No it won't, you stand a better chance getting TRV with your masters application (since you already have Bsc). Feel free to apply for masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2019
Francology41:
Hello house... How is the refund going to happen? Will the school send the money back to the same account where it was sent? Or will they ask for a new account details?

Conestoga College.
Your school will be in better position to answer this question. Some schools pay the funds to the sender's account, while others pay to the student's account. So contact them to know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by portablesuzy: 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
Good day please my seniors and gurus in d house I need help in writting my SOP with details to b included in it
- Details that will be included in d reference letter from ur company
-anyone with someone to assist with d police clearance in Alagbon Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
waynee2baba:

London office will take at least 11 weeks to process his application and refuse him for two reasons. At least Nairobi will refuse anyone they wana refuse under 3-4 weeks.

��� you know this is not true right?

There are countless friends in UK that got their visas approved within 8 weeks and some got approved/ delayed in 5, 10, 12 weeks. Every application is unique.

Your background check is what made your application take so long.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
portablesuzy:
Good day please my seniors and gurus in d house I need help in writting my SOP with details to b included in it
- Details that will be included in d reference letter from ur company
-anyone with someone to assist with d police clearance in Alagbon Thanks

SOP should be written by you and you alone. You will see guidelines online or the first page of this forum. When you are done writing it, then you can send to people on this forum to help with structuring, adding or subtracting from it and then proof read. The job starts with you first.

You can get sample references letters online.

You don’t really need connection for PCC, go there and tell them what you want to do and for which country. You need to know how to negotiate well ....

For example, once you get to the office and they tell you who will do it, before they tell you the price, quickly say “oh it was you my friend mentioned when he came to do his”

He said you did it for 3,500 and you were so nice to him, God bless you sir. He is always singing your praise of how you helped him... bla bla...

From there, negotiation go start. Be street smart bro. Make sure you are the first to mention opening offer, and this should be low

The highest you should pay for PCC is 10k.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
oyatospecial:
I want to improve my CRS score. Though, I'm currently studying for my second Masters. My BRP will expire in January 2021

So you want to go for a third masters in Canada? Just make sure the VO does not know it is your third masters.

When I applied last year in UK, my PPR arrived with just 2 days left on my BRP and I had to rush out of UK (left some of my cloths there till date), hurriedly booked flight and had to submit my passport in Lagos.

To prevent such, apply now and have a plan B. Canada student visa at the moment is good application plus grace of God.

Plan B;

Have you considered PHD in UK? You can also try USA. If you are thinking of USA, make sure you apply in Belfast (don’t use the USA embassy in London).

All the best bro.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Simplytolu(f): 4:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
Tlontin:

We’re you able to get nice winter wears?
Pls where did u get the winter wears
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
WalterC007:
Pls house, how do i apply for gcm note... I was denied study visa today
There are many gcms sites. Just enter "gcms note" on Google.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
olajigaolamide:
CiC processing time has changed to 8 weeks. My application is now 12 weeks and no reply yet
Send a webform through their website stating your application as elapsed the processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
harveygordon:
Hello everyone,

I applied for BSc and got denied for TRV twice this year (May and July precisely).

I don't know if applying for MSc would raise eyebrow as I initially applied for BSc in order to get TRV.

To begin with;
1. Do you have a previous BSc. Certificate?
2. If yes, was it a high CGPA?
3. I'm pretty sure one of the refusal reasons was based on 'Purpose of visit"- did you order gcms note?
4. The chances of getting a trv for Canada for a bsc with age, previous degree in consideration is very low
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

��� you know this is not true right?

There are countless friends in UK that got their visas approved within 8 weeks and some got approved/ delayed in 5, 10, 12 weeks. Every application is unique.

Your background check is what made your application take so long.

Hello,

Please, based on your response. I would like to ask some questions I had been wondering about;

What is the difference between Review of eligibility and Background check as it relate to Canadian visa?

What are being checked under both?

Why is it that some visa application take more than specified time to be approved and some refused less than a month after they applied?

I know you are not a VO, but experience count. Not for Naijaforeiner alone, please, other gurus let's hear from you.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by harveygordon: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Qudkom:

To begin with;
1. Do you have a previous BSc. Certificate?
2. If yes, was it a high CGPA?
3. I'm pretty sure one of the refusal reasons was based on 'Purpose of visit"- did you order gcms note?
4. The chances of getting a trv for Canada for a bsc with age, previous degree in consideration is very low

Answers:

1. Yes, 2,1 in biochemistry
2. 3.85/5 scale
3. Yes,
4. I ordered it but nothing much was stated - can send it to you
5. Clocked 26 few days ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Boscojugunu(m): 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
I just went through the tuition fee of University of mannitoba. Is it in US dollar or Canadian dollar
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
Boscojugunu:
I just went through the tuition fee of University of mannitoba. Is it in US dollar or Canadian dollar

In Canadian dollar
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by silvafox: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hello, house, I am about to submit my study permit application for Canada, my problem is I don't know what document photocopies I am supposed to take to the court for certified true copy and how much it costs.
I don't know if I would be submitting my original documents too
I don't know if all my siblings birth certificates must be from national population commission too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 1:31am On Oct 21, 2019
harveygordon:

Answers:

1. Yes, 2,1 in biochemistry
2. 3.85/5 scale
3. Yes,
4. I ordered it but nothing much was stated - can send it to you
5. Clocked 26 few days ago
So why aren't you looking at the light of a POST GRADUATE PROGRAM. That would have done well for you in the first place. Your cgpa is perfect for one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Useful1: 2:38am On Oct 21, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Happy birthday in arrears to bro Frank. Wishing you many more years of a fulfilled life in Jesus name amen. Congrats amigo.

Thank you very very much my good people. cool cool I am grateful for the best wishes and prayers and I say AMEN to them. I'm honored to be celebrated amidst you all. God bless you all immensely and keep you to witness the good things of life.

@Justasking, what's your friend's CGPA in the university? If she graduated with a 2.1 her sporting chance of securing a Canadian TRV is to apply for a direct master's program. Contrary to this, then a college post graduate diploma program will be fine for her.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:27am On Oct 21, 2019
Pily:
dear, pls is university northern British columbia and university of british columbia also good? i plead that you recommend schools located in provinces will be good for me.

All schools are "good" as long as they have their institution code. Your guide to picking schools is majorly your budget and the competitiveness of the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:32am On Oct 21, 2019
harveygordon:
Hello everyone,

It would only raise a brow if you lied on your ist application by denying or omitting your bsc education.

If you truthfully answered the question of "what you have been doing in the last 10years" , then you are good to go. If not you can be liable under misrepresentation rules.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by harveygordon: 7:48am On Oct 21, 2019
vickyehi:

It would only raise a brow if you lied on your ist application by denying or omitting your bsc education.

If you truthfully answered the question of "what you have been doing in the last 10years" , then you are good to go. If not you can be liable under misrepresentation rules.

I stated that I already acquired a degree in Biochemistry.

My plan was to acquire a degree in video game programming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2019
vickyehi:

I think this is the only person that understood the question. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
I will advise you apply online rather than going through the paper based route. You will only need to provide scanned copies of your documents. Also, for siblings brith certificate, I don’t think that is needed. As I don’t know the full details of your application, I may not be totally able to advise on what document you will need, however, I know the online application option will provide you a checklist, which you should follow. There is a slot for additional information (which is optional); this is where things like: travel history, Nysc, WAEC, transcripts and the likes can be uploaded; as ONE document, so you will need to copy and paste all document into one file. I hope this was helpful?
silvafox:
Hello, house, I am about to submit my study permit application for Canada, my problem is I don't know what document photocopies I am supposed to take to the court for certified true copy and how much it costs.
I don't know if I would be submitting my original documents too
I don't know if all my siblings birth certificates must be from national population commission too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Boscojugunu(m): 3:26pm On Oct 21, 2019
Someone please explain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miarose: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hi,

Please which course did u apply for?am targeting computer science but their admission ratio is quite low.

i also have a toddler and a newborn but looking to go in 2020 to ubc.

Do you mind if i send you my SOP to proof read?

thanks
dubajek:
Thanks for sharing. It will end in praise!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wizzy1989: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2019
Good afternoon housemates since September I submitted my online app only on background check no updates yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Medee: 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hi, I'm currently applying to UCW, pls is there anyway I can talk to for directions. I'd appreciate.

Bimmy35:
APPROVAL.

Am a silent reader and been following the thread for a long time.

First I really appreciate all the selfless guys for their invaluable contributions, they are never tired to assist people on the forum. God bless you all.

Got my approval on September 24 and passport pick up yesterday October 08.

Below is my timeline.

Application type: on-line

Application date : June 21

Bio-metric : June 24.

August 26: Sent web-form after 9 weeks without update.

Medical request: August 28

Medical Done (IOM Lagos) : September 05 ( Please always ensure you follow up with these guys if you notice your medical is not updated after 3 working days, they can be nightmare).

Medical passed: September 19

passport request and submission September 24.

Course: MBA- University of Canada West

Sponsors: My Mum and Sister.

For all TRV hopefuls please do not loose hope and continue pushing.

God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
So I initially decided not to post, so as not to discourage anyone. On a second thought, the thread is about sharing experiences (good or bad).

2nd application, applied via Paper route on the 24th of Sept, BVL dropped last week thursday, visa denied about 31hrs afterwards. Reasons for denial were generic, FAMILY TIES & PURPOSE OF VISIT.

I definitely put my best foot forward, so I'm convinced that for me, this is end of Canada, via study Visa route.
For a 2yrs co-op masters program, 1 year tuition was paid to the school, accommodation deposit also. Last 3 months payslip from where I work, including my savings account, and every relevant certifications were submitted. Sponsor transferred USD15k to my dorm for first year living expenses, flight, etc. Sponsor swore affidavit, showed proof of more than enough, including evidences of several businesses. All my family members submitted their birth certs. and passport datapages, including property I oversee (home tie things). Competent guru's proof-read my SOP, made adjustments, course progression was clearly explained. BSC and prospective MSC are both under Engineering, blah blah blah etc., etc., etc., etc.

On that note, all applications are unique. Congrats to those approved, past and future! Stay positive for those expecting, irrespective of statistics.

Local man moves on! Would definitely explore other options, for now, off to get my fees back! Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nayo10(m): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2019
Pls someone should help me explain this family ties in this Canada visa refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
Sumji:
So I initially decided not to post, so as not to discourage anyone. On a second thought, the thread is about sharing experiences (good or bad).

2nd application, applied via Paper route on the 24th of Sept, BVL dropped last week thursday, visa denied about 31hrs afterwards. Reasons for denial were generic, FAMILY TIES & PURPOSE OF VISIT.

I definitely put my best foot forward, so I'm convinced that for me, this is end of Canada, via study Visa route.
For a 2yrs co-op masters program, 1 year tuition was paid to the school, accommodation deposit also. Last 3 months payslip from where I work, including my savings account, and every relevant certifications were submitted. Sponsor transferred USD15k to my dorm for first year living expenses, flight, etc. Sponsor swore affidavit, showed proof of more than enough, including evidences of several businesses. All my family members submitted their birth certs. and passport datapages, including property I oversee (home tie things). Competent guru's proof-read my SOP, made adjustments, course progression was clearly explained. BSC and prospective MSC are both under Engineering, blah blah blah etc., etc., etc., etc.

On that note, all applications are unique. Congrats to those approved, past and future! Stay positive for those expecting, irrespective of statistics.

Local man moves on! Would definitely explore other options, for now, off to get my fees back! Cheers.

From what I just read up, I think they have no excuse to refuse your approval.
I will really want to know how they do their calculations? gurus help please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.